What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Sunshine, long time no see. I think horseshoes got replaced by cornhole. There's even a cornhole professional league.

That's cool that ur birds can eat mostly kitchen scraps, theyre like little garbage disposals. Do you compost as well? Ive been thinking of making my own compost pile with all my vegetable and fruit scraps, egg shells, etc. The woman likes houseplants and if i could make my own humus instead of buying storebought soil... Not that soil is all that expensive, wouldnt really save me much but would be nice to reuse stuff that would just end up in a landfill.

Yeah, tocino seasoning. So it's basically cane sugar, salt, annatto powder and citric acid. Alright, if i cant find it i can just buy annatto powder and make my own.

Yeah Hawk, i can see why youre calling them cow pies, they have that disturbingly round shape. Maybe the person scraped the veggie matter off the bottom of the butter with a big spoon and dumped them into a bag? I know when i posted pics of my unfiltered butter in the midwest forum, i got a few laughs because the veggie matter definitely doesnt look appetizing.

Im seeing some actual twigs and stems in there that youll want to strain out before cooking with it, unless you fancy chewing on some woody bits. So heating it up and straining it through a paper towel or, as pop said, a coffee filter, would clean it up a lot but you'll probably have to press it thoroughly to get all the useable butter out. How does it smell? Cannabutter i think has a strong 'green' smell but shouldnt smell like poo, cow or otherwise. I mean, i guess dank cannabis can smell skunky, but i dont think cannabutter smells skunky, maybe it does it's been a while since i made any and i dont have the best sense of smell, lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So this is my ceramic grill/smoker.

Havent used it in 2 years and this is what I find:

Yeah, really nasty. Mold and rust everywhere. Ash too, but that's normal.

Scraped the mold a bit off the plate setter (used for indirect heat)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

I decided not to scrape anymore so i didnt have to inhale clouds of spores. Went with the surefire way to kill mold, FIRE! Kill it with Fire!

Using my new chimney starter.

So I did 2 cooks to burn all the nastiness off, think it did a decent job. Then I scraped and vacuumed the ash and turned to real food, two chickens and a pork loin roast.

Made the mistake of putting too much meat on but turned out ok, the chicken livers/necks/gizzard/hearts are in the foil, gonna give those to the dogs. Used seasoning salt on the pork and a homemade spice blend on the chicken (bay leaf, salt, lots of black pepper along with other stuff like garlic, onion powder, whatever was on hand i threw a bit in there). Turned out ok, everyone really liked the pork roast, the chicken skin didnt turn out crispy but it was fully cooked at least.

It was nice to have that wood smoke flavoring in out meat again, guess ill have to try smoking a pork shoulder and brisket next. This will definitely come in handy when football season starts!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
awww shit! now its summer time brother!
when i saw the first set of pics the first thing that came to mind was fire; lots and lots of high heat
way to go baba' and it looks like she cleaned up really nice
those cermaic eggs arent cheap and ive been thinking of picking one up myself; after seeing the pics im going to start shopping
yeah the yard birds eat most of the table scraps and stuff we dont compost
they are kind of picky but eat up most of the table scraps and vegetable peelings and seeds
they also eat up stuff like left over rice and last night pop corn; they really love the pop corn
i spoke with a pinoy friend about the toscino and he said his mom made hers fresh and used 7up in it too
i guess its basically sugar and some seasonings, i bet you could totally make your own with things you have around the house
the annatto was a good score man, it really bring that ethnic flavor to a dish
/the annatto also make a mean spanish rice too, some chicken broth (or a big scoop of better than bouillon) garlic and the annatto
slice me off a piece of that pork and ill roll up some joints!
we can have hawk bring his butter and we got ourselves a party!
i agree that you might want to refine that farther, heat it up over a really low heat and then strain it once more
you can always just wring it through a clean tshirt if you dont have cheese cloth or coffee filters
take the left over roughage and i bet you could chew it just like it was chewing tobaco
/i dont dip but would pack a fat lip of that mix!
let us know what you end up with hawk
stay high brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Pop, leaving it outside with a cover over it (humidity builds up) and getting rained on for 2 years made a nice science experiment inside. The green bits were obviously mold, but a lot of the white and black stuff wasnt ash, it was mold as well when i started scraping. But i figured that heat would reduce everything to ash, like using the 'clean' cycle on an oven to burn up all the cooked on grease.

I think costco had some big ceramic grills/smokers for around $300, i dont think theyre quite as heavy though but that may be a plus, this thing weighs a lot, it moves well enough on its carriage but when you have to lift it up it takes like 2-3 guys.

Yknow, i didnt actually buy the annatto powder at the time, but there's plenty of mexican groceries around so it wont be hard to get, wonder if i can find that toscino seasoning at a filipino grocery, if there is one around here...

The pork turned out well, it's basically like pork chop meat without any bones. I could have brined it for a more salty flavor, but slicing it up and putting some salt and pepper in some sesame oil for a dip was good as well. Not bad for 7lb of meat for like $12, at a restaurant all that meat would have been like $100 (with sides). We also got a pork shoulder on sale for 99c a lb that im fixing to smoke this week, should only take 6-8 hrs. If that turns out well then maybe ill advance to a brisket, which is a 12-15hr smoke. Ive always had trouble maintaining a fire for that long but with the chimney starter ensuring a nice even glow throughout the charcoal hopefully that wont be an issue anymore...

Yeah, Im thinking hawk could eat some of that butter before cooking with it, just to see how it tastes and the effect. If he doesnt start to feel high after an hour or so then maybe it's not good. And yeah, chewing on the stems/leaves would definitely get all the butter/thc out, although it would probably be very bitter. Cannabis isnt a great tasting plant ime.

It's funny, the pats cut TE austin sefarian jenkins yesterday when he didnt show up for minicamp, less than a month after signing him. I thought he might be an adequate replacement for Gronk, but i guess belichick really doesnt mess around. Voluntary minicamp isnt really voluntary...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think its the heavy ceramic walls that make it the cooker it is so i can see how it would weight a ton
no worries, about weight
/pulls up shirt sleeves, flexes in mirror and takes huge rip off bong
i'll have the boy and his friends to lift that thing for me
yea pork loin is great and you can do a lot with it
we just made some loin with pineapple in the crock pot and it came out pretty good
i mixed in jelly and apple cider vinegar with lots of onlion and peppers
kind of a shredded sweet and sour
we had it on those little pita bread, like mini soft tacos
so im interested in hearing what hawk though about the butter too
the way i see it is its either really good or really bad, but he had a bunch of it so if its not what he was hoping he could just eat more
yeah i cant remember which team but the league came down on someone for getting on players for missing ots's; but like you said for some teams these arent really an option
/unless you are a super star and even then they like to see you at the facility
the phillipino market should have it
i got my toscino off amazon, it was like $3 a pack or soehting like that but i got a deal buying a 10 pack
its totally worth it but you might want to try it first before going all in
annatto is good with a mild taste and it adds some color to a dish but its really good when you are trying to make mexican rice
glad to see you are back up and running and looking forward to seeing you get back into the smoke game
/one thing i found is smoking meats makes a great cover for blazing, nothing covers the smell of weed smoke like more smoke

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i think the heavy, dense ceramic may hold in heat better. I know the brick ovens that pizzerias buy, the bricks alone that line the inside of the oven weigh over a thousand lbs. Maybe u can buy a used egg off craiglist or ebay? I dont think ive gotten my moneys worth out of mine yet, but maybe in another 10 yrs of cooking it'll pay for itself, at least over what a cheaper cooker would have cost me. :)

That pineapple pork loin sounds awesome, Pop. I always forget about my slow cooker, havent used it in months.

Im sure hawk's butter is fine, looked like it was made with plenty of cannabis so potency should be good even if taste isnt great. He'll let us know how it went eventually im sure.

I think the players union issued a warning to jags team president tom coughlin about disparaging players who dont show up to voluntary OTA's. It's something the players bargained for it their contract with the league so mgmt pressuring players to show up would be a violation of their CBA.
I think belichick didnt say he cut ASJ because of that, he just said everyone who was supposed to be here was here. I know brady isnt showing up for ota's this summer, same as last summer, but like u said, he's in a way different class.

Yeah, sounds like i should just buy that annatto powder itself and try it out, could have bought a small bag for a $1 at the grocery but didnt, i was just browsing at the time and wasnt sure i wanted to buy anything. I think it's also used as a food coloring because of its mild taste and strong red color, it's preferable to using artificial coloring in foods. I do like mexican rice, and have plenty of long grain rice, bullion cubes, and frozen corn and peas to make it...

Heh, yeah, when the cooker is going you can smell charcoal and meat cooking a block away. I guess i could make some cannabutter with impunity during that time but the woman would be on me in an instant. But i could imagine you sitting by your cooker, smoking a doob without a care, knowing no one's gonna smell it over the cook smoke.

So leveon bell supposedly had half a mil of jewelry stolen by his two 'girlfriends' in Florida. Wonder how long he knew these women. I hope his stuff was insured.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah brother, the mrs loves the slow cooker and we fire it up all the time
shes gotten pretty good at it too, making everythign from pulled pork to ribs in it
you have to finish off the ribs in the oven but it come out pretty good
i like to smoke in the yard sometimes and used to even have a hide under some passion fruit
vines that i would hang out in complete with 5g bucket chairs (hey bucket seating!) and a piece of plywood table
making butter stinks up the house pretty bad but doing a couple of hits next to the grill is totally stealth
i agree that its the heavy ceramic that makes the egg what it is
i think its totally worth the cost and am seriously considering picking one up
a friend recently got a new grill and spent twice as much on this fancy gas burner thing; i dident tell him but i tihnk its strictly stunt
/nothing but a glorified version of gas burner
yeah i hear the league and the players union are butting head lately; talk about no preseason, more games... you name it
i can see how certain players may have earned a pass on otas, but i think for most players its valuable team time
so what do you think about an 18 game schedule?
how about doing away with the pre season?
its almost the weekend and i cant wait
the mrs got a gift card to this place called cheese cake factory and we are going there for lunch after our walk this saturday
im dont know too much about the menu but if they have country fried steak im totally going to get that!
hope your week is wrapping up nicely man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, Ive only used the crockpot to make beans lately, and that was a while ago. The woman got one of those instant pot things on sale over christmas, it's like a pressure cooker, she's been using it for beans, one time i made chili in it.

I guess i dont know a lot of good recipes for slow cooking, but there's plenty on the internet of course. A couple times I made some bbq chicken in the crockpot, with some ketchup and bbq sauce, came out ok but the chicken seemed a little dry without the juice. Maybe im overcooking it, cooking all the juices out of it like that? I guess you want to cook it to where it's soft but not completely fall apart? I guess i could have mixed the meat and the skin/fat together to make a juicier entree, like carnitas.

Is mj smoke something you have to hide from your neighbors? In the midwest sometimes you'll get prudish neighbors that'll call the cops if they smell someone smoking dope, and the cops might be dicks about it too wanting to haul people to jail over a little weed, but i figure in a recreational state like cali it's less of a big deal. As long as youre on your own property what can they do to you? Or is it like loud music, you can get a ticket if youre bothering your neighbors? I guess youre smoking the good stuff, so it must smell like a dead skunk when youre burning. :biggrin: People driving by are like, damn did i run over a skunk?

Yeah, i searched for the best deal on an egg and bought one at the best sale i could find. I havent really gotten consistently good at cooking with it yet, and ive had it for years, still struggling with the fire building even with the chimney starter. Had a difficult time getting it started with paper, finally i had the bright idea to gather some twigs from the yard, break them up and use that to light the chimney. Guess i need to master the fire before i can master the cooking. This is why i preferred the oven, lol, just set it and forget it.

I heard talk about the league going to 18 games a couple years ago, 18 reg season games and just 2 pre season games. This would be in exchange for more money for the players. I guess it's something that will be seriously looked at in their next collective bargaining agreement, coming up in 2 years(?). I think recently the player's union advised players to start saving money in anticipation of a strike, but on espn former players are saying it's the players not in the league yet, the ones who are going to be rookies or 2nd year guys during a strike, that struggle the most financially since they havent had an opportunity to save much.

Ah pop, youre going to like the cheesecake factory. They pretty much have anything you'd want, burritos, pizza, burgers, asian dishes, italian, it's one of the biggest menus ive ever seen a restaurant have and ive never had a bad dish there, i think most their food is scratch made and their cooks are pros. And leave room for cheesecake, theyve got plain, strawberry, and kinds with all sorts of chocolate or caramel toppings. Im sure theyll have country fried steak with some good sides too, but i figure that's something you can make yourself pretty well, right? But it's always nice to have a good meal without all the prep and cooking and cleaning...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
eagles qb c.wentz just signed a huge deal with a ton of guaranteed money
/pretty close to r.wilson money
he still had a couple years left on his rookie contract but it looks like the eagles are going all in with this deal,of which something like 100m is guarenteed
there are a few other qbs who are looking at resigning in the next few years and it looks like the price just went up
we wll have to see what happens to the new young guns; guys like watson, prescott, goff, et all
d.watson, we will have to see how he plays this year
the chargers had his number in the playoffs and i think he has something to prove
d.prescott is consistent and dosent get hurt and i wouldent be suprised to see him sign for big money
/yeehaaaw
some people think goff might be a product of mcvays system and you could just plug in another decent qb to get the same results; i think goff is another guy who has something to prove this year
/i like the kid and hope he does well
its moslty this thing about not wanting to be known as "those neighbors"
you know how it is
most of my neighbors are totally col and im sure they know we smoke, but i try to be respectful and not do it too out in the open during the day
i know the smell drifts because the other weekend the neighbors down a ways had a party and i could hear one guy start talking about g-13 and other super strong pot
most of our neighbors are really cool but i grew up always trying to be discreet so why change now?

hope you are having a great week bruh, got anything planned or are you just free wheeling

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i knew the eagles were going to throw a bunch of $ at Wentz, despite being injured the last 2 years he's shown that he's a top 5-10 qb when healthy. When you have a guy like that teams tend to keep them.

Im kind of surprised they would give him an extension after his 3rd year in the league, with 2 full yrs left on his current deal. I guess the thinking is that if he balls out the next 2 years, his price is only going to go up - right now he's got a little bit more (500k) guaranteed money than Wilson (107.5M vs 107M) but his average is around 32M/yr vs 35 for Wilson. If he's a stud qb for the next 6 yrs, consistently leading them to the playoffs, then 32/yr will probably be cheap in 5-6 yrs.

It's interesting u mention Goff since Goff went #1 in that draft with Wentz at #2, so the thinking is goff's new deal will be a bit more than Wentz. But ur also right in that the rams seem willing to wait to give him an extension. If bortles gets any playing time this year and performs well, then yeah, the rams might think hey all our offensive success is because of the coach, not the qb. But would they really let goff go and start over with bortles, or a draft pick or free agent?

Youre right that dak's contract is the next big one. Some people think his average per year will be less than 30M but his guaranteed money would be higher than what wentz got. He's been the lowest paid starting qb in the league for the last 3 yrs, and ur right he's pretty good overall, so maybe jerry feels he has to make up for being underpaid for so long.

Did deshaun watson play the chargers last year? In the playoffs he lost to the colts.

Watson, trubisky and mahomes will be up for new deals after next year, their 3rd years. Mahomes might get 40M a year, watson may come close to that, and trubisky will be last but probably still a hefty amount if he gets a little better.

I feel you on trying to be a good neighbor, Pop. Heh, im probably 'that neighbor' in my hood, my lawn unmowed, moldy & rusty furniture piled outside. Ugh, i blame it on the woman, she's a hoarder.

I never have too much planned on the weekends, maybe just a bunch of yardwork, mowing the grass and power washing the deck that ive been putting off for too long.

picture.php

Made a pork shoulder. Used a rub of steak seasoning, brown sugar, salt and cumin. Mostly brown sugar, less salt, and least cumin and steak seasoning.

picture.php

Cooked it for about 8 hours or more at around 250-275. Not sure how long it went, went to bed it was still going and woke up and it was cool. Also, not sure about the temp, i used the built in thermometer on the egg and i think it doesnt work right, the actual temp might be 50 degrees hotter.

The meat was pretty soft when freshly cooked but as it cooled it got chewier. So not as soft as pulled pork but not far off, maybe i went too high a temp or not long enough? It was about a 10lb butt.

picture.php

After the first 5 hours cooking i wrapped the meat in foil, left it a little bit open at the top, and put about a cup of bbq sauce (sweet baby rays), half cup apple cider vinegar and 1/6 cup of apricot jam in the foil. Got that idea from you Pop :biggrin:.

Then I cooked all the juice in the foil in a pot, added another cup of brown sugar and mixed in some corn starch as well to thicken it up. Made a nice runny sweet bbq sauce. Overall the flavor turned out well, part of me does wish it was a little more tender but it turned out good enough.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are right about the chargers not playing the texans , my bad baba'
it was lamar jackson i was thinking of, (another potential up and coming qb) who they beat in the playoffs
/but i think he is in the same boat this season and needs to show his game can mature and develop as defenses adjust to his playing style
im sure there are a couple more we arent mentioning but i think the price for qbs just went up
knowing about the big named qbs you mentioned with contracts coming up for renewal, it looks like the eagles may have locked in a pretty decent deal by signing wentz now
hopefully he can play a full season
and how about old man rivers, when will he be signing a new deal
most of my neighbors are really cool and there a bunch of kids who live in the area too so i try and keep the smell down when i can
talk about stinking up the place,looking at you go on that bbq brother
that pork looks nice man! i bet it smelled great that whole time while it you were cooking it
i like like the blend you put together to season the shoulder, how long did you let it sit for before putting it on the grill?
so how are you planning on enjoying the meat? shredded for some nice pulled pork sandwiches or you coulf take the shred and throw it under the broiler for a second and make some carnitas style
so many delicious choices to make!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I figured u meant lamar and the ravens. He for sure was shut down by the chargers with their 3 safety defense, although he did get 2 passing td’s in garbage time. The ravens are trying to surround him with talent, they used their 1st rd pick on Antonio brown’s cousin, marquise brown, a small fast receiver. And the team owner has already said they expect lamar to run less this year. Lamar still has 2 years left before he’s due for an extension, so ur right he needs to show he can be a pocket passer so defenses cant defend him the way the chargers did.

I remember when peyton signed with the broncos, in 2011(?), his price tag was 18-19M a year. Now the going rate is almost double that (Wilson 35M a year). That’s some big inflation in like 8yrs, but I guess the salary cap has almost doubled in that time.

If carson keeps getting hurt every year, and they don’t have a viable backup, this deal wont look great, but the eagles are betting he wont be injury prone, they made sure he passed some physicals before extending him, and he’s cleared for all football activities now, not like last year when he was still recovering from his acl and didnt play till week 3 or 4.

Yeah, if there are children in the ‘hood you don’t want to be skunking the place up if you can help it. That’s the downside of burning, the smell. Before I switched to edibles, I was doing a lot of vaping bho, which is a very subtle smell, really non existent. You ever think of turning some of your stash into bho and getting a nice vape pen? The high is a little bit different but the flavor is good and u can chief all u like outdoors and no one can tell it’s thc vs nicotine…

The pork was good with the bbq sauce made from the drippings, but after it cooled it wasn’t soft anymore. After heating it up and cutting it up with scissors and pulling it apart it made a nice carnitas, maybe ill put it under the broiler to get a crisp on it, but I don’t think I cooked it low and slow enough to melt the fat enough. I think I need to calibrate my dome thermometer, that thing has been off for ages. Also, I had bought a wireless thermometer years ago and finally found it yesterday so that’ll give me accurate temps for cooking. Need to master the fire and the temp to cook good bbq.

I was going to say, if youre interested in picking up an egg for cheap, maybe u can find one used on face book marketplace. Sometimes an egg owner will upsize their egg and sell their smaller one quick, and FB marketplace is like the new craigs list. If you don’t do FB, maybe have one of the young un’s do it. And u seem to do amazing things on the smokey joe, so a smaller kamado cooker might be all right for you. And one trick that people sometimes do is cook for 2-4 hours on the egg to get that smoke flavor then finish it off on a propane grill, if you cant fit all your food on the egg. Maybe you can use a kettle grill as the finisher so it’s still getting smoke.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so its finally summer time here in san diego
last firday it was about mid-60's on the coast, maybe topping out in the 70's, but sat was blazing hot and sunday might have been even hotter
me and the mrs went out to toss some frisbee and when we got home i noticed how red she was on the face and chest
we were both out for a few hours and man, did we get some color
i dont really burn so it wasnt that bad, by sunday the red faded into a toasty brown but the mrs kind of had a little burn
im sitting in shorts and flip flops right now
yeah i tried making bho a few times, once i brought home some ethanol from work (.99) and ran it over a bunch of buds
it came out ok, but like you said it has a different high and it wasnt really what i was hoping for
a friend also has a hot press and i let him run a bunch of our trim once and it was amaze balls at first
like the sweetest, gooeyist oil you could imagine
he got a few grams out of it and we split the batch but i left it in the parchemnt paper too long i guess
it started out a pliable wad of taffey but it looked like it melted into the parchment paper and now all i have this stained piece of paper that i guess i could eat but i dont tihnk it would be worth smoking because of all the paper
but the night i did smoke it it was incredible, like almost bordering on psychedellic
yeah the qb market has gotten way more expensive in the last few seasons and will only get crazier
/as long as wentz can stay healthy the eagles might have gotten him at a bargan if prices keep going up
also, looks like the plice have closed the case on t.hill; but the league might still suspend hima few games
i will ahve to look around and see what kind of deals i can get for an egg
if nothing else i dont mind paying a grip up front as long as i get a top quality model
its one of those thigns i figure will last the next 10y + so when you amortize the cost over 10 y its not that bad; but i still like getting a good deal and saving money
this might be something to shop for at the end of summer to get the best deal on
but if you keep posting pics like the last one i dont know if i can hold off and might just go all in
hope you had a great weekend brother and are enjoying every bite of your pork!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Hawk, you around? How'd that butter turn out? Good, i hope. Looked pretty dank, all things considered.

Yeah, summer has been pretty stubborn in the midwest, we've had more cool days than warm days so far. I actually dont mind it, it's better for the dogs too, but im afraid we'll pay for it in the end, like have 80 degree days in november. Which, actually, wouldnt be that bad.
The woman wants me to use sunscreen more but I think a little sun is good for you, gives you that vitamin D. But yeah, sunburns suck, I haven’t had one since I was a kid but theyre no Bueno.

I found the bho high to be more of a head high, more cerebral, which I didn’t mind in my case since it wouldn’t glue me to the couch like a good bong hit would. Mostly I did it because it didn’t smell as much, so the woman wouldn’t mind and I could do in the car or in public without hassle.
Im not sure what a hot press is, is it basically what it sounds like? Is it like this thing:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=726DuQi4P_0
Looks really good, and even though the machine looks pricey you dont have to use butane or alcohol to extract the oil from the buds. Plus the heat serves to decarb the thc during extraction. Looks like they used a cold surface to harden the sticky oil so it can be scraped from the parchment, maybe you can throw it in the freezer for a bit and see if you can get it off the paper that way.

Wentz said there wasn’t much haggling, he basically jumped at the deal the eagles offered, anytime you can get the most guaranteed money in history after your 3rd yr in the league youre doing well, plus if he balls out im sure his next extension will come a year or two before this new deal runs out and will make up for any underpayment.

Yeah, doesn’t look like there will be any charges against tyreek hill, maybe because theyre not sure who’s abusing the kid, the mom or the dad or both. But youre right, the league can still suspend him even without any criminal charges, I’m wondering if he’ll get 6 games or more or less?

That’s why I bought an egg, I figured if a high quality product lasted me years and years then I’d get my money’s worth eventually. I haven’t had much consistent success with it but I just needed to be more professional about things, do my research, figure out what works for the guys who have experience and learn from them.
Also, there’s an XL egg, you might be able to find someone selling their medium (like mine) if they upgrade to an XL. Ive often thought my egg was a little too small, it can have trouble fitting two pork butts or one big brisket. I wasn’t about to spend a bunch of money upsizing though, but there might be someone within an hour drive of u who did.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats pretty much what the press was, but not that brand
he said he started out using a hair straightener and grew into the one he now has
if you just wanted something for yourself im sure you could just press a few grams in the hair thinggy
/the girl has one but i dont want to use here because im afraid of ruining it
my buddy put it in the freezer like you said and then i think he just folds it over onto itself and then it clumps up like that
maybe i should get in touch with him again
yeah i will start looking around for them and just do some pricing for now but maybe this will be my new thing
the t.hill thing is a shit storm and a half
basically they said the boy was beaten but because the mother and hill both said they hit him they cant really say who left the welts and bruises and i guess they ruled the broken arm an accident
i bet the chiefs take action and the league too
i have no problem with violence and there are times when i think its called for, but against a small child ....
yeah, where is our man hawk at?
im surprised that the pics of pork butt dident get his attention
maybe you need to fire up the grill and send him a smoke signal
also a few other guys who havent been posting but i guess its the off season and they are probably off watching the us womens soccer team crush
i actually like the warmer days late in the year
at least here its like 80' in the day (during oct/nov) but the nights are nice
/shorts weather during the day and nice and cool at night
hope you are having a great week brother

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
A hair straightener? Dang, im gonna have to look up vids of how to use a flat iron to make bud oil. Heh, too bad the woman got rid of all my vape stuff.

I would think the kettle grill with lump charcoal could do most of what an egg does, maybe for long smokes you have to add more charcoal during the cook. I sorta wish i had bought a weber kettle grill instead of this thing, because I haven’t used it all that much, maybe less than 40 times total, but im still holding out hope it’ll eventually be worth it.

Yeah, the whole tyreek thing is sad, he’s going to face a hefty suspension because he had a DV incident in his past with his baby’s mama also, so he’s a repeat offender in the league’s eyes.
Young children are pretty fragile, sometimes it doesn’t take much force to break a bone. There’s cases there a kid is having a medical issue, trouble breathing, and chest compressions done by medical personnel will crack their ribs, and later on ‘experts’ think the child was beaten by the parents. Not saying that’s what happened, but maybe just grabbing a kid by his arm and jerking him around could cause an injury.

If I can im going to try a brisket next, although I do have some lamb meat gifted by a friend I could cook. Lamb is pretty good, kind of gamey but sort of like beef.

HBO hard knocks is going to film the raiders this year, I think I watched one episode of the browns series last year, and one episode of the bucs before that. All pretty standard sports reality show stuff, nothing too exciting or revelatory imo. But maybe the raiders will be spicier, with gruden and AB.

Yeah, I hear SD has probably the best weather in the country, not too hot during the summer, definitely not cold during the winter. Usually the places that have temperate winters have really hot summers, like AZ and TX and FL, but I guess SD, being near the ocean, you’re spared a lot of the 90-100F days. Is that like an El Nino effect? Currents coming from arctic waters cooling down the area?

I never have any plans for the weekend, maybe I should try to get my backup stash and make some olive oil out of it? It’s been close to a year since I last got high, and I cant let hawk have all the fun. :)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wait what? you havent been high all this year?!
i was just patting myself on the back because ive been home since 4p and im just now taking my first hit
i know my consumption might deviate a bit from the the norm, but thats a long time to not be high
dude, wait till this weekend and smoke a few hits; it will be like going back in time to when you first started smoking and i bet you will be super stoned
/im blowing out some smoke in your direction right now brother hoping you get a contact buzz
//packs second hit even fatter than first... time to break out the kief
fathers day is coming up, what better way to say "way to go dad" than a new flat iron
were never too old to keep up our looks, yeah brother?
/runs fingers through hair in slow motion
when you learn cpr you learn how to compress an adult and babies chest; i was taught to use your two fingers on babies
kids can take a lot damage but you are talking about a grown man and woman (yeah im putting the mom on blast too) hitting a child in anger; this isnt the message you want the kid to grow up with
looks like you are getting the handle on your grill and im sure its going to more than pay for itself
just keep putting meat on the heat and learning the nuances of your grill; like you said, you already know the thermometer is off
/you said you can recalibrate it,like set it to zero recalibration or just make the mental adjustments?
we get really nice weather here in san diego because of the ocean
if you go just a few miles inland it gets really hot just like the deserts almost
but on the coast the ocean regulates the temps
el nino are equatorial currents, so they bring the warm water to california
that allows the strong storms to go farther up the coast of mexico so you also get really good surf
its names after these red shrimp like things; like a crawdaddy
ive seen it where the water is super red because of these things and there are piles of them washed up on the beach
i havent watched any of the hard knocks but i hear mixed reviews about the show
hope your week is going in the right direction and you have a great night my man

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i havent had mj since probably last july, so just about a year. Pretty wild. Too bad i drank a lot more to get my buzz on, not a good trade off if you ask me.

I wish i could take a nice good bong hit again but the woman threw away my glass. :comfort:

Even making canna olive oil is going to be a trip, have to decarb it first in the oven without making a smell. If you wrap it up good enough in foil it shouldnt smell, but I think it's better if you grind the buds up first for decarbing and mixing with the oil. And grinding them up is a smelly job for sure.

But ill figure out a way, just have to be patient. :biggrin:

I think ive actually got an old flat iron or two laying around, not for me of course but maybe a castoff from the woman. I'd normally like to give that hot press oil thing a go, seems like a good alternative to using a bho tube and canned butane which is messy and dangerous, but again, smell and lack of vapeware makes that an issue.

I think dcfs is involved with tyreek and his family, so they'll be getting some counseling and parenting classes and hopefully things will be better from now on. Im sure the chiefs are going to make sure he gets his head right before letting him play again also.

Bears cut 2 kickers, including blewitt, this week after none of them could make a 42yd FG in front of the team. You would think pro kickers make like 80+% on 45yds or less. Maybe it's nerves, being put on the spot like that in front of the whole team? But if that's the case how are they going to perform in real games, especially game winning kicks? Im afraid for the bears, they might be looking at a kicker situation that's as bad as anything the vikings or chargers have faced in the past...

I read that to calibrate the egg thermometer you put it in boiling water (the tip in the water, not touching the bottom of the pan) and then adjust it to 212F. Ill do that soon and post results, should be interesting to see how off it is.

The thing with the thermometer that comes with the egg is that it's probably the cheapest part of the unit, gets bent easily, can be easily knocked off calibration, can get damaged with high heat cooks. A lot of cooks replace it with a higher quality unit or use wireless or bluetooth ones. Ill see if i can recalibrate and salvage mine, can still be useful even if i use the wireless one, which has two probes, one for the grill and one for the meat.

Yeah, i read that el nino pushes the warm waters around, not the cold water. And I know it generally gets hotter and more desertlike the more west you go in Cali, makes sense since youre heading towards AZ and NV. But is it true that SD doesnt get as hot in the summer like LA can? Like more 80F days than 90F days?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those temps dont sound too far off, at least by the coast
we get some days where a santa ana is blowing or heavy tropical air settles over so cal where it will get above the 80's on the coast, but for the most part its only a few days a year that get that hot
i think most of la is just more inland than most of san diego and even here once you go east of the 15 it gets hot pretty fast
sounds like an easy calibration and i guess you could just recalibrate at teh start of every summer if needed
i have a poke in thermometer and have been eyeing a wireless one
i read about the kickers kick off at the end of practice the other day
of the three kickers none of them made the kick and i think only one of them came close (hit off the uprights)
they also cut one of the kickers that day dident they
like you said, 45y is something a pro level athlete should be able to nail
/i dont think they even have presure during these kicks, like guys rushing in or trying to block the kick; but i can see how they would feel on the spot
a friend of mine told the lady to rinse the weed, or soak it in cold water once to remove the weed taste and smell; i think it removes a lot of the chlorophyll but im not sure if it works
we dont usually soak when she makes the butter/ oil
yeah try the prss, i am not a fan of bho; i dont like the use of strong solvents for something im going to smoke
ethanol is a little different because i think almost all of that evaporates but im no expert on oil for sure
so are there any plans on hitting the pipe this summer? i can totally dig it if you have moved on but it would be funny if you did
im sparking this one jusr for you baba'