What's new

No, your loud motorbike engine isnt cool, its LAME

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i seem to always have a neighbor like this. When anyone in my house is sleeping or napping, BAM, the bike next door fires up. Sometimes, they don't drive it, just rev the piss out of it for a half hour. I understand they enjoy bikes, but it does get a little much sometimes.

No. You know that a 'moto rider' is happy when he is riding this -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6t7VbV8d3E
Period.

Too scary for me! Turbo, 20 yo bike, SNOW!

Fack!

For all you non-moto riders out there.

Take about 11 minutes to watch this the whole way through. It gives both front and rear camera perspective which is able to give you a taste of what being one with your moto can provide!

Save the shitty techno in the background, the engine being an organic, living part of the moto rider is evident in it's beautifully and graceful notes perfectly timed to the road conditions....

If you're worried about your hearing being affected, turn down your speakers! :tiphat:

Ghost Rider - Paris Cirlce - Tribute to the "Black Prince...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH1-tieh9rA

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Listen, there's a reason I wear ear plugs. Prolonged exposure to high DB levels WILL cause hearing damage, which cannot ever come back.... You're wrong about that... Sorry mang...
i care not what one does to ones own ears.
i thought we were discussing the ramifications to others.
distance and limited exposure are to be thought of in that context.

i seem to always have a neighbor like this. When anyone in my house is sleeping or napping, BAM, the bike next door fires up. Sometimes, they don't drive it, just rev the piss out of it for a half hour. I understand they enjoy bikes, but it does get a little much sometimes.

Totally agree. What bullshit. Even if working on a bike, adjusting carb settings or whatever, you're supposed to test ride after each change.... Anyhow, that would be annoying as shit, would tell him to knock it off?

Too scary for me! Turbo, 20 yo bike, SNOW!

Fack!

For all you non-moto riders out there.

Take about 11 minutes to watch this the whole way through. It gives both front and rear camera perspective which is able to give you a taste of what being one with your moto can provide!

Save the shitty techno in the background, the engine being an organic, living part of the moto rider is evident in it's beautifully and graceful notes perfectly timed to the road conditions....

If you're worried about your hearing being affected, turn down your speakers! :tiphat:

Ghost Rider - Paris Cirlce - Tribute to the "Black Prince...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH1-tieh9rA

Man. GR is so damn smooth, transitions, throttle control, braking, just freaking unreal... It's now a goal of mine, to ride the same circuit, same bike (gxsr1k), same spirited pace (to MY limits) before I die. Bucket list item # 19.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
sounds like a tree huggin prius driver started this thread. loud pipes save lives

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i saw a motorcycle get in a wreck with a prius. Prius driver died, motorcycle crushed it to death.......... hehehe

i saw a motorcycle get in a wreck with a prius. Prius driver died, motorcycle crushed it to death.......... hehehe

Prius' suck the environment scrotum.... Seriously, when they die, they cost more greenhouse gas than building them or destroying another car... It's a FARSE.

besides, I hear their acceleration just sucks the big one!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^seriously if you wanna go green ride a motorcycle. they get like 50 miles to the gallon and take up half the space and are fast as fuck.

Mt Toker

sounds like a tree huggin prius driver started this thread. loud pipes save lives

I didn't even think about this. Loud bikes don't bother me at all, I like engineering and some engineers like to boast. . . But the fact that MOST bike accidents are caused by idiots in cars definitely gives reasoning to REALLY LOUD bikes so that 16 year old blasting Mylee Cyrus in her car knows exactly where you are. . . Kinda like a bell on the cat.

^seriously if you wanna go green ride a motorcycle. they get like 50 miles to the gallon and take up half the space and are fast as fuck.

Not to mention they stop on a dime and handle like nothing else in the world!

Even a harley can out run most cars...

A proper sport bike can out run EVERY car....

That said, who enriched their lives with the video I posted last night?

Ghost Rider showcases true talent, plus an eye opening experience for the moto-zen doubting crowd here!

G

greenmatter

Prius' suck the environment scrotum.... Seriously, when they die, they cost more greenhouse gas than building them or destroying another car... It's a FARSE.

i have heard this over and over (usually on AM radio) but nobody have been able to give me any kind of source that makes me believe it. do you have one?

yes i know that the batteries are not simple to recycle, but the rest of the car is pretty much like any other car. i know folks get all twisted about the nickel smelting thing but those same people love stainless steel.

and no i do not drive a prius! just trying to figure out reality in the nation of spin

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Isn't Ghost Rider that asshole who rode to piss off cops and put everybody on the road's lives in danger for attention?

He's cool!

:yes:

I wasn't aware that vehicles were intended to outrun other vehicles.

I thought they were intended for purposeful transportation.

Then again I'm stuck with this girl mentality and my girl feelings.

If only I was evolved enough to be a male...

i have heard this over and over (usually on AM radio) but nobody have been able to give me any kind of source that makes me believe it.

You don't believe AM radio?

:jawdrop:

Isn't Ghost Rider that asshole who rode to piss off cops and put everybody on the road's lives in danger for attention?

He's cool!

Yeah, that's some solid logic, hippie.

Super Sport Race Replica motorcycles, which you refer so ignorantly as "crotch rockets" are not designed to be 'purposeful transportation.'

Furthermore, this argument says that race pedigree cars are also somehow amoral in your point of view too?

Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bugatti?

Should everyone drive a car made by enslaved citizens because it's good for humanity? One piston cars limited to 11hp FOR ALL!

Fuck me. You're more un-American every post man.

Try doing a little reading on the origins of race replica motorcycles, why they exist, how they came to be, improvements in technology over the years, now decades... Practical transportation? Wow. Ignorance really IS bliss!

Did you watch the video (doubtful), no police chasing in that one. If they were, they wouldn't have caught him. Re-read what I write, the attributes of said particular ride around Paris, then watch the video.

Did I promote, or even say I agree with some of his LEO related antics, however, FUCK THE POLICE. Why do you care if he fucks with cops?

Your argument of danger to others is an absolutely moot point, as the linked video shows, sir, GR is under incredible control of his machine, absolutely. His skill level is that of a master.

He's cool!

Just because you'll need the "dummies version of D.C's last post" to spell it out for you....

Motorcycles have a power to weight ration which affords very fast acceleration on some models.

Cars are heavier. They sometimes have LESS power than the more powerful motorcycles. Even high power, race bred vehicles are significantly disadvantaged by their power to weight ratios.

They, due to physics, cannot accelerate faster. Laws of nature, but those probably do not apply to his holiness, Mustard...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So the open road is a racetrack.

Why are there babies on it?

No human is in absolute control of a vehicle.

Master or not he wouldn't video himself being a total dick unless he wanted attention for such antics.

You've certainly given him that.

If a biker wants to ride like they are racing then perhaps a race track is the best place?

Acceleration is pertinent to this conversation how exactly?

I don't think that it's okay to fly by families at triple digits on a highway even if you paid for a Ferrari.

It's never acceptable to be wreckless with others' lives... especially when it's done for kicks.

How unAmerican do I sound now?

Do I sound like a little hippie girl?

Tell me all about it.

Then think about what I said.

G

GreenPlant

Vehicles Mould people into the same they are becoming more Individual tho or people are Implying more "sensible" thought
Glad that's cleared up
:D. :smoke:

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Motorcycles are great. Where I live they can drive in the carpool lanes, pay half to use the Ferries and can park just about anywhere. Problem is that it rains a lot here :(