What's new

NL#5

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
never heard of the p91 nor another up in Canada called "Earl"....but its funny that both have come outa the woodwork in the last 2yrs?....and no docs what so ever...hmmmm...you make the call for your self on that fellaz cause the details are as seedy as the scene....
I gave this cut to folks on the west coast(Oregon)...

pics would help..heres what I keep handy for NL with both shown in the Older ver of NL#5 that I keep found in a pk of BCSC NL#5 Reefermans (pure) circa 96/97/98?....other is also BCSC post 2001...quite the diff...
Ive doc'd this for over 10 yrs...publicly for 4yrs...got pics for days....
if ya got a NL...show it....
FOE20

Attachments

• NL5theABNcutFull_04-15-09.jpg
    NL5theABNcutFull_04-15-09.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 17
  • NL5dwcFullTKO_03-03-08.jpg
    NL5dwcFullTKO_03-03-08.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 18
  • NL5headpic5wk_02-24-08.jpg
    NL5headpic5wk_02-24-08.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 15
  • NL5headtipTKO_03-03-08.jpg
    NL5headtipTKO_03-03-08.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 9
M

Mountain

never heard of the p91 nor another up in Canada called "Earl"....but its funny that both have come outa the woodwork in the last 2yrs?....and no docs what so ever...hmmmm...you make the call for your self on that fellaz cause the details are as seedy as the scene....
I know the boys in Dago are very familiar with P91 and has been around for many years. I've watched the forum chatter about P91 and see lots of people stopping by basically saying they remember it from many years back and virtually all rave about it. I see a pretty solid history in that regard.

My buddy with the NL's I mentioned hangs on a different forum so no pics here. They should be going into flower within a few weeks so soon will see what they are really all about.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, p didnt come outta the woodwork in the last 2 years, it actually pretty much disapeared for the last 3 or 4 years after the big string of busts in the MM area. people didnt have to doc thier strains till the last couple years in order for them to be believed. i aint sellin shit, so if its, what was the word, seedy(nice pun by the way foe), so be it. lotsa folks are enjoying her here in dago.

D

Dalaihempy

I thort nl5 was only in the hands of nevile and the mr nice camp how did tuck and reeferman get hold of it.

I rember a vertion of nl a guy got from the dam from nevile days that was grown out doors up in the snowys so it had a short flowering time yet grew more like a sat than an affy it had lite green flowers with a silver look from the resin and was very strong smoke infact i didnt like it as it put you on your ass for hours to much stone to it.

I know what nl is but what i dont understand is why do the facts always get lost down the years.

Was it not neville that sold NL and then others used his seeds that he sold to the public to then also select from and then also sell it.

whodair

Veteran
FOE20

FOE20

yes u are right. sensi NL does feature thai genetics. i bought a pack and recd sams thai sk freebies. there was a nl pheno from sensi that looked just like the thai, just a little stockier. so much for pure indica...

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive got the convo between Shanti(Nevil) and myself about Reeferman and the NL stock he holds...would you like to see it?...
Shanti sold or gave stock to Reeferman...what Reef or how Reef worked to stabilize what is his own...
Shanti says what MNS keeps is over 20yrs old and Solid Indica...no Thai at all...
I'll dig it up for you cats...and if you thnk I made this up...ask Shanti...hehe...hes a great cat..
FOE20

heh...easier than I thought....this was in 2004/05?....Im not going to show all the responses but heres the final word on Nevil/Reeferman...
Reeferman bought a bunch of old seed lines from us(Nevil ) some years back, I was in Swiss at the time then he came out with loads of things. So you must understand that the expression and phenotypes are related to his selection work.
The origins of the NL we have been using to breed with are Afghan, worked on in American in the 80s and Holland...one of the plants that has lead to a multitude of hybrids. There is no Thai in our version it is pretty much a 100% indica plant finishes 45-55 days and is exceptionally resinous. I am and will be getting round to working it into alot more work in the future but for the time being we are pretty busy just keeping up with things,...hope that helps all the best Sb

All the Best,
Shantibaba

D

Dalaihempy

Ive got the convo between Shanti(Nevil) and myself about Reeferman and the NL stock he holds...would you like to see it?...
Shanti sold or gave stock to Reeferman...what Reef or how Reef worked to stabilize what is his own...
Shanti says what MNS keeps is over 20yrs old and Solid Indica...no Thai at all...
I'll dig it up for you cats...and if you thnk I made this up...ask Shanti...hehe...hes a great cat..
FOE20

heh...easier than I thought....this was in 2004/05?....Im not going to show all the responses but heres the final word on Nevil/Reeferman...

hi FOE20 i infact spoke to shanti about nl to face to face and i also rember shanti posting about seeds reef got fact is no one has or got p stock from nevile or shanti.

D

Dalaihempy

Heres just on quote from shanti about seeds reef got and it was not from neville as i sed or any perent line.

Hi All

well read most of the thread and got to mention a few things that bother me.

First Neville offered the G13 originally and it was never copied ...only a decade later when Soma and Reeferman bought some old hybrid seeds from Nevil through third parties did it appear again in other companies. The original G13 mother died and only seed existed from the early 90s onwards. No one including Arjan ever had access to Nevil and my library of mothers and fathers...

A few old pics of nl5

Attachments

• NL5.jpg
    NL5.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1987NL5.jpg
    1987NL5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Dalaihempy....yup Ive got that old cat pic...dont it lok like a heavy Leaf2calyx ratio to?...quite Kush in that photo..wish I could speak with these cats in person...tjhat would help sometimes as I like to read ppl in person to...But the response I got from him was only on NL lines...nothing else..but we've done other work with MNS genes with g13/WW and some Afghan x ? he was giving as testers not to long ago....but I know Nevil didnt rel the Parent stock...Im guessing it was as said..some mixed shit...heh...but that doesn't mean he didnt show off his Stock bro...ya know what I mean....old heads like to brag and show what their packin.....

but lets take the Breeders out of the picture for a sec....
How was NL made?....why was it made?....what is the oldest ver most like in pheno type expression?....even in almost every seed catalog it was listed as a fast commercial yielding Indica....which it really is...Its not super bad ass and IMO compares to BigBud but not as Spicy at all...
All I know is out of all the genetics those guys used there are some insanely strong ladies and Ive tasted a few but not for a loong time..and Im lookin thru things still trying to get near the power they held....
So all I kinow is NL...where we got what I hold...what Ive grown from other breeders...what Ive smoked from within the states, over seas n etc..
The main make up of almost Any NL called lines seems to always be a Afghan or Kush type hybrid form...The Thai is odd to me so I never got that view...

oh and yup..Reeferman bought but didn;t do the work....thats what I was tryin to say without saying it...but I think this was prior to Reefs and Somas rel of PetHStash or NYCD and a few others....and it says "by third parties" being Reef used stock others had from Nevils original lines....

Remember the story about the NL seeds?....the original 11 or 13-14 seeds that were from a Hybrid that became the NL lines...but wasn't the story that someone got these from Nevil?....not that Nevil grew and selected and I thought this is wher Tuck was involved also....thats the part thats blurry in the back story...cause later I think Tuck was on the run from US gov?....yup this is OpGreenMerch and he went north..(Reef was already there or might of been in Swiss at this time also..when Shanti was)..and the Gov tried to bring him(Tuck) back bla bla..poor guy...

were also talkin close to the point when it all was made and how back in the pre-sacred? seeds or Seed Bank days...but if you take the whole "by who" out of it...its not that unclear whats what far as variety and forms are concerned..cause they still hold their original if they are...
G13 tho...Im not goin down that road...heheh...its as cloudy if not worse than the Northern tale bro.....
I'll say real/true G13 dont taste like Lemons...:abduct:
FOE20

been searching through this thread and pretty much every nl thread i have seen and i never hear about kc brains nl, from what ive read im thinking its obviously some1s knock off but is it 1 of the original nls or a cross of 2 of them, or what. all i can really find info about is nl #1,2 5 etc., well what would kc brains nl be?

N

North

During the 1990s I was growing the Seed Banks NL#5xSkunk outdoors but I fooled around and lost this stock during a break I took 97-98.I have never been able to find anything nearly as vigorous as that strain.It would produce descent bud with 4-5 hrs. of sunlight, avg. 70% female and would really grow about anywhere.It was truly low maintainance weed.This year I am hoping that KC 33 will perform as well because I have given up finding that perfect outdoor NL or NL hybrid.The seed banks NL#5xskunk was very early also (Sept. 10).Silverback suggested East Island Seeds NLxBrendas skunk or peak seeds NL#5.Does any body out there have a strain of NL or NL hybrid that is similar to what I had?I believe that it is dead.Sensi Seeds Shiva Skunk is the obvious choice but it is not the same.Here in appalachia it takes a good sturdy stock to survive the mountains and early enuff to beat the choppers.All input is appreciated.....:moon:

Dude thats MY story also..more or less.
I ran NL x EP. twas fantastic for my purposes. I've been searching out those to strains for a year now.. I'm not happy with what I'm finding.

HOWEVER, I see BCSC is selling that very cross, called "Fast Freddy".

tell you what, I'm ON THAT soon as I can. if its anything like my old strain, its what your after.

i got some other genes to run this summer, including the East Island you mentioned, but next year...it'll be freddy land unless I get some gems this summer.

H

h^2 O

this is one thing that SUCKS about Seedbay and the boutique - NO bcsb. I've always wanted their NL#5 - the pictures of the seedlings always look like cabbage.

K

kopite

Sensi's ver seems like it has the Thai in it...
Joeys is a mixed ver but has the A/K dom...
DrAtomics has slight Thai traits to but massive form like the AK.

Atomics was made with sensi stock, FOE have you tried thai lights ?

been searching through this thread and pretty much every nl thread i have seen and i never hear about kc brains nl, from what ive read im thinking its obviously some1s knock off but is it 1 of the original nls or a cross of 2 of them, or what. all i can really find info about is nl #1,2 5 etc., well what would kc brains nl be?
Benji posted this thread and said KC Brains NL Special came from a haze female.I believe that,I have some going now.

H

Hazeseeker

i love that pic ^,
i wonder if Sensi still have this cutting alive and kicking in their library?, i wasn't happy at all with the pheno's i last found in their NL#5xHaze on the last run, 1 plant in particular was nothing like NL#5xHaze, if it was someone else who grew it and showed me the plant i never would of guessed it was NL#5xHaze, had this weird fruit aroma, no depth or character to the smell at all,
the other pheno smelled like leather, musky slight berry (when growing i thought yep this is the 1) but again it was poor, looked dynamite but taste + high were nothing special, the 3rd pheno had that common Lime aroma (wasn't the candy sweet lime pine pheno tho), grew like a wild thai, expected it to taste like pine (i dunno but i've found in this line the majority of the time if you detect lime that also gonna = pine), but the pine wasn't there, just watered down lime,
it got me thinking maybe they have lost the old NL5 cutting (or possible the Haze parent), when i ran the line in '07 it was a different kettle of fish tho - superior plants found, so maybe i was just unlucky with the last pheno's i found?

peace