What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No use for a name farms El Dorado 2016

HillMizer

To my knowledge no permits. The volume of soil I moved was the porting soil not native soil so I think no. I don't think so for the trees either.

I wasn't going to get them anyway. I'm already sneaking around the ordinances.

Shoot shovel and shut up.

HillMizer

I might have used a permit today. I knocked in a greenhouse pad with the backhoe and moved more logs.

My dirtbag rock climber friends rigged logs and leveled spots for the new 400 gallon holes.

HillMizer

picture.php

There's the big picture. I'm going to have one of the climbers set up a rope to take photos from the tall trees.

What's the opinion on double or triple planting?
I don't have as much sun as other folks, the least I ever had and there is no plant count.

I might end up with 3 phenos in a hole.

HillMizer

picture.php

Well temporary greenhouse needed a little watching during the big rain. Maybe some weep holes in the plastic would have helped prevent pooling.

Somehow no plants got crushed. There was a little spot in the middle with veggie flats. I just poked some holes to left it drain and finished my dinner. The hoop popped back up on it's own.

The big hoop is going up this week. These gals can use some more sun. I'll snap some photos of them when I get out of the hot tub.

HillMizer

Plant pics!

Plant pics!

picture.php

You can see the little greenhouse from the hot tub
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Got a little wrinkle leaf in the seed girls. I'm thinking it's from the cold. The Azure Haze seems to have taken it the worst. So far these Azure Haze appear to be a low quality seed with a poor germ rate and are a little picky. Not the fresh blue dream I was looking for. We'll see
picture.php

Sky Lotus raging in right behind the super critical.

HillMizer

Dep babies from the indoor space.

Dep babies from the indoor space.

Not the best stock starting out this year but we'll at least get enough to buy a loaf of bread.
picture.php
picture.php

I have a little interveinal chlorosis on the growth. Since I gave them a lot of Cal lately I'm thinking it's a zinc issue. Zinc is a mobile +2 charge right? I'll do a round of Biomin. Tell me what YOU see. Thanks!
picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image
Well temporary greenhouse needed a little watching during the big rain. Maybe some weep holes in the plastic would have helped prevent pooling.

Somehow no plants got crushed. There was a little spot in the middle with veggie flats. I just poked some holes to left it drain and finished my dinner. The hoop popped back up on it's own.

The big hoop is going up this week. These gals can use some more sun. I'll snap some photos of them when I get out of the hot tub.

I'll take LUCKY over good any day...glad you weren't hurt to bad and it looks like an easy repair....gotta love cheap ass tunnels/hoops, their SO easy to set up AND repair.....GOOD luck HIll!:tiphat:

HillMizer

Thanks Megayields. I've had some nice greenhouses before I'm enjoying the quick tunnels.

I have been using crab for a while Manivelle. This is first time with "crustacean". Such a good microbial food.

Manivelle

Veteran
i did'nt knew it is a feeder for microbial . do you know how it work ?

i don't know exactly the composition of crustacean but sureley contain calcium/magnesium that is the best to regulate soil ph in organic susbtract. as microbial activities increase the ph level during the season. and at the same time calcium and magnesium became easier to be absorb due to cations exchange.
i'm happy to see grower using it . here in france it's hard to make people to go organic.

Last edited:

sacramental

Nice way to start a day I would say! I'd go hot tub to a bathrobe straight down to the greenhouse every Mornin'. Back to the hot tub hah. Good stuff!

HillMizer

Usually bathrobe isn't needed. It's bit chilly in the morning now though.

I totally mixed up some micro and foliared in my white cotton bathrobe and got it all grubby.

jbarsk8

Usually bathrobe isn't needed. It's bit chilly in the morning now though.

I totally mixed up some micro and foliared in my white cotton bathrobe and got it all grubby.

Ya, on the ranch, my viewpoint is....if the neighbors happen to see me ass naked or close to it, that is their damn fault and either they are trespassing or damn near it

HillMizer

It's happening

It's happening

picture.php
picture.php

The first appearance of Skilletdawg in this thread!
I rented a minitrack bobcat to finish filling pots and trench for the water line. It's a walk behind model that works well in tight spaces.
The trencher works well as a tiller too, we loosened dirt for making level spots for the pots with it.
picture.php

Grade stakes hold the fabric in place while we fill them.
picture.php
picture.php

"The Little White Train" hauled bins of amendments into the garden. We used a little Echo mantis type tiller to mix the pots and my homeboy got it done just before a little rain came.

It's been chilly and I have been running heat in my little hoopy. Just a little heater screwed onto a propane tank. I miss my big thermostat controlled modine heater.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
subbed... great thread so far... on point and helpful... welcome to the outdoor commuinity at icmag, great peeps here :)

happy harvests brother, stay safe...