What's new

NHL hockey chatter...

-BG-

Anyone watching Penguins - Capitals game right now.?..Alexander the Great is on fire...again...Wow..!

B.Grant

Haha that goal scrambled my brain. I was watching that game when it happened and dropped my roach without realizing it (was busy hitting the replay button on my remote, still not sure where that roach ended up). Apparently he told pierre mcguire "I will not be stopped" or something like that before the game started. No shit.

He's completely friggin' awesome!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
It's all over. Just give us the Cup now and save yourselves the agony.

He's back on Thursday. Nice and rested with some games left to knock off the rust before the playoffs.

brodeur061208_300x400_devil.jpg

threeeleven

Let's take a moment to congratulate Martin Brodeur on tying Patrick Roy's NHL record for Wins. Martin will attempt to break the record on Tuesday and I will be in attendance.... GO DEVILS!

shadow

Ah my two favorite things get combined in one place. Weed, and hockey. GO WILD!!!!!

Mikko koivu, pierre marc-bouchard, nicklas backstrom, antii miettenin (I can't spell this one for shit), on occasion marian gaborik decides to not suck a fat one and plays a game or two with us between surgeries, brent burns, yet we still can't win games :(

edit: A friend of mine plays for the bruins, so by definition I am not a devils fan but I would love to see brodeur kill every single goalie record by a long shot.

edit 2: LOL and they say weed doesn't affect your memory. Apparently this isn't the first time I have posted in this thread (just looked a page back to see all of the hockey talk going on). Oh well, I still love the thread.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Boston Vs PItts right now! god i hope boston wins!! tha panthers have really slipped up lately(altho we do have two key injuries its no excuse), vokhoun and the cats got beat last night by a weak ass tampa bay defense and their second string goalie :( now were tied for 8th with the rangers!@ now we need to win all our games and i mean ALL of them to even try to get the 8th spot. The east is tight real tight while the west looks all sharks!
great to see this thread going smooth i hope it stays this way! awesome season ! bad news getting worse - my NHL 09 disc was scratched to hell recently, that was like pouring salt on an open wound!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
what do you guys think about that scum bag avery back on the rangers? that realy pisses me off ithought we got rid of him to the west and bam here he is again! damnnit!
Panthers signed emminger, when i think we were ok defensively and shoulda got a strong center or an all out enforcer for the short term, but im not really happy with whats happened since the trade deadline, is anyone else un-satisfied with their teams last minute moves for a push at the play offs? im interested to hear what you guys have to say about your own perspective teams and their performance post deadline moves.
Injuries? what great timing for the panthers to have nathan horton get hurt, while olesz gets healthy and comes back just in time to fuck it all up for us in the final dozen or more games left? anyone else pissed off about recent injuries? love the timing tho! right b4 the play offs!! hehe sorry im cranky we havent made the play offs since 2000, i mean last night panthers up 3-1 on the boltz only to give them up in the 3rd and lose in a shoot out! PUSSY CATS!@!! damn IT!!! they shoulda traded bouwmeister for some fast fwds and a center with skills

shadow

I for one am very dissapointed in the wilds trade deadline acquisitions. We need a goal scorer, and since gaborik is a little fuck, we don't have anyone who can score goals. I mean we have people like koivu and bouchard who are amazing at assisting on goals, but no one who can really pull the trigger like gaborik, or kovalchuk, or ovechkin, or any of the pure goal scorers in the league.

Oh, and screw avery. That man is a cancer on the league.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
I HATE Avery. I can't believe the Rangers gave him another shot. I was hoping that deal would be kaboshed when Torterella stepped in. 2 goals today. he knows he's playing for his career. Still doesn't impress me much.

I'm off to see my last game of the year on Thursday. No playoffs for the Sens this year, but that's ok. We're in em more often than we're not so no biggie. There's always next season :) Plus, my second fav team is Calgary, so I can root for them.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I like hockey. Watch it a couple of times a year. Like soccer and basketball, the rules are a little vague to me so I don't get it all, but enjoy the action. Actually SEEING a goal would be cool....

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
lol I watch it a couple times a day...Like yesterday...10 hours of hockey......niiiice...:woohoo: ( I didn't watch 10 hours straight, but I had it on in the background all day).

shadow

I HATE Avery. I can't believe the Rangers gave him another shot. I was hoping that deal would be kaboshed when Torterella stepped in. 2 goals today. he knows he's playing for his career. Still doesn't impress me much.

I'm off to see my last game of the year on Thursday. No playoffs for the Sens this year, but that's ok. We're in em more often than we're not so no biggie. There's always next season :) Plus, my second fav team is Calgary, so I can root for them.

Avery is a raging douche, I want him to come to Minnesota and try his shenanigans against Derek Boogard, he has caved a mans face in for less lol.

I like the sens a lot, but I gotta say you have bad taste in second choice teams. Nah I'm kidding, I just view the Minnesota Calgary rivalry as more important than our rivalry with the nucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1EGzp9DLY

edit: But then again, who could hate on a line of spezza alfy heatly. Even if heatly did go to wisconsin, and he did kill a man while driving drunk.

zomg1

Brodeur is going to shatter the record... he is one of the most durable goalies in the league, i think he will play for another 2-3 seasons.. if not more.. thats atleast 60-90 more wins :eek:

shadow

Brodeur is amazing. Purely amazing. I wouldn't be suprised if no one catches the records he will be setting. If anyone does it though, I hope either backstrom, or nabby does it.

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
Brodeur is amazing. Purely amazing. I wouldn't be suprised if no one catches the records he will be setting. If anyone does it though, I hope either backstrom, or nabby does it.

Let's take a moment to congratulate Martin Brodeur on tying Patrick Roy's NHL record for Wins. Martin will attempt to break the record on Tuesday and I will be in attendance.... GO DEVILS!

Hell yes NJ DEVILS BRA!!! Brodeur finally the shutout king and the playoffs are coming fast baby!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yea man avery blows! prediction - fuck nuts says something stupid and blows the op! SUPRISE! not...
Sens are awesome spezaz is just nasty, i wish i had another florida team to root for, like the miami cubanitos on ice? nahhh
brodeur is a pimp with pads on

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yo i was shocked to see pittsburgh have such a bad slump, but no doubt theyve picked up and look as mean as ever. malkin? come on that dudes sick! you guys got a mini all star team! i got love for the penguins, who doesnt that loves hockey right? and with that post deadline aquisition of guerin you guys look play off ready... rangers vs montreal tonight ooh la la nice! and uh panthers better demolish the caps 2 morrow or we might as well start handing out the four tickets for the 2010 season now.

Gans

what do you guys think about that scum bag avery back on the rangers?

Don't really care about the Rangers, but I'm pissed to see avery in the NHL period. The guy is a fucking douchebag and gives our favorite sport a bad name. They should just stick his ass down in the scummiest most gully echl team and leave him there for the rest of his career imo, so we don't have to see his dumb ass ever again.

/rant