What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana strains - your personal experiences?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
If you've never grown a Nirvana strain before then please don't contribute personal opinions to this thread, thanks! (there's no need to turn this into another "Nirvana are just F2 knockoffs" or whatever thread) :)

OK my question to those who've grown one or more Nirvana strains - how did you find them?

Me so far ....

1 x Papaya: this was probably the suckiest plant I've ever grown except for Lowryder, but at least that was cute if nothing else! Papaya was very boring, very bland smoke, tastes nothing like papaya or mango or any other fruit, not very potent, not overly resinous, looks boring, and average yield. I can't see myself ever growing out the other 9 beans, but then I have only tried 1 plant/1 pheno so I can't fully comment on it. I'd be curious to hear other peoples results with Papaya.

1 x AK48: this was a pleasant surprise! Because of my previous Papaya experience I only vegged this one for 1-2 weeks because I just wanted to try it without wasting much time - my hopes weren't high. Anyway it flowered for quite a while, I didnt time it but it was at least 9 weeks, maybe 10, which is a lot longer than AK47 or AK48 are supposed to go for, but then this was a sativa pheno. The plant grew several long main stems (all natural - i didnt train or top or anything) so I ended up with half a dozen crown colas, each over a foot long. There were very few leaves yet lots of buds so this was one of those strains that is actually enjoyable to harvest/manicure! The buds are densely covered with trichomes and she packs quite a potent sativa high. The yield was excellent - over 5 ounces dry bud, keeping in mind that she vegged for less than 2 weeks from seed. I'll definately be growing out another AK48 in the future. (you can see the results in my photo gallery)

Last edited:
G

I'm growing out some White Widow I got from Nirvana. I killed 5 during germination (I suck w/ seeds) but out of the other 5 that made it I got 3 females.

They all smell EXTREMELY lemony, I'm anxious to give em a shot. They look like nice plants.

I was using BC nutes during veg but the plants didn't respond well to them... lots of deficiencies, etc. So I switched up and began using FloraNova nutes during flower and I gotta say this stuff makes it SO easy. The green is now lucious and there are no signs of any problems (at least as far as I can tell) Green thumb in a bottle.

Here's a pic two weeks into flower... hopefully she'll smoke well! This is my first grow.

Last edited:
G

i grew out hollands hope by nirvana outdoors. vegged inside for 2 weeks first then transplanted may 4th i believe. It had great mold resistance but had at least 2 or 3 weeks left on october 30th when it advertised a mid september finish. short sativa high, i think if i let it go longer the calyxes woulda filled out better and the trichs developed more. wouldln't grow it again unless i crossed it with a quick flowering indica

hey pheno menal... I have one swiss miss that started flowering at the begining of october it is very sativa dominant and also odor less. The buds are crystalling up nicely right now with about 20-25 budsites. The plant had a rough begining to it's life with heat stress from the florida sun. But, just like the site claims it is a hardy strain. It's been fairly easy to grow only thing is it doesn't like too much water. The only thing i have added to it is cow manure once every other week. I would recommend the strain to anyone looking for a plant that likes hot weather or can't check their plants very often. Ohhh ya... The stems are purpling up real nice, but no purple bud over here.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
No personal experience, but Creeptic grew some nice looking White Widows out. You can check out the harvest pics here.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Gypsy Nirvana said:
back in about the year 2000 Nirvana seeds did'nt have such a good name due to certain reasons.......what I did was give away a free pack of Nirvana seeds with every single order for over a year and now today we see Nirvana as being the top sellers over all other breeders.......

Pretty much sums it up. Unbeatable prices, high quality genetics from other breeders remastered with Skunk or F2:ed into quality Nirvana genetics. I've grown White Widow, White Rhino, Ice, B-52 and Blue Mystic. All decent, potent genetics (especially White Rhino) with good germ rates. If it's a price issue you can't go wrong.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
PhenoMenal said:
1 x AK48: I only vegged this one for 1-2 weeks because I just wanted to try it without wasting much time - The plant grew several long main stems The yield was excellent - over 5 ounces dry bud, keeping in mind that she vegged for less than 2 weeks from seed. I'll definately be growing out another AK48 in the future. (you can see the results in my photo gallery)

5 ounces out of a plant which vegged for 1-2 weeks?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAHh

G

I have grown Pure Power Plant and was impressed. Pretty easy to grow and yields surpassed my expectations. Nice, dense buds that smell floral and have a light fruity taste. The high was very sativa and made you want to go out and do things. The hash I made was the best Ive had also. Excellent product for the price.

Also grew out Ice and she looked and smelled great in flower. Had a real candyish smell once cured but the taste was sort of bland and so was the high. Definately not one of my favorite strains. I only had 1 pheno of her tho so there may still be a winner in the pack but I probably wont grow her anymore.

TacoSusio

excellent thread! sorry i have nothing to contribute as i have never grown nirvana strains, but i am currently in the market for some new genetics and you all have given me much to ponder.

thanks again,
susio

G

1 x Papaya: this was probably the suckiest plant I've ever grown except for Lowryder, but at least that was cute if nothing else! Papaya was very boring, very bland smoke, tastes nothing like papaya or mango or any other fruit, not very potent, not overly resinous, looks boring, and average yield. I can't see myself ever growing out the other 9 beans, but then I have only tried 1 plant/1 pheno so I can't fully comment on it. I'd be curious to hear other peoples results with Papaya.

No idea what happened here, you must have either messed up the plant or been unlucky and got a rare rubbish pheno as I've grown Papaya 3 times and it's a great strain, a short, stocky, highly resionous and potent indica, I found it quite citric and fruity, it is similar to an Afghan but with a different smell and taste. I prefer KC Brain's Mango as it is a bit more stable and a tad more potent and resinous, I think Papaya ia a rip-off of Mango.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Wamen,
5 ounces out of a plant which vegged for 1-2 weeks?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAHh
Yes just over 5.2oz dry bud all up, I was very pleasantly surprised. I normally average about 2-3oz from most strains I grow after 3-4 weeks veg, so for this to breach 5oz was good in itself, not to mention that it was on the back of just 1-2 weeks veg. At least 9 weeks flowering though, probably more like 10. I got just over 6oz off a Sour Diesel but I vegged that for about 3-4 weeks before a 10+ week flower, so AK48 is probably the highest yielding strain I've grown in regards to yield per day.

British Hempire,
No idea what happened here, you must have either messed up the plant or been unlucky and got a rare rubbish pheno
I didn't mess up - three other strains growing with her all turned out excellent and she did grow well, no problems or anything, so I'm just guessing that I ended up with Papaya's worst pheno :) (i guess we can't grow a keeper everytime huh)

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
hey all :wave:

I have a few strains from Nirvana coming via sbay.

-Ak48
-K2
-NL x shiva
-Pure Power Plant
-Top 44

any ideas as to which I should start first??

I am going to go with ak48 based on the fact that phenomenal had such a great experience with it.

I eagerly await your replies........

peace :joint:

Pink

I have some White Rhino going and they are FREAKS. Very healthy, yet twisted and funny looking.

I love me some freaky plants. I'll post them up later.

G

I have grown

Nirvana Big Bud - Branched like crazy when LST'd, but I kept her small. Not the crystaliest buds/nugz, but hardy, fast grower and decent buzz.

Aghaan - Really easy to clone - tough, squat. Smoke was potent, buds were solid.

Misty - lowest yield, buds were small but hit hard. I mighta had feeble pheno, but wasn't impressed.

I now have 2 Nirvana AK48 and 3 Nirvana White Rhino growin' - I'm thinkin' about keepin a male of one (or each), and doin' some lady tickling.

I have Nirvana Northern Lights and Nirvana California Orange Bud waiting in the wings.

ws

Last edited:
G

^
nice dude a rhino/ml cross would be very interesting! :yummy:

I can't believe that hardly anyone has mentioned their whie rhino...

I am currently growing out the rhino alsmot all natural with very minor lst. It smells kind of like a christmas wreath... it is very piney/hay in smell. The calyx's don't get too big but they form these little shoots on the top, and are convered, and I mean covered with THC. Looks like I dipped in sugar!

VERY easy plant to grow. I made so many mistakes and the fact that I am actually pulling almost 4 ounces from these things are truley amazing. They like slightly high PH, and almost NO nutes whatsoever as they burn real easy. So basically all you have to do is water.

As far as yield I have a little more than a week to go but I would say I am about to get around 21 grams per plant (4 plants, only wanted 2 but 4/4 females lol) ....keep in mind mine are all natural under only 250 hps.

It is not that I have anything against this strain but being my first grow I want to try a lot more and probably will grow 1 on the side now and then. This is a VERY hash, harsh smoke... probabyl best in a bong... it will kick ur lungs ass....

I took a tester bud and at first I was pretty pissed (i wasn't getting high) but it has a heavy hitting creeper stoned... very heavy... light-headed at fist for 10-15 mins then with a small rush and dragging you into a couch lock high for a couple hours- great for relaxing and watching a good movie!

Scale 1-10 (1 horrible, 10 great)

Taste: 6 (like i said real piney... not horrible but obviously WAY better out there)

Smell: 7 (smells like christmas kinda!)

Smoke: 4 (really really harsh, best for bongs)

High: 9 (definatley for the right occasion... but awsome high)

Bag appeal: 8 (nice crystals very light green, and pretty dense)

Ease of Growing: 9 ( lay low on nutes and this babe will rock ur garden)

I'll post pics later on tonight... but here she is a while ago with my major fuck ups only around 40ish days

lower shoots

Last edited:

muddy waters

i just finished up pure power plant and it is as Indophiliac said flowery smelling, though i got one pheno that ha a danker, fruity smell in flower and now smells like bubblegum or artificial strawberry in its 3rd day of cure. the high i can't describe as for me it differs depending on time of day, first smoke, and other factors, but it's not one to leave you all red eyed, blazed, and out of it. also hasn't given me the munchies. i was expecting more of a knockout quite frankly from its 'white' heritage but i still have 3 phenos curing that i haven't tried. i grew under only ~150w of old CFLs and produced around 150-200 seeds from 6 cramped plants. my yield i'd estimate around 1-1.5 ounces.

i also grew blue mystic which i can highly recommend. it performs very well in small scale, low light grows, and is an excellent choice as a father plant for breeding. i crossed it to a pure landrace sativa that originally had almost no visible trichomes and the F1's were sativa-structured with large, airy, but resinous flowers that retained the fruity blueberry aroma and flowered in around 75-85 days. high was light and very pleasant, and the taste and smell were a pure pleasure. pics of the blue mystic-landrace sativa F1:

i also bought cali o but haven't germed them yet. was hoping for a purple pheno in those, i've seen them in pics here.

G

I had ordered the Blue Mystic, but they were out, and sub'd the Misty.

Damn

ws

Budless

Growing Ak-48 right now. Had a 100% germ rate, but only 75% survival rate b/c of my own issues. I have 1 that is growing super fast, but I accedently killed the others. /newbie grower.

I poped some NL to germ and I'll be planting those later it looks like. The OP's review of AK-48 has me stoked. :p