What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
ss....that's what it was my bad...that's why i was thinking broncos would be so deadly...welker will be a good target for pm though. gonna have to edit that but broncs are still the contender for the afc in my mind.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Peyton to Welker is going to be money....not to to mention Welker is going to help the other WR's understand how to play the game better... and Demaryius Thomas/ Eric Decker already awsome.... come to think of it... Denver in a 3 WR Set will be very tough to cover...

Thomas is going to explode this year with Welker and Decker taking Defenders away...

Peyton Manning did some crazy shit with his Harrison/Wayne/Stokely combo years back

joe guy

image.jpg
Sorry I couldn't resist posting the field goal bubba

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
He's a few years younger than Ray Lewis, but when they were both at their peak I thought Urlacher was a bigger, stronger Lewis, just as fast. It was amazing watching a guy that big run that fast, keeping up with DB's...
At this point, unless he wins a ring, i don't know if he's HOF material though.
He might sign with the Vikings or Packers, would be sad to see him suit up for a division rival, but it's a business...

Yeah, but Lewis hasn't been any good for a few years now. He was awful last year. Urlacher hasn't had a bad year in his career though.

It would be sad if he didn't make the HOF IMO.

Hard to make the HOF as a defender/lineman in the NFL though. I don't put that much stock in it.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's always interesting when some team 'wins' the offseason, but that's still no guarantee of success (see Philadelphia Eagles 2011).
But it's hard not to think of SF, SEA and DEN being elite teams again next year, if not even better. All 3 have hard-working, play-making QB's, and good defenses.

Lewis couldn't cover a fullback on a pass pattern at this point but he could still hit a gap and stuff a run, and was able to contribute to a championship team. It is sad that defensive players are under-represented in the HOF but that's how it is, the glory goes to the guys with the ball in their hands. Fathers, don't let your sons grow up to be defensive players (although, good ones still get paid a bunch of money, so it's not all bad).

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
He had the worst run stop rate of any MLB in the league. (Lewis)

My kid will be a kicker. lol.

Maybe you move around a lot, but you can play for a long time at a reasonable salary and not be brain dead/physically disabled at the end of it all.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hard to think of Ray Lewis as being detrimental to his team's defense, but maybe they'll be better with him out of the middle. I guess when babies that were born during your rookie year are now seniors in high school, you know you've been in the league a long time...

Atlanta is putting together a nice team, signing Osi Umenyiora and Steven Jackson, among others. They might snag the #1 seed again, if SEA or SF don't...

SF should bite the bullet and trade draft picks for Revis Island, once they make sure he's recovered from his knee injury. A lockdown corner on an already top 5 defense? Watch out...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
SF picked up Nnamdi Asomugha on a nonguaranteed contract. Good steal if he can regain his form. Now all they need is another safety; is anyone sad Dashon Goldson signed elsewhere?

Tony Romo got 55mill guaranteed from the Cowboys, 3 mil more than Flacco (although i think he has to be on the roster in a year or two to get all 55). No one liked the deal, but apparently the Cowboys needed to free up cap space and had to make a deal with their highest paid player in order to get as much of it as they could.
No one believes in Romo, but he puts up numbers. Maybe he'll pull it together and start winning some playoff games. The D's gonna have to play better for that as well, and they change d-coordinators like some people change shoes...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The power outage during the Super Bowl gave me a great idea for a Law and Order episode. The power goes out at the Super Bowl. Once the power is restored, they discover Jim Nantz murdered in the broadcast booth. The kicker line by the police before the Law and Order theme starts: "Goodbye friend," playing off Nantz's famous "Hello friends" introduction to games. The police believe Phil Simms is the murderer, until they discover a blood stained, white Ravens' jersey in a locker room garbage can. The number on the jersey … 52. Ray Lewis is awarded the Super Bowl MVP a few weeks later because the Super Bowl was delayed due to Nantz's murder. As Lewis is giving his acceptance speech, the police arrest him in front of 80,000 people. Then, he's convicted of murdering Nantz. The final lines of the episode after Lewis is sentenced to life in prison: ADA "He thinks he'll get out on parole." Jack McCoy "Get out on Parole … ? To quote the Raven, 'Never more.'" This is either the best or worst idea I've ever had.
—Paiul Vogl, Chicago

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
baba- resigning goldson was at the top of things i wanted the 9ers to take care of, im really gonna miss those hits!

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Hard to think of Ray Lewis as being detrimental to his team's defense, but maybe they'll be better with him out of the middle. I guess when babies that were born during your rookie year are now seniors in high school, you know you've been in the league a long time...

The man is old. It happens to most of them. Except it seems Darrell Green and Bruce Matthews.

Atlanta is putting together a nice team, signing Osi Umenyiora and Steven Jackson, among others. They might snag the #1 seed again, if SEA or SF don't...

We'll see about Osi. Guy has serious questions about his health. Jackson still has quite a bit to offer IMO, even if only for a little longer. He definitely makes them more dangerous. They massively overachieved last year though IMO as a whole.

SF should bite the bullet and trade draft picks for Revis Island, once they make sure he's recovered from his knee injury. A lockdown corner on an already top 5 defense? Watch out...

No thanks. Rather keep the picks personally. We seem to do well with them. We also already have an extremely deep and talented group of corners. Despite what happened in the Superbowl we had a top pass defense and faced a lot of elite QB's last year. We'd be a lot better off signing a guy like Abraham for cheap (as it seems he will come cheap as he hasn't signed yet) to improve our passrushing depth.

We also need to rotate our DL. Last year RJF was a good player when in there for us. But we barely used him. We need a solid rotation we ask too much of our DL.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
SF picked up Nnamdi Asomugha on a nonguaranteed contract. Good steal if he can regain his form. Now all they need is another safety; is anyone sad Dashon Goldson signed elsewhere?

Tony Romo got 55mill guaranteed from the Cowboys, 3 mil more than Flacco (although i think he has to be on the roster in a year or two to get all 55). No one liked the deal, but apparently the Cowboys needed to free up cap space and had to make a deal with their highest paid player in order to get as much of it as they could.
No one believes in Romo, but he puts up numbers. Maybe he'll pull it together and start winning some playoff games. The D's gonna have to play better for that as well, and they change d-coordinators like some people change shoes...

While I'm not sure I would have given him that much cash personally, I do think Romo is a guy who gets far more blame than he deserves.

His head coach is a full on idiot and the roster is paper thin almost everywhere except at the offensive skill positions and LB.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
While I'm not sure I would have given him that much cash personally, I do think Romo is a guy who gets far more blame than he deserves.

His head coach is a full on idiot and the roster is paper thin almost everywhere except at the offensive skill positions and LB.

What? But he went to Princeton! So that makes him smart, or something.
Maybe he's too smart for his own good. I think overcoaching is rampant in the NFL.

Is Osi injury-prone? If his ankle is right, he's probably the best at his position at forcing fumbles. They should have some good battles with the Saints for mastery of the division.

Ah, Darrell Green, the 40 year old DB who could still run a 4.3. Amazing player. Maybe he was ahead of his time with the PEDs. If so, he's a smart man.

Yeah, I seem to recall Goldson giving up some big plays in the playoffs. Didn't Julio burn him twice in the conference championship? Hard hitter, and can catch the ball if its thrown right to him but is too often caught looking into the backfield, giving up cringe-inducing pass plays.

Who's RJF?

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Ricky Jean Francois. Signed with the Colts I think.

The Cowboys line up and run the same plays over and over and over. They have enough talent to do this (QB/WR/TE etc) but man, it's really not that smart and it definitely costs them against teams that can match up to their receivers.

No shifting, no nothing. You'd think a former QB would get it a bit better - how to help out the team etc.

They also have a propensity to abandon the run before the game even starts.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Lovie Smith once said before a season started: 'we're going to get off the bus running'. That was when Mike Martz was OC, and most of the running that took place was Cutler running for his life after attempting a 7 step drop.

NFL draft is 10 days away. Not a sexy draft by any means but it will be interesting to see what teams do, who they draft and any trades that happen...

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Jarvis Jones dropped to 17 but wound up at the best possible place for a olb. look out raven's fans cause this beast is going to terrorize Flacco for a lot of years.

azez

Veteran
Last weekend I became aware that I said a few things that could be inferred as derogatory towards the ravens lol
I apologize to my raven friends and thank you for letting me slide
Peace
Ez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts