What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah people were so pissed they brought the taco bell Mexican pizza back.i had it,it was full of refried beans and almost no meat.i usually get a chalupa and the pizza.costs about $10 and I'm still hungry.fuck that.maybe il try Hardee's next.maybe it was the one close to me but they used to sell fried chicken back in the day

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
man you need to try the bacon wrapped hot dogs they used to seel in tj if you want shady mexican food; mex used to fun as f'
i like taco bell too but just have not been back in a while, with all the good food here i spend my time at different joints
free pizza! yes please
we went again last light and it was rocking! their drink selection is ok ( not counting their beers) but i dont drink soda so even a sprite is too much
/the mrs gets an iced tea, but she should not be drink two iced teas at 7p
so i asked them if they could just give me a drink of soda water; the first girl just gave me a cup but when the guy who helped us asked i said, this is what she gave me
he hooked me up with another full sized drink
i guess they will just give you free soda water
add this to vodka and you are in play!
if you want to stop drinking you might have to tell those guys no
if i were k. mickeymouse i would be pissed too
it looks bad on him and he needs to prove them wrong
next to game time studying tape and running drills is the best way to get into shape
hes know to say he dosent kill himself watching film
the thing with some of those ol'dawgs is they have seen it all before, (from studying hours upon hours of film) or being in the shit
so they dont need to go over the tape several times
/i dont think k.kandycrush is there just yet
happy birthday doob!
this is your day and kick all the ass today
my_little_rodeo.gif

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Hawk, I saw you made some cheeseburger baked in Hawaiian rolls a while back, they looked greasy and delicious. Great drunk food.
Last time I was in Joliet was to visit someone at the prison there, Stateville prison. Guards there are kinda dickish, oh im sorry I mean correctional officer. Still a bunch of dickheads.
Im with you, never got the appeal of the Mexican ‘pizza’, thing was supposed to have a pizza-like sauce on top but it didn’t really taste like tomatoes, all you could taste were beans and cheese and the tostada. Does ur bell have a cravings box? Theyre like $5-6, comes with a crunchwrap or cheesy gordita crunch, and taco or 5 layer burrito, plus a side and a drink. Good deal actually for $5-6.

I heard about the tijuana dogs, Pop, theyre bacon wrapped hot dogs served with taco toppings like salsa, crème fresh, avocado? Sounds fire. At a lot of diners around IL they serve a Francheezie, a deep fried bacon wrapped hot dog topped with melted cheese. Havent had one in years, might have to make myself one.
You got a free vodka and soda Pop? Good deal. You ever bring your own booze into a place? Back in my 20’s, I knew a guy who would sneak his own booze into strip clubs. Lot cheaper than buying drinks there haha.

Kyler was pissed and he said as much at a press conference today, saying there’s no way he’d be as successful as he has been if he didn’t prepare. Although I think he told the NY times last year: “I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said, via Sarah Kezele of 98.7 Arizona Sports. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”
And the 4 hr/wk requirement doesn’t include watching film in meetings with coaches and other QBs, which I think he’s said he prefers over watching it by himself.
There’s guys like brian hoyer and tyrod taylor who are backup quality only but teams like to have them serve as mentors to younger, more talented QBs since they have such good work ethics. I saw a little bit of Hard Knocks on the Browns during baker’s rookie year, tyrod would get to the facility at 5am to workout and stuff before meetings start. I think Baker showed up at 7am at first and hue Jackson, who was the coach, told him maybe he should come in at 630 or earlier.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
decided to throw in a song

arent the lions this seasons hard knocks team
i only know because i saw a thing that says this is goofs third time on the show
/once in st louis, then la and now det
yeah i might be wrong, this is k.kandycrush w are talking about here and he dont need no stinking film study
just look at all hes done...
crickets
oh yeah he lost to the rams in the playoffs...
its not a good look for some young guy to come in and say he dosent need to do his homework, hes got it all already like its something god given
hes a good young talent but no where near top-5 qb in my book
i guess its a moot point now, because the cards have backed out on that clause in his contract
/kyler gets new high score, all the candy is crushed
i used to roll around with a flask
i never really went to clubs but i like a little bracer every now and then
i used to get those boxes @thbell too baba
there cheaped out now in my area like that too, remember when they would come with all the aforementioned stuff plus those cinnamon crunch things
i would also grab like a potatoe taco or something off the dollar menu for the ride home

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah unfortunately I went to statesville.i copped a deal.dress in dress out.it was scary as fuck.went to the bird cage..

Man if I lived in Cali pops I'd be swimming in fish tacos.screw the bell.speaking of,I think I'm gonna make fish tacos.last time I used fried tilapia with Baja sauce.cant remember how I made it though.sour cream and other stuff.it was fire though.been watching rib videos too.buddy brought some tamales over.wasnt impressed.gave the corn husks to my dog.

Saw arena football or whatever it was.it was terrible.saw the Chicago Rush 20 years ago.best part was the cheerleaders.their asses are only 15 feet away.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds awesome my man!
my moms friend loves tilapia, its really popular right now
i think its kind of a soft fish if you know what i mean
i would used the frozen cod filets you get at the store to make fish tacos, haddock works good too
what was in teh baja sauce, you can make a good lave saice with sriracha and mayo
that and some good tortillas and salsa and you have a rocking fish taco
oh man, ive been craving ribs too
beef or pork, i dont care, i just want some sticky fall of the bone goodness
/i sauce my ribs for the last few minutes on the grill so they have some sauce on them, i know some people who dont put any sauce on the ribs while cooking but put it out on the table
that and some of those baked beans and corn bread
i might have to hit up the store some time in the next couple days
soar with th eagles hawk!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ur right, theyre going to be on Hard knocks this season, also the AZ Cardinals are going to be on the in-season Hard Knocks later this year – previously HK only covered training camp. Not sure I’ll actually watch it, it’s mostly the same old stuff: veteran stars hoping for a good season, undrafted and low drafted rookies trying to make the team, coaches worrying about whatever, etc. Although once in a while you get a gem like Jerry jones heavily salting a McGriddle, which already contains over 1000 milligrams of sodium.

I hear it’s because old people lose their sense of taste over time (or maybe it was covid).

Kyler looked like absolute ass vs the rams, capping off that performance with that horrible interception from his own end zone that the rams picked off and walked in for a TD. Not a good way to end the season for him but that rams D was top notch. It was better for everyone that the team agreed to remove that 4hr/wk study film clause from this contract, but the fact remains that they put it in there and no one can remember ever seeing such a clause before in an NFL contract. Plus the fact kyler sponsors his own E-sports team makes you think he’s a hardcore gamer. Another AZ athlete, also a #1 overall draft pick, Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton is known to game hours every day, staying up till 3-4am playing video games.

Who are the top 5 QBs in your opinion? Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers are probably everyone’s top 3, and then some combo of Brady, Stafford, Wilson, Watson, Herbert, maybe Lamar and Kyler and Dak and Burrow in the 4-5 spots? That’s the problem with these top 5 lists, lol, everyone has like 10-12 guys in their top 5 list.
I agree that kyler isn’t a top 5 QB yet, but he has had top 5 QB seasons (statistically speaking) for like half the season the past 2 years. He was on pace for 34 pass td’s last year at the halfway point, 2 years ago he was on pace for 32 pass td’s and 16 rush td’s at week 8.

I agree Taco Bell isn’t that great, like pretty much every cheap fast food if it’s old or not prepared right it’s pretty awful. Even when it’s hot and fresh it’s more filling than GOOD.

Most recipes for baja sauce online seem to be made with a mixture of sour cream and mayo, with some lemon or lime juice, some cilantro if you have it (maybe can sub parsley), some seasonings of your choice (S&P, chili powder, garlic, maybe bell pepper and jalapeno if you blend it smooth) etc can even use old bay or other seasoning blends as a quick hack.

You seem to eat a lot of ribs, Pop. Makes me want to make ribs of my own, I hardly ever eat them. So you mostly make spareribs? Ever use baby backs? Or beef ribs? Beef ribs are huge and probably require a long time on low heat to get them nice and tender.

Stateville is a trip, Hawk. Ive seen the inside of a police station once or twice, lol, but luckily never went downstate.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahah yeah i guess i do eat a lot of ribs
its a fun time for me seasoning them up, cooking them and then eating them
i get all kinds of ribs
beef ribs are usually expensive here in socal, so i get the pork ribs
if the baby back ones are on sale i will get those for sure
this time its just the pork spare ribs but still rocking
thats crazy with jerrah putting salt on his breakfast sandwich, you can see he is only salting the first half which leads me to believe he salts the next bite over at some point
salt is one of those things i avoid
i like salty snacks and definitely want a good salted fry but i dont really put salt on most of my foods
that between him and his cardiologist i guess, he can afford the only the best
/its cool he would even eat a mcgriddle, kind of like warren buffet and his cheese burgers
i would probably watch some hard knocks if i could, but i dont have cable
is it on hbo max?
i dig what you mean about how after a few seasons the story seems kind of replayed
its a reality show for football fans
to make it easy on me i will give you a top-7
i like brady, mahomes, allen, rodgers, with stafford and russ in the mix
/that gives me six
we can replace russ or staff with ehrbert/ burrows if you are into the youth movement
/they have strong game
but this still leaves one...
/not it gets fun
you want a mobile qb who can thorw? i would say lamar, dak or watts
/not in that order
i would put kandykrush in the top ten depending on how this year shakes out
/keep your eyes on matty ice in indy
a good hack for baja sauce is to take the hot sauce you get at the mex joint and just mix it with some mayo and maybe some lime and cilantro; a good salsa fresca brings this all together
/dash of salt for you jerry
CHEFS KISS
never eat a dbl cheeseburger before bed...i must be dreaming

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
You guys already know how I feel about Brady.to be honest I do like Rodgers.he seems like a decent guy even though he's a Packer lol he takes hits like a champ.

I made some pretty good beef ribs once.most people don't even make them.everyone likes baby backs.if I ever get some extra money I'll buy a pellet smoker.if you can smoke a proper brisket you know you made it in the culinary world

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ribs are good eats and I wish I made more of them, I see the spareribs all the time in stores for like 2.50lb or so which is a decent price even if there is a lot of bone. Do you get the whole sparerib, which includes the rib tips? A lot of rib joints around here will separate the rib tips from the rest of the rack and cook and sell that separately. It’s good stuff even though it’s a little messy to eat.
I looked up Buffett’s diet and holy crap you weren’t kidding. Dude drinks like 4-5 cokes a day (cherry, no diet), eats potato chips or ice cream for breakfast, eats at mcdonalds and dairy queen regularly. Amazing that he’s 80 some years old, I guess it’s just calories in calories out, even though he eats a lot of junk he’s not morbidly obese.
I think hard knocks airs on regular HBO and also their streaming, HBO Max. You can probably download torrents of it after it airs, that’s what I did last year but only watched a bit before getting bored, lol. Most interesting parts are little bits like jones salting his mcd’s food, lol, or seeing the players’ and coaches’ wives and girlfriends. Sean mcvay has a smoking hot Ukrainian girlfriend, goof was dating some Mexican-american gal when he was on the rams.
It’ll be interesting to see what matt ryan can do in Indy, maybe he’ll have a bounceback season (4k yds, 30 tds) and they’ll make the playoffs. Certainly he’ll have a more talented team than he had the last few years in Atlanta.

Rodgers is an interesting personality for sure, Hawk. I don’t like him beating up the bears all the time but he hasn’t won a superbowl in a long time so my hatred and jealousy towards him isn’t as strong as it could be. Still, I hope he doesn’t turn out like brady and plays well till his mid 40’s, that’d be another 6-7 yrs of dominance.
Ive seen those pellet smokers, the fuel seems expensive for what you get but I guess the temp control is excellent. And ur right on the brisket, ive got like a 20% success rate on the ones ive cooked lol, stuff is hard to cook in a small smoker cause it takes so long you almost need to refuel midway.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

those pellet smokers are cool because they constantly feed the wood pellets and are a little easier to handly
you are right about the temps being hardish to controll, even the little things can make a big deiiference
a friend of mine was having uneven temps in his smoker and then figured out it was because one side was to the wind so it would get cooler
a little back stop helped fix that problem
yeah they were on sale for $2.50#, but i ended up not getting them
a friend from up north came down so i went out to lunch with him then kind of blew off almost everything else i was supposed to do that afternoon
i was able to pick up my game that evening
oh man, we are only a couple days away from nfl footbawww!
there is a good preseason game between the rams and la cocks later this month
its about to be on fellas!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Taco Bell...true story, my friend Steve from 20 years ago had a friend who did time and hated being on parole and would put his poop in the chili and meat sauce and stuff.

Had a good birthday! Great seats at the Red Sox game. Great game, had a blast. No lobster roll...was too far from our seats. Sausage with onions and peppers though.

Might be going to a Patriots game this season...we're looking at Nov 6 Jets. Maybe Christmas Eve game maybe. Could be too cold

shithawk420

Veteran
Wow that is fucked doober! That's cool you had a good birthday though.

I feel you on the Packers baba.i just like Rodgers as a QB.if the Bears wanted him I wouldn't be upset.

As far as the smoker goes I watched a video on YouTube by a guy who is a competitive champion and he says he prefers 180 temps so I don't think it would be bad if the temps didn't get to 225.he also doesn't use the 3 2 1 method Wich most people use to cook ribs

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you hawk, i usually go with lower temps but leave it on a little longer
/i aint going nowhere
im cooking ribs and might fix up the sides but otherwise thats what im doing
i think of arog like brady, one day he will be legend
it should be a great football season and i cant wait for the action to start
sausgae roll with onions and peppers is rocking man!
what do you mean it was too far to walk for the lawbatahhhh roll?
/i want pics! man
i remember when i used to go to ball games we would get super cheap seats and walk around the park
sometimes that would be half the fun, just being part of teh scene at the ball park
wtf doobah? what are you some kind of saudi prince going to all these games?
baseball isnt too expensive but the football games are spendy
enjoy every bite brother! it sounds like fun

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yep, the hall of fame game is tomorrow. This year’s HOF inductees include coach Dick Vermeil, former eagles and chiefs coach and also won a superbowl with the Greatest Show on Turf Rams. The players to be inducted are Tony Boselli (only played 7 yrs but most experts consider him a top 3 LT of all time), cliff branch (Raiders WR when they won superbowls in the 70s), Leroy Butler (packers safety, won a SB with favre), sam mills (undersized LB for the saints and panthers, died of intestinal cancer in 05), and D-linemen Richard Seymour (won 3 SB’s with the pats, finished his career with raiders) and Bryant young (won a SB with the 49ers and steve young, finished #6 in sacks – 90 total – all time for def tackles).
Jaguars and Raiders are supposed to play but I doubt they’ll play any starters, jags already said trevor Lawrence and Etienne (RB) are sitting. Week 1 preseason I don’t think you’ll see many starters, week 2 and week 3 especially you’ll see them get some drives in but no more than a half at most. But ur right Pop, it is nice to see the young players and draft picks, and maybe get a peek at a new coach’s schemes (although plays are usually pretty basic in preseason).

Man DB, that’s messed up, putting human feces in food. That can make someone very sick. But I guess that’s the risk of some really ratchet places, u don’t know what theyre doing back there. I remember when I was little I’d go to Chuck E Cheese sometimes cause once a week they’d have a deal where you could get all u can eat pizza and games for a set price, not too expensive either. But later on as a teenager I worked at a pizza place and a delivery guy there said he used to work at chuck e cheese and they’d spit on the pizzas and throw them on the floor, etc. Lol, maaannnn, I did not like hearing that but I never got sick or noticed anything so…
Im glad u had a good time on ur b-day, did they win at least? How the Sox doing this year? Didn’t they lose a game like 20-0 a few weeks ago? Not trying to hate, that was just an unusual score, I think theyre still going to make the playoffs right?

Ok Hawk, never heard of the 3-2-1 method for ribs but makes sense, smoke them for 3 hrs, wrap them in foil and smoke for 2 hrs, then smoke them unwrapped again for 1. Like wrapping briskets, helps to trap heat and moisture in the meat, lets them cook faster too. 180 F is a little low for smoking imo but I guess it works just takes longer (I think meat has to get to internal temp of 160-170) but stuff like sous vide is even lower and slower temp (vacuum seal food and put it in hot water 130-160F for hours or even days).
There was a possibility Rodgers could have been traded this past offseason (broncos) or the one before (san fran) but the packers would never trade him to the bears. If he didn’t sign a contract extension this year he would have been an unrestricted Free agent next season and could have signed with anyone but even then I feel he wouldn’t sign with the bears just on principle.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
whats happening fellas! hope everyone had a great week and is ready for the weekend
im excited about preseason football even if a lot of the stars wont be on the field
we saw a lot of young guys go down in the preseason last year so i think a lot of teams will be holding their talent back
so whats up with the d.wats touchy touchy
talked to some friends about it and they felt he should receive a lot more then 6 games
i think 6games is harsh but fair, he should only get three games and maybe some kind of psa fine where he has to do community service for the down and out sex workers
/you know, donating money to their cause and supporting all those unwed mothers out there
i think the browns could salvage the season and play over .500 but there is a pr fall out here but the avg fan will be wearing a brown smile if they have a run at the playoffs this year
/f-them, crying about a grown man doing grown man things; who has clean hands in this?
man, i got some n.cal smoke from my friend and im buzzing on this stuff hard
it stinks up the whole house and hits like a truck
thanks brother if you are reading this!
thats f'd up tampering with peoples food like that
yeah your job might suck but dont f with peoples food like that
a good preseason game in the rams and chargers coming up
two playoff caliber teams playing in their own back yard, hahahha chargers are just room mates
the local tv stations are already saying home of RAMS footbawww!!
/this is rams country now
#f-spanos

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That is one of the reasons the league is appealing Watson’s suspension, they want a more significant financial penalty for him. Right now a 6 game suspension only costs him like 350K, since his salary for this year was set artificially low at 1M for the season. They want an indefinite suspension (so could be more than a year) and a fine in the millions; Goodell could have heard the appeal but appointed some ex-attorney general to hear it. I think Watson will sue if he gets handed down a stiffer penalty, but im not sure he’ll win since Brady litigated and lost his Deflategate suspension.
Watson deliberately sought out attractive female masseuses that he could ‘hit’ on, which is creepy enough but then his behavior went over the line into sexual harassment and assault. He’s a famous and rich pro athlete, not ugly either, he could have ‘dated’ 4-5 Instagram thots at a time and no one would have said anything. Instead he had to pull a Harvey Weinstein and refused to respect boundaries of people who work for him. Maybe if he had paid these ladies a hefty ‘tip’ (like 10-20K each) at the time they would have walked away and forgiven him, but like tiger woods he had to be a cheapskate with his multi millions and now has to endure public ridicule and possible much larger financial losses.
But ur right Pop, so long as he plays well and wins games he’ll be loved again, by some fans at least.

What kind of smoke is it, a green goo or jack herer? Tell us the lineage if you know it.

I wonder if anyone got sick from DB’s friend putting poop in the taco bell food. I guess maybe not because he was never caught? Maybe the temp of the food killed most of the bacteria. Still gross though. I understand a felon being frustrated by the criminal ‘justice’ system, it’s not really fair at all, but taking it out on other people just makes things worse in the long run, especially if he gets caught.

Yeah, the rest of week 1 preseason starts next week, with games Thurs Fri Sat and Sun. Bears v chiefs on Sat noon, rams chargers at 9pm (cst). Most starters don’t play week 1, a few did last night for Jags-raiders but the big names usually don’t.
Word out of rams camp is that Stafford is dealing with elbow pain, like what pitchers deal with, so could he possibly get tommy john surgery if it gets worse? Roethlisberger had to get elbow surgery a couple of years ago, had to repair 3 ligaments or something.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
an indefinite suspension would be going way too far in my opinion
lets just hand him the death penalty now and get it over with if some people think its that bad
im sure he stepped over the line with a lot of these workers but they were also compliant in the whole thing
im sure they all were paid very well for what they offered and acted in their own self interests, its also telling how many of the accusers were basically pushed aside as the drama unfolded
this is greasy sh!t across the board and i guess lets just go after d.wats because he has money kind of thing
if stafford need to get his arm fixed the rams should get on that soon, so he will be able to come back during the reg season
its called gary peyton and extreme cream, they both smoke like cookie crosses with one having a little more bite to it
im thinking of rolling up a fatty later today but this is prime pipe of bong weed
/dense nugs with a lot of smoke in them
the mrs loves it too so that always a good thing
yeah its pretty nasty that someone would even touch their own poo
im sure he dident just drop his pants and let one fly into the food, he had to touch is ass and collect the crap
just nasty, people like that are criminal
we have all dont bad things but it dosent make us bad people; some things arent just bad behavior and they show bad character
someone who would do that is not a good person in my book

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Some people are saying compared to the discipline for other athletes Watson got off light. Calvin Ridley got an indefinite suspension (the entire 2022 season, plus maybe longer if goodell feels like it) for gambling 1500 bucks on nfl games last year. Trevor Bauer got a 2 year suspension from MLB for accusations he beat up a women during rough sex, and he hasn’t been charged criminally and a judge refused to give the victim an order of protection.
There’s definitely an element of ‘this guy is getting 40M/yr and lets get PAID’ but like bill cosby, maybe one or two victims you can say theyre just looking for a payout but with 20+ people there’s definitely a problem here. Makes me wonder if that often happens to attractive masseuses, clients creeping on them.

Stafford supposedly got a PRP injection in the elbow during the offseason, that’s where they take your blood, enrich it and inject back into an injured area to promote healing. It didn’t really work and he’s been dealing with soreness/pain (tendinitis) in his elbow, he can still throw so mcvay wants to limit his reps to be cautious. Maybe Stafford can play the whole season with it but if it really limits his practice time that might affect his timing with his receivers. If he’s not going to injure it further with use they could just give him cortisone or Toradol shots before every game if it get really painful. He’s a football player, he’s played through injuries before.

Yeah, good point, it’s not like he dropped a deuce in the meat bin lol he took a piece of his poo and mixed it in. Ugh cant even talk about it anymore just the thought skeeves me out and Ive been picking up dog poop for years. Lol well that’s the fear of going out to restaurants, all it takes is one bad actor to ruin your meal.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Calvin Ridley seemed to have a lot of problems to deal with
gambling is a whole nuther thing in the league and you saw what happened to pete rose for placing bets
from what i understand non of these people have accused d.wats of assault
/just going to leave this here
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-disturbing-saga-of-robert-kraft
//wtf man, now im defending deshaun cosby
dcosby.jpeg

/d.wats dident drug his accusers for the record
going on a hike tomorrow and then out for fancy sandwiches!