What's new

NIRVANA SEEDS FAN THREAD

gongageek

mordan, that's pretty tight for a pure sativa but in as much as AK48 is only medium height I think you've made a good choice. I have grown Nirvana's AK48 and can vouch for the quality. At any rate with the limited space you have I would buy fem seeds so you don't have to sex the plants, and use the scrog approach to keep the height down. Good luck and make sure to post pics!

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had great luck with the jock horror- great yield, potent and one pheno has a cherry cough syrup taste. I was disappointed with the cali-o. 2 fems flowered outside had head buds of 22 and 24 grams, but no orange candy phenos.

I did make f2's of the cali-o. Haven't popped any yet, but the beans were huge! My buddy grew it out, and said it was the most beautiful plant in his garden.

I guess it's a crap shoot with Nirvana. It's great that they've introduced some new strains, via the new partnership w/Sativa Seedbank. But you really can't go wrong for the price. I'm planning on using some cd x sd pollen on their new york power diesel, and I want to cross a bubblegum x original haze #1 to their blackberry.

Bud-O-Phile

excuse me, new nirvana fan coming through :wave:

first time growing nirvana seeds, feminized super skunk to be exact and i have tell i'm soooo impressed about the quality.. a real bang for the buck
started one seed in a minimal container to serve as a steady supply of incomplete smoke for anxious grower waiting for the "main-players" finishing up and now i cant find the heart to cut even the tinyest bit of bud from this beauty before finishing her up

she's been only 3weeks in 12/12 light cycle and already showing up some real dankness. the smell is absolutely intoxicating, like a fresh bowl of horse manure ditched in a blender with some cat pee.. and somebody even threw a couple of citrons to go along!

picture.php

picture.php

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excuse me, new nirvana fan coming through :wave:

first time growing nirvana seeds, feminized super skunk to be exact and i have tell i'm soooo impressed about the quality.. a real bang for the buck
started one seed in a minimal container to serve as a steady supply of incomplete smoke for anxious grower waiting for the "main-players" finishing up and now i cant find the heart to cut even the tinyest bit of bud from this beauty before finishing her up

she's been only 3weeks in 12/12 light cycle and already showing up some real dankness. the smell is absolutely intoxicating, like a fresh bowl of horse manure ditched in a blender with some cat pee.. and somebody even threw a couple of citrons to go along!

picture.php

picture.php

Nice looking plants for sure!! I grew out Nirvana's Super Skunk back in '05, and it had the sweetest, and I mean like "damn, that's sweet" taste. I guess the Dutch prefer the sweet pheno. Tried it again this summer, and didn't get anything close to the first time, wonder if they changed up the genetics.

Good job Bud, please keep posting pics!:)

Bud-O-Phile

Nice looking plants for sure!! I grew out Nirvana's Super Skunk back in '05, and it had the sweetest, and I mean like "damn, that's sweet" taste. I guess the Dutch prefer the sweet pheno. Tried it again this summer, and didn't get anything close to the first time, wonder if they changed up the genetics.

Good job Bud, please keep posting pics!:)

thanks a lot festivus :thank you:

hope the taste will be sweet but since this smells like a total roadkill even at this point i seriously doubt it :D
how long did your plants take finishing up? i just read this strain takes about 10-11weeks and i already cut down administering nitrogen to near zero with this one.. well time will tell.. i'll post some new pics around week 5, till then :wave:

3 female California Orange's looks like they are from cuts. Very uniform. Already some frost on sun leaves.

:thank you: Nirvana

Bud-O-Phile: Your SS looks killer. Love those frozen leaves. ;)

Rig1968

ive only run Joch Horror so far

i have some ak48 to try out later and hope its better than the crappy JH

uve only run one, yet you say the strain is crappy, and i bet you bought JH cause u heard it was jack herrer, its called a phenotype, this is one reason hype starts is posts like yours.

swc

White Rhino

White Rhino

White Rhino Outdoors..

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 24

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Isnt it white widow thats brazillian and south indian?

From what I've read, both strains have the same background. The Nirvana label was the first time I've seen anything mentioned about a mystery Canadian strain in the mix.

T

the_coota

White Rhino is an original Shantibaba strain, mrnice seeds.. medicine man he calls it now..
who knows wot mysterys nirvana has in there packets,.. alot of the time they pay off tho

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'm running their Nlxshiva right now and they are the fastest growing plants I've got. Faster than PPP's for sure in veg growth and they should be finished (%50 amber) around 50 days. They are on day 46 today and when I checked the trichs yesterday, the leaves closest to the bulb had a few amber trichs already.

I've got 2 that are about 20" (51cm) tall that will be going outside in a week or two, I'm guessing they will be huge by then, maybe around 30".

Sam the Caveman - glad to see someone else running NL x Shiva! I've got 5 that just popped yesterday and I've gotta say I'm psyched to get these going.

I did a small seed run indoors back in 2007/08. Out of 10 plants, 1 seedling never got going, 2 males, 7 females. I gave 2 to a friend and kept 5. If I remember correctly, the males typically grew faster and showed themselves first. All 7 females were 99.9% identical. A couple plants showed some minor differences, say maybe in leaf structure, but growth structure and height were uniform. Medium height. These plants were easy to clone and I had about 80% success rate but keep in mind that it was my second time cloning (first time was bagseed). The smoke was uplifting and positive with a bit of energy but not racy. It was picked at 7 weeks because I was impatient (had run out of bud) and cured maybe 6 days. Tasty, smooth, good smoke!!! This time around gonna look for more amber in some and let go to 8/8.5 weeks.

I discovered on Nirvana's website that NL x Shiva is discontinued so keep some moms or harvest some seeds to keep her around if you like her. Happy 420! Puff, puff, pass :joint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts