What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Kaepernick throws a very accurate long ball, just arcs right into his receiver's hands, in stride, with velocity. He's like Peyton's accuracy combined with cutler's velocity.
Will the Niners go pass happy this season and CK ends up with 5k yards and 40 tds? I guess that depends if their opponents keep selling out on defending the run...

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Kaepernick throws a very accurate long ball, just arcs right into his receiver's hands, in stride, with velocity. He's like Peyton's accuracy combined with cutler's velocity.
Will the Niners go pass happy this season and CK ends up with 5k yards and 40 tds? I guess that depends if their opponents keep selling out on defending the run...

Two things...Kaep threw a bunch of low passes, way off the mark. When he got tired of throwing them too low, he started throwing them too high. He's lucky that Boldin is such a talented receiver.

Let's face it, he's got work to do...but he managed to keep the damage to a minimum...at least he wasn't throwing pick sixes like my man Eli Manning...

Second thing...play calling. They need to either slim down the playbook or they need to work on communication or both. Harbaugh in a presser I heard was saying that "guys weren't lining up where they were supposed to, so we had to waste a time out here and there..."

That is unacceptable. They need to find a fix for that little problem and fast.

P.S. I won my first week of Fantasy by 1 point. I was up by 4 (I think) before the Houston game last night and my opponent had Foster who only got him 3 points....which was surprising.

HB.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I also won a match when my opponent had Foster, who didnt score or have a bunch of yards.
Also lost a match when my starting rb's were mjd and marshawn lynch, who combined for less than 10 pts. Ouch. But that's week one for you.

I watched the Packers/SF game and didnt notice a lot of inaccurate passes from CK. VD dropped a nice long ball that hit him in the hands, but most of the time SF receivers were running free in the GB zones and CK was able to hit them in stride.

Bears are 1-0 and the defense seems ok and the offense doesnt look as bad as it used to. The O-line seems competent for now, but it's early.

Eagles look intriguing, missed the first half of the game but from accounts they played fast, clock wise and speed wise. Vick still has wheels but at 33 can he last 16+ games running the ball? He's tough as anyone but he's a normal sized human playing with giants...

Steelers had a devastating first week, losing 3 players to season ending injury. Most Steeler fans are probably starting to panic, but theyve still got talent on that team and Ben is a 2x SB winning QB so he'll always give you a chance, although he hasn't looked that good with Haley as the playcaller. On the bright side Polamalu looks healthy for the first time in years and the defense should keep them in games.

Detroit looks frisky, with a reliable running game finally. Only took R. Bush like 8 years to fulfill his collegiate promise but he definitely looks like a player.

azez

Veteran
took a beating
no two ways around it props to the sea chickens
never hear me say that again
peace
ez

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, was never really competitive. CK looked mortal last night and probably should have run more, that might have loosened up the coverage. Still finished with almost a 100 on the ground and probably avoided hits by not running more, which is never a bad thing.
couldnt see from the tv but guessing there was no separation all night for his receivers. that tight seattle man coverage is not like that zone that green bay ran.
Niner line is usually the best in the league but didnt look it against the seattle line, which didnt really get hands on ck for the most part but also didnt allow him enough time to look comfortable. Really bad day passing for ck, neg fantasy points. thats mark sanchize territory.
maybe the issue was that ck couldnt progress to his 3rd and 4th reads fast enough? Couldnt tell, but wouldnt doubt that his 3rd and 4th reads were well covered as well. seattle seems to match up well with the sf offense, skill wise and physical wise.
well, whatever it was, if there is a magic elixir to contain ck, it would seem the seahawks have it. if they played next week in san fran, the hawks would probably be favored.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Seattle outplayed us, period.

One bright spot was our defense because even though we got ran on, Wilson didn't have a ton of yards throwing or running. It could have been much, much worse, imho.

Our offense just couldn't get it going...way too tentative play calling...

Colin looked lost....but what are you going to do when they collapse the pocket so quickly? Answer: Run!!! LOL. He just didn't do enough of that, but then again, the guy can't carry the whole team. They stuffed the run and nobody got open because the seahawks secondary is really that good....at least at home playing against the 9ers they are....

Good pressure on the QB....which led to the frustration and the penalties and the hurry up plays and the turnovers....which lead to the ass handing.

Fantasy update: 2-0 in my league so far. RG3 is my starter for now...although I'm tempted to play Cutler instead. Thank God I have a deep team because I'm lacking at QB.

HB.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
picture.php

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
The Niners didn't try to disguise hardly anything against Seattle (incredibly stupid move against a defense that talented who is also at home). They were massively and horribly out coached. CK had the worst game of his career, by far. He did some silly things. I don't expect to ever see him do some of those things again.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Cmon, man, Belichick looks nothing like Palpatine post-Windu ass whooping.
Still funny though.

I think the game at Candlestick will be much closer.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Seattle was undefeated at home last year, the last 2-3 years they've had the biggest home field advantage in the league. Supposedly its almost impossible to hear audibles and plays being called in cause it gets that loud by the fans. Its probably a closer game at candle stick I admit but its looked like the last 3 times they've played Seattle's had their number. I think a lot of it goes back to college days of Jim and Pete hating each other at USC and Stan, anyone remember the game where Stan was a 30 point dog to USC and stan crushed them by about 40, running up the score at the end of the game, Pete had some words after that game and any chance he gets to stick it up Harbaughs ass since then, he does.

PS... Rex Ryan looks identical to Joba the hut.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I like Tampa Bay (the Pats offense is in a shambles now until Gronk and Amendola come back), Detroit (Redskins D is just awful awful, gonna get Shanny fired), and Chicago (Steelers look terrible on offense, wont change until Tomlin dumps Haley for a more innovative OC).

SEA and SF have a good rivalry going, never thought it would be Carroll outcoaching Harbaugh though.

Just stay at home Azez and watch the game on HD.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you guys are chattin' up a lot of football but you know who hasn't been mentioned at all???????

Tony Romo.

I wonder why.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts