What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Romo has a superstar wide receiver who's not an a-hole. Maybe this will be his year. I'd feel better about his chances if that run game wasnt so iffy. And that o-line isnt dominating anyone.
I think Romo wins 1 playoff game, silencing his critics for maybe one more year, unless he happens to make a critical mistake in the second playoff game and they lose, in which case the criticism will never stop.
i almost feel sorry for the guy sometimes.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stoner, I am down for that Romo bet, I've stuck up for the guy this long why the hell stop now?

right on, let's do it.

$50, Romo as QB for both playoff games, however else they get there over the season (or don't) is no concern to me. If they don't reach then no bet & maybe we'll both provide proof of $25 donations to the other so the Humane Society doesn't lose out.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 Monday Night games???

9d06affc-8342-49dd-a3f5-cea167878dff.jpg

3acea3f2-f9b3-4fd1-bfaf-69f434b79265.jpg

===========================

Ottoman, isn't it time for a 2013 Football thread?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks S4L.
I like that NE-Buff matchup, I think NE covers the spread easy. Bills are starting a rookie qb, with a rookie HC (from college no less). Rookie qb and rookie coach vs Brady and Belichick? Psshhhh....

Also, they've had 2 MNF games the last couple years already. Sucks for those on the east coast if they want to stay up and watch the second game, but whatchagunnado?

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Baba, when betting NFL I usually don't start betting til week 5. Since the NFL can be so unpredictable at times I like to just watch the first 4 games because it usually gives me a better feel of each team. I finally learned some patience after all these years of growing I guess you can say. For whatever reason I feel more confident at that point to put money on games. I agree though that NE spread seems pretty safe, i kinda like NO -3 too. I feel like who dat got something to prove this year and Sean Payton I believe is a great coach at home.

Stoner I am all for a 2013 thread, I'd like to see someone else start it up this year. We had lots of guys in here that kept this thread alive the whole year which I thought was pretty cool.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
NO and Payton will take their revenge on the league this year, but the Falcons are a complete team, a SB contender in the same class as SF, SEA, GB and yes NO.

Game's at the Superdome, so the crowd will be rolling and rollicking, but the Falcons are a tough out for anyone, and NO still has an average defense at best. Last year they gave up the most yards in league history, so even average will be a good improvement.
Maybe it'll be a push?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Got Kaepernick in one league with Pryor as his backup. Who do you think will finish with more fantasy points, Kaepernick or T. Pryor?
Lol.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
So 1st game of the season tonight! Should be a decent game too, I have to admit I like Balt with the points this game. Denver has a better O I think most people will agree but I feel like Baltimore's D is better than last years superbowl D. They lose Kruguer at d-end and replace him with Elvis D, T Suggs is finally healthy again, Webb is healtly again, New Safeties Micheal Huff and rookie Matt Elam, and more D line help with Chris Canty and Marcus Spears. On the other hand Denver's D is lacking right now with Champ hurt and Miller suspended. I'll take Balt +7.5......

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Titans O-Line looks way better plowing holes wide open... Kenny Britt is looking explosive again... Shonne Greene is going to be Lendale White and keep CJ2K highly motivated

The upgraded line I think is gonna help him a lot.

I think he goes for 2,000 all purpose rushing/reciving yards

Vick if you can add his stats over preseason and add it to one game... like 385 yards passing and 100+ yards rushing... with Rg3 coming from injury and Cam Newton trying to play more of pocket passer this season..Vick will be the best Rushing QB.... I see Vick if he stays healthy...which is a big IF easily jumps into the top 5 QB's... a couple of seasons ago...he was the #1 Fantasy Football Player

Kaepernick is a better fantasy pick. It's unlikely Vick plays 16 games.

Calvin owned the league last year with Zero Help in the running game and only ended up 5 total touchdowns while racking up 1900+ yards... Reggie looking primed to explode like Marshall Faulk in his prime... I see Calvin getting way more 1 on 1 coverage... and we all know how that's going to end... He's like Shaq... 1 on 1 your never going to win...

They threw the ball over 700 times though. I don't think they really want to throw it that much. He'll have another great season, I doubt he'll repeat what he did last year in terms of yardage. Look for more TDs though.

T.O even has a lower IQ than CJ2K and was one of the best to ever play the game hands down...not to mention you ever listen so Adrian Peterson Speak?

TO isn't stupid, just emotionally unstable beyond all belief. If you ever read about his child hood it was pretty fucked up on many levels. But yeah, if you're a freak athlete smarts aren't necessary for success.

Football IQ for a Running Back is not needed ... That's more for the QB.. Backs just need to be physically gifted and being that CJ2k has the fastest 40 time ever at the combine... 4.24 and has had a 2,000 yard season under his belt... I cant see anything indicating this guy doesn't go off this year... he always stays healthy too...

Yeah, CJ has impressed me with his health as well. Running back is a very instinctual position. Generally if guys suck their first year there's nothing that's going to cause them to improve in their second. Gore isn't a particularly intelligent player but he has great instincts and vision.

[quote[
In PPR Reggie and CJ2k are primed for Top 5 RB's..[/quote]

Not as big a Bush fan as you are. Old with injury history.

Now Andrew Luck...that's Football IQ for that ass... he's got the chance to the Numero Uno QB this year... With Bradshaw in the backfield and Hayward-Bey looking sick in his contract year... I see big things from Luck... once in a generation type of Talent

If Luck is once in a generation, Kaepernick is once in a century. Luck isn't the most talented QB from last year, let alone the past 2. Great prospect. Overrated.

Kaepernick was the fastest, had the strongest arm and was the most accurate of any QB sports science has ever tested.

Just sayin.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Baba, when betting NFL I usually don't start betting til week 5. Since the NFL can be so unpredictable at times I like to just watch the first 4 games because it usually gives me a better feel of each team. I finally learned some patience after all these years of growing I guess you can say. For whatever reason I feel more confident at that point to put money on games. I agree though that NE spread seems pretty safe, i kinda like NO -3 too. I feel like who dat got something to prove this year and Sean Payton I believe is a great coach at home.

Stoner I am all for a 2013 thread, I'd like to see someone else start it up this year. We had lots of guys in here that kept this thread alive the whole year which I thought was pretty cool.

Smart moves. Although you can do really well betting early. I almost won a shit load of money in 2011. I put cash on the Niners winning the Superbowl before training camp even opened. I knew they were a massively talented team that had underachieved in a weak division.

I cried when Williams fumbled the second time and when the refs didn't properly call the fumble a fumble. I'm actually more concerned about the refs than I am the Niners opposition these days. Anyway that's another issue.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
So 1st game of the season tonight! Should be a decent game too, I have to admit I like Balt with the points this game. Denver has a better O I think most people will agree but I feel like Baltimore's D is better than last years superbowl D. They lose Kruguer at d-end and replace him with Elvis D, T Suggs is finally healthy again, Webb is healtly again, New Safeties Micheal Huff and rookie Matt Elam, and more D line help with Chris Canty and Marcus Spears. On the other hand Denver's D is lacking right now with Champ hurt and Miller suspended. I'll take Balt +7.5......

Agreed on Baltimore. I was pretty surprised to see the spread on that one. Must be a lot of Denver fans betting heavily.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Kaepernick is solid...but overrated a bit.... Vick in a Chip Kelly Offense will put up more Fantasy Points than Colin K... San Fran has a Good D that will keep them running the ball a lot in games... Philly has no D... Vick will be playing a lot trying to keep them in games..

Health will always be Vick's drawback....

Luck is better than Kaepernick... you guys give this guy a lot of props...he reminds me of Kordell Stewart .....

Luck with no Run game and Shitty Defense took that team 11-5.... and joined the 4,000+ yard club as a rookie... that's pretty insane

Reggie Bush had back 2 back healthy seasons and with 1,000 yard+ seasons in both .. Have you watch pre-season at all dude? Bush looks like he's going to catch 100+ balls this year like Ladanian Tomlinson back in the day or Marshal Faulk...

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
The most important muscle movement a QB will make, is with his brain.

Just sayin!

I'm glad football is back! :ying:

Fortunately he scored highly on the wonderlic and has his degree. First year starting - Superbowl.

His college career he only improved consistently. He was a multisport star in high school who did not focus completely on any. Drafted highly to pitch because he had a 93mph fastball in high school.

Decided on football but only got one D1 offer for a scholarship. Took Nevada from nothing to a team that no one wanted to play and a bowl game. Consistent and steady improvement every year. First start he was throw into the fire and put up insane numbers basically on raw talent.

The kid should have been the top pick in that draft (and I said it before the draft too) and that speaks volumes given the talent level of that same draft.

Consistently shown to rebound from tough situations and plays well in big games.

He had an identical score to Luck on the Wonderlic. For whatever that's worth. Both clearly have excellent heads for the position.

At the end of the day anything can happen because of the mental side of the game, but from what we've seen thus far - the field is simply bigger for Kaepernick than it is for the rest of the league because not only does he have the strongest arm in the league - he can also scramble around a buy time to give his receivers more time if necessary or to avoid the rush.

:dance013:

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Luck's team was the worst 11-5 team in history. We'll see if they repeat. He had a lot of weapons in the passing game as well. They have upgraded their defense in the off season.

Both RJF and Haralson are solid players. I'd be curious to see what RJF does with reps. He didn't get as many as he deserved in SF where we overextend our defense quite substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts