What's new

Nirvana's Haze 1 and Papaya

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, people, the sweetest time (at least for the Papaya) is close :)

looks like you're gonna have a couple kilos there bud :tiphat:

what's your fall season like there? i used to live @ 44 deg. latitude in new england and growing anything that finished later than the 1st week of october was a gamble...

looks like it's working out for you though!!

cheers

Well, I don't think the yield will be anywhere close to 2 kilos because the Haze is so late with flowering. Anyways, it's a bit early to count the chicken, I don't do it before having everything drying in safe place :)

And yes, October is a gamble here too, though the really bad weather rarely comes before the middle of November. I hope the Haze with its fluffy buds will not have problems with the rains. So far so good, no rains in the 10-days forecast.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
They look great, man ! Papaya is pretty early and it yields good from what I've seen...
The Haze should be mold resistant so with a bit of luck you could let them until the end of october. Anyway. it should be good smoke even with most of the trichs clear...
Keep us updated and good luck with them !
Peace, HJ.

Crowmax

Veteran
awesome looking trees you got there :yes:
can't believe how much they grew since first page photos :D

yoss33

Veteran
Yeah, they grew big :) But these are 7-month-old plants after all, they could grow even bigger if they were in an open field and receive direct sunlight from sunrise till sunset. Also I'm a bit conservative when it comes to nutes and watering, so these plants could definitely be pushed even more.
I have a friend who is growing hydroponic and we were having a beer and a joint a few weeks ago when we got excited over what would happen if I dig a 100L container into the ground at the spot where the Haze is. And run a one-plant hydro setup outdoor. Now that would be a big plant :) Eh, dream on...

yoss33

Veteran
Weekly update.

Here's a view of one of the taller Haze branches:
picture.php

Some small side branches:

And a closeup of a top. Nice to see the crystals coming up so early.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Lots of caterpillars on the Papaya.
They are chewing on it like there's no tomorrow. I incidentally snapped the top 30 cm off the plant in the process of finding and removing caters, and so it is now drying, the rest of the plant continues to ripe.
I collected a few small dry pieces of buds that had their supporting stems being eaten through, sampled these and me and my friends are impressed. A very nice high and a very thick taste with drying under the sun and no curing. I guess I'm getting some sativa pheno of Papaya, because this plant is flowering slower than Full Moon last year and the high is very uplifting and euphoric. It feels very relaxing but in the same time is not heavy and tiring, has nice clarity and enough thoughts to make it interesting, great for talk and giggles. I hope the effect will not change much till I harvest the whole plant. It's still putting out some fresh pistils but the buds are densely packed.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Papaya was harvested yesterday :greenstars:
She hadn't ripen enough (what a slow indica!) but rains are coming and the buds are full of bruises from caterpillars. These wounds can easily catch mold, so I decided I'd rather have the early picked buds, they stopped fattening anyways and the high is so uplifting, I don't need it any stronger or heavier.
When I removed the trunk from the ground it turned out to be hollow and some white bugs (like termites) were living inside of it maybe sucking juices.

Looking at the hung branches, the yield doesn't seem impressive at all, I expected more from a 7-month-old indica plant at this particular spot.

yoss33

Veteran
Some photos taken right before harvest:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pistils turned to reddish, but in general flowers are still so fresh after 2 months of flowering. She could easily require another month or so to ripen.
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Me and a few friends smoked a big joint of microwaved "buds" and the effect was very promising for this early stage, it was very slow to peak but when it peaked it was strong (trippy) and euphoric, gave a perma-grin to everyone .

igrowone

Veteran
best hopes for the time you need to ripen that haze to the max
my no haze experience says maybe 4 more weeks for some extra fine?
great grow in any event

yoss33

Veteran
I doubt 4 weeks will be enough but I'll be more than happy if the weather allows harvesting in the middle of November, never had this luck here. But I also don't remember so dry September and October - we've had only one real rain for an hour and an occasional shower once every 10 days or so. The ground is very dry and they say this is bad for the wheat because it still hasn't germinated. No rains for at least a week in the forecasts.
Weekly photos:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I don't know why but some of the branches are greener and a little behind the others in flowering. Looks like every branch is going at its own pace.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SATIVA

SATIVA

Hi yoss33 very beautiful Haze plant, the Sativa girls are so sexy. All my Sativa grows just like that down here when I grow them in the ground. And it seems every branch does grow and mature at its own time. I had multiple harvests on this plant for weeks before finally giving her the chop. I think you’re going to be very happy with that plant.
Peace from Colombia

Last edited:

yoss33

Veteran
We had some stormy weather with strong winds a few days ago and these caused damage to the Haze. Sorry, no photos because I had my inspection after the sun had fallen, there will be photos this weekend.
The whole plant was so bent sideways that the tops of the big branches were like a meter from the ground. It formed an ark that I could walk under. A supporting string that should have stopped the plant from falling in this direction had been worn out, 2 branches were broken. But generally the plant did quite well, no fatal damage despite the serious bending of trunk and all branches. Great flexibility of the stems.

Smoking some now, I must say this is tasty weed, even the microwaved buds have good flavor that leaves a great aftertaste, I'm happy just thinking how it will taste when properly dried and cured. Classic woody sweet creamy with some sour and spices. The high of these immature buds is extremely clear with an energetic and euphoric rush, slow to take off but with an immediate zinggg effect on the senses. The effect is quite deep and profound, yet very clear, seems ceilingless, very very good.