What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana strains - your personal experiences?

relief

Norther lights x Haze cross: All germed and was some killer head and body smoke.

Aurora indica: 9/10 germed, some of the best indica I have ever grown.

I would recommend them to anybody who was interested in getting started.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good : Citral , Haze 19 x Skunk,

Average : Holland's Hope, Jock Horror, Skunk #1, Swazi, Top 44

Poor : Skunk Special

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
NRS Papaya

NRS Papaya

Wanted to chime in on a new strain, (for me anyway).

I purchased a 10 pack of Papaya from GN. This was 2 years ago. I broke the pack a couple days ago and had 100% germination.

Thanks!

I

icon

im a nirvana fan ive always had really good germ rates 8/10 or better but i just tried to sprout aurora indica this past week & got only 1/10 this has been the only time ive ever had bad luck with their seeds but this experience hasnt put me off bcuz overall ive had excellent germ rates & grows.

SvenB

Hindu Kush and Northern Lights Pure Indica

Hindu Kush and Northern Lights Pure Indica

Some Nirvana Hindu Kush and Northern Lights Pure Indica

NL

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kush

34809100_0557.JPG

34809100_0535.JPG

Ill get some harvested shots of the NL up when I have them.

Nut´s

I´ve grown some early misty outdoor. Grat huge plants. One of them had a purole pheno. I crossed this one with a ww polen i had, and got the biggest plants i´ve ever seen.

Mr Mojo Risin

heres my take on nirvana seeds nowadays (and many of my friends too)

indoor beans are OK. good germ ratios and strong plants but their outdoor beans are terrible now :( big plants but wont flower till its all too late.

not sure what they have done to make their 'early' strains start to flower a full month later than they did 5-10 years ago but they have. every year ive used the same strains from them and watched them get poorer and poorer and now ive had enopugh of wishful thinking that they might improve. (they went from a tenner a pack to 20 quid in the space of a year which was quite annoying too) ive still got 'early bud' out and its not even nearly ready! haha what a joke i wont be using them again ever.

the hollands hope would struggle to finish in spain now never mind holland! i got told by an (actually really nicely wrote and friendly) email from nirvana 'sorry, its because of climate change'. why doesnt other companies strains wait till winter to start flowering then??

maybe the equinox date has changed with this 'climate change' and only nirvana has noticed? hmm i suspect not. i only had good things to say about their beans but sadly now thats not the case.

i hope they manage to resolve their problem with the outdoor strains as i cant imagine anyone (unless they live near the equator) paying to have unripe buds months after their stated harvest time once they check out other seed companies and actually get the early strains they paid for.

good luck nirvana i think its time to have a look at the way you are selecting parents for your outdoor seed stock. (and yeah ive tried them all) quality not quantity is what us customers are looking for. do the nirvana outdoor seeds even get bred outdoors? the photoperiod has to be nearly 12hrs of darkeness now to make nirvana strains even begin to flower! not good for outdoor strains...

moan over, -mister mojo risin-

Smokey#1

Good : Citral , Haze 19 x Skunk,

Average : Holland's Hope, Jock Horror, Skunk #1, Swazi, Top 44

Poor : Skunk Special

How whas the Skunk#1 Doc? Whas it in any way like the real deal?

Nirvana is good for beginners but, i'd never buy a strain from them like Skunk#1, because i dont trust that it's the real deal. Nirvana seems to be pure knock offs, i'd like to know who does the actual breeding and how they select parrents. (If they even do)

2pac

well ive grown nirvana ak48...6 females out of 6 plants..fast flowerer...just a very nice overall strain..highly recommend..heres the kicker though..she STRETCHED big time..i flowered very short..just EXPLODED in growth...to some,including me,strecth is a very good thing..

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
All I have are Nirvana strains. The WW is awesome, the Papaya is looking good, but the Bubbalicious is at the other of the scale. Purchased 2 years ago and was the 1st strain I tried. 8 of 8 seeds failed to germinate. I planted the last 2 bubba seeds 2 days ago, and so far nothing. Just hoping for that one female. As an only child it would be crossed with ICE. Not sure I would pollinate using a Bubbalicious male unless I had a matching female. That's the goal.

tui

Liked the WW a lot, the jock horror was very frosty and my friends loved it but the stone isn't for me. The AK48 rang my bell smoking wise but was late and not vigourous outdoors, which is my usual style. I ordered more WW, AI, White Rhino and the indoor mix from Gypsy and has 0 germ on all, except the indoor mix which I haven't tried to grow. Overall I
'm a fan but have moved on for the present.

I grew out Hollands Hope, got three phenos. One finished before the end of September and was a beautiful plant. The high was somewhat disappointing on that one, but wasn't bad overall. The second pheno never did finish outside due to a hard freeze at the end of September that ended my year, however I had a couple cuts of it I ran indoors which turned out to be amazing! Great smell and flavor with a long lasting sativa high. The third pheno never flowered outdoors at all... It stayed about 2' tall till the last couple weeks of Sept, then shot up to 7' tall in a weeks time, yet never produced any flowers. I have a couple cuts of this one still going, but they are nowhere near as impressive as the last cuts were.

In all, it was a good run...

nzha

@ smokey

Have you actually GROWN OUT any of their strains?

In the past it was Mau , a former positronics employee who did the breeding .

Who does it now , i don't know.

Point is Nirvana has good (f2) genetics at very good prices.

Try em before you bash em

White Grape

I picked up their White Rhino and Blue Mystic over the summer.
I started 4 of each, all 4 Rhinos germed and I have 2 females.
3 of the 4 Mystics germed and I have 1 female.
I took cuttings of them all while in veg to sex them and am growing out the female cuts now.
At 4 weeks of 12/12 the 1 mystic is showing some real promise.
The 2 Rhinos are looking good also with one being taller then the other with long lower branches. The other Rhino is a tad shorter but looks like it may be the keeper. All are showing trich's with the Mystic being a little frostier.
Still to early for a final verdict, but so far so good.

Smokey#1

@ smokey

Have you actually GROWN OUT any of their strains?

In the past it was Mau , a former positronics employee who did the breeding .

Who does it now , i don't know.

Point is Nirvana has good (f2) genetics at very good prices.

Try em before you bash em

Yes, i have grown nirvana strains. And i aint bashing, i just said what ur saying, nirvana sells F2's.