What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

nomaad

Veteran
Howdy Wizz! Where you been. How goes your penthouse garden? Very interested to see how those genetics deal with the fast changes in light way up there.

TG: The PNL5H was very cold-sensitive in early veg. I have worries about how it will handle the Autumn. Hoping that tree status adds better resistance to the cold nights.

T

Trinity Gold

Cold sensitive huh? Count me out!! That's too bad. I really like the structure on that one man...really nice looking lady. Maybe a GH only type lady...?

nomaad

Veteran
How cold do you get at night toward the end of October? She shocked out at about 34 degrees. We are looking at some mid 40's nights and mid 70's days forecasted for about 10 days from now. Those are like the typical late October temps here. I will update with how the PNL5H does if it drops down into the 40's. But I'm not really worried unless we're talking about 30's.

T

theJointedOne

youll be fine, if worst comes to worse you can always throw a GH over it later

T

Trinity Gold

Those temps are real similar to my fall temps. Maybe it'll work. Next year I'm going to have a hoop over each row of 10...So I'll have 10 degrees of frost protection....

I know next year I won't be doing as much 100% indica genetics in the yard. Maybe 24 UK Cheese 24 Golden Goat 6 Bomb Threat and 6 D.O.G

localhero

whats up Nomaad

i noticed you havent trimmed up inside or on the bottoms of your plants, do you not believe in that?

nomaad

Veteran
Yeah... just about to start. I am so far ahead of the game over here... I am trying to control the growth of my full season plants... I am afraid that they will hedge out... I don't mind if some energy goes to the production of stuff I am going to trim. Its one of the factors helping me keep growth in check.

The Blue Dream can also be harvested in rounds, the inner littles will fatten up nicely once the big buds are taken off. And the colors are beautiful on the later rounds as well as an improved taste and a more intense stone.

The PNL5H and the Bubba will get a more drastic prune to improve airflow and fungus prevention.

try comb

i was over at nomaads today admiring the garden.......after examining a few stalks i thought a ......."stalks elephant dick thick by julys last tick" .......... thread might be starting soon.

nomaad

Veteran
LOL. they are pretty fat. funny, cuz somebody just called one of last year's stalks "girthy" in a picture comment on one of LAST year's stalks. They are triple or quadruple the girth already.

On the not so happy side of things... One plant in my black box is not doing so well.

2010_0715-005.jpg

On the left you see a very sad Sour D. Not sure what to do as she is in the same bed as 5 other ladies doing just fine. about 5 days ago her bud production seemed to slow way down and then yesterday she started to droop. By this afternoon she was droopy as she is in the pic. I was hoping another round of MycoStop would show up today, but so far, nothing.

Any ideas?

nomaad

Veteran
Seems like one additional plant in a different bed of that Black Box, a Master Kush, is exhibiting what seem like the same symptoms, but at an earlier stage.

This is when I start getting pissed off about my first round of MycoStop being possibly bunk because of the shoddy mode of shipping. The North American distributor keeps it chilled in storage and during shipping. Its disconcerting not to be able to rule out that which they have already been treated for because the treatment might have been worthless. This is the second time I have had a bad experience with the same company. Same folks who took my money knowing that the product was two weeks away on backorder. I will do them the courtesy of not mentioning their name again... but BOO.

Anyhow... I am hoping that my chilled and insulated MycoStop Mix from MGS arrives tomorrow and is still cold.

T

Trinity Gold

Dude...PV does not get down properly on the MycoStop tip! Order from MGS ONLY if you're not buying it out of a fridge like you can at Water Planet in Arcata, CA on South G Street...Big Up water planet for having 25 gram packs in stock too!

try comb

holy shit that plant went from bad to worse QUICK....the one next to it looks like its starting to yellow too? wow, no ill plants in the other beds though huh?

nomaad

Veteran
Dude...PV does not get down properly on the MycoStop tip! Order from MGS ONLY if you're not buying it out of a fridge like you can at Water Planet in Arcata, CA on South G Street...Big Up water planet for having 25 gram packs in stock too!

that's 8 hours of driving. But is not out of the question if that's what is going to get it done. MGS should have shipped yesterday. I'll be on the phone to them first thing in the AM.

Trinity, does this look like a soil-borne pathogen to you?

nomaad

Veteran
holy shit that plant went from bad to worse QUICK....the one next to it looks like its starting to yellow too? wow, no ill plants in the other beds though huh?

maybe one other plant at the total opposite corner in the same hoop structure.

Latest posts

Latest posts