What's new

NiteTiger Returns

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
i tell my patients all the time, that their hospital stay is just a hick-up in their life travel, and that things do get better with time.

glad to see you back though.

bleezie

wb nitetiger,

i just want to say that you should try your best to stay off the percoset as much as you can, as i hear by many that it can be harder to quit than herion. :shrugs: just try to endure this pain now so you don't have to go through the pain of quitting the opiates later too. wishing you the best.

LilMan72003

Though I was just a sad lurker when you were making posts, I always enjoyed the words you had to say.

Congrats on taking control, and it sounds like you've got a wonderful wife.
Good luck on your journey, and I'll be seein' ya around :rasta:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's one hell of an experience NiteTiger, no bs I'd be lost without my mrs.

"The road to success is filled with women pushing their husbands along."

I wish you good health.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
To all wishing their prayers and support, thank you so much. I'd forgotten how fantastic the people are here, just incredible. Thank you so much!

whodi said:
So what caused the ceiling to collapse exactly? Dunno much about radiant ceilnigs or whatever.

What were you doing exactly at the time it collapsed? Was it the entire ceilnig in the house or just a certain area? Did anything catch on fire?

At least you're still alive and have something to live for. Enjoy it while you can and make the best out of all the fortunate things you do have. Sounds like you have a family who cares about you... stay strong for them and stay focused.

The ceiling collapsed, best I can determine, because the foundation that I'd repeatedly told her about was in such terrible shape. If you check my Tiger's Den 4 buildout thread, you'll see me complaining about how bad it was.

The entire ceiling in the room I was in is what collapsed, there was only a 4 inch strip along the walls. I was just sitting on the bed smoking (cigs), browsing the net, having just logged off work. Fortunately, there was no fire.

Deft said:
Holy hell man, sue the landlord and your employer.

Landlord yes, employer no. I'm thrilled at how my work worked with me after the accident, keeping me on 3 months after FML expired. The pain clinic is who I blame.

tngreen

Veteran
damn dude! you've been through some shit!! sorry to hear about all the problems but very glad you found your way back to what you truly love, growing. definitely stay off the opiates as much as possible, i just had a friend get hooked on those after a surgery and the withdrawal was the worst thing he has ever done. glad to have ya back here at IC, can't wait to see what you have in store for your next grow. let me know if i can help in any way! later!

Last edited:

billsus

You are in my thoughts man! I know you will get better quickly.

With a daughter, a caring wife, and an awesome supportive online community like this, I don't see how you couldn't get better soon.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
damn man. sorry to hear that. welcome back. if you need something pm me. id like to help.

Feel for ya bro. FWIW, I blew a disc in my neck just before my son was born (4 yrs ago). Was the worst experience of my life. Took over a year just to turn my head independent of the rest of my body, and I still have occasional pain in my left arm and neck. The pain and numbness you describe sounds very similar to what I felt, but mine was mainly in my left arm and neck. Went through physical therapy and the whole nine-yards, but what worked best was a cheap traction devise that hangs over a door. It takes the strain off your neck/spine and gives the nerves/disc a break from being compressed. It'll ruin your door, but the pain relief, though temporary, is almost immediate. I still use it occasionally.

It will get better with time.

Best,

DM

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Good to see ya back NT> C'mon tough guy. What doesnt kill us will always make us stronger. Man, those percs can have a depressing effect in general. I had to deal with that after surgery. They cloud your perception and numb you to not only pain, but other feelings as well. It's hard to describe, but I am sure you know what I mean. Better days are ahead. That garden will refresh you and bring you joy.

Good luck!

E

eidanyosoy

Glad for your return let me know if I can be of any help, til you get everything back popping again. Take care Nite.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
welcome back NT

it really sounds like you need to talk to an attorney that specializes in employment law. You may have goofed up yourself, but a good attorney may be able to help.

did you have your grow at the spot when the ceiling fell in?

good luck brother

peace
jip

NiteTiger

Veteran
johnipedestran said:
welcome back NT

it really sounds like you need to talk to an attorney that specializes in employment law. You may have goofed up yourself, but a good attorney may be able to help.

did you have your grow at the spot when the ceiling fell in?

good luck brother

peace
jip

Nah, I've got a personal injury attorney for the accident itself. Got no reason for an employment lawyer, my work was fantastic in working with me through this. The loss of job is because the doctor didn't return the paperwork in over a month, even though it was plainly marked "Return within 7 days".

Also, I didn't do anything wrong, I was sitting there, working on my comp, and the ceiling collapsed.

And yeah, the grow was there. 6-7 plants in about the 7th week of flower. But I had my shit secured, and there was no problems, even when the adjuster came over, and examined the foundation not 4 feet from the grow. Thanks god for carbon!

NiteTiger

Veteran
Found an excellent med for me today, so I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I made a tincture, and took 2 tablespoons this morning at about 11am. Here it is 3:30, and wow, still going strong. Strength of an edible, speed of a joint. Awesome :joint:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
hello NiteTiger :) welcome back :) just found this thread...

wow a fucking roof fell on top of you... you have a great story right there... keep your head up because a roof probably can only fall on top of you once per life time :wink:

much health and light man, your new garden is indeed a must :)

Paz

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
iv fell off a roof or 2 NT, but not had 1 fall on me yet.

good to see a fellow pred fan in the house, go titans.....;)

NiteTiger

Veteran
Hell yeah Go Titans :D Code Blue Baby! :yes:

Yeah, it was a pretty freak thing, and I agree Paz, getting the garden up is priority number 1. Found out my first option for a garden isn't going to work, trying to put together an option 2 right now.

We'll get it though :joint:

GrassRoots

Welcome back nitetiger, keep your head up man, things will get better for you. Congratulations on the birth of the little one, how exciting!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Damn NT, sorry to hear about the shit that's happened to you but glad you are back. Stay positive and sue that landlord for every cent she is worth!!!