What's new

Nice...another blow to creationism

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Actually,the Creation story in Genesis goes along fairly nicely with the scientific theories about the creation of the earth, with the exception of that 6 day thing. But then, the Bible also says that a 1000 years is but a day to the lord!

TwoOhSix!

DoubleJ said:
What I've never understood is why belief in God and evolution seem to be mutually exclusive to many people....
Great point. Anyone that denies evolution IS crazy/a stupid mofo. There's too much evidence that proves it to be true.

However, I think there's no problem in believing in God. Nothing has been proven either way there (yet). Just at least recognize the legitimacy of evolution!

G

TwoOhSix! said:
Great point. Anyone that denies evolution IS crazy/a stupid mofo. There's too much evidence that proves it to be true.

However, I think there's no problem in believing in God. Nothing has been proven either way there (yet). Just at least recognize the legitimacy of evolution!

:wave:crazy/a stupid mofo here! :wave:

:wink:

BadKarma

TwoOhSix! said:

Actually you should look at the Multi verse theory where scientist have created their own religion because the facts they discovered point toward Creation. Something they would not/ could not accept

PS Im not stupid. :rasta: But a MOFO I Am.!

Last edited:
irishSoCo said:
You've just generalized an entire group from a few discussions you've had with people who most likely have not conducted much research at all or even studied the subject beyond its Biblical roots. Congratulations.

If one is to say that the Bible is just a collection of stories and fables, one might first decide to research other historical texts which actually tell basically the same stories as the Bible.

I was a christian for the first 20 years of my life, so I've heard most of the creationist ideas. Clearly the bible has some historic value, but a lot is indeed exagerrated and "made up." Will you be the first christian in my lifetime to say the Bible isn't 100% correct? With it's blind hate and contradictions? Genocide and pedophilia is okay if you namedrop God?

I'd have so much more respect for them if they'd just admit(or repent, as the bible says) that there's clearly some moral and logical shortcomings in the Bible. Not a single one has. Why do you think we ignore the Old Testament laws? Because deep down we know it's a load of hateful, outdated bullcrap that was never the word of God.

And there's an offensive(to me) belief that every christian has: Merely believing in Jesus automatically makes you better in the eyes of God than every other person, regardless of true character or lifestyle. The worst Christian is better than the whole nonchristian world. This is why a lot of christians come off as dicks. And don't forget all the people who automatically go to hell:

-Gays, lesbians, and anyone who ever got freaky with an animal
-anyone divorced, christian or not
-those heathen Asians and Africans that had the audacity to be born in a place with no access to the bible
-no exceptions; it's not in the bible.

Even when I was a christian I always believed in logic and reason, and even empathy for nonchristians. But it was other christians and their inability to even consider the bible isn't 100% perfect that drove me away. I suppose they really do believe God wanted the Israelites, once slaves themselves, to commit genocide and make slaves of the children(young virgin girls) of the people they just slaughtered. That nonbelievers should be eradicated. That women are property and should STFU. That Jesus can fly and walk through walls like a ghost(I'm not making this up).

Once again, like so many christians, when presented with clear moral shortcomings, you're still unable to admit the bible isn't 100% perfect. Though if you do, you'd be the first, and I'd tip my hat to you. It's obvious to everyone else, why not you?

G

The end is near:
I can respect your views though i may not agree with a number of your points.
----
Let's be careful to not turn this evolution vs. creationism thread into a religious thread though. This will be my last post in this one as I don't want to encourage further religion based arguing. I apologize if my posts bordered on the religious argument side of things.

let's let the thread get back to a discussion of genetic origin and not of theological view.

loflogro

Wow, this ones always touchy and ends in flaming on the boards. To open, shame on everyone who does nothing but attack people who believe in creation or evolution. Flaming someone for their beliefs isn't a great start to debating a stance. As far as the cold hard science to evolution, well, that's garbage. Trust me, if and when the true proof of evolution is discovered, it will be proliferated everywhere, not just in a few random articles... the reason its not, is because it's still just a theory with no true evidence to support it. And if you argue that there is proof, please provide references to back yourself up. Out of all of the animals that supposedly evolved, wouldn't there be a bounty of remains showing the different stages of this process?... there are a hell of a lot of remains and fossils for many other creatures that are argued to have come around well before humans, so where is that missing link... or better yet, where are all of those missing links. Also, why has evolution stopped, why are we no longer evolving?... we aren't perfect creatures, so wouldn't evolution continue so that we better adapt to our environment? But, when it comes down to the core, both stances are theories, one theory is based on faith and history, the other on unproven science, neither of which can be confirmed. If you are to argue that one widely accepted theory is to be taught in schools, how can you argue that another theory which has more believers and historical evidence shouldn't be. If you want your theory taught in schools, I'm fine with that, but don't say your theory gets full run but others shouldn't even be mentioned. And when it's all said and done, if I have lived a life based on a faith that gives me hope, is comforting and makes me better as a person... I'm better off even if I do sprout a tail along the way. But seriously, quit flaming guys, you just come off as an idiot. Ever notice that the people who usually get mad in arguments are the ones that are either losing, not getting their way or can't defend their stance with facts so substitute hostility?... don't negate your argument by being that guy.

loflogro, I'll do the best I can:

It's no longer a debate that evolution occurs, at the very least as microevolution as some may call it. But macroevolution, turning one species into another, is more questionable. There is some proof though. Ring species, put simply, are animals that have several subspecies, some of which can interbreed and some that can't. This means that one subspecies has made enough genetic changes that it can be considered a new species, though the naming would suggest otherwise. For a completely made up and simplified example, Canadian, American, and Mexican Xs might be considered the same species because American Xs can interbreed with both Canadian and Mexican Xs. But Canadian and Mexican Xs couldn't interbreed and , if it weren't for the missing link (American Xs), they'd be considered different species(which they arguably are). Does this explain how humans came from apes? Or the notion of a single celled first ancestor? Not by a longshot, but at least it explains something.

As far as human evolution and it stopping, it never stopped, but reversed. We've in effect domesticated ourselves, as well as made it easier for the stupid to survive, what with welfare and such, and everyone knows the stupid outbreed the "normies," at least in the US.

G

lol end is near that is one thing that worries me sometimes. the stupid/poor/slutty drug addicts are totally outbreeding the responsible smart people. cuz the responsible smart people don't have many kids but poor people on welfare that can't support themselves let alone their kids have litters of babies starting at a young age

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
i just think anyone who says they KNOW for sure one way or the other is down right arrogant
Interesting chat before about the links between the noah.Gilgamesh flood tales.... in fct there are about 7-8 differnt flood "legends" for want of a better word right now around the world in differrent culures, totally seperated by geography and by 1000's of years in some cases....And in them all there are central threads that seem to link them together... There are other things like this, such as similarities between legends of ancient egyot and bmesopotamia, with legends from central america... and then linksbetween central american and andean cultures totally independant but completely the same basically, and yet with no logical explaination for how thy came to be, too many simlilaroties for coincidence... Anyone interested in this sort fo stuff should read stuff by graham hancock...he can be out there and a bit long wonded too but some of it really has yu wondering... like how did an old map that was made by copying an ancient map which was subsequantly destroyed by fire, show anartica and australia several hundred years before the "discoveries" of the "new world"....
The Idea that would make most sense to me is aliens.... im not saying it what i believe but it is a thoughht i have come to several times.... and that"God" is the aliens basically....

Last edited:

BadKarma

UnerSame said:
lol end is near that is one thing that worries me sometimes. the stupid/poor/slutty drug addicts are totally outbreeding the responsible smart people. cuz the responsible smart people don't have many kids but poor people on welfare that can't support themselves let alone their kids have litters of babies starting at a young age

The fact that your parents are stupid/poor/slutty drug addicts only means you have a bad start in life. You may still become one of the smartest/richest/Cleanest persons ever born.

The fact you come from the smartest/richest/Cleanest persons in the world means NOTHING. Say Hilton Say It B*&ch LOL not to be rude just thought that was funny.

Last edited:
G

ya i know there are a lot of good people that are poor but im just talking about the crackwhores that **** so many guys and then get pregnant and don't even know who the father is and put the baby up for adoption or try to sell it for crack or something- those are the people that are spreading their genes way faster than normal people that actually take care of their children

G

Harry Gypsna said:
i just think anyone who says they KNOW for sure one way or the other is down right arrogant
Interesting chat before about the links between the noah.Gilgamesh flood tales.... in fct there are about 7-8 differnt flood "legends" for want of a better word right now around the world in differrent culures, totally seperated by geography and by 1000's of years in some cases....And in them all there are central threads that seem to link them together... There are other things like this, such as similarities between legends of ancient egyot and bmesopotamia, with legends from central america... and then linksbetween central american and andean cultures totally independant but completely the same basically, and yet with no logical explaination for how thy came to be, too many simlilaroties for coincidence... Anyone interested in this sort fo stuff should read stuff by graham hancock...he can be out there and a bit long wonded too but some of it really has yu wondering... like how did an old map that was made by copying an ancient map which was subsequantly destroyed by fire, show anartica and australia several hundred years before the "discoveries" of the "new world"....
The Idea that would make most sense to me is aliens.... im not saying it what i believe but it is a thoughht i have come to several times.... and that"God" is the aliens basically....
I would think that these stories are similar because the human race is similar, and those humans went through the same natural phenomena of floods wherever they were in the world.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
i would not call myself Christian but i find it funny that some of you feel the need to berate other peoples belief system in a manner that you KNOW will offend. im all for free speech but have a little consideration. just cause you dont believe it doesn't mean its wrong or that you ever had a right to judge. I never really understood the human compulsion to destroy/insult/ruin what others have (material things or faith) why cant you except that people are different and dont need to conform yo your belief system and yes it is a belief system and anyone who wants to claim this fact or that just remember all science i mean all is axiomatic. that means that if you go to to core of mathematics or physics you will find that all those crazy triple integrations and quantum wave form equations are based on group theory and axioms that CAN NOT BE PROVEN, and therefor most be taken as a given. Science is just as made up as any religion simply a matrix we overlay on the world. you know nothing, no one does truth is subjective and reality perceptive.

G

C21H30O2 said:
i would not call myself Christian but i find it funny that some of you feel the need to berate other peoples belief system in a manner that you KNOW will offend. im all for free speech but have a little consideration. just cause you dont believe it doesn't mean its wrong or that you ever had a right to judge. I never really understood the human compulsion to destroy/insult/ruin what others have (material things or faith) why cant you except that people are different and dont need to conform yo your belief system and yes it is a belief system and anyone who wants to claim this fact or that just remember all science i mean all is axiomatic. that means that if you go to to core of mathematics or physics you will find that all those crazy triple integrations and quantum wave form equations are based on group theory and axioms that CAN NOT BE PROVEN, and therefor most be taken as a given. Science is just as made up as any religion simply a matrix we overlay on the world. you know nothing, no one does truth is subjective and reality perceptive.
Nothing can be proven, this isn't news though

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
journies said:
Nothing can be proven, this isn't news though
my point exactly, so saying that someone else is wrong especially without context is just ignorant. believe what you like and if you encounter someone with a different view point don't spit in their face and call them idiots either discuss it intellectually or for peace sake keep your mouth shut. this isn't directed at anyone just some personal philosophy for the forum. peace.

TwoOhSix!

BadKarma said:
Actually you should look at the Multi verse theory where scientist have created their own religion because the facts they discovered point toward Creation. Something they would not/ could not accept

PS Im not stupid. :rasta: But a MOFO I Am.!
I'm aware of this theory and fail to see how it refutes evolution.
I'm sorry, but how the hell can you people deny evolution exists? The Amazon jungle has evolved and adapted and co-evolved in amazing and ridiculous ways. You ever hear of the Galapagos islands?

NorCalChron

loflogro said:
Also, why has evolution stopped, why are we no longer evolving?... we aren't perfect creatures, so wouldn't evolution continue so that we better adapt to our environment? .

we have thumbs.. its time to evolve ideas as bill hicks would say. There are people out there making sure we dont evolve important ideas but instead talk about the latest BS tv show or celeb scandal. turn off the tube

Spaventa

Veteran
So man evolved, eventualy from single celled organisms...but what made them? Who was the the very first ones daddy? And if your gona tell me they evolved fromm something else, what did they evolve from?? You have to start with somthing to start the whole process of evolution.

G

spaventa they basically formed from the mixture of gases and whatever the hell else was on earth back then when it was first formed billions of years ago. did you know there was a study where some scientists put a bunch of stuff into a container that was supposed to mimic the environment of the earth back then, i dunno what they put in the container but it was exactly the gases and elements that were present back then, and anyways what happened was that life actually formed in the container from nothing. single celled organisms were just made from that shit

Latest posts

Latest posts