What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
I dont know how many days exactly pops but i know its been more than a couple weeks. I was pretty irritable yesterday. When it gets nicer out im gonna get a bench and some weights. Ive been sleeping good but im tired all the time. probably the meds. Quitting drinking is one of the hardest things ive ever done. Its not forever. Theres a few bands i wanna see coming up like Chicago and Steely Dan. Im definitely drinking for that. Also next month Here come The Mummies is gonna be in my town. They are freaking awesome. They might even be a better horn band than Chicago. You should check them out on youtube. I cant imagine anyone NOT liking them. They are funny and good as hell!

So the Steelers have Fields and Wilson huh? I didnt care for Fields but the Bears just suck at picking QBs. Im scared to see who they come up with next

buzzmobile

Veteran
Hey hawk hey buzz hey poprocks hey bababooey!
Good morning, @D. B. Doober
It is a chilly start here and there's a fire in the wood stove. I'll keep a slow fire going today and through tomorrow morning. Then it will be warming up nicely.

Grocery shopping in a little while and not sure what I'll do the rest of the day. I have a NCAA bracket to fill out and send off to my uncle who has been running a tourney for 22 years. I won a few years ago.

It's a Major Trophy
1710844542237.jpeg

Yuk yuk
:D
Did you serve in the Navy then, Buzz? I think you would have done well if you had been drafted. Maybe been an ideal special forces candidate. Independent, quick thinker, not easily rattled, doesnt mind getting dirty or living outdoors, and a surprising capacity for violence when threatened.
Yes I did. There are a number of tests administered before enlisting and during boot camp to start categorizing the recruits. I tested well.
Buzz what did you do in the navy?
Not a thing.
When I enlisted I was given an E-3 rating instead of E-1 and a guaranteed choice of A school. The Navy has a program for advancing sailors to officers that they wanted me to enter and add 2 more years. I declined. Neither of us was happy after I declined.

Take care of yourself, @shithawk420 . You are right about the difficulty. Less is better than a lot. Keep going.

MamaD and I met up with friends for dinner. I had some crispy fried grouper, fries and slaw. The grouper was excellent, fries were too salty, and the slaw was good. I had a Golden Oldie cocktail because I am one. It was a tasty rendition of a whiskey sour.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
It's a Cuisinart air fryer with the glass door on the front. It does make good fries and stuff but it does miracle work with vegetables and sirloin steaks.
IMG_20240319_073528928.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Good morning Buzz how's it going so they give you E3 status huh and wanted you to go to a school I got out as an e2 and I never ended up going to a school kept getting in trouble and having a school delayed was going to be a Gunner's mate

buzzmobile

Veteran
Good morning Buzz how's it going so they give you E3 status huh and wanted you to go to a school I got out as an e2 and I never ended up going to a school kept getting in trouble and having a school delayed was going to be a Gunner's mate
Yes they did.

It's study time. Find the pizza steel.
20240318_070938.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey nice harvest buzz! What strain something from down south? Bet it'll be good! 👍 I have a cleaning at the dentist this morning, on my way now. Going through Harvard right now. They're rowing.
IMG_20240319_085328568.jpg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Steaks and chops, that's some good eating hawk. What were your sides? Are you baking potatoes on the grill too?
Yeah DB getting back to a reasonable diet is key to losing weight, still got like 40lbs to lose now? At least youre still getting your steps in.
Dipping back into the dip isnt great but i guess you have to wean yourself off the nicotine first, hopefully you can get it down to a can a week and then it should be easy to quit from there.

Hawk is right that's a good looking steak for being air fried. Maybe u should buy one, Hawk. U dont get that wood smoke flavor but it's much more convenient, especially when it's cold/raining. Do u have to clean it a lot, DB? It always leaves behind a good amount of grease when frying something fatty.

A friend of mine is a Fields truther and didnt want to see him go but after nearly 3 years of starting the fact is he's a terrible passer vs good defenses. Like da bears struggle to score 10pts against a good D. That aint gonna cut it.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Steaks and chops, that's some good eating hawk. What were your sides? Are you baking potatoes on the grill too?
Yeah DB getting back to a reasonable diet is key to losing weight, still got like 40lbs to lose now? At least youre still getting your steps in.
Dipping back into the dip isnt great but i guess you have to wean yourself off the nicotine first, hopefully you can get it down to a can a week and then it should be easy to quit from there.

Hawk is right that's a good looking steak for being air fried. Maybe u should buy one, Hawk. U dont get that wood smoke flavor but it's much more convenient, especially when it's cold/raining. Do u have to clean it a lot, DB? It always leaves behind a good amount of grease when frying something fatty.

A friend of mine is a Fields truther and didnt want to see him go but after nearly 3 years of starting the fact is he's a terrible passer vs good defenses. Like da bears struggle to score 10pts against a good D. That aint gonna cut it.
Well you have to be reasonable with cleaning it I mean there's some leftover marinade from last night's steak all over there in the air fryer but I'm not going to clean it and I'm going to cook some shrimp in a little bit I'm pretty sure it won't start smoking
Yeah still stuck around 260 can't seem to get under there

shithawk420

Veteran
Nice room buzz! really eclectic! got bows and arrows and are those blue Polaroids? Cant find the pizza steel

I just sliced some potatoes with onions,oil and garlic and some spices wrapped in foil baba.should of cut up some peppers. I got some chicken thighs to bbq but its too damn windy. got salmon to grill too.

I dont need an airfryer for steak. I can make a mean steak on a skillet but i gotta get a cast iron. I had a cheap Black and Decker airfryer shit on me. The door just came off. I would like to get a nice Ninja combo thing but they are expensive. I dont have money for that.

keep at it doob. you will get there. still got this beer gut i gotta get rid of

shithawk420

Veteran
i like just garlic and butter myself. Could do a teriyaki marinade or what i would probably do is glaze it and make some rice or something. Havent fucked around with shrimp too much but i do like it. Especially beer battered. sorry i cant be more help doob

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so spring has sprung and its a beautiful day here in socal!
might have to break out some short in the next few days if this nice weather keeps up

oh wow buzz! that is a cool looking study
dude im totally digging on that pink cut out bird thing!
watch out for all that pot hanging in there, those look like some nice flowers
is the pizza plate that black square in the lower left? i also saw a cool dog mug on the table
grouper is good eating fish man and i am a sucker for anything with the name crispy fried!

how are the shrimp prepared doobah? are they still in the shell or already peeled
got any old bay? you can butterfly those things and give them a spread with some old bay mixed with oil and they will crisp up nice
you can also let them soak in the oil and seasoning mix before putting them into the air fryer
thats what i would do on a grill and then use the left over oil mix to baste them as they cook
im not a fan of shrimp myself but i like them fried especially if they are then tossed in a sauce
dredge those suckers in some corn starch and the give them a quick fry, make a sauce out of (well anything you like, teriyaki or a sweet and sour come to mind) and toss the cooked shrimp in that
and you cant go wrong with scampi like hawk said

im not a fan of fields but he might be able to make a come back after a year of seasoning under russ
/will russ even last the full season?
pit has a solid defense and i like the add of russ and fields to the roster

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I like the idea of using oil and Old Bay seasoning poprocks. Crispy sounds delicious. I came across a few recipes that said soy sauce and honey believe it or not in a marinade I might do that or I only have five shrimp though I can't use both recipes

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
i like just garlic and butter myself. Could do a teriyaki marinade or what i would probably do is glaze it and make some rice or something. Havent fucked around with shrimp too much but i do like it. Especially beer battered. sorry i cant be more help doob
I'm going with garlic honey and soy sauce and some other herbs

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I'm going with that Old Bay recipe next time. I mixed up some garlic fresh garlic chopped up in the blender and some basil and some honey and soy sauce and oil and use that for marinade it's the shrimp is in the fridge right now marinating 30 minutes