What's new

Sisu

Veteran
I've been having problems cloning lately and am now trying coco. I stuck a few a couple of days ago. No dome, had one wilt but rebound by morning. Just hope I can get them to root :tiphat:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey medman , what temp/rh are you rooting them
In?

hi barefoot

i preheat the cubes with a heat matt.

rh% is always 50-70%, heat matts dont have thermostats, and just run 24/7. air temp ranges from around 65-75

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been having problems cloning lately and am now trying coco. I stuck a few a couple of days ago. No dome, had one wilt but rebound by morning. Just hope I can get them to root :tiphat:

hi sisu

you using rockwool before coco?

i like coco but dries real fast. most crucial thing is balance with fresh air, moist medium and heat matts/air temps

med-man

hi barefoot

i preheat the cubes with a heat matt.

rh% is always 50-70%, heat matts dont have thermostats, and just run 24/7. air temp ranges from around 65-75

med-man

Thanks for the info medman. Do you just root them domeless in your veg room or in a specific cloning area ? Just curious cause those temp and humidity swings are pretty drastic. I veg in a sealed room with ac temps ideally above 75 and rh at 70% but notice cuttings in Rockwool getting to humid in the domes and losing some to rot . Going to try your no dome technique and see if it helps

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi barefoot

it is in my veg, mama room. 18/6. but 24 hrs on works great too

dont worry about the fulctuations if you have a dark cycle. as long as the prop flats are kept warm with matts.

i have an ec of 0.4-0.5

thats the balance barefoot. rw holds toms of moisture. i realized instead of squeezing them out of solution for domes, ditch the domes so in open air they can be as wet as you like

please let me know how it works for you

i notice this will not work with other mediums, rw has the magic here

med-man

out of curiosity i put a hygrometer in a domed tray of full of cuts in soaking wet rockwool and the humidity was only 4% higher than the room they were in. not really seeing the point of domed trays unless your rooting clones in a dry room. thanks for pointing this out medman

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi barefootseeds

thank you for sharing. domes just reek havoc, are a pain to babysit, and take up space and energy :)

med-man

chinakush

For all the new people starting out, U should really try this method first, it is extremely easy and takes a lot of variables out of the equation for successful cloning. The thread should b called cloning for dummies cause its really hard to mess up this way.

Latest posts

Latest posts