What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It came with diced white onions, not grilled. I do like grilled onions though, especially on polish sausages.
Ive seen Braum’s on a food channel before, theyre interesting in that they grow or make almost all their own food: they have dairy cows for their milk and ice cream and cheese, beef cattle for their burgers, etc. They started in Oklahoma though, and im surprised they don’t serve an Oklahoma style onion burger.

I think there’s some $1000 burger in vegas that comes with edible gold or something, lol. Ur right, it’s ridiculous, but I don’t think even rich people would order that, it’s more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

SF lost their top RB for the year but have 3-4 on their roster they have confidence in, plus shanahan’s zone blocking scheme seems to make stars of undrafted and low drafted RBs so they’ll probably be alright as long as they don’t lose their star players (bosa, kittle etc) like last year.

Bears host the bengals this week, bengals won in OT vs the Vikings, burrow looks healthy, they go 3 deep at WR, joe mixon ran well. If their defense can be not terrible they could be a respectable team this year, so the bears might lose although I don’t think they’ll lose by 3 scores again. Bears D looks to be getting steadily worse every year since 2018, Montgomery is playing well but Dalton is pretty meh. Truly this year is all about Fields and if he can be the prince that was promised.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah braums had their own brand dairy/cheese and stuff in the store so it makes sence that they produce it them selves
ive never heard of an ok onion burger, have you ever tried one? whats is it
i laugh at those places with the $1000 burgers or put fancy stuff on the burger
you are ordering a burger not some high end meal and it seems almost juvenile
/if i wanted high end meat i would be eating at a steak resturant and not ordering their burger
mond you i will make my own burgers at home becasue they taste better when you use a better cut of meat,(or add bacon to your ground) but not this foie gras shit or truffles
crazy game last night from two teams i though would just be mediocre
we will see if burrow has the team around him to win against chicagos d
/fwiw i like j.mix
we will see if they mix it up at qb some more
i think indy is a decent team and this will be a good game for the rams
i think with money.stafford they are going to go pass heavy but i would like to see more running game
the defense should match up good and i like the colts o'line
they also have some great young wr
/this kid m.pittman jr could be a star like his dad
cant wait for the action to statrt! hope you are having a great friday

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wm-rPBkW2o

An onion burger is basically a burger cooked on top of a pile of thinly sliced white onion. This video he used a deli slicer to cut them real thin, I think you can use a mandolin slicer which is like a handheld version of a deli slicer. You want the onion real thin so they cook thoroughly when the burger is done, and they soak up some of the burger grease so no extra oil or butter needed. I guess if you have a good knife and skills maybe you can slice it thin enough by hand, but that's iffy.
I guess when meat was scarce back in WW2 they would use a pile of onion with the patty as filler for the overall burger; plain bun, American cheese and maybe pickles and mustard makes a tasty and cheap burger so it's still popular in OK today. Who doesnt like grilled onions on their burger?

Do you often add bacon to your burger meat? I tried adding chorizo to my burger meat and it didn’t work out so well, but then I saw on a food show that one place did it and they cooked the chorizo before adding it to the raw ground beef so that may be something I try.

You make a good point, a burger is ground beef so by definition it’s supposed to be a cheaper beef dish. I’ve heard of kobe beef burgers or burgers made with dry aged beef but yeah, unless theyre using butcher scraps after they cut steaks it seems like a waste of good beef. With a burger, the bun/toppings/sauce/cheese is probably just as important if not more so than the actual meat. As long as it’s 100% beef (no yucky soy fillers you’ll find in super cheap burgers they serve in schools or prisons) and cooked right and well seasoned that’s all you need in a burger.

That game was actually pretty competitive, the teams kept trading leads till the end. I like Daniel Jones’s arm, his velocity and accuracy seem quite good, and he’s actually a good runner. Supposedly he clocked the fastest in game speed for a ball carrier last year, faster than lamar Jackson or any WR. Which is insane to me, even if it’s only like .01mph faster than those guys. If he was on a better team and could control his turnover issues I could see him being a top 5 QB.

I had my eye on Darrell Henderson in my fantasy draft but once the rams traded for sony michel his pre-draft ranking fell a lot, experts were thinking mcvay would do a RB committee. But he handled the lion’s share of RB work vs the bears and looked pretty good doing it, but I guess sony once he gets some more practices in will start seeing more work.
Chicago is favored by 2.5 at home vs the bengals, rams are favored by 3.5 at the colts, so both our teams are slight favorites this week. I have zero expectations for the bears this year, the most important thing imo is seeing if justin fields is the real deal. Rams have higher expectations, you have to think theyll make the playoffs at least but they want to win a superbowl or at least get back there.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
kick ass video, man; that guy made a nice looking burger
yes baba, you understand me when i talk about what a burger is all about! its not supposed to be some fancy thing and while i do appreciate fresh meat and toppings its still just a burger
isnt that also a white castle thing too, where they cook the burgers with white onions?
ive never really had a proper white castle burger, ive had what they sell in the frozen foods section, these little burgers you can micorowave, but never a fresh one
you remember when i was into meat grinding and was hoping to make my own sausages
thats when i would grind my own hamburger meat
goign to the store i saw they had ground beef for like 4.99# but decent steak was around the same price
so i got some fresh beef and we had some bacon in the fridge
there is a place here called slater 50/50 that mizes bacon into their beef so i thouguth i would give it a go
its not that bad but i could see also how cooking it before adding it to the ground beef would be ok too
i think the rams are going to be going pass heavy this season so i dont blame you for not picking any of their rb
hondo will tote the ball when called upon but for the most part i think the playbook is goign to be built around stafford and his ability to air it out
i like the colts but dont think they match up agianst the rams
they had a decent o'line last year and a pretty good young run game, but the rams have one of the best d'lines in the league
pittman jr is an up and coming reciever but the rams can cover
i will be watch how the colts pass rush effects money.stafford; i think we have enough up from on the o'line to give him time to make his reads and get the ball down field
/look for some short stuff thrown in to counter an aggresive pass rush
i think the future for the bears is in their new qb and the sooner he gets some reps the better
what ever happen to goJoe?!
he kept up on the sharps betting lines and i think had a good slant
heading up to visit a friend in the mountains later today and really happy with the new wheels
the truck rides smooth as silk with her long wheel base and is lux on the inside
/as lux as a 20yo pick up truck can be
im booming sweet tunes and just enjoying every mile behind the wheel
got some beef ribs at costco the other day, so i might be grilling this weekend but more likely will wait till monday to do this thing
hope you are eating good and having a great weekned brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that dude is George Motz, and he’s a so-called burger expert. He’s actually traveled all around the country going to burger joints so maybe he is. He used to think I&O was only ok until he discovered their animal style versions which kicked it up a notch for him, it’s the only chain burger restaurant that he recommends.
White castle is a very plain burger, yeah, just griddled onions on a thin patty on a soft bun. I find the frozen version very comparable to the restaurant version, so I don’t think youre missing much; if you want to make it really good, steam them and add some American cheese. <chef’s kiss>
I remember you doing your own meat grinding and sausage making/burger making, I also recall you mentioning slater’s 50/50 more than once. You been to slater’s recently? Ive heard it’s not as good as it used to be, from what online reviews say.
All this talk of burgers makes me want to try making a burger mix with bacon and chorizo in it. Buy ground beef, bacon and chorizo, cook the bacon and chorizo beforehand, let it cool, then mix it into the ground beef and make patties from that. My previous attempts at a custom burger mix didn’t work out well so maybe it’s time to try again.

I was going to say that pretty much every team is pass happy nowadays, but you have teams like the ravens, 49ers and seahawks who are committed to the run. Patriots too, maybe. But yeah, when you have a QB like Stafford, and a coach like mcvay, and talented pass catchers, you’d be foolish not to lean on the passing game. I think the colts have a decent chance at an upset, which is why the line is fairly close, but we’ll see.

Hopefully GoJoe is doing well and making winning bets. Maybe he’ll check back in here and give us some good picks.

Glad to hear the truck is working out well for you, hope it lasts you a long time brother.
I bought a couple pork shoulders since they were less than $2/lb and bought to throw them on the cooker, hopefully they turn out well. Either way ill post up pics.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what another great weekend of football! the rams were able to hold off a tough indy team; i dont think we covers the spread but we walked away with the win
this next week we face tompa bay and this is going to be a big one
brady is playing like a hero and the defense is in full on beast mode right now
the rams made a couple silly mistakes that almost cost us last game but i think we are establishing a decent run game and stafford is putting up numbers big time
i was on the edge of my seat for last nights game; we are seeing some great match ups
the fun isnt over yet and we still have tonight game!
i got some beef ribs at costco and want to cook them this week
in n out is a good burger and i always get mine animal style (always ask for extra pickles on the side!); they have this whole secret menu where they just make different burgers with their limited palatte of ingredients
the mrs ets their grilled cheese now that she dosent eat meat
i havent been to slaters in a while
it was ok, but a bit spendy for a burger
what did you end up making this wekend baba?
those pork shoulders sounds like a deal and i would throw that bad boy into the insta pot and make pulled pork with one of them
serve that up wiht some nice sauce and pickles!
/grinding
do you drive a car? what kind of wheels do you have
its supposed to get hot this week but i can already feel the fall in the air
hope your week is off toa great start and it only gets better from here

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, if the rams didn’t give up a ST touchdown (had a punt blocked in the end zone, colts fell on it for a score) they would have won by 10, so kudos to them for still pulling out a win.
Pittman Jr had a great game for the colts but didnt score, I have him on a fantasy team so that’s encouraging.
Brady has 9 td’s after 2 weeks, although it’s against some not good defenses. I doubt he throws for 4 or more tds against the rams but the bucs are loaded on offense. Should be the best matchup of week 3. Ur right, Tampa's D-line is pretty darn good, it's their secondary that can be pretty trash at times, I hear theyre inquiring about richard sherman, who's a street free agent currently.

That was a much more competitive SNF game than the rams/bears last week, lol. Yeah, after lamar’s first 2 INTs I thought the chiefs were gonna run away with it, they were still up double digits in the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] when the ravens came back and took the lead, even then mahomes moved the chiefs to FG range and they were set to run down the clock and kick a game winning FG until their RB fumbled. Lamar picked up a first down with his legs on 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and 2 and they ran out the clock. Lamar still looks pretty rough passing the ball at times, but give him credit, he kept battling and his running ability puts even most WRs and RBs to shame. He really is the RB1 in that offense. And for all of his running, he does a good job avoiding damage, he gives himself up instead of trying to bang for extra yards.

Haha, I totally forgot to take pics of the pork shoulders I made, the rub I used was quite a bit spicier than I usually use but other than that they were fine, not pull apart tender though, they needed more time on the smoker. Ill post some pics when I eat some later.
We drive a mini van, haha, the woman hates it but I like the roominess and the cargo capacity. But yeah, not very exciting.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

nothing wrong with a mini van and they are super room and full of comfort
i thought about getting one once for the bikes, the kind where you could take out a row of seats ans then i could just wheel my mountain bike in the back and still have seating
/plus some have room to almost stand up and we see them tricked out that people use for camping
how does it do on gas? we sent my sister some pics recently and she noticed the gas prices in one of them
they werent that bad for california, but anyplace else in the us and you would shit a brick
/out cheap gas was like twice what thier good gas costed
the bucs defense does have some holes in it and as long as stafford is able to make his reads i think we can score on them
brady is going to put up his numbers, but hopefully donald and crew can get to him and disrupt his game
hopfully we wont rack up 4tds passing but it should be a good high scoring game
so who are the real chargers? are the raiders to be taken seriously
/carr is in the fast lane right now
i totally agree that l.jax in a one man running game and it was nice to see him throwing the ball a little more last week
i was thinking of getting a pork shoulder this weekend! im going to be hanging with the mrs so we could isnta pot it and hvae good food for days!
im going to rub the beef ribs and maybe get them cooked tonight
the heat is back on here in socal but summer is comming to a close
i cant wait for the fall air and the cool nights but im going to enjoy the last few weeks of summer!
kick ass brother and i hope you are having a great day

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
20210916_215317.jpg
20210916_215417.jpg

The minivan is a honda and has a V6, gets about 17-18mpg, so not bad. Ive seen camper vans but those are usually conversion or full size vans, the ones with an extended top are nice so you can stand inside if youre less than 6ft tall; don’t have to be hunched over all the time when inside.
It’s a good idea to put the bike into the vehicle instead of on a top carrier, ive seen people forget they have bikes on top and drive into their garage and ruin their bikes and their garage, lol. Well, maybe not lol, that would really suck just because you were a little tired and forgetful.
Tompa hasn’t yet faced a decent D-line and if Brady has one kryptonite it’s his lack of mobility so a 4 man pass rush that gets to him in less than 2 secs is gonna jack his game up; I thought the rams weren’t getting much pressure in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] half of the bears game cause they were only rushing 3 but once they went to a 4 man rush in the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] qtr Donald was in dalton’s face before every pass and the bears couldn’t move the ball. And even if the bucs score the rams have the offense to almost match them point for point. Ive seen some power rankings that have the bucs and rams #1 and #2, so maybe this will be an NFC championship preview?

That was a nice bounce-back game for Aaron Rodgers and the packers on MNF. Lions actually look pretty scrappy this year, they made the game against the 49ers last week closer than it should have been and had a slight lead at halftime vs the packers. Goff’s little baby hands couldn’t handle a wet ball however and he lost 2 fumbles, one on a snap, in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half and the packers scored both times and ran away with the game. But as much as goff can be a goof, he’s just good enough to put up some points, even against talented defenders. I didn’t think the dan campbell hire was a good one for the lions but his talk of fighting for every inch and ‘biting kneecaps’ has them playing hard, so that’s something.

So I made something called a philly taco for Thursday night football last week. It’s basically a big slice of pizza wrapped around a philly cheesesteak. It was made up as a joke food by a journalist in Philadelphia who was drunk at the time but people actually took it seriously and started doing it for real, it’s kind of an ideal stoner food since it combines their 2 favorite foods, pizza and cheesesteaks.

I took advantage of the Domino’s 2 medium dishes for 5.99 each and got a cheesesteak and a medium pizza (extra sauce, extra cheese, philly steak, uncut) and wrapped about a third of the pizza around each half of the sandwich. It actually worked out pretty well, the problem with this food is that it’s often too bready (typically in philly they just use a plain cheese slice, like NY style flat foldable slices) but with the extra sauce and cheese and meat on the pizza there was enough moisture and toppings so the bread didn’t seem overwhelming. 10/10 would try this again, plus we had 1/3 pizza left over for the dog. Not bad for like $14 (50c upcharge for philly steak on the pizza).

Attachments

• 20210916_215317.jpg
    20210916_215317.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210916_215417.jpg
    20210916_215417.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wait what?!? you ate the two of those thigns together; i thought you just did that for scale or were on some kind of artsy kick
/mind=blown
i have never heard of such a thing and if i wasnt a fat kid deep down inside this would be an abomination!
that dosent sound half bad, think of the combinations you could make
/sausage, mushrooms wrapped around a cheese steak
mt nephew used to order a mcdouble and a chicken sandwich and stack the meats together to make some kind of crazy sandwich
im going to have to see if we have that dominoes deal here in socal
two items for like $12 would be a fun knosh
i will also have to check about getting a pizza uncut; i used to get my costco pizzas double cut for work pot lucks
yeah man, i think the rams defense will need to be on point for this one
stafford should be able to air it out but it comes down to tamping down the goat
/the bucs also have a decent run game so i want to see them comtroll the line big time
goof does have baby hands and just dident play his best when things got messy
he isnt a bad qb but i just dont think he is clutch
cant wait for this weeks games to start
i guess its the first day of fall; hope you and the dog are having a great day bruh

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It is sort of an abomination, to be honest, and probably works better as separate items. It’s more a drunk or stoner type food, where you’ve got the munchies and you just want to stuff as much greasy salty food into your mouth as possible.
Using pizza with a lot of toppings could work, but be careful of using too much toppings cause the darn thing gets too big to eat nicely.
I think that’s called a mcgangbang, a mcdouble combined with a mcchicken. I tried it once, it works better if you only use 2 or 3 of the 4 pieces of bread, otherwise youre mostly tasting bread not meat. But back when both sandwiches were only $1 (there’s that inflation again) it was a pretty large sandwich for only $2, more filling than a big mac.

I use the domino’s app on my phone, and it’s pretty good, you can select all the different options like extra sauce, no cut, square cut, etc. Plus all the coupons and deals are available on the app as well.
The bucs at rams game is in the afternoon so that should be a national broadcast, I should be able to catch it after the bears at browns game at noon cst. Leonard Fournette still has some juice but Ronald jones hasn’t been playing well (had a fumble week 1) and is in bruce arians’ doghouse. They also have giovani Bernard who’s a good 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] down, pass catching back. The bucs haven’t needed to run much since brady is throwing td’s like crazy but if the rams focus on stopping the pass maybe the bucs will pound it out on the ground. Problem is that with 4 ace receiving options (evans, godwin, AB and gronk) it’s probably near impossible to stop their passing attack but we’ll see what happens.

Tonite we have panthers at Texans, panthers are 2-0 and darnold is actually playing pretty darn well now that he’s no longer with adam gase and the jets. Panthers D is on point too, I picked them up in a fantasy league and theyre going against a rookie QB (Davis Mills) cause tyrod taylor hurt his hammie last game. Poor tyrod, this is like the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] time he enters the season as a starter and gets injured in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] game. With the first 2 times, he never saw the field again (baker and Herbert) but davis mills isnt a top draft pick so maybe he’ll get his job back once he’s healthy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yes! thats what he called it
another abomination at first look, but it wasnt that bad
/plus like you said it was only like $2 at the time
truth be told, i would probably eat the pizza and sandwich separate, a slice first and then a nice cheese steak sandwich
im all for being drunk and stoned munchies and have my own weird foods i like to eat
/mostly oats with peanut butter and stuff like that
i will have to get up to speed on these apps
a friend has the mcdonalds app and gets all kind of deals, i dont go as much as i used to but they have two big macs for $6 riht now so i sneak in when i can
you are totally right about the bucs having an arsenal of recieving threats
m.evans is a stud and the kid godwin is legit
r.jones had a decent season last year after just being mediocre his rookie season and fournette is still a beast ( he is getting better with his hands)
gio bernard is a solid 3rd down back
i could see this being a high scoring game (50+ pts)
cant wait for tonights action to kick off! you are right about the cats d' and we will see what they do against a third string qb
i was a fan of tyrod and he once was a charger; i think he broke some ribs and punctured his lung when he was on the west coast so they moved herbert in
chargers play the chiefs this weeknd, a big game in the afc.w
hopefully we should see some sweet action this weekend! and i cant wait
going to spend somet time with the ex this friday and at but should be honme to ctch all the action on sunday!
my freaking truck has been in the shop for almost three days! they said they tried caling me, but thats not true
i ended talkin to them yesterdy and the did a bunch of work on the rear brakes; but it was the front brakes that were making the noise
this is only ythe second time i have been to shis shop but im not impressed with their customer service and we will see about the work they do
we are going to eat indian food (dot, not feather) this friday night
last time we had that it was super spicy and when we went shpopping last night she would only let me get certain things
/the ones with one chili papper heat rating
it will eb fun times but i might knock back a buger before i show up just to be on the safe side
hope you are winfdin down your week strong and ready for a great wekend of fun

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Oats and peanut butter sounds very healthy for munchie type food, haha, but that’s a good thing. Do you ever eat greasy food when you wake up with a hangover?
I have to admit, a lot of these Frankenstein foods are really better separate. There’s a sandwich sold in the more ‘urban’ areas of Chicago called the Jim Shoe or Gym Shoe, which is a sub sandwich that’s a combo of a roast/corned beef sandwich, a gyro sandwich, and an Italian beef sandwich. It’s got all the meats in there plus veggies and cheese and gyro sauce and mustard and giardiniera and it’s pretty gross but if you like sloppy concoctions or are really drunk/high it might taste heavenly lol.

Using fast food apps is convenient for online ordering and such but most of these apps can track you while youre using them since they use gps to find the nearest stores; although just having a smartphone in general isnt really private I guess. Another plus with apps is most of them offer reward points so you’ll get free food with enough purchases, even if you don’t eat there often (probably a good thing with fast food) it doesn’t take many purchases to earn small rewards (free drink, fries, etc).

Ur right, Ronald Jones was tampa’s best RB last year but has started slow this year, and Fournette’s receiving skills have been getting better recently so that’s no longer a weakness in his game.
Tampa is a very slight favorite at 1.5pts at SoFi stadium, on a neutral field I guess tampa would be favored by 4.5pts (generally home field advantage is worth 3pts). Ur right, the O/U is 55.5, which is the highest O/U of the week. Seahawks-Vikings is also 55.5 for some reason, and chargers chiefs is 52.5 which makes more sense. Im all for high-scoring, closely contested games, those are the most fun to watch.

Yeah, the chargers team doctor was giving him a pain killing injection before the game and accidentally punctured his lung, not anything life threatening and I think it healed on its own but it made breathing difficult for a bit. He would have gotten his job back but Herbert started off throwing for 3tds and 300yds per game so, yknow, you cant go back to tyrod; tyrod at his best doesn’t approach those numbers.

That sucks your truck is in the shop, but I guess with an old, high mileage vehicle it’s not totally unexpected. With brakes though that’s something I try to do myself usually, even though it aint easy. I bought a 300 piece mechanic’s tool set at Harbor Freight a few years back, had a 20% off coupon so it was only $200 and even though it’s all Chinese stuff the tools are pretty high quality, solid and heavy although the whole case weighs like 70lbs haha. But yeah, you gotta find an honest mechanic, most of the ones around Chicago seem borderline crooks, like you’ll go in for one thing and after poking around your car they recommend like 3 or 4 more repairs and next thing you know you’re spending 2-3k when you were expecting more like 4-5 hundred.

Sounds like your ex is making all the decisions on what you can eat and buy, haha, slowly re-exerting that control over you. Ah well, if it makes her happy then just go with it, I guess? But what about what you want? A relationship should be a 2 way street.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey hey brother! hope you are ready for another great weekend of football and fun
i tihnk i have heard of the gym shoe, that sounds like a lot going on but its all grinding
but like you said you could easily have two great sandwiches from that, one roast beef/ corned beef and one gyro
i would totally try it, especially as its a regional thing and i bet it would be good
you have to take one for the team and hunt this beast down brother! is it only like one place that does it or is it popular around town
i dont eat breakfast most days, unless you count vodka; i sometimes skip lunch too and eat my first meal around 2-3p
i love breakfast foods and like things like fried eggs and bacon or eggs benidict but have no problem eatting pizza or what ever else for breakfast
im tx they had these things called callachies (sp?) that were basically big pig in a blanket things, but they were pretty good
im cooking some ribs on the smokey joe right now!
/checks watch and takes a sip of vodka and soda
im heading to the mrs early this afternoon and wont be back home till sunday so i want to get tehse cooked up before i go
i guess that means im having ribs, beans and corn bread for breakfast today!
/plus i will wrap a couple in foil and bring them with, its great driving food and good for snacking
thats right baba, the team dr poked a hole in his lung while administering medicine and that was the end of his season
i could see the chargers v chiefs going into the 50s too as well as the rams game
the west is the best right now and i cant wait for the action to start

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I’ve actually had the gym shoe sandwich a few times over the years, whenever I made it to places that sold them, and it was ok most of the time, the times I didn’t like it was because it was just too sloppy of an eating experience. I don’t mind a little sloppiness but when a sandwich is actively dripping watery gyro sauce it feels excessive.
It’s usually only found at the gyro/sub shops around the mostly blue collar/low income areas in the city. These places have an extensive menu of pretty much every junk food: hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, gyros, tacos, fries, chicken wings and tenders etc. Anything that can be cooked on a flattop griddle or in a deep fryer they’ll serve. If you somehow had all the ingredients you could make your own easily enough, the hard part is getting the different meats (gyro, roast or corned beef, Italian beef, all chopped and griddled together) and condiments (gyro sauce, giardiniera). The other fixings, sub roll, lettuce tomato onion cheese mustard are easy enough to get. Still, it’s just a classic drunk food, the type of idea that sounds genius when youre high or drunk as hell and have the munchies and think ah man let me put all my combine all my favorite sandwiches into one! Haha, might even taste really good in your altered state but your body wont thank you the next day. I think putting bunch of meat on a burger would accomplish the same purpose in a nicer package, yknow how some places put a butterflied hot dog, pulled pork, brisket etc on top of a burger? Or even just stuff a bunch of fries and coleslaw in a burger or sandwich. I think dishes like that are more palatable than the frankenfoods I’ve been experimenting with…

I love a good hearty breakfast myself but most countries don’t really have different foods for breakfast like America and maybe the UK does, they typically eat the same thing for breakfast that they would for lunch and dinner, maybe a simpler meal or leftovers from the day before. Like cold pizza, haha, which come to think of it is a very American thing as well. And alcohol has a lot of calories, so that’s sustenance of a sort. Back in the middle ages, when drinking water was way more suspect (drinking from the same river people piss and shit in) beer was considered a liquid form of bread, they’d drink it at every meal, including breakfast, even kids would drink it, although to be fair I don’t think it had a high proof rating.
Never heard of a Texas kolache but it sounds awesome: a sweet pastry dough wrapped around a cheese filled sausage? Like a better version of a McGriddle, or pancakes and sausage in a handheld form. There’s a large Polish community in Chicago and they have Packzi, which is a jelly filled donut. Kind of the same principle although with a sweet fruit filling not a sausage and cheese filling. Leave it to the Texans to kick it up a notch.
Hope your weekend goes good. Should be some interesting games on Sunday for sure. Last night panthers vs Texans wasn’t too bad, not much offense for the most part, darnold did well but mccaffrey and their 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round rookie draft pick got hurt. The Texans rookie QB struggled against a good panthers D but had some promising moments, if he turns out to be a viable starter that will make the sting of losing deshaun Watson not so bad. Theyre still trying to trade him but not sure any team would give up significant assets until his legal issues are resolved, and maybe not even then if he’s deemed too toxic.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a wild weekend of football! and teh action is not over
rams v tamp bay was a great game but not as high scoring as i thought it would be
in the end stafford just kept putting up the points while brady seemed stimied by the rams D
i would almost bet the farm that these two teams are going to meet again in the post season
chergers pulled a rabit out of the hat against the chiefs!
i have to give it up for the dolts, but feel like it was penalties/ goofed plays that really killed kc these past couple weeks
bills had another ger right game and the raiders rolled over a tua-less fins team (just barely)
goof continues to goof in det and wasnt helped by a huge kick to seal a win for the ravfens
so we ended up going to a new deli this weekend, dukesdeli and it was pretty good
they had really good sandwiches and the owner was a cool guy
i got a "hero" sandwcih and it was really good, but they seemed to use a chibatta type bread for their sub roll
chibatta is a nice hcewy bread but some things you want a sub roll (more like french bread style)
the mrs got a capressi sandwcih ( cheese, tomatoe and basil w/oil vinegar) on chibatta and the bread had the same texture
the place has a chicago beef and i might have to go back and try that one out too!
it also rained this weekend which was a nice treat, i was just rolling down the road when i heard something pelting my truck
then i noticed the rain droplettes on the windscreen
suddenly it opened up and was almost pouring rain and hail; i wish it lasted longer and would have thundered too
still have some more football tonight and im looking forward to seeing how tdem boys play this one
next week we have some great games, rams v az & raiders v chargers are the two hottest match ups in my book
plus a lot more action too, man i cant wait

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The O/U on the rams/bucs was 55, and they combined for 58 (34-24) so they beat the over but yeah, the game was not competitive, bucs got a garbage time TD late but still lost by double digits.
Stafford is providing that deep ball threat that goof could never pull off, at least not consistently. 34yr old desean Jackson dusted the bucs for 2 long td’s, I think last year he started off week 1 with 2 long td’s for the eagles but then got injured right away and pretty much missed the rest of the season. If he can stay healthy he can be that burner to draw safety coverage and open things up for the rest of the receivers to work the middle of the field. Scary stuff, but ur right, bucs lost big to the saints in 2 games last year but then came back to beat them in the playoffs and win the superbowl. Brady is almost like thanos, he’s almost becoming inevitable.

It’s surprising that the chiefs are last in the afc west after week 3, broncos (!) and raiders are 3-0, chargers are 2-1 and chiefs 1-2, and they should have lost to the browns in week 1. Ur right, chiefs had too many turnovers and their D couldn’t stop Herbert. But as long as you have mahomes you’re never out of it, we’ll see how the west shapes up but maybe both west divisions (afc and nfc) might end up the nfl’s best. Something in the water out there I guess, or all that mj smoke lol.

Costco sells a nice ciabatta bread, my woman got some a couple weeks ago and it made some killer sandwiches. She’s been craving some classic Italian deli subs, with all the Italian deli meats like porcetto, capicola, etc, with cheese and veggies on a nice chewy hoagie bread, so we might have to take a trip into the city to satisfy her cravings.
So no spicy Indian food this time? Your stomach probably thanks you.

Bears got killed by the browns yesterday, justin fields got sacked 9 (!) times and the offense put up like 47 total yards, and 1 net yard passing when you factor in yards lost to sacks. JFC, I knew the bears had a bad O-line but myles garrett set a browns record with 4.5 sacks and towards the end I felt sorry for the rookie QB. People are blaming nagy for not incorporating more rollouts, max protection, designed QB runs, screen passes, etc to slow down the browns pass rush. He did a little bit of those things but 90% of his plays were standard RPO, shotgun spread type stuff and fields got killed, he had like 1.5 secs most times before the pressure was on him. No QB can be successful like that.
Bears host Detroit next Sunday, no word yet on who’s gonna start, andy Dalton still has a bone bruise in his knee and those take a while to heal so maybe fields will get another start, hopefully he’ll do better this time even though Detroit is pretty scrappy for an 0-3 team. Certainly cant do any worse haha.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow thats a lot of sacks to give up; i wonder what the browns record is for most sacks in a game?
/i remember when a chiefs lb, derrek thomas racked up 7 sacks in a game way back in the day
hopefully he will have a better outing his next time out, or at least not get run over on every snap and maybe they will study some film and install a better system for him to work in
ive had the costco chibatta bread, it is really good
i might have to get some next time im there and make the capressi sandwiches in addition to the club sandwiches i like so much with it
there is something about a good deli sandwich that you just crave
i like subways subs too and we have this place out here called firehouse that isnt bad
/they have the best vegitarian sandwich out there according to the mrs
d.jax had a huge game and while im on the fence about his potential over the seaso9n, he had a great game
this weekend we face az and i cant wait to see them; they have a hot young qb with a lot of solid weapons around him on the field; plus both teams are 3-0
its going to be a battle for the west and i cant wait for sundays action
its been kind of fall like here in socal lately but i hear the heat will be back on for the weekend
im kind of digging sitting around in sweat pants a a nice hoody and cant wait for fall to take over
can you believe that haloween is so close? the holidays are just aorund the corner and pretty soon we will be talking turkey and stuff like that
kick ass baba and hope you are have a gereat week!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I tried looking up to see most sacks by the browns as a team in one game but couldn’t find it. Still, 9 is a lot, that equals around 150 sacks in a year, and I think most years if a team gets 50-60 that would lead the league.
Derrick Thomas was a bad man, I think he died in a car accident. He was 33 at the time, on the downside of his career but still a pretty good player.
We have firehouse subs out here as well, I think I went there the first year they opened but haven’t been back since. The closest location isnt too close to me and places like subway and jimmy johns are much closer. Theres really too many choices in restaurant food and most of the time my choice comes down to convenience. But from what I remember firehouse was good, I figure any big chain cant be bad, if they truly had bad food they wouldn’t be popular enough for multiple locations.

Bills got shut down by the steelers in week 1 but since then looked dominant vs the Fins and Redskins; I think josh allen, like aaron Rodgers, didn’t play in the preseason which is why they looked rough in week 1.
Yeah, justin tucker set the nfl FG record with a 66yd game winning FG vs the lions. Also, I saw the 68 yard attempt by matt prater (detroit’s old kicker) of the cardinals vs the jags, which fell short and was returned by the jags 109 yards for a TD (equaling the longest td play possible). Lol, this is probably why coaches don’t want to try record setting FG’s, the downside is that the other team gets a kick return opportunity, and it’s not against a kick coverage unit but a FG unit so it’s better at blocking more than running and tackling.

I didn’t realize the cards and rams are playing this weekend, ur right, two 3-0 teams, on top of the NFC west. That should be a special game. If they keep winning, I think everyone will get tired of the story of Stafford coming to the rams from Detroit, but for now it’s a good story. Everyone likes to see a good player move from a perennial loser to a contending team.

Yeah, im already seeing Halloween candy and decorations in the stores, even Christmas (!) decorations out now. I know holiday creep (seeing sales for holiday goods earlier and earlier) is a thing but I do enjoy the fall-winter holidays: halloween, thanksgiving, christmas. Those are very festive holidays to me, well maybe not Halloween but you know what I mean lol. People really get into it, whether decorating their house or wearing costumes, whereas the summer holidays are more like got a 3 day weekend let's bbq and drink haha.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are so right man about us heading intothe festive time of the year!
summer holidays are fun but like you said, mostly outdoors and just kind of informal
for some people these are the big three holidays: halloween, thanksgiving and christmas
thanksgiving ghas always been one of my favorites and christmas/ new years is a magic time of year too; plus people tend to get/ take more time off during that time frame
/the mrs gets the time between christmas and new year off, so some years it adds up to almost two wks
i cant wait for the holidays this year
d.thomas was a beast and his career was cut short like you said, but it was fun to watch him while we could
im think the browns are an up and coming team with a good defense and a firey young qb (with tons of weapons on offense)
rams look great with stafford and i think he could be that one piece the rams need to just to the next level
goof was ok (he had one great year but turned out to be too easy to game plan for) but money $tafford is playing lights out right now
im rooting for the bills but they want to see them match up against some of the top teams
raiders look hot and whats going on in kc?!?
man, ive been seeing halloween decorations out ofr the past month!
candy too, but we all know you wait till after haloween to score on that
i havent seen any christmas stuff up yet, but haloween is really big here in socal
/i think its big all over; in tx they had haunted houses/ scare houses that were open year round im pretty sure
i have never had a jimmy johns, but they had them in tx
my sister said they were pretty good but we never got around to trying them
i think firehouse is known for toasting their subs, kind of like quiznos
some of these good chains cost just as much as a real deli so we are trying to find more options for our sandwich dollar
/firehouse subs cost like $10 for their med, about the same price as the hero sub i got the other day
the heat seems to be back on so im going to make some cheff salad today, that and some nice grilled ham/cheese would be a great light meal
i need to get to mcdonalds here and pick up some 2x$6 big macs; that might be sunday football food!
i told my sister about your philly taco...
and instead of pointing and screaming monster she was strangely curious! i guess they have the same $6 dominoes deal out there and she might try it
some great games this weekend plus we get to see the bengals play tomorrow night (i am interested in watching j.burrows)
kick ass man and lets get to the weekend brother