What's new

NiteTiger Returns

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
As some of you may have noticed, I've been out for a little bit. The reason are numerous and many, although the main contributor was an accident that happened on the first day of June. The ceiling in the house I was renting collapsed on top of me. Of course, it couldn't have been just your standard drywall, no, it was radiant heat ceiling, made of concrete reinforced with wires carrying the current. I didn't make it out in time.

This has caused some kind of nerve damage in my back, affected by the use of my arms. There is a constant burning, that flares badly when I use my arms. The fire spreads down my arms, and begins sending electric shocks like banging my elbows. This makes me stop, since I can no longer hold anything reliably. Not to mention it hurts to all hell :badday:

I managed to deal in the first days, enough to get the landlord on tape admitting she knew of the problem, and not only that, it had happened before! I was also with it enough to get a lawyer hired.

From then on, things went downhill.

My GP MRI'ed me, and couldn't find the problem. He referred me to a neurologist, who did an exam and reviewed the MRI. Couldn't find the problem, so referred me out to the pain clinic. So now we've stopped looking for the cause and trying to fix it, to just trying to cover the symptoms.

About this time, my last harvest has run out, and I'm having to ration my oil.

Things went from bad to worse.

I was enduring monthly pain clinic visits for nerve blocks, a series of 8-12 injections to the spine area, positioned by a fluoroscope for mm accuracy. And to increase my Percoset dose. This spiraled for a couple of months, right after my new baby girl arrive. Mixed in with the joy was a deepening depression, brought ever lower by my inability to care for my infant daughter.

When I was fired from my job because the pain clinic doctor failed to return the required paperwork, I hit bottom.

Fortunately, my wife doesn't tolerate that kind of shit. :spank: She took me aside, and said the hopelessness had to stop. No matter what. She told me she couldn't take it, watching me change. I was always the optimistic one, the one who could see the light in the darkest of moments. She couldn't bear to see the hope in me fade. That this was not the person she knew. I was a completely different person.

She was right. I didn't like to admit it, but she was right. I was the one who always preferred natural remedies to treat my ills. Colloidal silver, echinacea, C and slippery elm battled back colds and flus, not Nyquil. And tomorrow could be another 'best day of my life'.

It's time for me to come back to me, and tracing back, I can see things going bad as I stopped taking my natural supplement, and the source of tranquility, awe, and yes, pride that was my garden was gone.

It's time to change that.

I'm down to smoking mids, although the only thing marking the line is the lack of seed. But it's better than the percoset I've left behind for over a week now. For the flares, I'm combining advil and tylenol, which is supposed to have a similar pain relieving profile as morphine. I'm still battling the main cause, but I'm trying everything.

But you guys know, I seem to always start from this situation, and seems to drive me to good results :joint:

The garden will be going in soon.

I'm back

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best wishes in turning the corner. You know you've got a good support group here @ ICMag. Use this thread as a blog whenever your down, air it out. This alone, can help. You may never be your old self, but that's life, life is change.
Just holding and gazing at your baby daughter should be doing a world of good.
Again, be well!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I got nothing constructive or helpful. All I got is best wishes for a full return to life as you want it. With a wife like yours hopefully you're on your way.

Peace and wellness
FB

S

Space Ghost

it's great to have you back! sorry bout your ailments and I hope you bleed your landlady for every last dime.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Welcome Back!
So very sorry to hear about the crap you've gone through. Congratulations on the birth of your baby & thank goodness you have a woman that will be strong when you need it! I hope your issues improve dramatically & quickly!

Peace

BubsNugs

Best of luck buddy sounds like youve had a hell of a ride so far, hope the damn doctors get things figured out for you soon. Sounds like youve got a good woman there get that garden growing and hopefully that will end with you have some awsome meds and perhaps you can look into makin some topical rubs that might help with the nerve pain?? maybe edibles will help?? Best of luck man I am in chronic pain situation myself and it does suck but keep yer spirits up and enjoy your family they sound great and take care of yerself :)

Peace

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Great to see you back,NT. Sorry to hear about the problems. I understand the frustration as my son is living with me and I am caring for him. He has ALS and there is nothing I can do for him.

If you need anything I am just a PM away.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Whats up NiteTiger? Sorry to hear about your troubles. Life seems to throw us all curve balls from time to time, I hope things get better for ya soon, Glad your back, I've set wondering a few times where ya dissapeared to!

If there's anything I can do, Feel free to pm me!!!! Until next time be safe and take care......

U

UBER21

positive vibes for ya man......hope u bounce back well......Happy Holidays

NOKUY

Veteran
welcome back bro....sorry to hear about all that crap

...things will get better :wave:

whodi

Veteran
So what caused the ceiling to collapse exactly? Dunno much about radiant ceilnigs or whatever.

What were you doing exactly at the time it collapsed? Was it the entire ceilnig in the house or just a certain area? Did anything catch on fire?

At least you're still alive and have something to live for. Enjoy it while you can and make the best out of all the fortunate things you do have. Sounds like you have a family who cares about you... stay strong for them and stay focused.

Last edited:

Budweiser13

Man I feel you I hit rock bottom hard in 2004. Jacked my life up and I am still trying to recover, things do get better though man the black cloud over your head will go away. Hope your family is well... :rasta:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Holy hell man, sue the landlord and your employer.

I hope your doctors figure out its something temporary/treatable.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Welcome back NiteTiger...Ive always kinda lurked, but after reading ur story, I had to say HIGH!!!That really sucks about ur pains and job and family issues bro, but like ur very supportive wife said, stay optimistic and positive and things will get better...if u wallow in the shit, you will stay there...you are stronger than that it seems and I look forward to ur future grows and friendship...Peace & love man....

- Z

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Nitetiger man, its great to have you back.

Your side by side 1k grows were always fun to watch.

I can't wait to see what ya start growing again.

Sorry to hear about all the negative things happening to ya. It sounds like you're taking charge of it all and doing what ya can to get back up. Keep it up man.

Try out hash oil with mids, you'll pull about .5-1g oil off each quarter of good mids (.75-1g I just found out with mids with green, covered in trichs, but still a little tiny bit of seeds and some stem).

That could help ya ease your pain easier, but you'll probably go through your stash faster that way, which might not be good if you're trying to save money.

Be well