What's new

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

P

planty

BTW - That J1 was distributed by this guy who called himself "mountain" on the canna cabana ...He's had a few handles on this site too..The J1 is Jack Herer x Skunk#1..you can take that to the bank.

Good luck.

nomaad

Veteran
awesome. i knew it was a jack x. was trying to find out the x. thanks for the info. all I know is that the smoke is awesome. the stem-rub aroma is amazing. can't wait to grow her out. The plants that came to me we substantial enough to cut 12 clones right off the bat. I am thinking that she is going to be a major part of my black box. finishing time, anyone?

i tried the cabana last season... wasn't much going on over there.

P

planty

The guy who spread her around was saying 10 weeks. Jack x Skunk1 for sure...

theJointedone and the cat who spread the J1 around have a mutual friend I believe..

ronbo51

Veteran
Hey,
Grainger is a great source for all things mechanical. Electric motors (made in the USA), never, ever buy a Chinese electric motor. Fans of all types and sizes. I even made my hepa work hood out of grainger parts. The beauty of heating with gas in a greenhouse is wonderfully symbiotic. All that CO2. Watch out if you are using LP gas. I don't know if natural gas is the same, but LP when burned throws off a substantial amount of water which will effect RH. Adequate air movement should take care but be on your toes. I made my own Modine by soldering loops of copper basebord( you know, with the little aluminum flanges on it) and running a fan behind it. Simple, huh?? Cost a few bucks and worked just the same.

P

planty

I think TJO was just kidding.

I think so as well but realistically that cat Mountain always talked about some 20 pound Nl5 haze in a green house off the F****** River here in north east cali and I've read TJO write that the person who grew that plant was his mentor...

I'm not saying their mutual friend is the one that gave Mountain the J1...I believe he picked that up from a bay area club or some thing...But just that this is a very small community!

Ronbo - That's very handy of you bro...It took me all of 5 minutes to order my modine and I was off doing other things. I wish I had time to be so crafty! The most ingenuity i'm laying down lately is counting paper off...

nomaad

Veteran
THanks for the info, ronbo... You really SHOULD grow if it becomes feasible in your state. You obviously have the DIY chops to pull it off. I am thinking I'll save myself almost $1000 and run that unvented propane heater for 4 hours each night. I am going to take 3x20 pound propane tanks and have them filled only enough to last the 4 (temps drop below 50 at 12:30 and begions to rise again at about 6:30 am.) Yeah, I'll be going to fill tanks a lot but there is a place next to my kids' school that I can send my wife to... I'll save a grip on propane and not have to go out there at 5 am to shut the thing off.

planty: buy a bill counter. that shit is tedious. I keep one in "my" storage unit. I wonder if that 20 pounder that the legend you bring up tells about was from the Collins Cough. She is supposed to be the sickest yielder of all times if u let her go the full 13 in a greenie and is a NLxHaze... hmmmm.

T

theJointedOne

yup thats me and thats my mentor and best friend for life!....still cant seem to get him back on the boards though...

P

planty

I don't know to be honest with you. No one around my neighborhood really cares about late finishers or haze crosses. We like to be done by Oct 14..Most of us have tropical Christmas plans and would rather do more 5-7 pounders than less 10+ pounders..

T

theJointedOne

yes i prefer to go with more medium/ large sized plants than monsters. easier to maintain imo

but butte's pictures show how that grower put his brain and his heart and into it and it looks so easy haha

P

planty

A 18' tall blue dream thats 12' wide only yielding 6.5 pounds is a failure in my eyes. I'd rather have a 8' tall 10' wide West Coast DOG plant thats bringing in the same yield. Good luck to all this season

nomaad

Veteran
As Long as I can take off January and Feb next year, I am good.

I like to grow fine marijuana. You're right, some genetics take longer and affect how long my season is, but that is the price of growing fine cannabis that's a bit outside of the norm.

As this business morphs into something other than what it is now (I envision something akin to the wine biz) I hope that Chateau Nomaad will be sought out for its rare strains grown to perfection... and if 13 week esoteric hazes are what it takes to stay competitive, I am down for the extra work. Not to say that I won't also be growing earlier finishers for the mass market.

In my last life, I built custom bamboo homes of timber bamboo. No two structures were the same... in fact, no two pices of bamboo are the same... Each element of each construction had to be thought thru in a way that takes more time, more skill and more imagination. I could have made 3x the $$$ building a/c'ed concrete condominiums at the beach. Every job would have taken less time and attention and could have been handled by nameless, faceless construction workers. Instead, I painstakingly trained only the best, most open hearted and creative, responsible and trustworthy crafstmen (which any expat with time in el honduragua will tell you is a pretty difficult undertaking...)... and the homes we built are among the coolest structures built out of timber bamboo on the planet...

I am hoping for more of the same in this incarnation as a ganja farmer... and probably the next, whatever that winds up to be.

Next year, I am going to be as focused on my off-time as I am on the growing season. I am going to do 3 weeks at my place in the tropics, working on my house and planting new bamboo groves to balance the family carbon footprint, eating mangoes and hanging with my family. I'll also do three weeks straight of living/snowboarding in Tahoe with the rest of the family coming up for long weekends every week... and, hopefully, a two week stint somewhere in the asshole of the earth doing volunteer work. If there is still a need next year in Haiti (which I am sure there will be) I'll be teaming up with some other growers to finance and build some living domes there. I figure that in a week, we can put up 6-12 16" dome homes for under $50K.

That all fits in nice and tight with a 10 month growing season. I get too much time on my hands, I start going crazy. Almost happened this winter. This year, all the angles are getting figured out with a little bit of foresight... for the most part. The Greenhouse is a new frontier, but, other than that, I'm just a few weeks away from being one year from moving back to the United States... the first cycle is complete and the whole family is having a blast.

anyhow... smoked a big fatty of my 09Bubba while writing that... blah blah blah. Gonna go play legos with my kids.

nomaad

Veteran
a 12x18 BD will yield a LOT more than 6.5 pounds. Double that. Seen it on a whole garden... not a single fluke plant. not butte's either.

P

planty

Cool. Good luck with what ever strains ya'll decide to put out. You wont find the Blue Dreams and NL5 Hazes in my neighborhood though...at least if the person tending is looking to be successful. Got to be done by Oct 20 the latest...Going till mid November to ripen the Blue Dream just won't happen in this part of the Triangle...We'll have Snow on em!

nomaad

Veteran
MY BD came donw on Oct 24th. But the Clueberry, which is a BD variant came down 10 days earlier. Yielded about 10% less, but was also rootbound as fuck before transplant into the big pot... Blue dream was the picture of health from cutting till harvest. I'll have them both in the greenhouse for comparison. Also tastier.

Believe me... I am not trying to push Blue Dream on anyone. There is too much of it on the market already... But, when its grown right, its amazing. A lot of growers from these threads will be running it this year. We should have a "Commercial Cup" that pits our Blue Dream against one another. See whose growing techniques bring out the best in her. That would be a laugh.

try comb

MY BD came donw on Oct 24th. But the Clueberry, which is a BD variant came down 10 days earlier. Yielded about 10% less, but was also rootbound as fuck before transplant into the big pot... Blue dream was the picture of health from cutting till harvest. I'll have them both in the greenhouse for comparison. Also tastier.

Believe me... I am not trying to push Blue Dream on anyone. There is too much of it on the market already... But, when its grown right, its amazing. A lot of growers from these threads will be running it this year. We should have a "Commercial Cup" that pits our Blue Dream against one another. See whose growing techniques bring out the best in her. That would be a laugh.

that would be fun. ive smoked a few awesome samples of blue dream and ALOT of not so awesome.

P

planty

Blue Dream was rode hard and put away wet before she could even make a good name for herself.. I'll come to the Blue Dream cup with some Bubba Kush LOL

nomaad

Veteran
I'd grow Blue Dream for headsmoke if it had absolutely no market value. But well done Blue dream (OD) sells for the same and as easy as well-grown Bubba, OG, nor anything else I grew. In fact, part of the market wants nothing else besides Blue dream and Clueberry. Not to mention its 80% of my clone orders. Wouldn't consider it "put away" in any condition, wet or otherwise. The market speaks for itself and its still happy to ride that lady hard.

TryComb! good to see you, bro. Nothing but good things this year...