What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

nomaad

Veteran
What's the floor space of a 24' dome work out to?

424 sq feet.

rootwise: i have a friend who runs the cough in greenhouses... he said the nuggs are fist-sized. absolutely nothing like it, supposedly. I have never grown it, or seen it grown, but its one of my absolute all-time favorites in the smell/taste/high departments. if it yields like I have been told to expect, I am going to be one happy fucker.

I am probably going to put my cough moms in the GH.

I am running a 120 site earo cloner in the garage now. I have yet to see roots on any of the new cuts its is stacked with (mostly blue dream right now). My wife overwatered a couple of trays of clones while I was away but I found that by taking them out of their oasis cubes and putting them in the ezcloner, they sprout roots rather quickly (depending on strain) i am hoping to resurrect 15 OG kush cuts that seem to be lost... they are not reviving as well as some other strains. The Cough shot 1cm roots in 12 hours and the clueberry took less than 24 to do the same.

HOVAH2.0

nomaad: yeah, a greenhouse for spring and then a greenhouse for full season...... is the way im going as well ... maybe even a late season greenhouse, f*ck it...

P

Paco

fort collins cough is awesome. I really want to see it in a green house!
K+

2uptown

fort collins cough

fort collins cough

i was wondering where fort collins is located. is it on the east coast? i have a cut of the cough, are they one and the same? any history on the cut you could bless me with? i ran it last year in the green house and it out yeilded everything hands down. granted it took 12 weeks but well worth it. i can tell ya it does not like cold nights, but had no problem with powder mold or mold. one of my all time favorites. better make sure that green house is huge cause i know the cough will be...........:wave:

nomaad

Veteran
what does sssc stand for? i heard NL5xNevilles Haze (which makes sense based on the taste)... Let's not forget that besides its sick yield (which I have yet to witness) its taste, smell and medicinal value are AAA quality.

nomaad

Veteran
gracias. cannot wait to smoke some of this medicine grown by my own hands. all time favorite strain. hope she lives up to my own internal hype. been close to 7 years since I have smoked it.

right now, I am just waiting for a window of decent weather and some relief from work in the cloning room and family responsibilities and I will erect the green monster.

the fine folks at Good Karma Growers Collective have turned me on to some genetics that i think will be seeing some daylight in my gardens this year. Looking into Gangster Purps, Deep Purple and Purple Nepal. In the past, I have not ever been wowed by the purps... I dig the grapey strains, but never reach for them first. this last round of samples from the ladies at GKG has made me think twice. Hoping to find something with good structure for big plants...

Also took in a large Pineapple Express... rootbound in a #2, but extremely healthy- from some cats I work with. I repotted her immediately in a #10 and cut a few dozen clones and the thing has totally taken off. The cut comes from Portland University.

anyhow... gotta pot a tray clones before i crash. things are getting backed the fuck up in the EZCloner. that shit goes from zero to outta control in the course of a single day.

oh... pics of some prep stuff tomorrow.

P

planty

Right on bro. I've never seen the cough in person but I've seen it grown on line once and the people that did it pulled the largest nugs I've ever seen on line! I feel you bro! Come on weather! I need you to cooperate so I can get shit done! I don't care how much it rains once my plants are out side in their heated green house...i just need enough of a break to make that thing a reality! I decided to buy a tube bender and bend top rail in to 16' hoops to make a 16x32 hoop house..found a great source for 12 mil woven green house poly too so I'm going to come in way under cost for my green house even if it wasn't what I initially planned to do..had to fire the carpenter that was helping construct it...

FWIW I've got a friend down in your area running that GKG Gangsta Purps and he's got bananas popping out of all his top nugs..I'd stay far away from that cross!! Any thing where the Mendo Purp donated hermaphrodite pollen is probably going to be a scary one to run...regular old Mendo Purp is a BEAST out doors though, wish I had a few this season..

nomaad

Veteran
Thanks for the heads up on the nanners. Don't think I'll be running it. That is a shame... but I am more into the "Deep Purple"... seems like a very grapey haze cross. I am waiting to hear more about this strain.

P

planty

Deep Purple..From what I gather from a little Google searching I'd stay far away from Urkle x Space Queen .. Space Queen is Romulan x C99..C99 is notorious for catching PM and just being a generally weak all around individual out door..Deep Purple was back crossed with exactly 1 male to 1 female no testing prior to or after the creation of the seeds...If ya do some searching on that strain you'll see that the Queerkle , Deep Purple projects Subfool did were a complete failure and most cats growin um report herms and/or poor turn out of awesome plants. Just a heads up on that.

Purple Nepal/Urkle/Grandaddy/Grape Ape is a winner though...

The custom smarties have landed.

I feel like I've become about as useful as the rain ...

nomaad

Veteran
oh shit... looks like you have some dirt to move!

You're killing my dream here. That deep purple is so fuckin yummie. Purple Nepal is another of the strains I am considering. I wouldn't consider the Deep Purple a "complete failure." Been smoking the meds for the last 24 hours and I am in love with the taste and the lingering hazey stench.

Last year I ran something that was labeled GDP when I was given it, but it was NOT Grandaddy purps... by no means. I did run the Kyle Kushman Grape Ape... I like it, but it did not really kill it in the yield department. However, I have a good friend who pulled down 7.5 from his (same cut) and shared his pruning technique with me... According to his method, as soon as the plant starts throwing out the long stemmed droopy "cousin It" leaves, you have to start to aggressively prune for light penetration. Done right, you wind up with a true monster. Maybe I should just run the Ape again...

P

planty

Yea bro I'm doing a new plan and I'm not going to openly post about it but when it's done I'm going to be a happy doin da farma ting this season. Really had my ass slapped by a friend and re configured my yard to give me at least 30% more in the end and save me $$$ while doing it!!

I vote for doing the Ape again. Nepal is a good one too I think they're all pretty similar... I'm not sayin' the Urk x SQ Can't throw "good" Plants but nugs are just nugs man.. Ya can dial your pipe or your garden in...My thinking is if I'm dropping about $300 on 1 container to fill it with dirt I want the PLANT that's going to go in it to be a beast.. But don't listen to me..I'm putting OG Kush out side!

Deep Purple..From what I gather from a little Google searching I'd stay far away from Urkle x Space Queen .. Space Queen is Romulan x C99..C99 is notorious for catching PM and just being a generally weak all around individual out door..Deep Purple was back crossed with exactly 1 male to 1 female no testing prior to or after the creation of the seeds...If ya do some searching on that strain you'll see that the Queerkle , Deep Purple projects Subfool did were a complete failure and most cats growin um report herms and/or poor turn out of awesome plants. Just a heads up on that.

Purple Nepal/Urkle/Grandaddy/Grape Ape is a winner though...

The custom smarties have landed.

I feel like I've become about as useful as the rain ...

I can confirm that the Querkle cut is really susceptible to PM but no herms. The herb is great though. I didn't see the yield I wanted to out of it but I think it was the environment not the plant. It has a really Grape Ape type structure but not worth dealing with PM. I would definetly try to run a Grape Ape again and try the pruning technique. I envision a great harvest off of that. Good luck can't wait to start seeing some pics.

H

humboldtlocal

Deep Purple..From what I gather from a little Google searching I'd stay far away from Urkle x Space Queen .. Space Queen is Romulan x C99..C99 is notorious for catching PM and just being a generally weak all around individual out door.

People on here seam to go bonkers over C99 strains but I ran a C99xHaze last year and was very unimpressed. It finished early with very small round buds. It grew tall, lanky thin leafed, very sativa but turned red hair very early and was a very poor yield. I am growing a cross I made in 2006 this year that is Purple Train Wreck cross Purple Urkle. I made the cross and never gave it a shot. I used to grow exclusively Urkle when it was the cats meow about four years ago. It molded like crazy, flowered early, and was an all around pain in the ass, but some of the most beautiful pounds and the best smoke ever. I was able to get some two pounders but never much more. I am sure done right with out the early flowering she could get in the 4+ range. Maybe. Hoping the PTW adds a lot of the big growth and yield while keeping some color and some urkel smell.

H

humboldtlocal

I have a good friend who pulled down 7.5 from his (same cut) and shared his pruning technique with me... According to his method, as soon as the plant starts throwing out the long stemmed droopy "cousin It" leaves, you have to start to aggressively prune for light penetration. Done right, you wind up with a true monster.

The only times I have seen any one get even close to two pounds a light with Urkle indoors was doing a heavy deleaf at around three weeks into bud. And I mean heavy. When I saw what he did I told him that he had completely fucked up his run. There was so little leaf left. But all of the buds on the bottom of the plants got just as big as the tops. I think he got close to 1.8 and he had at least twenty lights. Sounds like your buddy might be onto something.

nomaad

Veteran
Don't sleep on OG Kush. I got a 4 pounder from a very small clone that went in on May 15th. No aggressive pre-season veg like you are throwing down. Well... 3.5 plus a half gallon mason jar of headstash, plus it got severe alkaline burn from pottassium bicarbonate. Would have given me 4 for sure in perfect health.

now... here is the issue. I have one OG that is for sure the Tahoe cut. I ran another that came from a different source and could not have its origina confirmed. However, it yielded similarly to the Sour D, I ran and in my homegirls blackbox, which was entirely that Sd vs the Tahoe OG, the OG outperformed the SD by 60%. SO... if you follow my convoluted logic here, I'm a fan of the OG done OD.

They came down a little late for my taste, but you can't have it all. I will be running a couple in the black box and maybe some in the GH.

I had 3 OG cuts I was going to run against each other, but there was a snafu and the mite issues and I stupidly lost two of them. Completely retarded move. I can get em both back and when people start returning from their winter sojourns in warmer places, I will round the other two up again and run em sidexsidexside in the GH as originally intended.

So the Deep Purple I am currently smoking is a green pheno***. I've done a bit of digging on Subcool strains as well and will continue to dig when I have more time. What i have gleaned leads me to think that this pheno was chosen for characteristics other than color (nice, but pointless when compared to the other attributes of a nug- a nug is a nug? i respectfully disagree)... perhaps this is a good sign and it was also selected for not herming...

Subcool himself does not consider the strain a big yielder... but since its not bred to stability of any kind, a given pheno could potentially break that assumption. He also compares it to Grape Ape at some point... and we're seeing that yield assumptions about Grape Ape are upended by a totally counter-intuitive pruning technique. Anyhow... I am not giving up on Deep Purple. I would have no interest in the seed, but I think I am going to run this pheno that is available.

Back to work.

***this is untrue. i have now heard that the pheno gets purple.

Latest posts

Latest posts