What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I was pretty pissed in the 2nd half of the packers game, trubs missed some easy throws that could have picked up first downs, moved the ball into FG range, etc, anything to help ice that game away especially when our defense couldnt stop them in the 4th. I was thinking, yeah, he doesnt look accurate at all. Last year, rookie year, you can forgive some bad accuracy issues as part of the learning curve, but this year he looked even worse than last year, at least in that packers game.

But he was better against the Hawks, and as long as he continues to improve ill be optimistic. He'll probably never be a truly elite QB like brees, rodgers, brady, peyton, but he doesnt need to be to help us win playoff games, maybe even a superbowl.

Whenever youre the QB of a pro team, youre under a lot of scrutiny. If he has a bad game or two (or 3 or 4...), sports media and bitter fans will hammer him and point out all his flaws, like they did with smokin' jay. Hopefully he's able to drown all that out and just focus on his job, prepare and practice and try to get better every day. Thats all you can really ask for from a player, people are going to say whatever they want about them, the player cant control other people's opinions, they can only control their own attitude and approach to the game. And whether they played good or bad, i think it's important they have a short term memory as to their performance, just put it away and move on to the next game. Like Belichick says, "we're on to [next week's opponent]"

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i agree, baba
QB is one of the hardest positions to grow into
the speed of the game and the complexity of the offense are on another level in the pros, plus every move you make is looked at under a microscope
the less he listens to the media/ interwebs the better
i think you guys could use another piece or two to take the offense to the next level but you have a decent foundation to build on
mack is a guy you can build your team around and i hope he has a long career in chicago

rams chargers this weekend is going to be a great game
not sure if bosa is cleared to play but they bolts will be the toughest defense they have faced so far
i cant wait to see how goff plays under pressure, because the chargers are going to be bringing it

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I took your advice and picked up derwin james in one of my leagues, Pop, and he rewarded me with 8 tackles, a sack and a pass defensed. Very nice. He's got to be their best safety since eric weddle, right? He'll probably end up better than weddle ever was, at 2 sacks he's already got more sacks than weddle ever had in a season.

I didnt realize the battle of LA was this week (F!&% Dean Spanos btw). Bosa is supposedly out till Oct with a bone bruise in his foot, hopefully it's not a lisfranc fracture, those are season-ending, possibly career threatening. Melvin ingram is doing yeoman's work, but that chargers pass rush was expected to be the league's best with bosa lining opposite him.

Should still be a good game, although rams are favored by 7. You think the chargers will beat the spread or even win outright? That's a big spread, and the chargers, even without bosa, are a solid team all around. They even have a kicker who's 3/4 but hasnt missed any game winning FG's yet.

But rams are on a roll, all the stars they signed in the offseason are performing well... I dont know, im really bad at predicting games. I expect it'll be a close, competitive game, at least in the 4th quarter.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hope its a close game because they are the most fun to watch
im expecting the chargers to find some way to trip over themselves on their way to a big loss against the rams
the rams defense is going to be way tougher than kc or az, and they have a much more developed offense than buf, (not as many weapons as kc, but just as potent)
also, this game could be a turning point for the rams defense, where they take things to another level
as long as goff can handle the pass rush, i expect him to hang a few points on the chargers D
gurley might not get his yards on the ground but im hoping he will see a bunch of touches
on short passes,and if he can get hot that changes the game
im not saying the bolts cant beat the rams, but they will have to play their best game of the season
thats great that d.james has been productive for you
i have to admit im loving the way this kid is playing and think he could turn out to be something special
hes way more physical than weddle, but with all the intensity
hes looking more like a ronnie lott type safety every game
once bosa comes back this defense will wreck
#f-spanos

iTarzan

Jets 17 Browns 14 Taylor was 4 for 14 and 24 yards and it was Jets 14 Browns 0 at halftime. Taylor got hurt. Mayfield comes in and is 13 for 18 and 150 yards so far. He brought a spark and he probably won the job. 5 minutes left in the 4th. First and 10 Browns at the Jets 16. TD Browns but a flag. First and 10 at the 19...

iTarzan

TD Cleveland. TD CLEVELAND! Browns 20 Jets 17 The kick is good. Browns 21 Jets 17.

The 2 minute warning. Can Cleveland win their 1st game in over a year? If the Browns win a new hero is born in Cleveland. The city will go Baker Mayfield crazy!

I am not even a Browns fan but this is a very entertaining game and pretty cool sports moment.

Jets have the ball at their 25.

iTarzan

Now the moment could be seized by Sam Darnold and a Jets legend could be in the making. It is the battle of the rookie hopefuls.

iTarzan

INTERCEPTION BROWNS!!!! CLEVELAND IS ABOUT TO WIN!!! Jets have all their timeouts though. There is still a chance for a Jets miracle.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im thinking that on offense, the skill positions at least, the chargers are equal to or better than the rams. Rivers is playing as well as he ever has (was good last year too), Keenan and mike williams are as good as brandin cooks/cooper or woods, and melvin gordon is having a great year so he's not that much worse than gurley. The o-line gave up the fewest sacks in the league last year and is performing well again. The rams were the highest scoring team in the league last year but i think it was because of special teams and defensive scores, take those out and theyre still elite but not the best. It'll be an interesting matchup for sure, whichever way it goes.

That was an entertaining play by play of the end of the browns game, Tarzan. Are you a bit of a browns fan? Are they your 'side-piece' team?
Baker looked really good last night, except for kneel downs at the end of each half, he had 5 drives and led the team to scores in 4 of them: 2 FG's, 2 TDs and a 2pt conversion - the philly philly special, or should we call it the cleveland steamer?
Hard to believe he never got any first team reps in camp or practice. He saw the field well, went through his progressions quick, and made accurate throws. I'm impressed by the velocity on his passes, i think during the combine, the speed on his throws was 2nd only to josh allen. Not bad for a little guy.

Im honestly a little jealous. He looked better than trubs ever did for the bears. He led his team to 21 pts in little more than a half a game against a pretty decent defense in the jets. He completed 75% of his passes and should have completed 85% if his receivers didnt drop a few very catchable balls.

But it being the browns, you have to worry about if they'll screw this up somehow. Hue saying he has to review the film before deciding on who's starting week 4. Really?!?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
great run down, itarzan
this was a big win for the browns and hopefully it is the begining of a new era
if nothing else, i enjoyed your play by play to keep us informed on the game

yeah i agree baba,
the chargers and rams are equally matched at the skills positions
lets not forget the rookie RB for the chargers, ekeler; i like the way this kid runs
but the rams defense looks like its about to be hitting on all cylinders, the rams secondary knows rivers (talib and peters) and they have all their stars up front
if bosa was in i would add that to the plus column for the chargers but even if they were identical on both sides of the ball, the rams have a better special teams and a better coach
i tihnk it will be a close game and a test for both teams but in the end i guess im going with mcvay over lynn
/plus the rams defense

so i heard a rumor that if pete carrol dosent turn the seahawks arond he might be out
"...they have dismantled the legion of boom and the newer players just arent buying into his system."
my friend (an SC fan) said he could go back to the ghetto palace and coach at the college level again, but i think its just wishful thinking by a college fan

lots of good game and its already turning out to be a fun week of football!

/#f-spanos