What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hospice is good, DB? I don’t know, im more on the side of Hawk, those places are worse than nursing homes, got one nurse assistant to take care of 20 people, you’ll be lucky to see the nurse once every 3-4 hrs. But maybe it’s better on the east coast than the Midwest.

The AC130 does kick a lot of A against ground targets that don’t have anti-air capability, here’s a yt video of one attacking a Taliban camp during the early invasion of Afghanistan. Vid quality isnt the greatest, it was like 20 yrs ago. There’s a lot of recent ones from video games that are fake but high quality. What I like about this vid is that you can see the delay it takes for the shells to hit, the cursor will point at something and then move on and 3-4 secs later you’ll see explosions where it used to be pointed. Also you can hear the reload guys (maybe for 105mm cannon or the 40mm too?) say ‘ready’ after each explosion.
Ur right DB, with the thermal vision they can attack at night very easily.

JSOC has only acknowledged certain teams as part of their command, so it’s possible they could have some marsoc units they just don’t publicize it. Heck, didn’t the army used to not even officially acknowledge delta force was a thing, back when it first formed?

I heard about mike lafleur moving from being the jets OC to become the rams OC, the old rams OC went to Kentucky to be their OC and call plays, since mcvay calls all the offensive plays. Jets hired Nathaniel Hackett to be their OC, he was the broncos rookie head coach who got fired before he finished his first season. Jets might trade for aaron Rodgers and hackett used to be the packers OC so maybe they can reunite.

I put $20 on the eagles -1.5, that’s a rather big bet for me so im trusting u guys gave me good advice.

I like hawk’s plan, steal all the pain meds from the hospice and share them with ur mom at home, haha. I wish that were an option for u.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im hearing birds! is pops drunk as hell?1 and getting into the shit
fat meatball sandwiches floating about and lots of other fun foods
/im eating mine open face to save for for other good stuff
corn dog me baby!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Mom brought me to Wilson Farms before she had to leave for work. Tortilla chips, queso dip (too tangy?), Chocolate milk, fried shrimp and avocado sushi with caviar, cubano sandwich - pork, cheese, buttered 🥖 baguette, relish stuff...it's really good. I feel here on the East coast I've been introduced to more Cuban food than @pop_rocks 🤔 It's good food. Also German chocolate cake...huge piece that cost $6. Speaking of money, @Bababooey you put money on the game? $100? What's the return? If you lose you have to get a Mahomes haircut.

shithawk420

Veteran
oh its always an option for me baba.im not a nice guy.i do what i want.i grew up with murderers and armed robbers.nothing phases me.not that ive done those things

anyway still a good game.eagles fucked up with that fumble.almost got another one

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sounds like ur having a good time, Pops. All liquored up and meatball sammies to boot. Did you enjoy the game? Looked like the eagles were going to run away with it after the 1st half, mahomes tweaked his ankle again and KC couldn’t stop the eagles run game. Then they shot mahomes full of painkillers during halftime and he came out and scored 3 straight td’s to take the lead back. Shame about that defensive Pass interference penalty at the end though, gave the chiefs a 1st down and left the eagles less than 10 seconds to do anything.

Wilson farms sounds like a pretty dope place to grab some grub, ur lucky to have a mom that drops off food on the regular. I don’t think we have too much Cuban food in Chicago, there are more Puerto rican restaurants than Cuban I think. There’s a Puerto rican steak sandwich that uses fried flattened green plaintains instead of bread called a jibarito, I think I had one ages ago but don’t remember.

I put $20 on the eagles -1.5, lost that of course but made it up using a free parlay bet from my app that returned almost $30; took Pop’s advice and bet the chiefs and the over plus mahomes over 2.5 pass td’s. I also hit on some prop bets, like hurts rushing td, Pacheco rush yds, kelce and Devonta and AJ receiving yds, so overall came out ahead on the superbowl. Which is nice cause ive been on a losing streak with the nba lately haha.

I believe you hawk, you do seem pretty hard and street smart. Hopefully all this drama blows over and you can return to some sort of normality. Does ur mom 100% have to go to hospice? There’s not stay at home option?

Had some pizza for the big game, thin crust pepperoni from a local chain called rosati's, had a coupon for $6 off, it was decent but not really enough for 2 people plus a dog.

rosati's pizza.jpg

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeeehawww boys! you bet i enjoyed the game
this was one went down to the last few min of the 4rth/q and i was expecting the eagles D to come up with something at the last minute
crickets
they said hurts tied some kind of record with his rushing tds
the eagles got out coached by andy reid
i guess my mushies were no match for whatever they shot mahommie up with last night, now pops wants a taste!
you could see it in his eyes when he came out and i even commented on how he looks high as a georgia pine to the mrs! but she looked at me like i was the one who was high
he took a mean fall before the end of the first half and you could see him walk off the field like a lame horse
but lo and behold! he came out in the second half not even limping
instead he was lolling his tongue out and trying to put his mouth piece into his nose and playing like he was never hurt at all
/why dont they give this wonder drug to all, we can heal the cripple and cure the blind with this sh!t
that pi call at the end was bs and falls into the thing i was talking about how the refs were playing too big a role in the outcome of the game
its the g'd'sb, let them play!
plus az had a loose field they were talking about which could slow the game down which seemed very odd for a dome stadium in the desert
/can someone explain this one to me please?
that pie looks pretty good man! and for $14 i would buy that shit up
ended up getting the new tv but i did not set it up, you dont mess with stuff before the big game
my friend was more happy with the offering and even happier when i broke out the weed
is it because you mom needs to be on medicine hawk that they want her to go to the home?
i would be raiding their medicine cabinets too if i could; pops wants to throw tds too!
hang in there man and just do whats best for everyone

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Glad you had a nice little pizza party @Bababooey 👍 Glad you won some bets!
It looked the the Eagles were going to do it guys, QB had 2 rushing TDs before halftime.
@pop_rocks I hope the TV works man. Before these 50" Roku TVs for $200 I got suckered into carrying a lifeless tv a few times. I had a huge crt my friend gave me...used it until I got a flat screen.
Laying on the couch with the tv off

shithawk420

Veteran
rosatis is some of my favorite thin crust pizza.they even have it in iowa now.havent tried it here though.pizza in iowa sucks.good call baba..

and no i dont want my mom on the meds.i saw hospice come to my friends house and basically gave her morphine till she died.i want my mom to get better.not die.but if it comes to that im taking all their morphine one way or the other.whats a bunch of ladies gonna do stop me?by the time they call the cops im already out of state.

that SB game though.i got a lot to say about that.at least it wasnt a blow out

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Pops, it was a close, competitive game at the end which is always entertaining. Hurts threw for 300yds and had 3 rush td’s, he’s done that twice in his career and I think Dak did it once and some other guy once but it’s only been done 4x in modern nfl history and never in a superbowl.
Im guessing mahomes got a shot of Toradol, which is like super Tylenol that’s injectable, supposed to feel no pain after that ( think it’s used after surgeries for regular folks). Im sure he could have gotten some vikes or oxy’s but then the, ahem, psychoactive effects of opiates might affect the mental performance of an athlete, don’t u think? But maybe im wrong, ive never been much of an athlete.
UPDATE: he claimed he didn’t get any injections or painkillers at halftime, just ‘treatment’. I guess he means ice packs and a re-tape?

Ur right about that bogus call at the end, it was a pretty minor hold and im not sure that ball was catchable even without it but give credit to mahomes they played it up. Still, that gave them a first down and eagles only had 1 timeout left and couldn’t stop the clock. The FG was a gimme (under 30yds) and with less than 10 secs left philly basically needed a miracle to win or tie. I think hurts was going to throw it into the end zone on the last play but slipped or something and the ball fell well short. Like u said Pops that field was pretty slippery all game, it was a brand new field too grown especially for this game so no idea why it was so bad.
Surprisingly I think most eagles fans aren’t super super upset about the penalty, they pin the loss mostly on the defense giving up 3 straight TD drives in the 2nd half. After holding mahomes to 1 TD (other chiefs TD was the defensive fumble return off of Hurts that hawk mentioned) in the 1st half they could not stop him in the 2nd. They led the league in sacks and got 10 pressures on mahomes but couldn’t get a sack or a turnover on KC. They were a dominant defense all year long but even with a bum ankle mahomes avoided pressure well enough to not put the team in bad situations (3rd and very longs, turnovers).

That’s awesome you got a new tv for basically free, hope it works out well for you and you have many years of watching football in high definition on it. That was a good score.

Thanks for the kind words, DB, did you enjoy the game? I know you thought the eagles were going to run away with it but were you ok that they lost? Those old CRT’s actually have a decent picture if you don’t mind not having high definition, and they last forever, only downside is theyre ridiculously heavy once they get a certain size.

The pizza was nice, classic thin crust, crispy, cut into squares, what’s also known as ‘tavern style’ around here because so many bars serve it (if they serve food at all). Hawk knows what’s up. Not the cheapest though, but sometimes you can get an all u can eat pizza night at a tavern or some rosati’s even have buffets.

I had a relative who was in the end stages of cancer and they prescribed him liquid morphine, no nurse necessary to administer it. If ur mum is in bad shape she should be getting copious painkiller prescriptions, but maybe there’s so much crackdown on that that doctors are super stingy about giving those out. Like u could be some horrible burn victim and they’d be like ‘take 2 motrin every 6 hrs’. *itch half my skin is gone gimme the good stuff!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

yeah baba, the new tv is sweet
its a decent flat screen in the 30'some inch range
about the same size tv its replacing but not a vizio
its newer thoe and i think has the apps built into it
i might have to connect it to the internet and watch some movies on it one of these days
as it is, its still sitting in the corner
after the super bowl i havent been watching much tv but we have some usfl stuff kicking off and its a good time to get it set up
i can get back into gaming and just watching what ever in the back room
me and the mrs are getting sandwiches today! she is working from home and im going to go out this afternoon and get us some bahn mi and we are going out for churros later
man, i wish we had some decent pizza joints here like you guys have!
all you can eat, yes please!! i used to go to godfathers pizza for their lunch buffet
all you could eat pizzas and salad, plus they had things like potatoe wedges
have you ever heard of cicis pizza? they have all you can eat and i think there might be a few still in the area
the pizza isnt the best but they have weird combinations like mac and cheese pizza
the coolest thing was you could ask them to make a custom pizza and they would give you first dibs on the pie; so you could just ask for hal the pizza and they would put the rest out on the buffet
i would get things like bacon and amc and cheese and they would bring the buffet to you!
its that day again fellas, lets celebrate the love!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
A tv under 40 inches isnt that big but could be adequate if youre not too far from it. Plus it’s free, haha, so don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. And with the wifi apps built in you can watch Netflix and youtube and prime videos, etc, without much hassle.
I think XFL, the Rock’s spring football league, is starting this weekend. In April the USFL also starts. So, lots of football. I usually focus more on basketball now tho I might give these spring leagues a try. I wonder if any of them will have any wild or wacky rules to make it more different than the NFL.

The Cici’s pizza near me closed some years ago, I only went there once tho, wasn’t too impressed but then again never had them make me a special pie, that’s a nice hack. But for $5 for a buffet what did I expect, some really high end pizzas? Nah, aint happening, but it was well worth the money from what I remember. Usually when I go to a buffet it’s a chinese one.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Going to Kelly's Roast Beef in about an hour for FRIED CLAMS!!!!!!!
I fell asleep right after Rihanna...didn't see 3rd or 4th but checked phone and it said 35-35 at one point. Hey at least it wasn't the Ravens. Was pretty good experience. 👍
Smoking a half gram of kief a day...costs me about $10 a day and I get as high as I want all day. Good deal. You guys stay high all day? Only way for me. Hey it's prescribed man.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah they pretty much shut those down here
we have a few still standing but they are not the chinese point point style, more like those super expensive seafood buffets
the last time we went to one it was super spendy and the boy got sick in the parking lot!
is the xfl the one where they wanted the wrasslin atmosphere in the football game; trash talking is encouraged
that would be cool if they had goofy rules but then it would almost be a parody for real football
i think a lot of these guys are hoping to get a real shot at an nfl roster at some point, even if its just practice squad
/one step closer to the dream
me and the mrs ate delicious bahn mi yesterday and then went out for churros!
they were like $2.50 for two and the lady at the counter gave us a free bean and cheese burrito!!
/"i love your expression is what she said to the mrs"
i was stoked and the bean and cheese was grinding
im posted up in one of the back bedrooms so the tv is a good size
i might still bring one of my sisters tvs home with me next time i head out her way but it will be nice to watch tv w/o all the lines across the screen

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
heck yeah doobah! man savor those clams for all of us and post a pic of what you guys get if you can
there are definitely some days im pretty much high all day, i will start smoking in the morning and thats pretty much how my day goes
ive been smoking some nice flower from a friend
he says i need to come back over and check out his new stuff

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
If I ever make it to the boston area (ive been to nyc, but not boston) ill have to check out a kelly’s roast beef. You make it sound so good, DB. Then again, maybe ill just have to settle for a fried clam/seafood place around here. I think there’s a good one near o’hare, they get their seafood flown in from the coasts, but it aint cheap.
Half a g of kief is $10 and keeps u high all day? Sounds like a killer deal, I think that would be $30+ a gram here, and taxes would add another $15/g to that. Ripoff, but I think med patients get cheaper pricing/less taxes. U must get the medicinal pricing.

I usually don’t get high until mid afternoon or later, and I take half an edible gummy which gets me going but doesn’t get me too high. Ill take the other half a few hours later so I can usually keep my daily use to 1 gummy (10mg thc, sometimes comes with 10mg cbd too) a day, which is like $3 after taxes. Not too bad, that's about $100/mth, although some days ill eat 1.5 gummies.

Yeah I think the xfl back when it first appeared (like 20 years ago?!?) encouraged trash talking and players would have nicknames on their jerseys (He Hate Me actually made an nfl team later) but other than that it seemed like standard football. I would think xfl players top out at 100-200K salary and they could make at least twice that much as a minimum salary in the nfl. A few xfl and usfl players will get nfl contracts next season, no doubt.

That’s a good looking fried clam, DB. Nice crispy crunchy breading, not overcooked, my only issue is that looks like a ¼ lb of clams, not nearly enough for one person unless youre a child. Those are rookie numbers, DB, gotta pump those numbers up…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man doob! that looks like the real deal for sure
nice plump clam with decent breading on it, now i want clams
but like baba said, seafood here isnt cheap, even in san diego
but whats in the bag?!
the funny thing about eatables is some work and others done
ive had gummies that said 10mg but felt nothing, but me and the mrs make candies and you dont want to eat too much or you are tripping balls
evena high 5fig salary isnt bad for someone playing half a year
even if you just work out the rest of the time and stay in shape you arent doing that bad, esp for a young guy hoping for the next level
yeah you arent eating like doobah but he has some kind of hook up!

shithawk420

Veteran
But a half of gram isn't much.thats like 5 hits in a bong?

And in my opinion rosatis is probably the best thing crust xhain pizza.thats real deal Chicago thin crust.and yeah it's expensive

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Mmmm boy were those clams delicious. It was $25 for a small side of clams...mom had the famous roast beef sandwich with warm au jus. Ever had a warm toasted roast beef sandwich?
Just the clams for me. And tartar sauce.
Bababooey I've heard about the seafood place near O'Hare airport...supposed to be good.
Poprocks I just got season 4 of Tales from the Crypt on DVD.
Bababooey I'm glad the edibles work for you man. 👍 I took like 5 20mg gummies before going to Fenway Park and didn't really feel it. I felt RSO when I took a double dose but didn't last long.
I have to smoke my kief. I have a little 70s metal pipe I put metal screens in...then I use a crackhead dab spoon to scoop enough for 1 big hit into the pipe. I do this twice every hour or two. Probably 6-10 times a day. Only use about a half gram of kief. Shithawk it's good! I'm high all the time! On 2 hits!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, u would think living near an ocean that seafood would be cheaper but that’s usually not the case, if it is cheaper it’s probably just a little bit, and like Pop said if youre paying $48 vs $45 for a couple meals that’s not that noticeable.

Yknow, doing more research I think the whole fried clam (aka fried clam bellies) is mostly a New england thing. They have clam shacks up and down the coast that serve seafood fresh from the ocean.
Most other places in the US, if they serve fried clams, serve fried clam strips, which are made from surf clams, which are much larger than the ones used for fried bellies.
Fried oysters are also much easier to find around chicago, but not fried clam bellies.

Ive gotten candies and pills from the dispensaries around here and they seem to be pretty consistent fwiw, 10mg thc usually gets me going pretty good. If my tolerance were much higher then it might be an issue.
The only issue might be the labeling, a package of 10 gummies could be labeled 10mg thc but that’s for the WHOLE package, so each one is only 1mg thc, which yeah is very very weak. Gotta make sure the package is 100mg thc, so each one is 10mg.

Anytime ur making 6 figures in the US ur not doing too poorly, but if you have a lot of dependents and live in an expensive area you might still feel poor I guess.
Funny thing is college football players can get NIL (name image likeness) deals that pay them 1-2M a year if youre a star/highly recruited, so if you don’t make it to the nfl after college you could find yourself in the xfl/usfl making a lot less than you were in school.

Rosati’s is a pretty decent pie, I think ur right Hawk, it’s the best thin crust pizza you can get from a chain, or at least it would be hard to find another chain that does it better. Good quality ingredients all around, but yeah for $20 a pie without any coupons you certainly pay for it.
Yeah half a gram of kief would go quick in a bong, but one bong rip of that would probably keep me high for 4 hrs. A good bong hit of kief would be .1 gram, ur right.

$25 for a small order of fried bellies? Geezus, I would want some bread or fries on the side just to feel a little fuller. How much would it have been like 10-20 yrs ago? $10 or $12?

The seafood place near Ohare is actually called Boston Fish Market, haha, but im looking at their menu and you can get shucked clams (raw?) and steamed clams and baked clams but they don’t offer fried. Maybe people don’t ask/order it much but you can probably pull a lifehack like Pops and ask for fried whole clams and they’ll do it for you special (they offer fried oysters, fish etc so they got the breading and fryers). They dont even offer fried clam strips so there shouldnt be any confusion what u want.

I cant imagine taking 100mg of edibles and not tripping balls being so high (in Pop’s words) but everyone’s different, seems like the only thing that gets you good is smoking kief. Smoking stuff does get it into your system faster, the lungs have lots of blood vessels. Same reason why crack hits harder than powder coke. The rick simpson oil is basically thc oil and that hits me hard too but is harder to smoke cleanly than kief or flower, it tends to dribble and flow when heated so you could lose a lot unless you have a special bowl or put it on top of flower or kief.

Latest posts

Latest posts