Nirvana Blue Mystic from seed - C22 cab

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystc - Day 15/56 Flower

Temp-81Fmax,72Fmin
RH-63%max,37%
TDS-840ppm/12cf/1.2ec
pH-6.0

kim smith, Hey thanks for the stop they are lookin rather healthy it seems :yummy:

flipmastermike, I prob will have some time tomorrow to explain how I built the filter... it was really easy I just went to good ol home depot and picked up some cheap supplies. I'm not sure if I bought the actual filter material there or not :rolleyes: but I just bought a replacement filter that's suposed to be used in a flat filter I guess but I modified it to roll around a screen which is what holds it in place. I'll give ya more details tomorrow :wave:

smokey-cigars, yeah GH seems to be a great nute for new growers and old alike. I've used it for years and I like to stick with what works for me so :joint:

The TDS were at 770ppm this morning when checked and this eve about an hour before lights out the TDS is reading back up to 840ppm again. The pH has been at 6.0 for the last two days... I wonder if it's the buffers are keeping it this way or what, I thought the pH would fluctuate from day to day :chin: I was able to snap some nice pics for this eves update so enough with the wait already here ya go :joint: Pics taken with a digicam and no editing done except croping and changes in size using Roxio. :wave:

3496121404_before_lights_out_3.jpg

3496121404_before_lights_out_5.jpg

Lookin good Budmaster.Im gonna sart to flower some more Blue mystic clones in a couple days.I should have some pics soon.
From the pics it looks like u have a nice pheno. How does she smell?

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 16/56 Flower

Temp-80Fmax,68Fmin
RH-50%max, 25%min
TDS-0ppm(Flushing)
pH-6.2

flipmastermike, :wave: Hey hows it growin fer ya... glad to hear you'll be startin to flower those mystics. It will be interesting to compare. She's starting to get kinda stinky but not to bad yet, I also see some blueish-green coloring on the newer top leaves. It would be nice to get a cool blue pheno. :canabis:

She's drank up about a gallon of solution in the last few days... however the TDS were at 840ppm when checked today and the pH at 5.8. There was just a very small buildup of gunkiness on the roots (prob the seablast :rolleyes: ) and it's been about 10 days since the res was filled up... she is also starting to show signs of preburn (fan leaves starting to claw) so I decided to do a 24hr flush today. I added 1/2oz of 3%H2o2 per gal and also aprox .5ml of pHdown to bring it to 6.2ish. After an hour I checked the pH again and it went up to 7.0 so I lowered it back with 1ml pHdown to the res. When I took her out of the cab I snapped a few pics so you could see her in a different light :D I don't know if it's me but the top newest leaves are starting to get a kinda blueish-green tint to leaf tips :canabis: if you look at these first two pics you may be able to tell what I'm talking about. Would be nice if my only lady was a super blue pheno... wishful thinking :chin: Is it me or does it smell green in here :joint:

3496121504_mystic_top_flash.jpg

3496121504_mystic_top_2.jpg

mr.propper

Looks very similar what my plant was on same age.
35-40 days and you get lots of good bud.
theres couple pics on my gallery of my mystic plant.
:canabis:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
It's nice to hear that many of you had terrible germ rates with the mystics too. I only had 4 beans and only one germed. I thought It was just me. Mine is about 2.5 months now and hasn't been sexed. I have taken some clones to sex her from while she still grows. I have noticed some prehairs so I have a good feeling she'll be female. This is a very bushy plant. I love it for the structure already. It has a very good clone potential if it's female. At the fifth node she turned trifoliate. now at the thirteenth node and only 14 inches tall I could almost take 20 more. She's been grown to possibly mother in soil and I can't imagine how many clones I could be ready for now if I had started her in a bubbler. Have any of the rest of you noticed any trifoliate plants?

GreatLakes THC

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 17/56 Flower

TDS-1330ppm
pH-6.2

I dumped the flush solution today and refilled with a slightly higher nute concentration. This is what I added to the res...

7.5ml/gal Micro
10ml/gal bloom
5ml/gal Grow
2.5ml/gal Silicon

The pH after mixing the nutes and silicon was 6.2 so no adjustment was needed. She is starting to give out a nice berry kinda smell, slightly skunky but def a berry smell :chin: :joint: :wave:

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 18/56 Flower

Temp-79Fmax,68Fmin
RH-46%max,22%min
TDS-1190ppm
pH-6.2

The TDS were down today from yesterday by 140ppm and 1/4 gallon lower, she's gettin thirsty it seems :D I think that flush the other day really helped out. Buds are forming up even faster now and she's lookin real nice. My clones still have no signs of roots yet, they're still green however and looking good also. I've got a heating mat on low set under the prop tray to keep the root area warm, I'm trying to see if this will bring the roots faster as I've read that it helps, I've got the lights on 24/0 for the lil ones. The lady herself is 22" tall and the lamp is about 10" above her. More budshots for ya...

3496121704_mystic_top_3-3.jpg

Bonzo

Veteran
Looks good Budmaster, very nice thread, informative, to the point and nice photos.

pheen

so far i got 1 of 4 seeds that was female. she is 43 days old. looks nice,grew fast,lower nutes,hydro style. she is already frosted over with more trichs than many other plants i've grown. she's dark leafed but i think the skunk mix in her took away from the bb.

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 21/56 Flower

Temp-76Fmax,50Fmin
RH-36%max, 25%min
TDS-1190ppm
pH-5.8

Bonzo, Thanks for the compliments :wave: glad to have ya here :D

pheen, Yeah they don't seem to have a good female ratio but at least I got one lady and some clones to :D I was also lucky to get a nice blueberry pheno outta this one lady... the top leaves have a sorta greenish-blue color to them and she smells like a blueberry with a hint of skunkyness :joint:

I haven't been able to update my journal for the past couple days... I had some problems with the cable but it's fixed now :D Without the internet for two days I thought I was going to have a fit :rolleyes: I know how pathetic, but I spend half of most days online.

Anyway now that I'm back I've got some great pictures for todays update.
The lady mystic drinks about 1/4 gallon daily now and the TDS for the last couple days has remained at 1190ppm. I noticed today that the roots are starting to appear slightly slimey so I added 1oz/gal of 3%H2o2, this afternoon I checked the roots again and already they are starting to look really white again so it's doing the trick :chin: When I added the H2o2 the TDS went up to 1260ppm so I also added 3/4 gallon plain water with 1oz H2o2 and .5ml pHdown to bring it to a pH of 5.8... that brought the TDS back to 1190ppm. I will start to implement the Kool Bloom additive soon so any pointers with that stuff lemme know ok ppls :D what I know is to start out slow with the stuff at 1/4 strength I think. You'll notice the temps got down to 50F last night, well I've been experimenting with the intake and my window and I can see I need to quit leaving the window open so far :eek: How low of a temp can she take before it affects her output do ya think?? I've heard that lower temps near the end of flower can have great effect not only on apperance but quality, obviously I'm nowhere near being done so I'll work on keeping those nightime temps higher. On another note my clones rooted yesterday so after the roots are a little more established I'll transfer em to some netpots... not sure if I'm gonna keep both or just one as I will be eventually transfering to a waterfarm system and two plants in it may be too much IMHO, anyone have some opinions feel free to post. These pictures taken just a few hours ago and I did my best with the macro shots and no tripod. :canabis: :yummy: :joint: :wave:

3496122004_mystic_top_macro.jpg

3496122004_mystic_lower_buds_macro.jpg

And here are pictures of my lil girls :D just taken mins ago :canabis: You can clearly see the roots on one of them, even tho a bit blurry :rolleyes: The second clone the root is just barley poking out in the corner. I have been spraying them daily with a quart sprayer I filled with 1/8tsp micro, 1/8tsp bloom, 2tsp Seablast. Oh my is that a bare toe in that picture :biglaugh: :chin: :wave:

Bonzo

Veteran
hey Bud, are you sure you want to use Waterfarms? i just put together the simplest, cheapest flood and drain bucket system yhat so far is working beyond my expectations. i used waterfarms before i biult this system and they were kind of a hassle. simple things like checking ph were too much work. the system i just biult does not use a controller, just a rez below the buckets. im using 3.5 gallon but you can use any size you want.its the most user friendly system ive ever used. and did i mention inexpensive? peace

pheen

nice pics bud.
you pritty much described my plant, the leafs that is. they are growing differently though. i see your's have'nt started allternating nodes like mine. mine started around the 5th node and about 3/4 the plant is this way.
hopefully with lowering temps alil more these next 2 weeks will make her show more color.

keep up the good work peeps.

Hey Bonzo :wave: Thanks for the stop... I actually have a single waterfarm system that I bought a few years back. It works great for one plant so I'm prob gonna either build another cheap system for the second clone or put it in a pot with soil... or I could always give it away to someone who needs it also :chin: I've got a couple medical friends that might be happy to have it but I just dunno yet if I wanna give up my stuff. Anyway heres a picture of my waterfarm. I grew a nice sized bagseed plant in it years back...

Hey pheen, glad you could stop by :wave: I actually had the start of alternating nodes just after the switch to flower. I just haven't taken any pictures of them alternating cause it's hard to notice with her. Here's a picture first of slightly alternating nodes... you may be able to see how one leaf set is higher than the other :joint: :canabis: And the second picture is the one meant to be posted orginally it just didn't make it... I was baked what can I say :joint: :chin:

After Edit: Forgot the main picture :biglaugh:

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Trifoliate...

Trifoliate...

So none of you have noticed Trifoliates with your Mystics? Mine must be a random mutation then.

GreatLakes THC

pheen

what do you mean by trifoliates? the plant only has 3 bladed leafs, no 5 or 7 bladed ones?

what great lake are you closest too? i'm near one.

GreatLakes THC

Veteran
Hi Pheen...

Hi Pheen...

I'm closest to lake Superior. By trifoliate I mean that the plant puts out three branch sites at each node rather than 2 which is the norm for marijuana.

Here's some examples to show you the difference. I copied these photo's from xxbluevelvetxx's thread "Triple Test-VeryBerry, Godzuki, Neville's Haze x Blueberry"

Normal plant
1562GZuki4-1.jpg

Notice how it has just two leafs at each node.

Trifoliate plant
74VeryBerryWP-06082k4.jpg

Notice how it has three leafs at each node.

That's what trifoliate is.

Bluevelvet... thanks for those great examples.

GreatLakes THC

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 23/56 Flower

Temp-80Fmax,60Fmin
RH-50%max,22%min
TDS-1190ppm
pH-5.8

GreatLakes THC, I have only read one other BM grow that had a trifoliate occur, it wasn't on this site though. Thanks for those cute pics... ah look at that cute trifoliate :joint:

Wow you guys are close to one another... isn't it funny when you realize how close you really are to someone else. I'm far from you guys but at least we've got the net and this cool forum to post our thoughts and chat.

I dumped the nutes today and gave her a quick flush before charging up the system again. I decided I'm gonna try starting the kool bloom additive. So here's what I mixed up:

Micro 5ml/gal
Grow 2.5ml/gal
Bloom 10ml/gal
Kool Bloom 1/4 tsp/gal

The TDS after mixing everything but kool bloom was 980ppm I then added the kool bloom. I am starting out at 1/4tsp/gal, GH states that this amount should add 200ppm to the main solution.... so it should be around 1180ppm when finished. The TDS readout at 1190ppm after adding the kool bloom :D pretty close if ya ask me. The pH came out to 5.8 after everything was mixed and done. Since the stretch is over now I expect the pH to start drifting upward so I left it at 5.8.

Clone update

I just transplanted the stronger of the two clones into my waterfarm setup and the other into a netpot... I'm awaiting the parts for another bubbler bucket I'm gonna build prob tonight :rolleyes: You can see how the roots on the one pictured are just asking me to plant her :D The other I didn't even bother with the root pic because it's not changed much. So I made up a lite veg solution for my waterfarm... here's what I mixed up:

Micro 2.5ml/gal
Bloom 1.25ml/gal
Grow 5ml/gal
pHdown .5ml/gal

The TDS were sitting at 490ppm after mixing up the batch of nutes. Here's some pictures of em. Check out the alternating node on the closeup of the waterfarm pic... she's ready from the getgo. The clones are under two 21w cool white flos on a 24/0 light schedule. I love this growing weed stuff. :D :joint:

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :canabis: