What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
cleveland pitt was a great game and im glad your browns made it to the show mrBungle
the steelers are the last undefeated team in the league up till a few weeks ago, but i tihnk they have lost what? like three of their last four?
this should be a great game sunday night and i hope the cleveland defense comes out to play!

rams are able to pull out a big win thanks to our defense and some decent play from the backup qb
wolford actually made some plays with his feet and threw some nice passes
seatle is a tough team but we have beaten them earlier in the season; again the rams need to play their game
bills meet up against indy and this is the game im keeping an eye on
i tihnk the bills are one of the most complete teams and i cant wait to watch them play
the fun is just getting started and i cant wait for the games to begin

chargers fire anthony lynn
herbert deserves better and lets hope they find a new head coach that appreciates his talents

i hear you hawk about how hard it can be to change some habits and maybe cutting down will work for you
i have been trying to mix in a glass of water during my drinking, to try and cut down on the liquor
you are still hanging out and having drinks, but a couple waters dosent hurt
so how did you know to have the dr cheack you out for liver problems?
like baba said, does it hurt or are there other signs like jaundice? take care of yourself brother and let us know what oyu think of that kratom

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, pittsburgh’s offense hasn’t been functioning well lately, but maybe with an extra week of rest Ben’s arm will have some more juice. Plus they’ve had some injuries on defense that have hurt them too. Should be a good game regardless.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I guess I have to give thanks to the rams for beating the cards and having the bears get the last playoff seed. Not sure if this mattered much with our draft pick order, I know all playoff teams get lower picks than teams that missed the playoffs, so maybe the bears are going to finish with a pick in the late teens (#18?) whereas if they missed the playoffs maybe their pick would have been #15 or so? Every little bit helps I suppose, especially if they want to draft a QB in the 1st round. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I missed just about all of the rams game Pop but I did see afterward that kyler was hurt for most of it, injured his ankle on the 1st drive and didn’t come back till the 2nd half and was clearly hobbled. So an ideal setup for the rams defense to shut them down, in fact their only pts came off a turnover, when wolford threw an INT on his very first pass. Im sure that didn’t inspire a lot of confidence at the time, lol, but give him credit, he really settled down and did a decent job moving the offense the rest of the way. They would have scored more points if not for an akers fumble at the goal line and settling for FGs. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Colts-bills and rams-hawks on Saturday look like good games, I agree. Bucs-WFT on Saturday night doesn’t look that compelling but WFT has a good defense so maybe they’ll give Tompa some trouble. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ravens-titans and browns-steelers on Sunday look good, that bears-saints game I doubt will be competitive. Once new orleans goes up a couple scores they’ll just grind out clock and watch the bears inept offense punt on 75% of their possessions. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speaking of drinking, I had a little too much Costco vodka yesterday and might have even blacked out a bit, which im not sure ive ever done before, at least on liquor. Lol the woman was NOT happy about that and poured the rest of my vodka down the sink, darn her! Ah well, maybe it’s for the best…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening baba, good to see you survived 2020
bens arm has to be running in the red and hurting, but he can still uncork some big throws when he needs to
they have a solid team on both sides of the ball that can can put up points and turn your lights out
the dawgs have a lot of weapons too and it looks like mayfield might have seen the light
if baker can start cooking* that team could be something to watch out for
rams were able to control the tempo of the game and the birds could not take over
the defense put us on the board and kind of was in the drivers seat the whole game, but wolford played a decent game
/after his opening int
he ran the ball at the right times and kept the team moving, akers was not having his best game but the rams still had enough to win
thats crazy that your ol' lady dumped out our booze! what were you up to man
ive never really blacked out either, i always remember the stupid shit i do when drunk
but i had a friend growing up who was notorious for his "spells"
what ahs become of us?
what happened to goJ? hopefully he isnt passed out drunk in some gutter!
/you are our only hope
cant wait for next weekends action to begin and hope all you guys are having a great start to the new year

*was going to say..... wait for it..... baking; derp

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey pops and baba.i don't have jaundice.i just feel like shit and hurt all over.probably have leaky gut syndrome too.my stomach is fucked.cant sleep.cant eat.i have had to detox about 10 times so that's how my doctor knew to check.i was drinking till I woke up till I passed out.got stupid yesterday and had a couple shots of crown Royal and captain Morgan on top of I don't even know how many beers.at least 12.im paying for it today.gotta get a colonoscopy in a couple weeks to see if I got cancer or something.fucks sake I turn 33 on the 15th.im too young for this shit.

The Browns are looking ok.its about time.Big Ben arm is probably shot.Bears played like I expected.doubt they will beat the saints.

I'm not gonna tell a grown man not to drink but you guys should definitely think about slowing down on the liquor but if you guys say you've never blacked out your probably not hitting the bottle too hard.i remember this guy saying your not drunk until you gotta hold on to the grass to keep from falling down! Lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow man, thats crazy
i know what you mean about how one drink is never enough and i hope you get better
whats leaky gut; i hear people talking about it but never really checked into the symptoms
i wish i wasnt hitting the bottle too hard but i just drink all the time
take care of yourself man and keep us updated on how you are doing if its not getting too personal
we are here for you man and i will drink for both of us

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks pops.the symptoms of leaky gut are symptoms similar to fibromyalgia and sweats, diarrhea, confusion.tons of things.doctors really don't know alot about it.pretty messed up I thought I was having DTs but it may have been leaky gut.thats kinda scary.
I'll let you guys know what the doc says friday.probably not good.thanks again pops

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Steelers haven’t been able to run the ball lately, and their receivers had a bad case of the dropsies at one point, and combine that with big ben playing worse as the season goes on, well, there’s a reason they lost 3 of 4 before sitting some of their starters vs the browns. Also they lost devin bush and bud Dupree, their 2 best linebackers not named TJ watt. We’ll see if baker can bake, if he balls out and they win a playoff game or two, he’ll probably get a nice fat extension during the offseason, so he’s got a lot riding on this.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speaking of cooking, Russell Wilson fell out of the mvp race when the hawks went back to a running, ball control offense. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rams/seahawks game ends up being another defensive battle.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I like that quote about hanging onto the grass if you’ve been drinking too hard, lol. I think luckily for me I haven’t been seriously drinking for too long, maybe just the last 3 years or so? But yeah, al-kee-hall is hard on your body, gives me the squirts the next day if ive had too much. I hope and pray that your health issues aren’t serious Hawk, Im at that age where seeing people around me losing their health is getting more common so I know how rough it can be. We take for granted just simple things like eating and pooping normally, basic bodily functions, but when they aren’t working well that’s when you start having a bad time. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you baba, getting older sucks
especially when people in your same age group stat passing away from natural causes, that really makes you think
i have had all sort of stomach problems and i think its because of the booze, but its getting better
i took a step in the right direction late last year, about teh same time me and the mrs broke it off
i feel pretty sad sometimes and i drink my days away to help deal with the pain, but i know that this will pass in time
a defensive battle would be playing right into the rams strength and hopefully the run game will be back this weekend
seatle is a dangerous team that can score from anywhere on the field and you will have to play four quarters of good football to beat them
but i think the rams have a chance
/have the announced the starting qb for the rams?
i think both the browns and steelers are solid teams and cant wait for that match up
the other big game i will be watching is the bills
/second best team in the afc
i cant wait for the action to start

we are all rooting for you hawk
get yourself right and live to fight another day
my friend recently had a scare with stomach/ gi problems
he would have these problems then come down with a fever, but it turned out to be his appendix
it got me thinking about my health more and not wanting to get so sick i couldent take care of myself right
we are all still way too young for that
keep up updated on how things are going man and be good to yourself my friend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I’ve had people in my age group, known to me but not close, pass away from strokes, etc. Which is scary to me because I do have a history of heart disease in my family, so I’ve been trying to hit the treadmill on a semi-regular basis, give my heart a bit of a workout so as to lessen cardiovascular issues down the road if I can.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My dog of 11 years started having liquid diarrhea about 4 months ago, we’re talking 6-7x a day and drinking tons of water (with dog electrolytes) to replenish her fluids. Vet diagnosed her with severe thickening of her intestinal walls, could not confirm cancer though without going in with a scope, which sedation at her age would be too risky. But just seeing my pup go through that misery for months before finally passing away recently, when before she was always healthy as a horse, good appetite and energy and solid poops, to losing your appetite and can’t keep what you eat from just passing right through you, it made me really appreciate normal health. After a night of fast food and heavy drinking, sure I might go diarrhea a few times the next day and even that will make me feel like ‘ugh no more’, but to go through that for week after week, month after month, doesn’t matter if you change what you eat; even the medicines (steroids and such) we gave her hardly worked. It’s stupid, but every time I think of her and how hard it must have been for her those last few months I cant stop myself from crying. Over a freaking dog…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rams D is just getting better and better, I guess it was a good move to part ways with wade phillips and go with this unknown kid, brandon staley, to call defensive plays. Aaron Donald would have won his 3rd straight Def player of the year award if not for TJ Watt, who led the nfl in sacks, tackles for loss and QB pressures. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Goff is supposedly ready to play after undergoing thumb surgery last week, hard for me to imagine he’s 100% since it’s on his throwing hand but maybe McVay wants to keep the Hawks guessing as to who’s going to be the starter. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some experts are picking the bills as their Superbowl champion, they’ve certainly been red hot lately. They whomped all over the Dolphins last week, who are a 10 win team. Still, it’s hard for me to go against the chiefs as repeat champs but the Bills are a very worthy opponent, and probably better than every NFC team except for maybe the packers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the few bright spots from all these health issues is that we’re most likely not too old to change our habits. I’ll admit it sucks having to give up drinking, which is hella fun, but it’ll save you money, health issues and maybe legal trouble down the line if you can at least get it under control. Hopefully your GI issues are something easily cured/handled, Hawk, and now the only stomachache you’ll get is watching trubisky attempt to pass downfield against a top 10 defense. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i know how hard it is to let go of a dog baba , pets are family
11y is pretty old and i know you guys shared some great times together
thats a good idea getting on the tread mill when you can
i still go for my walks and hit the weights but nothing like i used to
i agree that the bills are one of the best teams in the nfl and it looks like they are just starting their journey
im pretty sure j.allen is going to see a big fat contract extension in his future and if they can keep building on defense they should be a force to be recon with for years to come
the funny thing is i used to not drink in my 20s
i was like hawk and drank a lot when i was young, so when i turned 21 i kind of stopped drinking
i smoked a ton of weed and had a great time and dident get back into the booz till later
i think that might be the direction i head in one day, not drinkin but smoking a lot of weed again
but thats another day

shithawk420

Veteran
Actually when my dog died I hit the bottle the hardest.i was drinking like Leahy in my Avi it was that bad.totaly lost control.surprised I didn't die honestly.

Yeah the Bills kicking ass out of nowhere.didnt see them coming this year.but like baba said it's hard to go against the chiefs.hate to say it but Green Bay has a good shot too.gonna be fun.im just glad Brady isn't gonna take another superbowl.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I didn’t even cry this much when ive had actual human members of my family pass away. But every time I think of this damn dog, man, I can’t stop the eyes from watering. Just watching her get sicker and sicker and die in front of me just sucked. And yknow dogs, they have a high pain tolerance and aren’t verbal, but she never once complained about what was happening to her. It’s like I have more respect for her after watching her go through something for months that would have a human crying for relief after a week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Josh allen wont win the mvp, but he’ll come 3rd in voting behind Rodgers and mahomes and who thought he had that potential his first couple of years? He is definitely going to get a fat contract extension this offseason, will get mahomes/Watson type money (40M yr or so) because the bills have started a ton of crappy QBs since jim Kelly so theyre not going to let this one get away. You just hope it’s not an outlier season for him like 2017 was with wentz, where he’s never going to be as good again. One thing not in his favor is that his offensive coordinator, brian daboll, who’s been with him since his rookie year, is probably going to get a head coach job soon. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’d probably all be better off if we just stuck to weed, Pop, problem is that booze is one of america’s few legal drugs so it’s almost ubiquitous. Still, baby steps… it can be done. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Green Bay has a legit defense, Hawk, and Rodgers is back in Godgers mode this year, plus they’ve got good running backs. Still, i wouldn’t pick them to win the superbowl, something always seems to come up with them. Having home field through the playoffs is big for them though, making the hawks or saints come to Wisconsin in January. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wouldn’t even leave Tompa out of the mix either, despite their inconsistencies this season, when their offense and defense is on they can beat anyone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’ll see what happens, we have 3 rounds of playoff games before the superbowl, anything is possible. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i cant wait to see how this years post season unfolds!
we have some great teams and while there are a few hot tickets, its still anyones season at this point
im not really expecting to see a lot of upsets, which means that there will be upsets galore
i think j.allen is the real deal
he had a decent start and has gotten better since his rookie year
he is still a big strong guy, but he seems to be using his arm more which is what you want from your qb
they are build a decent defense and have some good weapons on offense
a.rog is having a great year like you mentioned baba and i would not could him out of any game until the very end
lets not forget about cleveland and pitt, they could regain their swagger and surprise a few folks too
rams... well we need to D up and hope the offense can at least keep us close
they still have a chance and maybe seeing the backup play like he did will light a fire under j.goffs ass

nothing wrong with mourning the loss of a loved one
ukie lived to be almost 16 y/o and in the end she get really sick
she was having problems with incontinence and we had to make her wear diapers but she never complained
even when her kidneys shut down and she was paralyzed from the mid section, she was always giving it her all
i will always miss her
appreciate the ones you love guys especially your four legged family

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
im not really expecting to see a lot of upsets, which means that there will be upsets galore

Haha Pop, yeah, sounds about right. Expect one thing only for the exact opposite to happen. Does this mean the bears will make a playoff run? I think a lot of bears fans are conflicted, they were hoping for new management and coaching and a new QB but this little win streak is throwing a wrench into the plans.

Cleveland has been hit with a lot of covid positives, they wont have their head coach/offensive playcaller for the Pitt game. So I think that doubled the spread, from Pitt by 3 to Pitt being favored by 6 now. Hope you got in before the line moved, Gojoe, if you're out there...

Yeah, when your pup stops moving and becomes incontinent, that's when you know it's near the end. Thankfully we only had to use diapers for a few days before she passed, but it was real hard watching her flop around, trying to move at the end. I did feed her CBG hash i got from a friend for the last few months, also a little canna olive oil too, stuff made her pretty high lol but i think it did help her with her appetite and movement and pain level.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
bears have a tough draw for their first game and i doubt they will beat the saints
i do see what you are saying how the head shed decides that "..well he got us to the playoffs last year, lets give him all the money!"
saw herbert won the o' roty! and he crushed it this season
when t.taylor went down with a freak injury he stepped in biggly and took the team over!
he racked up all kinds of rookie records including most td/ passing td by a rookie and
/ he should have also added most passing yrds by a rookie if it wasnt for a.lynn playing stupid with him and running the ball pretty much the whole second half of their last game
looks like he will be a star one of these days
hope you are wrapping up your week nicley and are all set for a nice weekend of football and weed
ill save a spot on the couch for you

where you at goJ? maybe we need to send out a search party
/baba check behind arbys and skid row
ill start with the bars, strip clubs and casinos

shithawk420

Veteran
I told myself I wansnt gonna buy another bears hat cause I've got like 10 of them but this one was really cool.looks better in person.my phone sucks.kinda regret it but I needed a new hat anyway.

Went to the doc today.i do have fatty liver disease but at least it's not scirrosis.he said I will get it if I keep drinking.if I drink every a few times a week I might be ok for a while. Definitely gonna drink some beer sunday.i can't wait for the bears and saints game.it just might be good.cant wait.bought some jack Daniels brisket I'm gonna make for the game.not really counting it's gonna taste all that good.you guys gonna make something good for Sunday?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
You're too young still - you'll survive a bit longer if you can replace drinking with something else. If you're going to damage yourself you want something that causes sudden death instead of years of hospitals. You don't really know how good good health is until you don't have it any more.

Hope you got in before the line moved, Gojoe, if you're out there...

Thanks yes not the best number at -4.5 but not the worst, and I hope none of us dies. If Ben's receivers can't catch TD's, Baker will throw some to the D. The only other ticket I have is under 47.5 - my math came out to PIT -8/45.5, BUF -7/51.5, SEA -3.5/42.5, TAM -11/45.5, BAL -5.5/54.5, NO -6.5/45.5. The under has cashed in the wildcards lately.

shithawk420

Veteran
Your right joe.it ain't no way to go.i didn't see it but my buddies pancreas went out and he was pissing and shiting himself in the end.he was 55.had a few other people I know die recently as well.just sucks cause drinking makes football even more fun.im doing pretty good though.except for last Sunday I haven't drank in almost 2 weeks. Good luck on the games joe.wish I could do what you do.gambling and drinking definitely don't mix lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Ive talked to bears fans and everyone’s conflicted; this little win streak at the end of the season, making the playoffs, kind of renewed their hopes but also we’re dreading that this is all a mirage if we commit to the same guys next year it’s all going to fall apart again. We’ve seen it happen too many times. It might be counter-intuitive, but I think foles might have a better chance of beating the saints than mitch; mitch plays better than foles against crap defenses but foles almost led the bears to a win over the saints earlier in the season, losing in overtime. If the bears offense can’t get anything going by halftime, I wouldn’t be surprised to see nagy make a change. Nagy knows his job is on the line, with a bad playoff loss he’s probably gone. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Herbert is the man, and people are saying the chargers job is a primo opportunity, with a lot of talent at the most important positions. If the next coach lets Herbert cook (youre right Pop, too often lynn would run run run and then have Herbert bail him out with some deep throws) and most important fixes that special teams unit they could be a 12 win team again. Maybe they should hire a special teams coordinator as their next head coach? John harbaugh was an ST Coor before being hired as the ravens HC and he’s done very well, winning a championship in 2012 and making the playoffs more often than not. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That’s great that it isn’t cirrhosis, Hawk! I mean, having a fatty liver isn’t great but I guess it’s reversible if you start taking better care of yourself, which it sounds like you’re doing. And I think fatty liver can be caused by eating too many sweets too? Not sure, I know last time I went to a doc they said my A1C or something was too high and I needed to cut my sweets in half, which I’ve done since then…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’ve seen that jack daniels brisket and ribs and pulled pork at sams club before, think I even got it once. Stuff is good and Im sure you’ll have some good eats during the game. Are you going to put it in sandwiches or just have it with potatoes or mac n cheese? As for myself not sure what I’ll eat, haven’t been too motivated to cook lately, maybe ill make some hot dog fried rice lol. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That’s a pretty grim statement GJ but I hear what youre saying, when your basic bodily processes go haywire then yeah, a swift death is better than a slow, painful one. For you and the people around you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So here are my money line picks for wild card weekend, all picks guaranteed or your money back. I’ll pick Buffalo (-6.5) vs Indy, Rams (+3) vs hawks, Tampa (-8) vs WFT, Baltimore (-3) vs Tenn, New orleans (-10) vs Chicago, and Pitt (-6) vs Cleveland. So of the 6 games this weekend my only underdog pick to beat the spread are the Rams, not saying they'll win outright but if they lose i think it'll be by less than 3 pts. I know these picks are very unimaginative but that's all i got...
[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im going all in baba', thanks for the picks!
ive soid everything i have and then some and will put it all on your locks
/the only things im having problems offloading is some used organs, but i hear hawk might be in the market for a new liver!
i have the feeling if the seahawks win today, its going to be by more than three so lets hope the rams come fully D and ready to play some ball
the other picks are pretty much rote but there might be an upset in the mix
/if i had to pick i would say ten or cle
its goign to be a great weekend of football and other than the rams i hope the best teams win!
lynn is not that good a coach and he did herbert dirty, but i doubt he will see himself HC next year
herbert will go on and have a great career in the nfl; eclipse rivers in chargers passing records and all but will still gt no super bowl rings
#f-spanos
goff need to prove he can lead a team, this would be a great time for him to step up

thats great news hawk
fatty liver isnt as bad as drinkin liver and you can add years to your life hawk by making some changes
i know people who dont drink, dont smoke, dont take drugs who are still dealing with fatty liver disease
/some are even in their late 30; most are 40-50yr
like you said, just stick to beer daily, or cut back to only a few days a week maybe; but give your body time to heal
when we were kids you could bounce back like it was nothing, but as we age our bodies kind of slow down
we got lucky and god takes care of drunks and fools and its never too late to make better choices
eta: sweet cap hawk! like the bear logo on the side and the C' up front

havea great weekend guys
GO RAMS!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts