What's new

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

nomaad

Veteran
OK... dome frame is done! Big thanks to my buddy that came over to help. He really made the difference. I have pinched nerves in both my shoulders making working with my arms over my head an excruciating experience... but homeboy came thru and finished the last 3 (most difficult) struts himself... FTW.

Cover arrives today, FEDEX freight just called to confirm. Today I will remove the struts where the doors will be installed and put in the arch and the support frame for the pre-hung door...

P

planty

Congrats bro our frame is going up and will be covered by the end of next week. Picked up all my clones..Looks like every thing is falling in to place for every one

nomaad

Veteran
It will. Thanks for the donation. It will probably be stored for a while until we have a stockpile worthy of a big bubblemaking session. Its nice to be a part of the good karma, eh?

Total washout of a day... not going to get anything done on the greenie. Guess I'll stop by GKG and pick up my Deep Purple cuts.

nomaad

Veteran
indeed. thanks. not to mention that I am going to buy their entire stock of DP meds. my wife is coocoo for that shit.

T

theJointedOne

do you have any info on the deep purple as far growth and yeild? i got to try that outdoor and it was really nice and i saw it when it came in and the elbow looked really nice!

nomaad

Veteran
No info besides 8-9 weeks and it tastes and smells amazing. med value is high... good day time smoke. keeps me irie without burning me out over the course of the day. Supposed to be an OK yielder. I have two babies grabbing hold of 3.5" pots. They should be ready for transp[lant into #2's in about a week or 10 days. I'll keep reporting on vigor, etc.

Greenhouse is UP... all I have to do now is the final tie-downs along the bottom whuch will tighten down the skin... and set up the solar fan and rig up some kind of fresh air passive intake for the other round cutout. Also have to get a heater set up in there.

I have decided that since I am running a bit late already, I am going to veg for at least a week out there with some supplemental lighting. I would have had to pull tarp for a week or two anyway... The difference in yield will be serious.

Trying to decide on my soil mix. I don't have time to let it mellow out for 2-3 weeks as is called for with most no-feed-during-veg mixes... so I am probably going to use Black Gold with added perlite and... ???? I would like to amend with something that is going to be available immediately in the the soil to fuel the week or 10 days of veg they will be getting in the new pots. I am going to use 65 gallon smarties for this run... I think its overkill, but these strains are stretchers... Its going to be all my Moms, repotted in the smarties and then I'll repot a bunch of Blue Dream and Pineapple Cough that are in #2's into 10 or 20 gallon smarties.

Photos from inside the dome tomorrow.

nomaad

Veteran
Also... any idea how much supplemental lighting in there is Just enough? I was thinking of getting 4x 2 bulb shop lights and calling it a day. Will this do the trick? Also... I am planning on lengthening the day post-midnight... much less traffic in my neighborhood and that thing is going to be lit up like Epcot Center. Does anybody see a problem with this when I stop turning on the lights to induce flowering? If I start flowering in 10 days there will be 12.5 hours of sun. The way I see it, it shouldn't matter whether I add light at the beginning or end of the day...

Trying to decide on my soil mix. I don't have time to let it mellow out for 2-3 weeks as is called for with most no-feed-during-veg mixes... so I am probably going to use Black Gold with added perlite and... ???? I would like to amend with something that is going to be available immediately in the the soil to fuel the week or 10 days of veg they will be getting in the new pots.

I have had great experience with Kelp Meal 1-0-2. It's organic and soluble does a great job feeding the plants for first two weeks of veg. Here is the stuff I used Iam sure there is different brands out there. If you are looking for more N there is always feather meal which is immediately available.

Here is a link to each product.

Kelp Meal: http://www.horticulturesource.com/d...3885/?osCsid=1f83914102a52ce306893ce153bc2bb1

Feather Meal: http://www.horticulturesource.com/d...3884/?osCsid=1f83914102a52ce306893ce153bc2bb1

I use 1 Tbsp of Kelp Meal per G of Soil or for Feather Meal 1Tsp per G of Soil.

Beneficial Bacteria help out as well balancing the availability for the plant so maybe a EWC Tea, Compost Tea or Bio Innoculant would be good to start the process.

I can't wait to the GH in Action. Good luck with the transplant.

ElRubio

Veteran
tagged.
Than you nomaad, i loved your 09 thread and i dont want to miss the 2010 edition hehe

Best vibes and wishes with this project.:thank you:

nomaad

Veteran
I am looking for a serious HIGH N boost that will be readily available, not a redundanlt element of my soil mix/feed program.

El Rubio: Thanks for stopping by. It should be fun. If I seriously get my hustle on, I should have greenery in the greenie by tonight or tomorrow morning.

T

theJointedOne

i like EWC's personally. They are readily available and dont break down very fast. I usually run 10- 20% ewc's depending onsize of container/hole. The bigger the container the less % i use. dont ask me why, just makes sense to me lol

also maxi crop those girls everyday! thats a great source of a whole gammut of goodies. Also you shoud look at getting a big tea maker going, that would save you $ on nutes and get you the ten pounders you want!

nomaad

Veteran
TJO: this next run is going to pit homemade teas against store bought products to determine what my feed paradigm is going to be for the OD. I am going to be using my homegirl's EWC recipe as a base since I have seen her results. Formidable to say the least... I am going to add alfalfa for its triacontinol.

As for getting the greenhouse filled with plants by tonight, i think I am going to run one night of lighting tests and make sure I can maintain the temps in there... I am trying to keep it above 50. Outside temps will get into the low 30's over the next 15 days according to forecast... But its also supposed to be sunny, sunny, sunny. I am doing a happy dance.

Another pretty cool development is that there is a pregnancy in our family (not the nuclear, give thanks! we are complete) and the baby will come during harvest and then the new familia will spend their first months down in El Honduragua. I am going to grow one MONSTER plant that will be named "El Feto" (the fetus in spanish) in its honor.

anyhow... back to work. TJO: any luck in your search.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
MaaD
Howzit brother..?? CONGRATULATIONS on the new member... Many healthy blessings to you and family.. peace n puffs.. pics yet of the dome and any others hehehe.. peace n pufs..

sackO

my last indoor run i veged a bit weard, and thought i would make it through veg without anything besides worm team and what i added to the soil. a week before flowering i really started to notice a lack of N in my garden. do get me wrong, i hate fox farm, but i will not lie, their grow big fixed that problem within 36hours, and within 38 hours i was on vacation 1000miles away and knew i had done the job and didnt have to worry. maybe this would work for the first 10 days, as long as whatever you use for the flowering will not get fucked up by this. definatley works. i like to curve feed my plants, but im thinking as long as they are a foot tall and the soil drains, one tea spoon per gallon feeding every other watering, would work perfect for 2 weeks. im no expert though.

T

theJointedOne

"el feto"...classic...better get some sativa in that baby...the plant not the child!

man no luck so far online. I contacted tons of realty places but only no's so far. I have a connection in buttes area that is looking for some places for me, but so far ive spent 10 hours online today and havent found a place i think fits the bill. First time in my life i have the money but nothing to do with it....soon come i hope....keep your ears out for me!

nomaad

Veteran
MaaD
Howzit brother..?? CONGRATULATIONS on the new member... Many healthy blessings to you and family.. peace n puffs.. pics yet of the dome and any others hehehe.. peace n pufs..

sackO

Thanks. To be clear.. this baby is not in the nuclear family. I have my boy and my girl. Any other kids callin me daddy will be adopted. This baby on the way is in the extended family...

TJO: Almost everything I'm growing this year is sativa dom. I will find out the due date and pick a strain that will go the distance.

nomaad

Veteran
OK... dome is bsically done. Last night the temps inside the dome dropped to 36... I am thinking of just popping a couple of electric heaters inside on a timer that has them cranking from 1am-4am or something. I am thinking that will get me thru any subzero's that might come my way. The alternative is finding a propane heater with electronic ignition... I think I'd rather just save some money. I will probably rock out one more night with the heaters and see how it goes.

2010_0316-033.jpg

2010_0316-036.jpg

the garden needs some work. as soon as the GH is up, I'll start tuning up the black boxes and full season areas.