What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I don't think that's fair to Romo, sure he's only won one playoff game in several years as a starter but his stats are way better than the Sanchize. Romo is prone to turnovers at the worst possible time but he's not a human TO machine like Mark...

Now that Fitzgerald has a real QB to get him the ball, he'll go back to being a top 5 or top 3 WR; hopefully those days of getting 1 or 2 catches a game for 15-20 yards are behind him. His fantasy owners will thank him.

Bush is a legit RB but I doubt he's going to get 1500 yds on the ground; the 12 td's is definitely in reach, and if anything I'd go over on the 500 yards. His pass catching ability out of the backfield reminds me of a young Marshall Faulk...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Colin Kaepernick showing off his tats.

picture.php

Just kidding. Aaron Hernandez has been charged with murder and is being held without bail. Oh, and he was also fired.
Pretty bad day for him. I wish him luck, he'll need it.

He was one hell of TE/WR hybrid but dude apparently couldnt put the thug life behind him

The prosecutor laid out a pretty damning case at his arraignment today

I doubt the dude will ever see the outside of a cage again...

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Pats are in deep deep trouble with their passing game... as of right now their #1 WR hasn't even played a full season healthy yet as #1 and Gronk is one hit away from crumbling...

Time to sign T.O...Randy Moss... Ocho Stanko .. .. Don't the Pats turn bad guys into good guys :)

NE's Running Game is going to be a Fantasy Football Heaven... All Aboard the Ridley Express!

Im glad I wait until the last pre-season game to do all my FF Drafts...

Killer Boy was in a for a MONSTER season being Bradys Numero Uno .. I had him high on my list ..

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I hear they're going to convert him to wide receiver in the prison league right after they sign him to a contract worth 25 to life

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think that's fair to Romo, sure he's only won one playoff game in several years as a starter but his stats are way better than the Sanchize. Romo is prone to turnovers at the worst possible time but he's not a human TO machine like Mark...

I really agree 100% w/the meat of those comments, Romo is WAY better than Sanchez could ever hope to be but Sanchez took advantage of opportunities while Romo's squandered them.

Romo NEVER accepts blame for blowing games on his own. Cowboys leading in final minutes @ end of a division rival game, he overthrows Miles Austin and then blamed Miles for losing it in the lights. Bullshit!!! I don't care if Miles had XRay vision, an overthrown ball is an overthrown ball, Romo missed an open receiver in stride.

Because of the missed pass (Cowboys would have retained possession) the opposition went on to score in the final seconds. The Cowboys were OUT of the playoffs w/the loss. In the post-game press conference he blamed it on Miles losing it in the lights, I heard that shit myself.

If he does not accept & learn from his mistakes his immaturity and denials will keep him from bettering himself.

At the same time I watched a game where the Cowboys truly lucked into a win in a game that Romo had already thrown away, post game interview has him grinning like the village idiot claiming "anyway we put 1 in the win column is great!" AGAIN not manning up to his really fucked up performance that day.

Now I'm gonna rest my case by reminding you of this, he mingled with grade 'C' celebrities like Jessica Simpson; he strives for and attains less than mediocrity on & off the field.

OK, that being said he's got great legs while scrambling in the pocket, completes a shitload of passes even after being chased out of the pocket and has a really strong arm, he's got great numbers but he just can't close the deal. Even though he's got a strong 2 minute drill he struggles coming down the stretch nearly every time. He wouldn't be so well practiced in the 2 minute drill if he wasn't coming from behind more often than he should.

If he ever leads the Cowboys to the Superbowl it will likely be on the talent & fresh legs of some hot new unstoppable running back, but when he does get to the big dance his weaknesses will prevail.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Poor Romo, the haters keep piling on. And they obviously have a point, but sometimes I wonder if he would come through more if more people just had his back.
I think it's bad luck/timing more than anything that has caused him to fail so far, but as statisticians would say, there is always regression to the mean, so maybe he'll have a stretch of good luck coming these next few years and will be able to pull out some playoff victories.
Like Tom Brady winning 3 superbowls in 4 years, that was a streak aided by some good luck, and then losing his last 2 superbowls, he had some back luck there (the helmet catch, the Welker drop, the Manningham catch).
So, you know, these things kind of have a way of correcting themselves.
I wouldn't have a problem drafting Romo, especially in my 2 QB fantasy league. Their offense is loaded with Bryant a top 5 WR imo, and if Witten, Austin and Murray stay healthy they'll be a top 5 offense in scoring/yards. The defense has some talent but is inconsistent, but maybe the cover 2 genius Monte Kiffin will help in that regard, make them a bend but don't break defense. Just keep the opposing team to 20 points or less and they should outscore most of their opponents.

As for Hernandez, the case being built against him seems to be getting stronger, now they're scooping up people who were accessories to the crime. If they sing like birds, maybe AH needs to start thinking plea? If they'll even offer a reasonable deal...
Don't know what he was involved in, but sounds like it was pretty serious sh!$. A double murder in 2012? Was he some sort of drug kingpin on the side? Kind of like Sam Hurd with the Bears, except AH was the real life Marlowe, ordering killings left and right...

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Poor Romo, the haters keep piling on. And they obviously have a point, but sometimes I wonder if he would come through more if more people just had his back.
I think it's bad luck/timing more than anything that has caused him to fail so far, but as statisticians would say, there is always regression to the mean, so maybe he'll have a stretch of good luck coming these next few years and will be able to pull out some playoff victories.
Like Tom Brady winning 3 superbowls in 4 years, that was a streak aided by some good luck, and then losing his last 2 superbowls, he had some back luck there (the helmet catch, the Welker drop, the Manningham catch).
So, you know, these things kind of have a way of correcting themselves.
I wouldn't have a problem drafting Romo, especially in my 2 QB fantasy league. Their offense is loaded with Bryant a top 5 WR imo, and if Witten, Austin and Murray stay healthy they'll be a top 5 offense in scoring/yards. The defense has some talent but is inconsistent, but maybe the cover 2 genius Monte Kiffin will help in that regard, make them a bend but don't break defense. Just keep the opposing team to 20 points or less and they should outscore most of their opponents.

As for Hernandez, the case being built against him seems to be getting stronger, now they're scooping up people who were accessories to the crime. If they sing like birds, maybe AH needs to start thinking plea? If they'll even offer a reasonable deal...
Don't know what he was involved in, but sounds like it was pretty serious sh!$. A double murder in 2012? Was he some sort of drug kingpin on the side? Kind of like Sam Hurd with the Bears, except AH was the real life Marlowe, ordering killings left and right...

dude he didn't order anything,he pulled the trigger twice in 2012 and once in 2013 that's not to mention the friend he shot in the face.hes getting life and deserves it. they already denied him bail
and then denied his appeal

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Jerry Jones

Jerry Jones

"Romo has the kind of skills, by everyone that has ever been around him, to do what we're asking him to do. I don't mind telling you, it'd be tough to go there if you didn't have Jason who has been involved and right there as quote, if you will, 'the safety net' as to how we're going to not only put the team together, but what we're doing offensively, make no mistake about it."

"I look to the future with Jason, not just through his contract that we're sitting here with right now. I think he has a couple of years left on his contract, but that's not a thought."It is not what is implied when you say, 'This is an Armaggedon year for him.' It's not that with me."

Jerry Jones on the state of the Cowboys as they open camp.
I'm glad he's not my owner. The guy simply can't get out of his own way. No wonder he's never had a coach last longer than 5years.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
picture.php

Percy Harvin will have surgery for a torn hip labrum and will probably miss at least the first half of the regular season.
Both Seattle and San Fran are without their #1 wideouts for much of the season. So I guess that makes it even.

How does this affect Harvin's ranking in fantasy football? Is he now a 10th or later round pick, or goes undrafted entirely?

Call me silly, but I still think Russell Wilson will put up some good passing numbers this year, even without Harvin and possibly Rice, who's undergoing some German knee treatment right now.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I hate to say it but I told you Percy can't stay healthy, hell of a player when he is on the field. I think this hurts Seattle big time, much more then Rice and his knee pains. I don't think their is even a player in the league that you can compare to him, he's a threat in the pass and run game equally. I agree that Russell should still be in good shape because of his mobility and high IQ. Still though he needs pieces around him if he wants a real chance at a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts