What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the rams are pretty beat up going into the last week of the season and there is a lot riding on this last game
im hoping that tehre is still some magic left in the air and the rams can pull out a win here, otherwise i tihnk we need the bears to lose to the packers to get into the palyoffs
the season isnt over yet for the rams, but it left a lot of room to improve on
/maybe better qb play
we will see how it all goes, but this is crunch time for a lot of us!
the last week of football is going to decide who gets to go to the dance; lets hpoe your team bring its best game to the table and hope to see you in the post season

cant wait for the new year but dont really hvae any plans
/i like the vodka idea

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, now cooper kupp is on the covid reserve list so he probably wont play Sunday. But maybe van Jefferson will step up, he’s a promising rookie. And like you said, there’s plenty of receiving talent for wolford to throw to, woods and Higbee and Reynolds and Everett too. Also kyler murray isnt 100% either, he got leg whipped or something last game so he might be hobbled on Sunday, which might limit his running. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I figured out why the bears and cards would make the playoffs if they all finished 9-7 (bears win, cards win/rams lose). In a 2 team tiebreaker, if the bears and rams finished with the same record, the rams would win the tiebreaker since they beat the bears head to head during the season, but in a 3 team tie, the first tiebreaker is between 2 teams in the same division. Cards would have a better record than the rams in the NFC west, so they’d finish above the rams, and the bears beat the cards because they have a better record vs common opponents, so bears would be the #6 playoff seed and cards would be #7. That took way too much brainpower to figure out, lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chicago has been on a nice winning streak, and I think it’s the first time they’ve scored 30+pts in 4 straight games since the 60’s or something? Which, geezus, just points out how inept the Chicago offense has been the last 50 years but whatever. Im not feeling too hopeful about the bears chances vs the pack, Rodgers is like 19-3 vs the bears during his career, and the packers need to win this to lock up the 1st rd bye in the NFC so they’ll be going all out too. Also Rodgers is probably going to be the MVP this year, mahomes was in the lead a month or so ago but has thrown too many int’s and not enough td’s lately, like Gojoe pointed out KC has been in a lot of close games recently. But I do hope Chicago can make a game of it, it would be like our superbowl if we could beat GB this last game and then maybe even the first round of the playoffs too. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for figuring out how the tie breakers work and that makes sence baba, teams in the same division are going head to head, then the best from that pool goes into the next
either way it looks like two teams from the nfc.w get to move on; either the rams or the birds
thats an interesting stat about the bears not having scored 30+ in four straight for so long
but you also have to remember that that includes one of the greatest superbowl teams of all time, with the macmahon bears from wht, 1985?
it was mostly their defense that took them so far but the offense had just enough going for it that they were the nest team in the league
/wishes i had some old school piney kush or this garlic bud i used to grow!
the rams are on the ropes but im not going to give up hope just yet
/it makes the loss sting jsut hat much more
the receivers you mentioned are all good to very good players and they have a chance against the cardinals
its just going to take the defense playing its game and they need some help on offense
cant wait for the action to start but thats for next year
hope you have a great new years eve and are all set to kick ass in 2021

where you at goJ, hope you arent hanging out behind the arbys looking for work brother
and you too hawk, hope you have a great new years eve too and 2021 goes your way
and all the rest of you guys too! happy new year and the best wishes for you and yours

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, it looked like the nfc west would put 3 teams in the playoffs, especially since they expanded the field to 7 teams per conference instead of 6, but this little win streak by the bears put them back in the picture.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The ’85 Bears defense was historically great, even still by some measures it ranks #1, but that team also had Sweetness (walter payton) at RB. It’s a different game nowadays with the rules favoring offense, you’re going to need more than a punky QB (jim mcmahon) to lead a team to a championship, no matter how great your defense is. Even Russell Wilson and joe flacco, in 2014 and 2012 respectively, weren’t great QBs at the time but they performed well in the superbowl. And of course they also had historically great defenses backing them up. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I still want the NFC east winner to finish 6-10, it can happen if the giants beat the cowboys and the eagles beat the WFT. How messed up would that be if an NFC team wins their division and hosts a playoff game at 6-10 and an AFC team missed the playoffs at 11-5? [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey thanks pops.hope you guys have a happy New years.just found out I've got liver disease so no drinking for me.Its not easy the way I drink

The only team I think to have a better record then the Bears were the Dolphins cause they won every preseason game and regular season game and I think the Bears lost 1 preseason and won all regular season games.dont know what year the dolphins won but obviously the 85 bears were something of a legend.The Superbowl Shuffel! Come on!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh you know i remeber sweetness
walter payton is one of the greatest rb of all time and as a kid i used to try and run like him, welcoming contact and bringing the hurt to defenders
he had it all and will always be in my top-3
/earl campbell and l.tomlinson round it out
yeah its beena crazy season
i have a friend who is furious that the nfc.e even get to go to the dance
but i think the rules are fair and each division gets at least one representative
cant wait for the action to start and im going to watching a few teams with their seasons on the line

my man hawk! good to see you brother and hope you had a happy new years eve
that sucks that you got the liver disease, but it sounds like you have been living hard for a long time
sometimes i get worried about my health too and think i need to cut back on the booze before its too late
not even like stop drinking but just cut back a couple days a week
/that would be a start
so what did you do for the new years, i hope you still had fun and are all set for the new year
smoke a bunch of weed and enjoy yourself, just stay away from the liquor; you can do this

we will see how the ball bounces tomorrow and i cant wait for the post season to kick off

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Maybe it was a good thing after all for Tua not to get drafted by the Jets this year even if they'd pay him more. I'm hoping for a high-scoring game for him this week, over 43. I've heard that a left-handed QB is a big adjustment for everyone else - maybe this is a problem for the offense. It looks like it all comes down to the best QB's doing their thing, and it's the old folks who are motivated and I think will last, this year. The Patsies showed how big name coaches end their careers. Seriously your game plan is to call for a shootout and all you've got is dirt clods? Lots of teams with needs that the draft won't help.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I might be right behind you Hawk, with the liver disease. But im finna chug this vodka as much as I can until a doctor tells me to stop, you only live once![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1985 bears were so pimp, releasing a song about winning the superbowl weeks BEFORE the superbowl. Can you imagine a team doing that nowadays, they would get blasted in the media so bad. It was a magical year for the bears, too bad we’ve been living off the fumes of that one season for what, 35 years now? Lol…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Dolphins were the only team to finish with a perfect season, back in the 70s when it was a 14 game season. Supposedly the surviving members of that team, they chill a bottle of champagne when every season begins, and they don’t pop the corks until the last undefeated team that season suffers a loss. Which this past season would have been the steelers in week 12. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking of liver disease, isnt that what payton died of? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So who you got this week, Gojoe? Patriots will finish with a losing record for the first time in 20 freaking years but I think next year they’ll come back strong, they’ll get a lot of their defenders back, have a lot to spend in free agency, and may upgrade at QB too. I actually think Belichick did a great coaching job this season, for a roster with virtually no passing game they beat some good teams, at one point were even in the playoff picture. If he gets better QB and WR play they’ll be a good team again. [/FONT]

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The ??? line of the week was FL -8 over OK. I proved earlier with AZ/SF not to bet against the backup QB first start. PIT, KC, ATL, DET have value - obviously going from most value to least. So last week I accidentally figured out how the NFL OU is done - in weeks 1-15 - 3 months late. PHI and WAS should have less points than their first meeting week 1. The low scoring games that Miami has had have been against bad offenses. Time for Tua to show he's better than Cam.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"...not to bet against the backup QB first start."
so whats your take on the rams game this weekend?
can they get the W or are we hoping for a loss in chicago against the packers?

i agree that a l. handed qb is different
the ball comes from the other side and the spin is different on it
m.vick might have been on of the best l handed qb
/just checked a list and it turns out boomer esiason was a lefty

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Florida lost by 35 pts (!) to Oklahoma so yeah, being favored by 8 was a big mistake. Then again, Florida gave Bama a tough game in the SEC championship, and OU started the season 0-2, so maybe that line made more sense at the time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Going into a must win game with a QB who hasn’t taken an NFL snap isn’t ideal Pop, but at least the guy got some playing experience in the AAF, and he’s been on the squad for a while so he should know the playbook. I actually think he might do pretty well, Cardinals aren’t a bad defense but aren’t that great either, and mcvay is smart enough to know he needs to give his inexperienced QB some easy plays. We’ll see how it turns out. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
goff wasnt playing anywhere near where i was hoping he would be at this point in the season so the change could be a breath of fresh air for the team
its going to take all the other pieces coming together and playing their best game for the rams to pick up this win but it could happen
cant wait for the action to start!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
So hiding this guy was strategy or ? It was looking like Kyler would be out too, so it's hard to say what will happen. My number is ARI -2 on a neutral field, even though they lost at home by 10. Ramses have a much better chance covering now than they did Monday at -5. If Kyler can throw and the new guy can run the offense, the over is the best play. Rattler doesn't have Trask's numbers but they weren't that far behind. Being mocked by Mahomes on the newer State Farm commercial worked out.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Goff is going to finish just shy of 4k yards passing (3952) with 20 tds and 13 ints. Not a great stat line except for the passing yards. But give the rams credit, they haven’t won fewer than 9 games/yr since mcvay was hired, which is impressive. And maybe goff isn’t worth his contract, much like wentz, but im afraid the bears might make the same mistake too. If trubisky beats the packers tomorrow and wins a playoff game, they might sign his ass to a 20M/yr deal, after which he’ll promptly start sucking again, based on watching bears football for the past 4 decades. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cardinals are favored by 3pts now, at Sofi stadium. Kyler will play but it doesn’t seem like he’ll run much. I have no idea who’s going to win or beat the spread on this one, there’s so many unknown factors (new QB for the rams, kyler isn’t 100%, etc) that I wouldn’t want to touch this game. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Green bay is favored by 4pts at Chicago, they just lost their pro bowl left tackle to an acl injury suffered during practice (Bakhtiari) so maybe that gives Khalil mack and company some more opportunity. The homer in me says the bears win outright but considering the packers are the leagues highest scoring team take my opinion with a grain of salt, lol. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hope your bets work out Gojoe, and hope your health gets better Hawk. I know 2020 was a shitty year for a lot of people but maybe 2021 will work out…[/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks pops and baba.might have something to drink tommorow and call it's quits for awhile.wanna enjoy the last bears game and they are playing the Packers to boot.i think the bears will play well.at least I hope so lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
think the rams strategy this year was for goff to take the jump to the nest level, not to just float by as a qb (or even regress)
who knows what will happen at this point, but the season hangs in the balance
they have a decent team if the offense can jsut step it up
the rams defense is close to being all time great but it still needs some help from the offense at this point
the rams can beat az but they need to play their game this weekend; big D and control the tempo of the game with at least some offense

so what did the drs say hawk?
did they tell you to stop all together or just to cut back
im trying to cut back on my own, because i know i drink more than any normal person should
but you are still pretty young and have a whole lot of life ahead of you brother! maybe pace yourself better and see how it goes
oh and smoke more weed!

enjoy the games guys

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey pops.the doctor told me to quit altogether but I'm not the kind of person that can quit forever.i wanna try to drink once a week but I know I'd probably go on a binge.my brother gave me some Kratom to try so maybe that would help.

Steelers and the browns should be a good game.have a good football day guys.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What does liver disease feel like? Is it just jaundice (yellow eyes) or are there more symptoms involved? I need to know so I know what to watch out for, lol. I'll finish off this costco vodka today for the bears game but i might have to make 2021 an alcohol free year too, Hawk.

I thought Goff made some strides this year making plays on the move, on designed roll outs and moving the pocket. He still struggles mightily when he has to improvise on the move, and with his receiver talent his numbers, especially td passes, should be a lot better than what they are. We'll see what wolford brings to the table, i think he'll either be great or terrible, with no inbetween.
At least the rams arent planning to trade Goff this offseason. Supposedly wentz and the eagles are certain to part ways this season, philly still owes a lot of money to him but there's a few teams (colts, pats, etc) that will need a QB and dont have a high draft pick.

Speaking of retaining underperformed QBs, trubisky and the bears put up good pts vs bottom 5 defenses the last month. Packers will be a much tougher test, as much as I'd like to see trubisky run and pass all over the packers will this result in the bears giving him a nice fat contract? Im not sure I want to see another 2-3 years of mitch at QB...

MrBungle

Browns are playoff bound!! looks like they will play the full squad of the same team again, next week, on their turf... Should be another nail biter.. We will see!!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It's great cleveland made the playoffs, i feel like their hype came one year too early. This year's team is what last year's squad was supposed to be. But having to play the steelers again, with ben at QB, is a tough one. It's the closest line of the wild card round, with pitt favored by 3.5.

Chicago plays at the saints on sunday afternoon, and it's the largest spread of the weekend with new orleans favored by 8.5. They legitimately have a good D and mitch struggles against anyone with even an average defense, so can't say I expect chicago to win, but we'll see. Kamara should be back by sunday off the covid list, and michael thomas should be back off IR too. Brees might retire after this year but he's got enough game left to put up points on the bears.