What's new

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds rough hawk and im glad your mom is doing better
hopefully she will be back home soon and can get all the way better
who has the costco member ship, the place is rad but weve had to dial back our costco spending lately
some things you get there are great bought in bulk but other things seem like too much
/i dont need to buy a dozen croissants at a time
so it looks like quite a haul you scored and they do have good meat there
im seeing all kinds of good stuff on that table, starting with the packet of mild taco bell sauce
how are you fixin up those slabs of meat?
kirkland booze is actually really good and the price is right, often its the same thing in the bottle as the expensive brands on the store shelf but they label it kirkland brand
/i hear their vodka is grey goose, just kirkland labeled
makes sence
sounds like you are doing better

shithawk420

Veteran
thanks pops,i am doing better.my brother has the membership.first time going and spent more than what i wanted but dont regret it.even bought some birria meat so now i can easily make my own.all you do is put it in the microwave and get your shells.im gonna fry it with cheese ofcoarse like ive seen on youtube.ill take a pic of the box.got a ton of pork belly too.not sure how im gonna cook that.got my steak sitting at room temp.gonna make that soon

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that cool you and your bro went shopping
those tacos sound awesome and i will have to look for them next time im there
/dip that shit in the juice! thats where its at
oh man! i know what you mean about always spending more than you planned at costco
but it sounds like you came out with some good stuff and will be eating good and drinking good for at least the next few days
kick ass man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
AB’s team, the Albany Empire, got kicked out of the AFL for the missed payments. We’ll see what happens, he’ll probably have to make the pmts or sell the team to be readmitted.

Ive heard of the supplemental nfl draft, it’s normally for college players that were declared ineligible for the upcoming college season for some reason, like taking impermissible benefits (terrell pryor in 2012). But with college players getting NIL money (name image likeness) now they can legally be paid so not sure there will be any valuable players in this supp draft. Plus the downside is that any picks you make in the supp draft you lose in the regular draft next year (you spend a 1st rd pick in the supp draft, you don’t get one in the big april draft).

Yeah that bridge explosion was just to remove pieces of it, the new bridge is right next to it plus the river is used for boat traffic so they don’t want to bring the whole thing down at once.

Im glad they got ur mom stabilized, hopefully she’ll be in better shape when she gets home too. Does she get nursing care at home, like an RN comes by once a day for meds?

Yeah Hawk, it's great u discovered costco. They got some really quality meat although usually it’s fairly pricey, those steaks were $16 a lb? That’s very good for prime NY strip. I think walmart was charging you for that much and they were more like choice plus, not prime.
And the liquor deals are great too, handles of kirkland vodka for like $12 and like Pop said in taste tests people think it’s as good as grey goose. They have kirkland french vodka for like $17 not sure if it’s that much better but maybe.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
save the $5 and just the kirkland brand
unless you are doing shots you it dosent really matter and if i was drinking it neat i would go for titos
did you guys know titos vodke is made in tx?
i had no idea but their booze game is strong back there
i came across a few stellar varieties and a couple were locall made
bomb city vodka was the bomb and who dosent like a cool bottle?!
https://bombcitydistillery.com/
yeah i dont see a lot of value in this supplemental draft coming up but we will see is anyone bites; otherwise not much nfl news
it sounds like ab might be on the hook for some money
that really sux for the players, maybe if they dont reinstate the team the can find spots on other teams?

shithawk420

Veteran
Cool bottle.wtf is with pickle vodka? I saw some in a gas station too.sounds gross.heres the birria meat and another box of taco meat and fixings.only thing missing is Mexican cheese
20230620_094155.jpg
20230620_094204.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
birria and barbacoa?! man you are going to be eating good these next few days
i dont remember either style having cheese on it but you can never go wrong with some queso fresco
cook that sh!t up
yeah i dont know whats up with the pickle vodka but it must be a mid west/ southern thing
i remember doing shot in tx at a party and they had pickle juice chaser

shithawk420

Veteran
I thought you put cheese on the Berria and flattened and fried it in a pan a few seconds? Ether way should be good.anyway this is the star of the show.pics don't do it justice.its so tender.almost as tender as filet mignon.
20230620_201818.jpg

Attachments

• 20230620_201128.jpg
    20230620_201128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Alright so it’s not worth paying the extra $5 for the french vodka over the american vodka? Hawk, do you even like vodka? I hardly ever buy rum, it’s pretty sweet, do you drink it straight or mix it?
Supposedly the french vodka comes from the same water source as grey goose, although grey goose claims their water comes from a private well, maybe the kirkland comes from the tap in france.

I think the afl hasn’t played since 2019, and the albany empire (AB’s team) won the championship that year. Supposedly theyre going to play starting next year. Hopefully they’ll resolve the AB situation by then.

The rams signed sony michel at RB again. He had a decent first year (800 rush yds, 4.1 ypc) with the rams back in 2021, when they won the superbowl, then spent last season with the chargers where he hardly played, now he’s back with the rams. Whaddaya think, Pops, is he strictly 3rd or 4th string at this point?

Never heard of pickle vodka, I like pickles well enough but I’d have to agree with Hawk, doesn’t sound too appealing. Then again a vodka martini with olives might be similar and I don’t mind those. I guess it depends on how strong the pickle flavor is. Maybe it’s good to stave off the dehydration you get from alcohol.

I think Hawk is right, they use a good amount of cheese with birria tacos when they crisp up the tortillas on the grills, those are queso birria tacos. Maybe if youre lactose you can omit the cheese and go with just cilantro and onion. Dip the tortilla in the consomme, onto the flattop, small handful or big pinch of cheese on top, then the meat, fold over and finish frying. I think any sort of shredded cheese would work, doesn’t have to be a mexican cheese. Let us know how it is, although real birria is goat, not beef. You ever have goat, Hawk? They don’t seem to have a lot of meat on them, not compared to other domesticated animals.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i like the add of sony michel
cam is the starter and i think sony will be his back up (2nd string) and could see his share of reps
another player to keep an eye on is van jefferson, this could be his break out year and i can see him getting his share of looks
i remember talking him up as a rookie but he never made thejump to the next level
lets hope this is his year
i dont thinkive had the queso birria but the shell are super crispy so it could be they do fry it in cheesy goodness
ive never made them myself but its super popular here in san diego for years, same with barbacoa
the birria here is eaten like a french dip where you will get some sauce on teh side and you dip, pour that all over the taco and its super good
dont wear nice clothes and dig in!

shithawk420

Veteran
im not a big vodka drinker.i prefer clear rum.not this spiced stuff but i didnt really get a chance to look around like i wanted.this spiced rum is cheaper and stronger and better tasting than captain morgan.not big on captain morgan.i like to switch it up.ill drink it on the rocks or if im gonna use a mixer i like coke.right now im using organic strawberry lemonade from costco.
never had goat.id try it but something tells me its not all that great.but i dont know and i dont think i know anybody thats tried goat.you guys ever try goat?

shithawk420

Veteran
Sorry about all the food pics.got nothing to do but eat and drink to keep me from worrying.my mom called me and could barely talk.guess they took the tubes out of her throat.probably used them to get the fluid out of her lungs.anyway I've just been eating and drinking alot.made some pasta in a meat and veggie sauce.it was good but wish I had real picorino Romano cheese.im not italian but i cant stress how important it is to mix the noodles with the sauce.if a real italian see you just laddle the the sauce on top you might just get into a fight lol
20230621_182303.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
if they just pulled the tubes from her throat she might be a little horse
hopefully she is feeling better and can come home soon
to me goat is kind of gamey but i dont even like lamb so i might not be the best one to ask
ive had it roasted and in stews, both were ok but you could tell it was not pork
that plate looks pretty good man!
you have to mix the noodles with the sauce! before serving
i put the noodles and sauce in a pan and give it a good stir and let it kind of cook a bit
the noodles soak up some of the sauce and thicken everything up

shithawk420

Veteran
i like lamb but this was special straight from the farm lamb.same with the beef and pork.this guy was 5 generation rancher.other than that never had lamb like it.its just meh now from regular places.
thats pretty much how i do my pasta and ill keep some of the pasta water and stir in the sauce as i see fit.hey im almost italian!my great aunt married an italian guy!im a paisano!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Didn’t cam akers almost get traded last year? There was some sort of drama with him. But he did turn it on towards the end of the year iirc so maybe everything’s cherry with him now.
I think kyren williams, their rookie from last year, will be their #2 and sony will be #3. Maybe Sony will handle short yardage and goal line stuff, he’s pretty stout. And kyren will be their pass-catching/3rd down back.
Van jefferson is their #2 WR, and skowronek their #3. Higbee at TE gets a lot of targets too so who knows how often stafford will target jefferson. If ur right maybe he’s worth a late fantasy draft pick, stafford throws enough to support two 1000yd receivers. He's got to become more consistent, he'll have a 100yd or 1-2td game, then very little the next 2-4 games, then another good game.

The two times I tried to make birria (with beef not goat) I used cheese when frying them up. It wasn’t exactly on point imo, think I needed to strain the peppers and veggies from the broth, blend them up and add them back in. If Hawk says the birria from costco is good ill try that too if they have it around here.

Rum and coke is always a good mixed drink, I guess you like your drinks sweet, huh Hawk? That 4 Loko stuff is super sweet, ive been working on the last can I have and it’s like im drinking sugar and alcohol at the same time, my stomach is having trouble with it I think lol.

The only time ive had goat was at african restaurants, they have a few around chicago, also at the Taste of Chicago. Didn’t really care for it, the meat was alright, like beef but maybe gamey/stronger taste which was fine, the thing I didn’t like was it was on the bone and there was more bone and cartilage than actual meat. Im like nibbling the edges of this chunk of bone trying to find some decent meat on it.

Probably the only time I eat lamb, unless I get lamb chops at a steakhouse, is when I eat gyros, which typically uses a lamb/beef meat mix for those big cones they set on a vertical rotisserie. Probably 10% lamb and 90% beef lol.

That’s the way to do it, heat up some sauce in a pan, drop some al dente noodles in, a little bit of the pasta water in (the starchy water helps the sauce stick to the noodles better) and then stir a bit and plate it. Hawk learned his lesson good from those foodie shows, that’s how it’s always done in italian restaurants.
If you get a chunk of peccorino-romano and just grate it as needed it can last for months in the fridge, or until you use it all.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah there was some static with cam mid season last year, but it seems like they smoothed thigns out and like you said he came back and put up ok numbers
i like k.williams and thnk he is def a big part of the offense
it could just come down to roster stuff and we will see who gets the touches
hopefully this will be a breakout year for v.jef and he can take some of the heat off soopercooper
si i read the bear have asked m.vick to come and have a sit down with fields
i can see some similarities between the two players playing styles and im sure vick has a lot of insight into being a mobile qb
gyros sound awesome and i havent had middle eastern food ina while
i ahve some errands to run and one of the takes me near this spot called the baba kabob
https://babakabobsd.com/
im hearing all kinds of good stuff about the place but its a $50 lunch for two with an app
/no tip for you, im getting carry out

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, was it because he wasn’t happy darrell henderson was getting all the touches earlier in the season? Not sure what went on there, but I think cam even wanted to be traded at one point. Well, hopefully he’ll be happier this year, but this is his last year of his rookie contract so he’ll be wanting an extension at some point, what do you think would be a fair annual value for him?

I hadnt heard that vick visited the bears, but not surprising, fields grew up in georgia when vick was with the falcons so he’s probably a big fan. I remember some of vick’s scrambling but I have the feeling he could have run for even more yards if he wanted to, back then scrambling wasn’t as encouraged as it is now, he was always pressured to be a better pocket passer.

That place looks good, always love middle eastern food but $50 for a 2 person meal with an appetizer doesn’t seem that great of a deal, the entrees are $16 at most and the apps are like $12. So that should be $44-45 for 2 people (splitting one appetizer) just ordering off the menu. Unless maybe you get 2 apps which saves you like $5. Did you go there, how was it?

You said you used to be a surfer, Pops? You ever have a baby seal climb on your board?

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive surfed plenty and recognize that area from the coastline
i dident surf with people like that, a bunch of long board straight ahead freds who are just out there bobbing in the water
/talk to me when the waves get over 2ft
i know the spot but i dident really surf there, the waves werent that good even when it was pumping, but i had some friends who lived in the area so when i would visit we would head out
/ not at that exact spot but i can see certain points of reference
the funny thing is when you are in teh water its not some disney movie like they are showing, seals are ass holes and dolphins are scarry!
have you ever had a 200# fish swim under you so close you can feel the water move?
yeah, i tend to keep my hands to myself and try not to touch the bottom
plus like that lady said, ive seen seals jump onto boats, it means there is a big shark in the water;why else would the be so desperate to get out of the water
but this one is so cute; SO F"N CUTE >:{=
/i have seen what happens to a seal after it gets hit by a shark and have this crazy story about a dead seal washed up on the rocks
we are having more white shark sightings here in san diego

/this just down the road from me, the tourist beach
yeah the meals are kind of pricy but i hear its pretty good, $16 a plate is par for the course
like you said $40-some dollars for the food but dont forget about the tax; $50 for two people isnt a hard reach
/pops dont tip if he dont sit down and get full on table service
i might head out there this afternoon because i ahve some business to do in the area and it would be a fun friday treat
i also heard there were some personal issues with c.akers and that was part of what kept his away
i would rank him in the lower third to be real, he could jump to the mid level but he has a long way to go to be considered elite
like you said this is his last year and sometimes guys will ball out to get that next sweet deal, the rams could use that on offense
right now i see them as a pass first check down second O'

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha yeah, I forgot to mention that was in SD, that’s cool u recognized the area. Seemed like there was a lot of seaweed floating in the water, you mentioned lots of it washing up on shore. But even in lake michigan we get a lot of seaweed in the water and washing up on the beach, guess that’s why they call it the sea.
Straight ahead freds, lol, that’s the term for the lame-o’s that don’t really surf? What’s the tallest wave you’ve even surfed u think? 20 ft?

I hear you on the sharks and other sea life, even the thought of all that water under me creeps me out. How was the salt water on ur body, was it rough? I guess you were younger then so you could handle it.

If the rams extend akers I imagine he’d get somewhere like 5-7M/yr. David montgomery averaged 800yds and 7 tds with the bears (had a 1k yard and 8 td season in 2020) over 4 years with the team and got 6M/yr from the Lions (3 yr, 18M deal, 11M guaranteed) so that might be a good comparison for Akers, who's good but not great. For sure he wont get anything in the 8 figure a year range (10M+/yr), not unless he becomes a top 5 RB this season.

Hope Hawk is doing ok, I wonder how his birria tacos turned out. Still waiting on a report from him.