What's new

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
20230419_163639.jpg

Here's my first torta boys.steak could of been better but it was jam packed so I see they do a lot of business.next time it will be pork.about what I expected but good for $10.still a little hungry but it's half what I would pay at taco bell and be less full.tasted what I expected so no complaints.think next time I'll get the cali burrito

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Fences are all about who you know.my dad and I dug some fence posts for a life long buddy for practically free except a 30 pack but he helped out with electric stuff so it's kind of a trade off.of course he bought the materials.its was a good thing going.tit for tat.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that looks like a decent torta hawk! stuffed with shit and the bread looks pretty good
plus like you said its a lot of food for todays prices, about what you would pay for a decent sub or fast food like you mentioned but its fresher
so it looks like it has guac and some creme fresh in it, that sux that the meat was not as good as you would like it, but like you said next time get the carnitas and see how that is
they usually have a salsa bar at most places around here where you can load up on salsa and jalapenos
i dont even like the spicy stuff but cant resist filling up a few containers of fresh salsa just in case
do they have milenesa? its like country fried steak but mexican style
i think part of the cost is the materials and the rest is just about socal being a total ripoff
i have a couple buddies who said the same thing, how they could help bang it out in no time, but they dont live close by
/like in other states
but its about time to get this shit done and im just going to bite on one of these high dollar quotes here soon

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Thanks for the encouragement @Bababooey and @pop_rocks 👍 I've only had like 2-3 successful grows...Durban Poison, then some bag stuff then eventually had good luck with Afghanis. I'll give this year my best. I think I can grow a few here in the gardens next to the building. Don't think anyone would chop it down and it's legal. There are some whacky people though. I'll find a spot or two in the woods nearby as well.
I will be asking @pop_rocks for hash help if it goes well. Would be amazing to have a few ounces of kief or bubble hash for little investment. @Bababooey the Red Sox are like 9-9 I think. I listened to some of the game on the NOAA radio. Jarren Duran OF is pretty exciting to watch, check him out. He's one of my favorite players. We also have Yu Chang from Taiwan and Mazataka Yoshida from Japan. And Rafael Devers at 3rd base. I think he's from Dominican Republic. Have tickets for games against the Mets in June and Yankees in August maybe? Possibly September. Have to check. New phone, took 5 hours to transfer the number but had working internet and service during the wait. Playing with new phone. Puff puff pass 👍💨

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
a new phone is always fun, it might take some time to get used to it but onces you do its sweet
thats rad that you are heading out to the ball park! before they moved the ball park here in san diego it was a fun day out and i used to love to watch old baseball at the park
/flashes back 20 years
you could still get cheap tickets and the food wasnt that bad $$
now the padres play downtown, which i dont do
man, if anyone can see your shit they are going to snag it
f'n sneaky russians and the neighborhood kids are going to jack your grow
you have to hide it so no one knows its there
a good route might be growing an auto close by, they finish fast and can be pretty good
dont walk the same path twice and be careful

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ur right, defensive guys taken with top draft picks are boring but help win games. Von miller was taken 2nd overall and has been a top edge rusher when healthy, helped the broncos and the rams win superbowls.
Indy definitely has to make a decision during that 1st rd, whether to trade for lamar or move up for a QB or stay where they are and hope a QB they like drops to them. Levis and Richardson might drop to them, maybe even stroud who knows.
Chicago wants to stick with fields at QB, atlanta picks at #8 and may take a QB if one drops far enough but they seem willing to ride with desmond ridder, the 3rd rd qb they drafted last year who started the last 4 games. Wasn’t that impressive (2 tds in 4 games) but he displayed some impressive leadership/intangibles when he led a mid major (u of Cincinnati) to the college football playoffs so maybe they hope he’ll turn out like Russell Wilson (the seahawks version, not the Denver version).

There’s an idea, using the hash water to water cannabis plants. Or u just used it on regular plants? Would it make them smell like bud for a bit? Maybe have to use it outdoor so the rain will wash the smell away.

6K for a fence, ooo weeee! Is that neighbor good for half that? Maybe hawk and I have to make a road trip to socal, you said a quarter lb each for every day of work? If we work 2-3 hrs a day that counts right?

Im with Pop that looks like a righteous torta. Ur right Hawk this place blows t-bell out the water. Do you only eat one meal a day or something? I agree that doesn’t look like the biggest meal but should tide you over for a few hours, unless you only eat one big meal a day (beer/liquor fills in the rest of your calories hehe).

Im wondering if you’ve ever made Mexican food, Hawk. You can cook a righteous steak and sides, I bet with 10 or so basic ingredients (lettuce tomato onion cilantro, tortillas, 1 or 2 types of meat, avocado, sour cream, torta buns, jalapenos, beans) you can make some awesome Mexican food at home. Might cost you a $100 or so in ingredients but could probably make a good 20 meals with that. Then again u might not want to eat Mexican food for a week straight.

So you’ve had some successful outdoor grows, DB? Like in public parks/gardens, not way out in the boonies? Closest I came to a stealth grow in a residential area was throwing some bagweed seeds next to my parent’s garage decades ago, a little crappy cannabis plant sprung up, had the distinctive leaves and everything but no flowers yet. I pulled it out like an idiot and brought it to my stoner friends’ place and they stripped the few leaves and smoked it just for laughs, lol.
Pops makes a good point, using auto-flower seeds would be good for an outdoor grow, if you don’t want to wait till fall for the days to get shorter before it flowers.

Sounds like the red sox have a few international players on the team, I think that reflects the growing number in baseball overall. I saw a bit of the world baseball classic earlier this year, japan beat the us for the title. It’s a little bit strange that David Ortiz, a Dominican with a strong accent, represents Boston so well and is so beloved there. I loved the SNL skits making fun of him. He makes that dominican food sound so fire.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy 4/20 boys!!
indy already said its not interested in l.jax, but this could just be a ruse
we will see if they trade up and try to snag one of the top projected qbs or maybe they have someone else in mind?
i think clowney went #1 a few years ago and dient miles garrett draft really high too?
but the top pick is always a gamble and you can only hope your scouting was spot on
/i think the bears did the right thing in trading down this year
i would pour the hash water into the garden and the plants loved it
it dident really smell that much especially after soaking into the ground
6k was for a wooden fence, we are planning on getting a vinyl one
the materials are mosre i think but they are supposed to last a long time
yeah, the neighbor is not paying for any of this
i mentioned it to a friend who knows about things like this and he mentioned how depending on which side the cross sections on the fence are built, it means thats your property line so its up to you to maintain
i guess i could try and hassel the guy or even take him to court to pay but thats just not what good neighbors do
speaking of buying groceries, i went to this store called aldis the other day
they dont have the selection of the big stores but i found a lot of cool shit and it only cost m like $20
i got sliced chicken meat for sandwiches plus some really nice bread, cheese and a bunch of fruit
/also scored a pack of shelf stable tortellini's, i was planning making a cold tortellini salad with some cheese and sausage
round it out with a box of peanut butter bars and it wasnt a bad haul for $20
f'n blazing

shithawk420

Veteran
what kinda phone you get doob?love my flip 4.

id totally help out with the fence.gives me a reason to get out of the house.those pole diggers are a hell of a work out.your arms will be burning in minutes.take a beer break every 10 20 minutes

that torta had avocado but no creme fresh.it could of been more doctored up and the steak could of been better but it was good.i think cali burrito is next.i wish they had a salsa bar but i think its kinda small so i doubt it.never heard of milenesa before.theres tons of mexican places around here.this place just happens to be accross the street from the liqour store down the street.my mom is such a spoiled suburbanite she dont care to try new things.its mcdonalds or wendys for her.she didnt care too much for the torta but shes such a bitch even if she did like it she wont admit it.she literally doesnt like anything except the few times a year she makes chili or bland ass chicken soup.

yeah ive made mexican style food baba.ive made mexican style pizza wich is good.made salsa,guacomole, tacos.its becoming one of my favorite foods.how much i eat depends.sometimes i wont eat for a few days and then ill get real hungry and eat a ton of food.like right now im hungry as hell and not much to eat.hopefully get a ribeye to cook or something.

well we are getting a little closer to football season guys.be here before we know it.also happy 420 guys!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Most ‘experts’ think indy will draft Kentucky QB will levis at #4 if he’s still available. He’s a good cheap alternative to lamar Jackson, although if he ends up sucking they’ll wish they used that pick to trade for lamar instead.
Both clowney and garrett went #1 in their drafts, ur right, although only garrett really lived up to his potential. It’s true that even the best defensive players doesn’t mean the team they’re on has a good defense in general, browns were only so-so on defense with garrett.
Yeah, plastic doesn’t rot or swell like wood, that’s a 50yr fence with wood it’s more like 20 yrs depending on if standing water ever develops. And I guess winds are a thing too, is that why it got damaged? Winds or tree branches fell on it?
I guess the nice side (without the cross bracing) faces out, so if you see the cross braces from ur yard then it’s ur fence. But also a survey line (sometimes marked with iron poles stuck in the ground, spray painted orange at the tip) will also let you know where ur property lines are, fences are normally supposed to be at least 6 inches or 1 foot on ur property, not right on the line, at least around here.

Good idea not to hassle ur neighbor too much about the fence, never a bad idea to be the bigger man in a situation. But they better not ask u for any favors in the future! Especially truck or labor favors, you’ve done enough, probably going to be 6k worth.

Dang Pops u don’t know aldi’s? Theyre big in Germany too, it’s a german company, private (not publicly traded so don’t know what their profit is) and they own trader joe’s too. Aldi’s is like a more ghetto trader joe’s, they take food stamps, it was popular with poor… I mean blue collar people back in the day now it’s more acceptable to everyone because people realize how good it is.

I like Hawk’s idea of a beer break every 10-15 minutes. Is that one beer every break, 4 beers an hour? Not sure if I could keep up with that pace. Maybe half a beer for me.

Most real Mexican places don’t have salsa bars, at least around here ive never seen one, that’s a thing
Moe’s southwest grill did.
A cali burrito I think has fries in it, Hawk, but maybe pops can inform us.
Milenesa is a steak, pounded thin, breaded and deep fried. It’s pretty fire but maybe only table service Mexican places serve it, counter service joints probably just serve carne asada or ground beef as their beef options since it’s less work.
Ur mom sounds like a nightmare to buy food for, is the reason u got into cooking was because ur mom wasn’t much of a cook herself?
Mexican food is pretty easy for me to make, buy some tortillas and shredded cheese, make a big pot of beans and then eat that along with whatever meat you have (fried chicken from the grocery deli, pork or beef in the instapot) and that can feed you for a week for not much money. Bonus points if you eat a lot of veggies too with it.
U think it’s the calories from the booze that fills u up for most of the day, then when you get drunk/high enough the munchies/hunger starts taking over and you become a food vacuum? Is that how u are Pops, one big meal a day person?

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i actually do eat one big meal in the day, its usally a late lunch early dinner kind of thing
i will have other stuff during the day, im on this sandwich kick right now so ill eat a half sandwich at about mid day and then grind hard later, but i like to eat abunch of small meals/ snacks
/depends on what looks good in the kitchen
that is f'n crazy that they dont have the salsa bar where you live
most mexican places have like four or five kinds of salsa available and you just fill those little plastic cups yourself with what you like
they will have the mild pico, usually a green salsa and all the way up to burn your butt spicy
some good places (pops only rfrequents the finest mexi joints) will have grilled onions and peppers you put in a plastic bag
yeah man, a cali burrito is basically a carne asada burrito with fries and sour cream/ creme fresh and pico de gallo
its a great combination with the richness of the creme fresh smothering the beef in goodness
the fries put it over the top but some places try to skimp on the beef and give you a french fry burrito
ive heard of aldis but i dont really shop there
but i had to pick my mom up at the airport and on the way home took her shopping
the place was cool, they had good food for decent prices
thats what im thinking with the vinyl, it might be the last time i have to f with this unless im blessed and live to be a hundred years old
but i think the materials alone are almost twice what wood would cost
im working on some football taeks and cant wait for the draft
i think indy will draft its next qb and lamar will be stuck in b'more with only what? like a milti million dollar deal to get him through this season
if he balls up and shows his worth he will get paid, otherwise hes gettain paid what he is worth

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Had Lo Mein last night. Also had a Philly Cheese steak. And a coconut pie. It was good. Fruit and Chex Mix today. Had a few mini Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits earlier. 2 is like 350 calories. Supposed to see "Evil Dead Rise" tonight. Grabbed some kief yesterday...thought everything was 40 prozent off but no. Got free t-shirt. No free preroll. Ayr is good though. What's everyone up to? Doober💨

shithawk420

Veteran
i gotta fix my fence too.its kinda old and rotting.doesnt help theres little sun with all the trees.im sure i can make some ghetto fixes to it but im broke so...

yeah my mom is a pain.all she needs is banannas and milk for her shakes and Instant breakfast and coffee and milk.thats her main diet.she went to the store and thats basically all she got wich i paid for.i told her to get a ribeye a couple times and she says she didnt hear me.oh well.at least i got beermight have to go get more.Went to Aldis a month or so ago and its really not that much cheaper.plus its so crowded cause the stores arent very big.and the alcohol they sell is questionable.brands ive never heard of.i bought a variety pack of hard cider and it was ok at best.

doc gave me some pills to help quit drinking but havent tried them yet.wanna be semi sober before i take them.

as far as learning to cook goes i learned when i was stuck on my uncles farm for a year or 2 all by myself taking care of the llamas and other animals.he doesnt eat pork or beef but it just so happens at the time he was a meat broker so i had access to a whole walk in freezer full of awesome meat.pork,beef and lamb.also he was doing well at the time so we had the food channel on satelite.so i would get high and watch food channel and just mess around.sucks cause he only had burners and no oven.but that was almost 15 years ago.ive come a long ways since then

the mexican place down the street seems to have only 2 kinds of salsa.i asked for some and they said do you want the green or the red?lol i might not speak spanish but i know a bit and i know the names of salsa.so thats a shame.they have so many mexican places here its surprising. my mom doesnt know much because her mom was from GA and her dad was polish so not a lot of variety.even if she liked the torta she wont admit it.i ended up finishing her half.she dont eat much anyway though.fucking sucks when your parents know fuck all about food.my dads used to prison food so he dont count either.btw he will be eating prison food again pretty soon.he dont care what food tastes like as long as he has his beer.i guess that apple didnt fall far from the tree.

i guess Rodgers is staying with the packers for a few more years for 150 million.oh well.hopefully the Bears can shake him up a little more.i see an injury in his future by someone

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It’s a good bet that indy will do something about their QB situation on draft day, whether use #4 on a QB or trade it for one. Each of the last 3 years they’ve tried to bring in a new veteran QB (rivers, wentz, ryan) through free agency or trade and none of those moves really worked; well, rivers took them to the playoffs but lost in the first round and retired. Their owner, jim irsay, is this ex drug addict and he doesn’t seem like he has much patience with building a winner, probably gonna get nice and coked up on draft day and then tell his GM to yolo some move for a QB.

My experience is the same as Hawk’s, only red and green table sauces around here (salsa rojo and verde), red has a tomato base and green is tomatillo, usually the red is the hotter one but some places theyre about equal in heat which is more traditional I think but for American palates they make red spicier. That’s cool u got actual salsa bars there, that’s probably what moe’s southwest grill stole from Mexican places in the SW. Do you consider socal to be southwest?
Some of the places around here will grill up those bulb onions and jalapeno peppers and offer it with their meat or as a side, it’s good stuff, get the sweetness and crunch of the onion, the spicy of the pepper, and the char on both.

I was going to ask u DB if you were planning on seeing the new evil dead movie. How was it? I saw the original and the sequels, those were fun movies, classic sam raimi and bruce Campbell.
That doesn’t sound too healthy, what you ate, you still losing weight? I guess you have to have a cheat meal once in a while or you’ll go crazy.

Sounds like ur mom is pretty thin, Hawk, if she eats a lot of shakes for a meal. Ive heard of that carnation instant breakfast stuff, I guess it’s like a protein shake with less protein and more vitamins/minerals? I have some protein powder here and frozen fruit, I should make some shakes and drink them as meal replacements, could probably lose 10lbs quickly if I do that and keep exercising regularly.

That sounded awesome, having access to all that meat and learning to cook by watching food shows. No oven would be hard but im sure you made do, it’s like cowboy cooking, have to do everything over a fire/stovetop. I think there’s a hack where you use a cast iron pan with a heavy lid, or dutch oven, and that kind of works as an oven on top of a stove if you turn the heat low, but it’s not as good as a real oven.

What kind of drug stops you from drinking? Opium? Just kidding. I thought there's some antidepressants used to treat alcoholism, or maybe that's cigarettes. Hope it works out for you, maybe get it down to a more manageable level. Onward and upward, as they say.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey @Bababooey the movie was awesome! Bloodiest movie I've ever seen. Bruce Campbell wasn't in it but Alyssa Sutherland was...she's pretty hot. Gets possessed though. Evil Dead Rise! Everything else going good. Lost 15 pounds so far, 50 to go. Eating mostly new stuff and going for long walks.
@shithawk420 It's a Nokia C100...free unlimited service including data thanks to the Lifeline service I signed up for. It's a good phone, was only like $30. You should check out the free government phone services. Might not like the phones though. You have one of those new flip phones? Any bugs? Pretty awesome man. Hope you're doing okay. You talk to your mom about hospice again? You scoping out the area for a small apartment yet? 💨🇺🇲Doobz

shithawk420

Veteran
She's not just thin she weighs like 75 pounds and is dying.thats why I'm here to try and take care of her.but she's so stubborn it pisses me off.i don't why but she battles with gout often and needs crutches..her blood work came back positive so that's good I guess. I don't know what that means in the grand scheme of things.she won't tell me shit wich drives me crazy.if she dies ill probably be living under a bridge.no exaggeration either.then I'm gonna flip and that's even scarier.i didn't practice deadly martial arts for nothing.

I wish I had opiates.im not sure what this drug is.i can take a pic of the bottle.hydrochloride and something.i just woke up so I'm tired.been sleeping lately.

Nah didn't have a Dutch oven.my uncle liked to claim healthy but didn't actually know how to do it.we would steam tilapia and cabbage and stuff.i wasn't aloud to cook beef or pork when he was around cause of the smell.he had another house in st.charles so it was mostly me by myself.plus the horse and llamas.it was rough but at least I had weed I guess.

It was good meat though.black angus and the best pork I've ever had.my dad and uncle wanna claim to be healthy so I don't have access to it anymore.they are big idiots and don't know shit it's embarrassing.so no more meat.gotta find a place out here in the quad cities.looking for grills on sale

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey @Bababooey the movie was awesome! Bloodiest movie I've ever seen. Bruce Campbell wasn't in it but Alyssa Sutherland was...she's pretty hot. Gets possessed though. Evil Dead Rise! Everything else going good. Lost 15 pounds so far, 50 to go. Eating mostly new stuff and going for long walks.
@shithawk420 It's a Nokia C100...free unlimited service including data thanks to the Lifeline service I signed up for. It's a good phone, was only like $30. You should check out the free government phone services. Might not like the phones though. You have one of those new flip phones? Any bugs? Pretty awesome man. Hope you're doing okay. You talk to your mom about hospice again? You scoping out the area for a small apartment yet? 💨🇺🇲Doobz
Nokia c100 huh? I had an Obama phone before I went to jail.cant remember what happened to it but it was alright for free.i got a good deal on my flip 4 and I pay like $25 a month with consumer cellular.ive had some good $1000 plus phones but this phone is the best.i gotta samsung watch to keep an eye on it.it sends a signal to find it.love it but miss my old phones too.hate thieves

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Nokia c100 huh? I had an Obama phone before I went to jail.cant remember what happened to it but it was alright for free.i got a good deal on my flip 4 and I pay like $25 a month with consumer cellular.ive had some good $1000 plus phones but this phone is the best

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
She's not just thin she weighs like 75 pounds and is dying.thats why I'm here to try and take care of her.but she's so stubborn it pisses me off.i don't why but she battles with gout often and needs crutches..her blood work came back positive so that's good I guess. I don't know what that means in the grand scheme of things.she won't tell me shit wich drives me crazy.if she dies ill probably be living under a bridge.no exaggeration either.then I'm gonna flip and that's even scarier.i didn't practice deadly martial arts for nothing.

I wish I had opiates.im not sure what this drug is.i can take a pic of the bottle.hydrochloride and something.i just woke up so I'm tired.been sleeping lately.

Nah didn't have a Dutch oven.my uncle liked to claim healthy but didn't actually know how to do it.we would steam tilapia and cabbage and stuff.i wasn't aloud to cook beef or pork when he was around cause of the smell.he had another house in st.charles so it was mostly me by myself.plus the horse and llamas.it was rough but at least I had weed I guess.

It was good meat though.black angus and the best pork I've ever had.my dad and uncle wanna claim to be healthy so I don't have access to it anymore.they are big idiots and don't know shit it's embarrassing.so no more meat.gotta find a place out here in the quad cities.looking for grills on sale
I'm sorry your mom is dying my man...here for you if you need anything. She eats lots of bananas? I guess that's good. What about pineapple or oranges? Have you tried giving her RSO Rick Simpson oil??? I'm sorry shithawk