What's new

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh wow man, that looks good baba, how thick was that pie?
/and what is that topping? salami baloney? give me some
it could also be the temps in your area effecting how your bread rises
when its cold it takes a little longer and some peopl will even warm the dough a bit to get the shit going
it looks good and who dosent like fresh bread?
3 teams out of the afc.e is kind of a reach but i can see two teams making the playoffs
bills win the division and mia might make a wild card
/pops jumps out of water clapping flippers and making skawking noises!
jets/pawts are kind of reaches at this point but we will see
the afc.w is the division to beat and if jimmy.g or russ gets cooking who knows how hawt that sauce will be
/kc wins div: lcocs wild card: ???
you have never had pollock hawk? its actually not badnot as good as cod but its good for fish and chips
a flakey white meat that taste good fried with tarter sauce and fries!
im getting on this ground turkey bandwagon biggly and think i might work it into the rotation

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah it would be both baba but especially the beer with make it even worse.beer is basically liquid bread.in fact you could probably make good bread with beer.your bread looks good.id eat it.naw never had fresh pollock pops.id try it but I'd still be thinking of nasty fake crab.used to eat it when I was a kid but I wouldn't touch it outside a cali roll.been meaning to make that turkey pasta.gotta do it today so it don't go bad.havent had a beer in a few days so not feeling good.fricken sick of being sick all the time.ate alot yesterday though.buncha apples,peaches and an apricot or something.and a couple kaiser roll sandwiches.i almost never eat that much.
20230611_143718.jpg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The pie was definitely thick, I could have used half the dough and it would have been better. But cooking it on the range afterwards did give a nice crispy crust to the bread, I used a bunch of olive oil to grease the pan so it was almost fried on the bottom.
It was deli salami from sams club, a little spicy but good on pizza.
Yeah, proofing dough depends a lot on room temp, it’s been cool lately so I left it in a microwave to stay warm a bit more (oven would have worked too). I might proof it for 24 hrs next time, more rise should make it fluffier im thinking.

With 3 wild cards making the playoffs, it’s technically possible a division could have all 4 teams make the playoffs. Now that the jets have a QB and the pats have an offensive coordinator, I wouldn’t discount both of them making the playoffs. But ur right, the fact they all play 6 games against each other makes it very hard for all 4 afc east teams to make the playoffs, they’d have to win like 75% of their non-divisional games (8-9 wins out of the other 11 games).

I don’t know what to expect out of denver, sean payton is a great coach so hopefully he gets wilson back on track. Thing is Wilson isnt a great pocket passer, especially on over the middle throws because of his lack of height, and he’ll turn 35 during the season so he’s not as mobile as he used to be. But we’ll see, he’s got a decent amount of talent on the broncos so the offense could be a top 10 unit if everything goes their way.

I don’t think I can tell the difference between pollock and cod, theyre both basic whitefish to me – mild flavor, needs some sauce to really bring out the taste. But ur both right, pollock is cheaper than cod, and is used to make that imitation crab meat, it’s also used to make the Filet o Fish at Mcdonalds. When was the last time you had a filet o fish?

I know people with gluten allergies cant drink beer, but u seem to eat bread just fine Hawk so maybe it’s not a gluten allergy? Or maybe u havent really tried cutting out gluten to see if ur skin clears up.
Sorry to hear u ran out of beers and arent feeling good, but at least ur eating good and healthy. When I drink a lot I almost feel like alcohol is this slow acting poison, I feel better if I can flush it out of my system (takes a day or two tho).
That’s an idea, using beer to make bread. The co2 in beer might help it rise more too. I only have this nasty 4loko stuff, no actual beer tho. Man Hawk ur right Four loko is some wild stuff, tastes so sweet but has so much alcohol in it, I feel like it’s a double punch to my liver and pancreas.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I always beer with 4 loko so I don't know how buzzed I'm actually getting.im done with that stuff.espicially cause it's almost 4 bucks a can here.can believe these crooks charged me almost 30 bucks for a 30 pack of natural is.i could of got 4 6 packs of 16 ounce cans,got more beer and still would of been cheaper.my dad is so dumb I swear.he says by a bunch of 30 packs or get a keger.wtf am I gonna get a keg of natural ice and where am I gonna put it? He says get a bucket of ice and put it in my room! Yet he thinks he's smarter than me based on the sole fact he's older.he is one stupid sum of a bitch.hopefully when he gets out of prison his head with be on his shoulders better.didnt know filet o fish was pollock but not surprised.its cheaper.i don't eat those anyway.if I'm getting a fish sandwich it's gonna be Culver's.didnt know sean Payton went to the broncos.he might be able to do something with them.havent been paying attention to football.gonna wait till preseason.gonna look good on my new big screen.
My brother got a promotion at John deere so they gave him some VIP tickets to the River Bandits baseball game.he don't talk to me anymore and he don't watch sports so I don't know how he liked it.it might only be minor league buts it's probably his first real time going to a sports game.ha ha,river bandits.kinda funny name.im sure there were lots of bandits on the Mississippi.probably how they got the name.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i kind of like the added wild card spot
it lets that last team play that one more week (great for the fan base) and gives them a hope of being the darkest horse
i see what you mean about how den might not be optimized for russ but he can still cook
cod seems a little more robust to me but you are right, they are both flakey white fish
with some good sauce they arent bad and i love a good fish and chips
you have never heard of beer batter baba? that is how we made fish tacos back in the day
i wish we had culvers out here hawk, that or braums! those places are good
i used to love going to live sports! and minor league is kind of cool
you can get way closer to the action than mlb/nfl and you can even interact with the players
i usd to go to padres spring training back in the day and met a few players; they were all pretty cool
otherwise you are in a small stadium watching minor league baseball
that sounds pretty rad

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I got the 4loko on sale, think it was less than $3 a can for 3 of them at Jewel-osco, not bad for 28oz of malt liquor that’s 14% abv. $4 a can isnt great, and $1 a beer for nat ice is pretty darn high. Don’t people in Iowa like to drink? Are their booze taxes high or something?
You could get a kegerator if you buy half kegs on the regular, it keeps ur keg cold. Although people back in the day used to drink room temp beer all the time, I don’t mind a room temp beer if that’s all I have.

I love a good beer battered piece of fish, costo sells some in the frozen section that’s pretty darn good for something you have to reheat. Definitely would make a good fish taco, I’d do that rather than batter and fry up my own fish. You guys ever fry fish at home or nah?

There’s 37 culver’s locations in AZ but only 14 in TX, around dallas, houston, austin and san antonio. Not sure if youre around those cities when u go to TX but theyre there. I havent tried the fish at culvers, I missed the walleye sandwich they have for Lent but they sell the cod sandwich and filets year round so might try that sometime, see if it’s as great as Hawk says it is. He’s not wrong tho Culvers is pretty fire food, cooked to order so always fresh but doesn’t take more than a 5-10min wait.

Well with nfl and nba done all I have is baseball to tide me over till August when nfl and college football start. Both cubs and white sox are around 10 games under .500 so not looking great there, padres are 3 games under .500 so they have a chance. They have fernando tatis jr and juan soto as their young stars to watch and build around, they seem pretty free-spending for a somewhat small market team. They signed xander boegerts, their shortstop, to an 11yr 25M/yr contract, so unlike the chicago teams theyre willing to spend in free agency, making them more like new york or boston.

shithawk420

Veteran
they just tax the hell out of it baba.people in IA love to drink.got breweries everywhere.plus i think they charge me to use a debit card.thats absurd.its easier than them counting money.fucking scammers man.these fucking indians own all the liqour stores and they are all scammers.im tired of it.i can drink beer at any temp when im not going through withdrawels.then it just makes me when throw everything up so its gotta be cold then.
i tend not to batter my fish in beer unless i got enough.cant remember how i battered my fish tacos.havent done it in so long.i used tilapia cause thats all its really good for and its cheap.youd have to cut cod thinner unless you want a big taco.the only complaint i have with the culver fish is it needed salt.ugh now im getting hungry.got no way to get food and dont feel like making pasta.got now way to get beer either.my brother is picking my mom up to go to the doctor.im sure they will get some food and get me nothing.fuck what a shitty day.im in a bad mood and its getting worse.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those sound like rip ff [prices but you go with what you can get
/dont get me started on indians and booz
thats bs about them charging you everytime you use your card hawk, do they have an atm?
pull some money out and pay with cash if you can
i like to keep a few bills in my wallet because i go to some places like that, they will charge you to use your card
plus a true gentleman always keeps a well stocked wallet
im not a fan of tilapia, it tastes like mud fish to me, almost like cat fish, but my mom likes it so i eat it every now and then
you gotta eat man, even if it just some crackers or a crappy sandwich
i was thinking about those meal replacement drinks, like ensure, but they are hella spendy
maybe i could get a powder and make my own?
take care of yourself man!

shithawk420

Veteran
nah,no atms around here.probably too worried they would get robbed.but your right its good to have some cash in your wallet.thats why i said the only thing they are good for is frying.tilapia are nasty bottom feeders.if youve never seen a tipalia farm dont.trust me.like i said check out Instant Breakfast.it might be cheap.IDK its what my mom gets.and pops.you take care too man.stay grinding!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, u would think Iowa would have lower taxes, for being a rural, mostly republican/conservative state, but a buddy that lived in Iowa said to get a license plate sticker there is like 300+ dollars, it’s based on the value and age of your car. It’s a 150 flat fee in IL and used to be a lot cheaper than that. Then again IL’s income tax is 5% (up from 3% historically) and sales taxes around chicago are 10%, ridiculous.

Im not sure if indians own the liquor stores around here, maybe it’s more arabs or middle eastern people. I havent had any issues but one time a LONG time ago my buddy and I went into some hood liquor store and one of the workers stood by us as we were looking over the booze. Like he opened the door to the back storage room but then stood there, not going in and not looking at us either but just near us, as if to make sure we wouldn’t steal. Weirdo. My buddy was a black guy so maybe they were prejudiced.

Maybe next time you go to the store, Hawk, you can pick up some boxes of kraft macaroni and cheese, or those Knorr rice and pasta sides. Theyre usually $1 each and can be made in like 5 mins and enough for one meal. That way you’ll always have something on hand to eat and they have a LONG shelf life.

I don’t eat as much fish as I probably should but tilapia always tasted like basic white fish to me, looks like white fish too when it comes in frozen filets. I guess catfish does have a stronger flavor tho, but it’s been a while since I had it. Usually I get it from the fried chicken places so it has a heavily seasoned breading plus you eat it with hot sauce and sides so I don’t really notice the gaminess of fried catfish so much. Maybe my taste buds arent as sensitive as they could be.

The recipes online for your own meal replacement shake seems like it’s mostly protein powder and dry milk, along with some sugar and instant pudding mix. Doesn’t seem that hard to make then, Pop, and you could probably make a big bag of it for cheap. 1.7lbs of the carnation instant breakfast mix is like $10 at amazon but you have to mix it with milk, so like $16-17 if you include the cost of 2 gallons of milk?

NFL mandatory mini camps are going on now. OBJ took some reps with the ravens and supposedly looks healthy, 16 months after tearing his acl in the rams superbowl win. Hopefully he'll be productive during the season, he was always exciting to watch.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear the bills are having some problems with s.diggs and him not wanting to participate in mini camp activities
the guy is set to make $$$ for a potential sb team so its hard to imagine what the hold up is
i have a big thing of protein powder and i bet if i added a pack of hot coco mix it would be about the same
i should try it out! thanks baba
thats not a bad idea for hawk to get some easy mac or something he can just nuke and eat
hot pockets are good for that too, how about those frozen pizzas?
im not a big fan of fish, especially fishy fish
like you said, catfish is ok when heavily seasoned and fried up just right and same with tilapia
hahah when i said indians i meant feathers not dots!
indians are heavy drinkers and i think have one of the highest rates of alcoholism in the us
most indians ive met were actually pretty cool but i had a friend who is a teacher who had to teach on a rez for his first few years
he would tell me f'd up stories of the parents and kids that would rival the hoodiest hoods in compton

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah I heard for some reason diggs skipped practice the 1st day of mini-camp, with the team saying he wasn’t there but his agent saying he was maybe he was in the facility but not on the field or something.
But apparently everything’s kumbaya now. He’s getting paid 25M/yr with 3 yrs guaranteed so he’s not beefing over money like some of the RBs are doing (saquon, josh jacobs, etc) but maybe he’s still upset over how they lost to the bengals in the playoffs, only scoring 10pts, their season low. Obviously when he’s putting up good numbers their offense is better as a whole so everyone’s on the same page.

Hehe, I remember when I had a freezer full of hot pockets and frozen pizzas back in my bachelor days, but Hawk knows how to cook, even that kaiser roll sandwich had all the fixings, so his taste is a little more upscale than ur typical bachelor. You use oil and vinegar on that sandwich? Was it turkey or ham?

Ah ok you don’t see too many native americans around here even though all the states were named after tribes. I guess out west you see more, southwest too. Yeah Ive heard that indian reservations were some really messed up places. Hey hawk you have any native american in you?
Fwiw I wouldn’t mind living on a reservation, seems like you could have a lot of space and people would leave you alone. But lack of jobs and civilization would be an issue. Also is there a lot of crime? Drunks and meth-heads robbing you? Are those the stories you heard, Pop?

In other nfl news related to this forum, leveon bell was recently on a podcast where he admitted he'd smoke weed before games and then rush for 150yds. Ive hard of athletes sometimes getting high before games, you guys ever play sports while stoned? Does it help or hurt? He was known for having a patient running style, he'd get the handoff and then pause while waiting for his blocks to set up and then run through a hole. Maybe being high helped him slow the game down.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
yeah,im a bit over mac and cheese and hotpockets at this point.i used to love croissaint pockets before they stopped selling those a long time ago.i cant eat that stuff anymore unless i need an emergency ration situation.its tough cause im taking care of my mom and she can only eat certain things and shes picky anyway so i dont even bother much these days.even before she got sick she was picky.only likes junk food.got something to do with how she grew up.my grandma wasnt the greatest cook but at least she tried.im probably gonna make chicken breast ive been marinating for a couple days.havent done that in a while.yeah the kaiser roll had turkey,salami,pepperoni,pickled onions,lettuce,bannana peppers,oil and vinegar and lots of cracked pepper.pretty decent i guess.all deli meat.oh and provolone cheese.
supposedly my great grandma was cherokee indian.it would explain why i cant handle the fire water.baba trust me.you dont wanna live on those reservations.they are worse than ghettos in some areas.its true that you can probably grow weed in some of them but its truly sad from what i hear.lots of them just drink themselves to death and have little money.depression and mental illness is a big problem.if i remember right the movie Wind River gave a good description of them.i might be thinking of a different movie though.ive seen a lot of movies.
i cant even listen about the bears or maybe its just my dad talking.he listens to The Score on the radio.hes saying they said Fields is gonna be one of the best and the bears are gonna be superbowl champs,blah blah blah.im tired of hearing this shit every year.of coarse i want the bears to win.im just tired of hearing bullshit.until the bears have a good O line i dont wanna hear it

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i miss listening to the sports talk radio
even if they were wrong half the time it was still entertaining and i always like hawt taeks!
i still get high before i exercise most of the time
not like i used to but a little buzz goes a long way, plus if its how you are used to playing it sort of becomes the norm
most of the stories he would tell about the rez involved drunk parents who dont give two shits about their kids and kids who cant control themselves
it was sad, i know what its like to be poor but one think my mom always made sure of was we got our education and knew how to behave in polite society
/i still try not to curse around my mom
i was jsut thinking hot pockets would be better than nothing for hawk
sometimes you dont want to cook but its nice to have something easy peasy to stuff your fat face with!
how are you going to do your chicken breast hawk?
i have some chineese noodles i was going to cook up with some napa cabbage and onions and carrots
i will probably throw in some chicken on the side

shithawk420

Veteran
yeah that sounds good pops.i was probably gonna sautee a chicken breast with mushrooms and a red pepper and mashed potatoes.something simple that i havent had in a while and something my mom can eat.she eats like a bird and isnt doing well.she only weighs about 75 78lbs.not looking good.my brother only lives 10 15 minutes away but hes a POS so i gotta do this by myself.im on disabilty myself.id rather just drink than eat.ever since i started my pursuit of culinary perfection ive been spoiled.plus my grandfather was kind of a big shot at NBC ive had my tastes spoiled as hell.nothing wrong with cheap stuff.i was eyeballing some pizza rolls in the freezer my mom bought but said fuck it.id rather have an apple.thinking about getting a weight set.i dont see any good gyms or martial art studios around here.IA is ghetto as fuck compared to DuPage IL wich is what im used to.rich folk land

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you brother, as i get older i dont eat cheap as much as i used to
an apple is a great snack too, add a piece of cheese and some crackers and you are eating good
decent food isnt much more than junk food if you are willing to put some work into it
mushrooms and peppers sounds like a good combination
you ever make a sauce with whats left in the pan?
you can get a pretty good work out in doing body weight exercises like push up and stuff like that
a weight set is cool too, are you thinking of getting a bench or just a bar and some weights?

shithawk420

Veteran
oh yeah.you know im gonna make a mushroom,pepper sauce brother.i used to have an olympic weight set and all kinds of nice stuff back in the day.im not sure what ive got left over at my dads.bare minimum i need a barbell,some dumbells and a curl bar.can probably get that stuff cheap around here cause everyone is a bunch of fat fucks around here.not that im in the best of shape.man i wish i could meet some decent chicks.but man its rough.dudes are such wimps and out of shape here all you have to be is tall and not be fat and they get all the mediocre girls around here.the rest i wouldnt even look at.you know its bad when your checking out chubby girls in shorts cause the other ones are just plain fat and ugly.sometimes i get compliments by chicks at the liqour store or something but im there to get my booze and get home.next time that happens im gonna try to take one home if they are decent enough.i get compilments on my bear hats all the time.thats a good starter right there.ive been so spoiled girls usually start it up and im an idiot and care more about my booze.im usually so ripped i can barely see the girl whos talking to me lol thats bad!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Y’know Hawk, I havent seen a Croissant pocket either in a long time, but I think theyre still sold but theyre called Hot Pocket Croissant Crust now. Just fyi, but ur right, it’s crappy food, on par with low grade fast food, and if you know how to cook like u do that’s much better than frozen crap like that.
I remember you making the italian deli subs last week, I guess the kaiser rolls were using up the last of those ingredients.
U make a compelling case on why living on a rez is no bueno, Pop also had some horror advice to give. And it’s not like the reservation land was all that high quality, if it was good farm or ranch land it might be different.
There’s actually a comedy on Hulu, Reservation Dogs, about teens growing up on a reservation. Never seen it but i heard it was funny.

If everything breaks right for the bears who knows, they could be a championship contender in the next 2-5 years. A LOT of things would have to work out for them, most of all Justin Fields becoming an elite QB. So we’ll see, it will be interesting this year, unless he absolutely sucks passing the ball again in which case it’ll be depressing.

I could see getting high before a hike or walk, Pop, that might actually be beneficial to the workout haha. Let u enjoy nature more. Not sure about getting high before lifting weights or running, that might be a stretch for me.

Is it sauteed mushrooms and peppers or a mushroom/pepper sauce that youre making for the steak? Either sounds pretty good, will definitely add to the umami of the dish.

Less than 80lbs is really thin, Hawk, how much does she normally weigh? Hopefully u can maintain her weight some with ur cooking, she’s lucky to have a son like u even though she drives u crazy sometimes haha.

Went to sonic today, got their $4 double grilled cheeseburger and fries, plus a strawberry shortcake float. Pretty good, burger was pretty bready though, like a mcdonalds burger, but overall still enjoyable. The float had some sort of crystals on top that are supposed to be sugary snow crystals but they thankfully didnt taste that sweet.

grilled cheese burger.jpg
Strawberry shortcake float.jpg
fries.jpg

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think the bears could thurn things around in a year or two
especially if fields comes makes that jump to the next level
he dosent have to be elite just yet, but show hes on the right path
i would like to hear more about hawks pepper sauce too! i bet its good and a nice sauce really takes a meal up a notch
so i made the chineese noodles with the fancy cabbage and it came out ok; i guess i just done eat noodles like i used to
you can do a lot with a couple bum bells and a bar
next time you are at your dads you should check up on it
the cool thing about weights are noone wants to move them so they usually dont get messed with
man, i havent had sonic in years! i used to watch the tv and they would show commercials for them even thoe there was not a sonic location in san diego
they finally opened one about 20-30m from my house
i thought it was just ok, kind of like rallys
dosent sonic have tater tots?
i could totally go for some tots right now

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
We used our 1st rd pick on an O-lineman, and got DJ Moore, the #1 WR on the Panthers, in a trade. So that should definitely help out Fields’ development. We also signed Tremaine edmunds, the bills LB, in free agency and selected a safety with our 2nd rd pick, so hopefully the defense will be a bit better as well.
Im not expecting too much, technically anything over 3 wins would be an improvement over last year.

The noodles and cabbage were just ok? What kind of sauce did u use? The woman loves noodles, she’s been on a noodle kick lately.

So you can pretty much get any workout you want with a barbell, dumbells, a bench and a squat rack? Sounds about right. Free weights are very versatile. You ever hurt yourself going too heavy? I guess you have to be careful to stay well within ur limits if you don’t have a spotter.

Sonic should be higher quality than rally’s but I don’t go there often and ur not wrong, it doesnt seem ‘high quality’ for fast food although their shakes/drink offering is top notch. We actually ordered 2 burgers, one with tots and one with fries, tots were nice and crispy but not as hot as the fries.

Deandre hopkins visited the patriots yesterday, said he’s in no rush to sign with a team. I guess that’s a smart way of doing it, take ur time, talk with coaches and players and see where u think you’ll fit in best. Of course, if some random team wants to throw a 25M/yr, 4 year offer at him, he’ll probably throw all that research out the window and jump at the chance, even if the team is terrible. Money talks, BS walks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts