What's new

NIRVANA SEEDS FAN THREAD

bigAl25

Veteran
The AK48 and bubblelicious are great strains from nirvana. After my next run I'll tell you about blue mystic and snow white.

M

Mybud

Nirvana's NLxShiva 4yr old seed 100% germ 2 phenos
NLxShiva Pheno 1
picture.php

NLxShiva Pheno2
picture.php

Still have Blue Mystic & Citral pics to post

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
Crappy pics of my Jock Horror Autoflower, that didn't autoflower. Sow'd the seed on the 9th of September, it broke the surface on the 13th. I grew it under a 250w CMH and I will have to take the tops then finish some of shaded sights as it got larger than I like to grow under a 250. After 20 days of 20 hours light 4 hours dark it showed no sign of flowering. So for 5 or 6 days I switched to 18/6 hoping to see some flowering. Still nothing. So after about 28 days from seed I switched to 12/12, that did the trick.
Here we are at day 75 from seed. Still needs a week.
GL80 grow tent

those jock autos look nice! and just over 80 days from seed isnt that bad at all. do you think they would have flowered at 20/4 if you waited longer or is it not a good auto strain? very interested in a smoke report. happy harvest

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
those jock autos look nice! and just over 80 days from seed isnt that bad at all. do you think they would have flowered at 20/4 if you waited longer or is it not a good auto strain? very interested in a smoke report. happy harvest

it didn't seem to want to autoflower at all. Nirvana knows there was a problem and have stopped selling 3 strains of autoflower until they figure out whether there was a labelling problem or some such. you can read about it on their site. my seed was a freebie from another site. whenever they get around to retailing them I'm sure they will be right. thanks for the vibes.

Lav

Baned
No pics.

Second time grower and I grew 5 papaya Fems out last summer. They were fool proof. Never had to water or fert. No hermies.

They were beautiful plants. 3.5 feet tall, tons of bud sites and beautiful white pistils. They got ripped by two assholes after I found and destroyed their 20 plant operation ON MY 100 acre property.(Bill C15= mandatory minimum for 6 plants).

I saw them once and they said "we are paintballing". Next year I'll be "out cross bowing" with my new dog.

Anyways,

I will be running these again this coming summer with 3-4 more Nirvana strains.

Well at least you got the peanut farm Jimmy Carter. :D

Nirvana Afghani from last summer, a little leafy and low yield due to suboptimal sunlight, but the smoke was deliciously hashy and potent. Mated with a purple Afghani male, can't wait to grow out the seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NoTdanNeeDe

Whats up guys just got sativa seeds blackberry witch im pretty sure is the same as nirvana blackberry. If anyones got any budshots or anything about blackberry let me kno pleasee

I

icon

it didn't seem to want to autoflower at all. Nirvana knows there was a problem and have stopped selling 3 strains of autoflower until they figure out whether there was a labelling problem or some such. you can read about it on their site. my seed was a freebie from another site. whenever they get around to retailing them I'm sure they will be right. thanks for the vibes.

My guess is it was mislabeled cause i ordered white rhino fems & they all auto flowered under 20 hrs of light & it wasnt white rhino i believe its auto bubbalicious! i was disapointed that i didnt get white rhino but it turned out to be a really good strain i would grow it again for sure.

NoTdanNeeDe

i got seeds from a buddy turned out to be auto flowering i found out when none of the clones rooted and there were white hairs everywhere 3 weeks in under 20 hours of light. really sux cuz the strain is real nice looking. i hope the blackberry i just got dont start flowering on me. any one ever have the same prob?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
My guess is it was mislabeled cause i ordered white rhino fems & they all auto flowered under 20 hrs of light & it wasnt white rhino i believe its auto bubbalicious! i was disapointed that i didnt get white rhino but it turned out to be a really good strain i would grow it again for sure.
Mislabeling sounds very plausible to me.

What I didn't like was how they treated the issue. I tried to tell them about this as early as July last year.

I e-mailed them - no reply. I e-mailed them two more times, no reply. I tried to post at their website - didn't work.

Then I called them. I got some 'Dave's Not Here' routine, and the stoner at the other end of the line talked to someone else and then asked me to e-mail him on another address.

I did, and again, no response.

Then basically I e-mailed them (this is September 2010) and stated that I blog at (this) a thread, and that I really respect their company, and didn't want to give them a negative review.

Finally, I got a response.

Summary

I really like Nirvana. They have been around for many years. Their seeds are cheap (excellent for beginners, messing up a E10 seed is not a good feeling) and the quality of the seeds is really world class. The seeds grow into very vigorous plants (again, excellent for beginners or sub-optimal conditions), excellent germination rate (when you know what you're doing). In fact this year, I grew out an excellent B-52 from seeds I bought in 2007, which all germinated, and of course the B-52 is a rip-roaring plant to grow. Excellent trippy high too. I'm getting high on it in a few minutes.

However, this is the first time I have something negative to say about Nirvana. They screwed up somewhere. I grew out at least 3 Jock Horor auto-flower feminized and one Bubblicous. None of them auto-flowered. (Although they were still very good plants.)

What really gets me is the management aspect. When a customer tells you something is wrong with your product, you don't treat them as an adversary, you treat them as an asset. They care enough about your business, to go out of their way to help you improve the quality of your product. And in the process, avoid a lot of dissatisfied customers, which will hurt your business. And do I need to add that for someone selling seeds that may or may not turn into potent, beautiful bud carrying plants 4 months down the line, reputation is everything?

Even now on their website they talk about 'rumour mongers', instead of taking responsibility for their own screw up. (I blame Pim Fortuyn, because he introduced this narcissistic garbage. But that's just my opinion.)

Therefore, I think they have either a management or employee problem. If they have a bad employee who screws up the seeds, that is an employee problem. If they don't fire or at least reassign that employee immediately, they have a management problem.

So my hypothesis/question is this - have they come under new management?

And of course their regular seeds are still excellent, but when I'm reading here that some people ordered regular seeds and got autoflowerers, the most rational explanation of what happened is that someone mixed up the bags they were put into. (Which is baaad.)

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
From Nirvana's website:

Autoflowering strains

IMPORTANT NOTICE ON OUT OF STOCK STRAINS:

Time to cut the BS and inform you on what's really going on. There's a lot of nonsense doing the rounds about our decision to put four of our auto-flowering strains out of stock, so here's the truth, straight from the source.

Since introducing our four new auto-strains, reactions were mostly positive. We would like to stress that many of our customers have successfully grown these strains to their full satisfaction, as photos on many online cannabis communities will prove. There was one small batch of faulty Blue Mystic autos sent out, but we replaced seeds for the few customers that were involved. Lately, however, we have been receiving more and more complaints about a failure to flower in these four strains. This is why we have decided to temporarily stop selling them. We are currently doing some major quality testing to ascertain which batch or batches caused these issues. Since a lot of people still reported successful grows, and since testing is done regularly, we do know that not all batches were affected.

For all our customers who've ordered auto-flowerers from us, here's what you should do: First, don't panic! Rumour-mongers most likely have never even ordered from us, and are often not properly informed. Your seeds may very well turn out to have nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

Begin by making very sure that any problems you are experiencing with these strains are not due to grower mistakes!

igrowone

Veteran
new management, don't know on that, but was reading on another site that they have some new soft packaging for shipping
didn't sound too good, crushed seeds, so this seems to be another recent issue

NoTdanNeeDe

yea there having problems with shipping, my ak 48 and Aurora indica just came all crushed they said they are reshipping so we will see whats up.

I cant find any info on there blackberry, other then what there site says. its like it dont even exist. so far im a little sketched out how different the seedlings all look. easy to tell the indica phenos from the sativa, half are tall and stretchy and the rest shorter and already look kind of purplish

cjb420

Nirvana's Full Moon (9 Weeks Flowering)

Nirvana's Full Moon (9 Weeks Flowering)

heres some pics of my Full Moon.. ive looked thru this thread a few times.. but never really see anything on Full Moon.. or anywhere else anywhere. idk why i cant ever find much info on this strain.. but im very impressed with it so far.. but its very very very frosty for a sativa!? but im not complaing. I will post harvest pics and a smoke report once its done. i plan on harveting sumwhere between friday and tuesday. **these pics were taken on Monday**

1360964d1294086325-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9947.jpg

1360962d1294086280-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9946.jpg

1360957d1294086230-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9931.jpg

1360951d1294086195-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9921.jpg

1360950d1294086183-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9951.jpg

1360941d1294086095-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9940.jpg

1360939d1294086083-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9924.jpg

1360937d1294086060-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9913.jpg

1360931d1294086019-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9933.jpg

1360929d1294086007-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9912.jpg

1360927d1294085984-chris-new-400-watt-hps-sany9954.jpg

I

icon

i dont see your pix cjb is it just me?
I hope they get everything straightened out for everyones sake i still like them but wont make any purchases untill i hear that theres no more problems. I also wonder if its new managment just for the fact that things seem to go down hill for a company every time new management takes over hmmmm i want those autos again i wonder if i buy a pack of fem white rhino if i'll get them lol but i think i'll just wait it out instead besides i have a pack of citral to grow out still.