What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

/baba notices bulge in my pants
dont mind me packing heat, im a pretty good shot
/what permit do the thugs carry, i want that one
hey its cool man i live in california where we control our population at home depot; me and the mrs just got a new shop vac
/pops goes too far

just have to add this
https://www.icmag.com/media/no-need-to-bring-ink-and-paperi-nto-this.17065967/
not a fish taco but classic socal style
double wrapped fresh tortilla with quality ingredients
/those look like carne asada
but a good taco is a wonderful thing
not a sandwich but still a wonderful thing

pops descends further into madness
/eta: nsfw, vulgar content, dirty dirty south beach sounds

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Some good food there @Bababooey That steak and cheese/Italian beef sub looks good. $6? Can't beat that. They're charging $12 for a large sub down the street.
We ended up skipping E.T. and went to IHOP. It was pretty hot yesterday. I don't see the Celtics doing much next year...what a letdown though. All that for nothing. Tatum and his turnovers.
Hey @pop_rocks how's it going man? Weekend is here! High 80's!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You can basically call a taco the Mexican or central American version of a sandwich, if you consider a tortilla their version of bread.
Those tacos in that pic look fire for sure. Plenty of onion and cilantro. They seem like the really small tortillas, so each taco is like 2 good bites, but those are good if you don’t want food coma. And is that a fish taco with the tomatoes on top? Would that platter be $15 or more like $20?

I would think a firearm would be useful when hiking or camping, against wildlife and such. But I guess it’s more peace of mind than anything, you can step around rattlesnakes, bears might be nosy if there’s food but rarely attack humans, etc.

That was the price a year or more ago DB Im sure it went up at least a dollar since then. You ever go to Wawa’s for subs? I hear theyre pretty decent and reasonably priced.
I think Tatum set the most record for most turnovers in one playoff season but he was 1st team All-NBA and he might win an MVP in the future. He’ll get better at play-making and their defense is still going to be top notch so they’ll continue to be in the mix for a title but ur right, there’s a lot of competition in the East.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
finally some nfl action
the browns are going to be browns
it looks like d.watts is looking at a minimum 1y suspension at least by the nfl but there was language regarding something longer
/i think one full year will be the ruling
but what about baker? will the browns expect him to start and play his best
/or are the going to run iwth j.brissete
what about all the shade they threw on him when they signed watson? the dumpster fire just got hotter
all around nice guy warren sapp mentioned how the kaep work out was crap!
i know a lot of people think he is a dirt bag but where is the tape of kaeps work out he had with the raiders?
i carry a small knife when i camp most of the time, a para frame flipper about 4" long; i also have a kbar camp knife but it is a little too crocodile dundee for an edc, hiking blade
the crkt knife is a good utility knife and comes in handy often, plus enough to be dangerous if i had to get all stabby
you aretn going to shoot a rattler for the most part, esp on a hike
im no quick draw macgraw and to shoot at a bear with a small caliber handgun would not be smart
a hand gun would come in handy against bums and hillbillys but i dont worry about them
its in the city people need to protect themselves
/what, you think the cops are going to save you?
luckily pops is kind of a big guy and i have very heavy hands
im not like imposing or anything like that but not soemone you would want to mess with according to the mrs
/shes seen me in action and does not like it one bit
yes! that is a fish taco
they usually cost around 2-3$$/ea depending on the toppings
they have the crazy kinds like lengua and things like that
a mexican sandwcih is called a torta
hope everyone is starting their week of right and enjoying their monday

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
All signs point to Kaepernick’s NFL prospects being slim and none and slim just left town, but then again nathan Peterman still keeps getting backup jobs and that guy’s most noteworthy nfl accomplishment is throwing 5 int’s in one half.
Supposedly he still trains early in the morning most days, keeping himself in pro shape. Good for him but all the running QBs nowadays are at least average or above average passers if theyre starters. Guys like tyrod taylor and jacoby brissette are somewhat below average passers like kaepernick and theyre backup/spot starter quality. It would be interesting if someone does sign him as a backup and with injuries he gets playing time; what if he does well? Goodell’s head might explode haha.

You make a good point, Pop, that maybe the browns will want to keep baker if Watson is suspended for the entire season. I doubt baker wants to play for them but it might be in his best interest to do so, if he has a good season he can rehabilitate his value and more teams will want to trade for him or sign him to a big deal in 2023. We’ll see what happens, I think watson’s disciplinary hearing starts tomorrow.

Yeah im thinking the vast majority of hikers/campers in the lower 48 don’t carry firearms, maybe in places like Alaska where grizzlies and such aren’t uncommon some sort of gun is recommended but ur right, a handgun vs a decent size bear isn’t a great equalizer, if you shoot them in the head at close range enough times they’ll go down but is that before or after they fillet you down to the bone?

I used to avoid tortas at Mexican restaurants cause I thought why would I go to a Mexican restaurant for a sandwich but it really is not like an American sandwich, they’ll use all the regular fillings from tacos/burritos and with the beans and guac it really is distinct from an American style sandwich. Still I almost always go for tacos or burritos when im at such places but that probably needs to change.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

i dont eat many tortas either but they are good but there are a lot of good latin sandwiches to choose from
a good cubano is awesome and there is a mexican cousin called media noche (middle of the night) that is pretty good too
so a taco is not a sandwich!
the mrs has been trying to baffle me lately with these weird questions
how many holes does a straw have and things like that
i was just chilling and she just leaves me with these things to think about
i could see people up north carrying guns not just for bears
but you would look like a weirdo if you were packing heat on most trails, its like why are you toting iron
a good stick would be nice, like one of those heavy wood walking sticks
it keeps you at a good stand off distance from snakes/ wild animals plus would put a big ol knot on your head if you hit someone with it
the browns might try and offer baker more money or some kind of "extension" if he balls out
but does he have the locker room on his side, whats up wit the leadership there
cle is screwed and its all a sh!tpile they laid for themselves

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ive probably had a Cubano sandwich once or twice before but not in a while, they’ve become popular enough that your local upscale sandwich place or gastropub might sell a version of it, don’t necessarily need to go to a Cuban restaurant to find one.
There’s something called a jibarito which is a Puerto rican sandwich using fried and pressed plantains as the bread slices. It was supposedly created in Chicago and used steak as the original filling but pork and chicken are common as well. Im pretty sure Ive had that before too but not in many years.

Haha, are tacos sandwiches? Is a hot dog a sandwich?
I think there was some federal trademark case or something that said a sandwich is meat between 2 slices of bread, so by that definition a taco nor a hot dog would be a sandwich. But then again anything served on a split but not fully cut roll would not be a sandwich. And a burger would be a sandwich under that definition. So confusing.
My very general definition would be a sandwich is any bread or grain wrapping surrounding a filling of meat/cheese/vegetables, to be picked up and eaten by hand. The sandwich was said to be invented by the Earl of Sandwich so he could eat while gambling so imho any food that can be eaten by hand so as to be less messy would qualify. But with that reasoning then could a corndog be a sandwich? Haha.

The browns unfortunately have guaranteed all of deshaun watson’s contract so they’re stuck with him for the next 5 yrs unless they trade him, there will be no signing of baker Mayfield unless he agrees to be a backup. Rumor has it that the seahawks are still after him, maybe they’ll up their offer if they get scared that the browns will want to keep him pending the outcome of the Watson hearing.

Do hikers/campers ever run across hunters or do the groups try to stay separate? I guess I wouldn’t want to hike or camp in an area with a lot of hunters around, if they miss that bullet could travel a long way.
Also hiking poles are a thing, especially for steep inclines and such. Theyre lightweight but come with a pointy end I think so could be used as a weapon in a pinch.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
see, those are the kind of rabbit holes you go down when you think about this stuff too much!
i like your definition, bread wrapped goodness is a good palce to start
but i would refine it to fillings between two slices of bread or bread stuffs
the hot dog is not a sandwich! people would look at you like you had a hot dog growning out of your head is you said "hey bro, want a sandwich and you brought back a dog"
/like were they out of sandwiches? this is a hot dog
but we would all agree the a cheese steak is a sandwich even if the bread is not fully split
you could even serve me cheese steak ingredients in a hot dog bun and i would not say much
/too busy stuffing my fat face
de[pending on how you streach it by htat definition, would a wrap be a sandwcih...
which leads to would a egg roll be a sandwich, even thoe its deep fried
could the ingredients be the key component?
man, i just eat the things
/shakes fist at mrs for confounding him with such ideas
oh and fwiw, i would not eat a plantain sanwich thing like that
/that is not a sandwich
the mrs recently got me these paleo breakfast sandwiches fro costco
they were egg buns with a sausage and cheese in the middle,yuck
i ended up toasting english muffins and putting this thing between them, like you said you need bread on both ends

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, ur 1000% right, if a hot dog were a sandwich then people would just call it a sandwich right?
The problem is, there’s no one right answer because it’s all dependent on how lenient a person gets with the definition. We all know what a classic American sandwich is which is a fairly narrow definition if youre being strict but if you start including ‘sandwich-like’ food groups then the definition could become so broad as to be meaningless. You could wrap a slice of pizza around a bratwurst and call that a sandwich because there’s bread on the outside.
Check out this chart I found online that divides this sandwich argument between ‘structure’ (2 slices of bread or whatever) and ‘ingredients’ (meats or sweets?).

sandwich.jpg

I think Ive only gotten a jibarito once and I don’t remember it well, must not have blown me away if I never got it again haha but I don’t know, I love fried plantains and using fried anything as the bread in a sandwich is next level thinking imo.

I love bread and carbs and sweets too much to go hardcore low-carb diets like paleo and atkins, maybe I could do them for a week or 2 before I go crazy but you need some carbs for energy.

Baker said if the browns wanted to reach out to him there’s a possibility of reconciliation but also said both sides are pretty much ready to move on at this point.
What’s Baker’s ceiling, realistically? Is he a Carson Wentz or Jared Goff type, will have stretches where he’s quite good but most of the time he’s nothing special, isn’t really making his teammates better?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahah that chart is spot on man! i see myself being on the upper left side of the scale but not trneding into the middle
/hot dog=/ sandwich; choco taco not a sandiwch
and some one who says a pop tart is a sandwich is a maniac and should not be allowed to own gun
i know what you mean about loving bread and stuff like that too much to go all paleo
i do eat a lot of protein and veggies now, but also like some carbs
/not like when i was younger when i will eat pizza with rice and chips
it looked like baker was pretty much over the browns and said so much
/how it was mutual
"but baker, we need you"
we will see how this one shakes out and the fact he tossing passes to kids in his offseason makes me like him even more
/d.watts was trolling craigslist
so what are the plans for the holiday weekend?
my cragislist add is chunkymonkey1234

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I lean more towards thinking anything wrapped in bread and eaten by hand could be called a sandwich but I too would hesitate at calling desserts or sweets sandwiches. Although ice cream sandwiches are a thing, right? I mean, it’s in their NAME.

I love pizza with chips but pizza with rice? Is it fried rice?
Reminds me of this hot dog/burger takeout spot in the western burbs near Chicago that’s owned by a Chinese family and they also serve fried rice and some other Asian dishes. Tried it one time when I was out that way and yeah the fried rice was legit, packed with meat and veggies and flavorful (probably msg too). I don’t think I tried the American food though.

Watson’s arbitrator hearing finished after 3 days, it could take weeks for a decision. They’ll probably want it wrapped up by July 27 when browns training camp begins. The weird thing is that if either side wants to appeal the appeal is heard before commissioner roger goodell, which probably wont be good for Watson.
The only way I could see baker playing for the browns is if Watson gets suspended for the year, brisket gets injured during camp and theyre down to josh dobbs their #3 QB as the starter. Baker has an incentive to play also, sure he could sit at home and collect 19M for the year but if he plays and balls out he’ll get a fat contract somewhere else, it’s all about rehabilitating that value and he cant do that sitting at home playing with the wife and kids.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

rgod might surprise you with his wokeness! just heard about the nfl pairing with ice cube for some kind of unkltoms cabin project; nfl gonna be htting em with the bop gun this season eh cube

/not a damn thing changes but we all feel more betta woke
rodge (raw dawg), cube and watts just need to sit down on the porch and hash this all out over a couple 40s and some good bbq
i would give you $100 bill right now if you could get r.goodell to sing one ice cube song! from memory
/nwa songs count too
yeah it was plain white rice, when i was a kid i grew up around hard core asians who ate rice with every meal
fried rice is the sh!t esp when its made with spam
can you believe the year is half over, i dont know where the time went and im living easy
/i think its been one full year since ive worked at a normal jerb
i have been involved in some projects and enjoy them, but most of my time is spent talking shit and dreaming up more LIES to talk shit about
the ukrain is doing great and will once again and will be strong like bear, putin called me to make nice and i let it go to voice mail you sonofabitch
//not russian bear, they are weak; ukrainian bears: much more robust and media savvy
///solicits free world for help that isnt goign to do a damn thing
i would sustain that the ice cream sandwich is a sandwich but isnt it also called an eskimo pie
/its neither a pie or a sandwich to a purist but you know how things are now
kids are trying to reinvent the wheel then patting themselves on the back when all they are doing is playing yesterdays tunes through a tin can
i was yougn once, then i got older
in russia everything is called sandwich
straight out of compton

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Goodell is a 60 year old white man, the son of a US senator and married to a former Fox News anchor. I doubt he listens to much if any rap, although he’s proficient at giving the bro-hug to every draftee that walks on stage.
He might be more woke than you think though, one of his brothers is gay and married to some Hollywood producer.

But even the most woke people aren’t really going to be on deshaun watson’s side, man’s behavior was just too creepy and predatory to really condone in any way shape or form. Dude was randomly contacting thot’s on Instagram asking for massages and stuff, going through a different masseuse every week. We all know that isht ain’t normal. His mistake was he should have gone to a rub and tug place like Robert kraft did, but maybe he doesn’t like to limit himself to Asian women. Supposedly we’ve got some European massage parlors around Chicago, maybe he should have tried to find something similar in TX.

I love plain white rice with wings or fried chicken, not sure I’d like it with pizza or burgers or other types of American food. Imo, stuff like fries or chips go better with those types of food than rice but rice is definitely healthier, haha, if you don’t fry it.

Retirement seems to be suiting you well, haha, as long as you’re keeping busy and active. You seem to be hiking and camping more so that’s always good, more time for exercise and such.

The war in Ukraine seems to be at a stalemate for now, not much ukraine can do about russia’s superior artillery and missile attacks. Im not sure what a peace accord would look like between the two, Ukraine doesn’t want to concede any land.

They had these frozen pizzas for sale for $10 (normally $13) at Jewel, a local grocery chain. The brand is giaccobini’s, which is owned by Connie’s Pizza, a local franchise popular in Chicago. I really like connie’s pizza, it’s not mass produced stuff like other chains, and so i thought this one would be similar but it was just ok imo. Better than most frozen pizzas sure but for $10 it should be and it wasn’t that much bigger than a digiorno’s.

20220623_150645.jpg
20220623_150655.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Damn where can I get a European boner massage near me? Sounds damn good. Kind of sick of the Asian whores myself.
That pizza looks darn good. Best frozen we have is "Cape Cod." Thinner thin crust but great pizza. Beats Elios and that other garbage

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
asians whore, they no love you long time mang
/checks watch
/yeah, my engrish so suck
i got you covered doob
-have friend dimitri in your area doob
if you want, just let me know and i will give him a call
wait what, thats not the kind of orgy you signed up for... dude i already called dimitri and he was excited to meet you
//yarhh'ah hawt breaka doob
ive never had either of these pies but im eating a lot more thin crust lately
whttoppings do they have doober?

holy cow man, that looks like a freaking rocking pie for $10 baba
even if you have cook it yourself it looks decent as far as size and toppings go
haeck make two at a time and save on energy costs. do they sell more than one kind?
you could even add your own diced onions/ extras on that if you wanted
is that just thick crust or is it a deep dish pizza; costco used to sell a really good deep dish for about $10 back in the day
the only thing is it took like an hour to cook, so just put it in the oven now even if you dont want it
/its like a baked potatoe, you just throw it in the oven, you might not be hngry for it now but by the time its finished you will be like yeah!
-m.headburg
i dont see wokemess (blm /equality bc race stuff) and ghey as the same thing
one is about sexuality the other about racism
but wtf do i know man, gheys ruined the rainbow!
/f them all is what i say
but its good to know roge is from a fine upstanding family of the people
im not all neg on d.watts for his sexual indiscretions and from what you are saying he went the full creeper route, but so did r.kraft
sometimes there is no grey its either b/w
are you a creeper: (yes/no)
you get to choose one man

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im not sure Doob, I think the Asian massage places far outnumber the Euro ones around here, but most of the escort agencies are central and eastern European and russian ladies. Or so I’ve heard, lol. I think escorts are much more expensive than the rub and tug places though.
Sex work in general should probably be legalized, since that’s the only way the govt can exert any control over it, otherwise it’s strictly in the control of the black market and then youre too often at the mercy of shitheads who would kill you over a trivial amount of money.

That’s a good idea to dress up a frozen pizza with extra toppings, Pop, I usually do that when I reheat cold pizza but sometimes I’ll do it when I cook it too. Im going to have to look out for that $10 costco frozen pizza, I know the whole pies from the deli are $10 and that’s always a good deal but the frozen pies are like 2-4 packs of smaller ones that are 10-15 bucks, some of them are gluten free (cauliflower crusts) too.

I guess youre right that BLM and LGBTQ+ activism are different things, not necessarily aligned together. Im sure there are BLM supporters that aren’t down with gay rights because of religion or what not, and some LGBTQ people that aren’t down with BLM because the protests often turn violent.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy 4rth of july boys! lets celebrate this great country of ours and blow some shit up
-thats about as far as i got yesterday

but its a new day and pops is ready to rock
the take is the gheys actually stole the rianbow!
remember jesse jackson and the rainbow coalition, all colors united
thats when rainbows got popular but this other group subverted it for their own means, hoping to ride the coattails of the civil rights movement
now i dont have nothing against gays and have even had a few friends who were openly gay
i still have a couple friends who seem to be fags but not out of the closet
one is a gov "contractor", so i dont argue with his choice to keep things under wraps, if thats what it is
/its actually his dad i thin that keeps him from just saying hes gay; once his dad dies he will come out of the closet i think
//or is he just celibate?!
what kind of life is that, hes a a good looking guy in decent shape; i would do him so hard
///i actually knew an asexual girl, where she just had little to no desire for sex
i liked her
/would do her so hard too!
no worries here i can just abort all my f babies
hope you all are starting the week of right!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Huh, I remember the rainbow coalition from back in 80s, and ur right, seems like the LGBT movement co-opted the use of the rainbow as their symbol. I think Qatar, which is hosting the World Cup, even said anyone displaying a rainbow flag or symbol would be imprisoned.
I don’t know why anyone would be in the closet in the 21st century, but I guess old school values would factor into it. Especially if their parents grew up in the 50s-60s, it might be hard for them to accept homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle.

Baker got traded to the Panthers for a 5th round draft choice plus the browns picking up 10M of his salary; the panthers will pay 5M and baker agreed to waive 3.5M.
They still have darnold on the team so im not sure how that will work out, maybe they’ll trade darnold maybe they’ll keep both but they did get a backup for a reasonable price (5M). If baker manages to beat out darnold and ball out good for him but they went #1 and #3 in the 2018 draft, both of them might be on their last chance to become a franchise QB in this league.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahha, this dumpster fire just got better
and all they got was a pepsi

/hey man, browns are going to be brown
i wish baker luck in the durrty souf and will have to check up on the panthers roster
i agree that this might be a lst chance for both these guys to prove they are real deal starters
i like baker and hope he can move ahead in the new system
world cup, thats soccer right? heard a bunch of golfers were ban hammered because of playing in some saudi tourney
the arabs want to be seen as legit but with their backwards outlook on life will always be second tier
the only reason anyone plays with them os for the money

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey @pop_rocks hey @Bababooey
Happy to say I went to Kelly's Roast Beef earlier and got my fried clams. They were good. $25. Listening to Yankees at Red Sox...games about to start. Going to Fenway Park on my birthday July 28. Hope you guys are doing good! 👍

Latest posts

Latest posts