What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I feel like Goff is gonna get flustered. Ive seen it happen a few times this yr were hes clueless looking over to Mcvay think WTF do I do. It's rumored Mcvay tells Goff were or who to throw the ball to when he snaps it on certain plays. Kinda seems like that would confuse the fuck outta a QB after he snaps the ball have somebody talking into his helmet when the defense is pinned back coming after him. I don't know seems like bullahit really. But remember another team with more contraversal shit the last 2 decades than the Pats lol......You got a great young coach against the goat Belichick!!!! that's gonna be fun watching the young guy try to one up the old mastermind. This may not be pats best team ever but I think Brady , Belichich and the whole team have felt so disrespected by these new young teams coming in as favorites and have really answered the bell. I don't know if Belichich has ever coached as good as hes doing now. I just see Brady with business at mind and goes in there and gets that SB......for the last time maybe.....27, 23 Pats

Americangrower

Veteran
I feel like Goff is gonna get flustered. Ive seen it happen a few times this yr were hes clueless looking over to Mcvay think WTF do I do. It's rumored Mcvay tells Goff were or who to throw the ball to when he snaps it on certain plays. Kinda seems like that would confuse the fuck outta a QB after he snaps the ball have somebody talking into his helmet when the defense is pinned back coming after him. I don't know seems like bullahit really. But remember another team with more contraversal shit the last 2 decades than the Pats lol......You got a great young coach against the goat Belichick!!!! that's gonna be fun watching the young guy try to one up the old mastermind. This may not be pats best team ever but I think Brady , Belichich and the whole team have felt so disrespected by these new young teams coming in as favorites and have really answered the bell. I don't know if Belichich has ever coached as good as hes doing now. I just see Brady with business at mind and goes in there and gets that SB......for the last time maybe.....27, 23 Pats

It is true McVay talks right up to the last sec to Goff, but helmet headset shuts off at 15 on play clock.
So I expect Pat's to be in 1 set D then at 15 sec switch to another D like they have done forever against rookie/young qb's.

Americangrower

Veteran
Pop, the rasta pasta u make, is that basically your own twist on aglio et olio pasta (italian for garlic and oil)? Which uses garlic cooked in olive oil, parm cheese, red pepper flakes, salt, maybe parsley and lemon zest?
The woman tried to make pasta in olive oil a few times but dont think she did it right, never really had any flavor, just tasted like oily spaghetti noodles. Olive oil in general doesnt have much flavor by itself, have to add that cheese, spices, salt, etc to get some actual flavor in your noodles...

I always saute the red pepper flakes in the oil with garlic. Much more flavor. My wife's favorite is when I throw fresh live little-necks in it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I feel like Goff is gonna get flustered. ...

lets hope not wvKnd, ive seen it too
its totally happened a few tiem this year especailly in the second half of the season
he seems to be lost on some plays; goff has a great arm but he is still young and it shows at especially when hes pressed
one of the problems the rams had against the saints was the noise in the dome was off the chart and goff was lost couldent hear mcvay in the headset
/heck, half the team was hard to hear the plays being called and it showed
this game mcvay will be able to talk to goff up until the end and keep him cool and collected, giving him insight about what he sees
im hoping the rams defense comes to play and they dont make any big mistakes, but rams all the way
its not going to be an easy game, even if gurley show up and goff is on point because the pats know how to win but i hope the rams win
#f'spanos

yes baba', its a twist on a dish i had before
the one i had went heavy on the garlic
one thing i like to do is first heat the oil and cook a shit ton of onions (one large onion) over med/ high heat
you want that stuff to toast up really well and then add some garlic once the onion is translucent
/you can totally smell the flavor in the oil abd roasted garlic and onions are almost sweet
let this simmer for a while before adding the peppers and sun dried tomatoes
throw in some more garlic and when smell that start to cook, add in the drained noodles
the trick is you almost fry the noodles in the flavored oil
i will finish with some more oil and another toss of all of the above (peppers, garlic and onions)
its a light flavor for sure but nothing like you mention
ag' is on the right track about how you really want to infuse the oil with flavor before adding the noodles
then he takes it to another level adding the clams, clam has to be one of my favorite things to eat from the sea and the get some good ones around the new england area
even wiht review, you only get two per game (three if yu wion the first two)
plus if you lose the review it costs you a time out
im all for getting it right within reason but this is kind of getting over the top , i hope the league dosent institues some stupid PI offical
/they are totally going to institute sonme stupid PI offical
life is full of mistakes and nothing is fair and every football fan has felt both sides of this
it looks like l.fitzgerald is coming back for another season with the cards
he signed a one year deal and will most likely over take t.gonzalez on the list of all time receptions; as far as knocking off the top dog, j.rice he nowhere close
but i admire his spirit and drive, the guy a senior citizen as far as the nfl goes, double for a wr
#oldguysrule!

Last edited:

Americangrower

Veteran
Well we all know that if the Pit. Rooney's and NY Mara want pi reviews it will happen. They run the show, the rest of the owners are nothing more than puppets.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I was just about to say but AG beat me to it, that yeah, the headsets shut off before the ball is snapped. But i agree, WV, that would be very confusing, if someone was talking in the QB's ear while he's backpedaling, looking for open receivers. Seem like it would backfire in most cases.

U guys are right, Goff had a poor last month of the season, compared to what he did earlier, but i felt like he’s played pretty well in the playoffs, considering he went against 2 very stout defenses in dallas and new orleans. Made enough throws in each for the win. And yeah, he's not very mobile, but on designed rollouts he's not bad, saw him drop a nice long td pass on such a play in week 16 or so. Also he had a 40 yd completion to the TE against the saints on a little scramble outside the pocket. So, yknow, he’s not completely hopeless on the move.
The patriots were stunting and twisting on every pass rush against mahomes and rivers, and really knocking both those guys off their spots. I think the rams have a better o-line than either the chargers or chiefs but they’ll be put to the test to give goff a clean pocket.
I agree WV that it’ll be the old genius vs the new genius in the superbowl, but more than anything it might be that the patriots are pretty healthy now. Last year they lost donta hightower, their best defender, and it showed against the eagles. Even gronk is looking better than he was earlier, had two huge catches late against the chiefs.
It’s funny you mentioned clams, AG, when I made the olive oil and garlic pasta last night that’s the first thing the woman said, is this would be great with clams.
I asked her if she wanted onions in the pasta last night, Pop, and she said no, but adding onions and peppers is definitely a twist we’ll try later. And ur right, slightly undercooking the noodles in water and then finishing them off in the pan with the sauce (and a bit of the pasta water) is great, gets the flavor into the noodles and gives that perfect al dente texture.

I think Jerry jones and robert kraft are two of the more influential team owners as well, AG...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we all know who r.goodell works for and it sure isnt the fans
it was funny today because one of the IT guys at work told me how mush he despised cheaters and hope the patriots won
hes a friend (who up until the past couple weeks never showed interest in football) so i had to ask, did the rams pay off the ref ... how did they cheat?
it was a bad call and the rams won the game with a 57y field goal courtesy of legatron
i also pointed out how the patriots had been caught and punished by the league numerous time... cheating!
you gotta love the fair weather fans
/one of the reason i appreciate talking football with you guys knowledge here so much

goff is still young and it shows
he isnt a mobile qb by any means but he can move around, hes even run for a yard or two but thats not someting you want to see a lot of
hopefully mcvay consider how the pats were moving around a lot (you know he is thinking about it this very moment) and will plan a few rolls outs or plays that slide to a certain direction
dont be suprised if we see a lot of razzle dazzle in the game too from the rams; you know jet sweeps, fakes, the works
anything to keep the pats defense guessing and hopefully slow down the pass rush

that sounds like some good eating there baba'
as long as you flavor up the oil you cant miss
/its kind of like rice where whatever your water taste like thats what your dish will pretty much be
another thing i would like to mention is the choice of pasta
i like to use pene for things like this, lots of room for the oil and stuff to get into and bring the flavor home
also a good cheese, the the preshredded is good but this is where i will break out the chunks of cheese we have tucked away and shred it on myself, the thicker the better

mangia guys! we made it to the weekend!

Americangrower

Veteran
I love how people always say the Pats have cheated multiple times. When in fact yes they were caught filming from the sideline after letter was sent to all teams not to do it. You know that you still can video just not from sideline, 1st row is ok. What a joke.

Anyhow the deflated footballs is a even bigger joke, it's well documented that Brady has his balls set to exactly 13.2 the min aloud. What happen was in NY the ref decided that 13.2 was to low and inflated them to over 15psi . Brady was pissed and tolded equipment guys "I don't care what you have to do I want them at 13.2" Well they did that inside then in the cold outside they dropped psi.
The softest ball tested was 12.8 at halftime. Most were 13. I don't get it Roger's came out and said he likes them hard. Has them set to 16 psi which is overinflated and no1 cares at all.

shithawk420

Veteran
You could have hidden video of the Patriots cheating and some of you guys will still deny the Patriots of any wrong doing.

I'm done with this thread till next year probably.tired of all the smug Patriots fans.not talking about you guys in particular

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
If NE is guilty of anything, it's taking what's allowed to the very limit. Their success is built on finding an edge wherever they can, whether it's free agency, draft, gameplay, etc. Theyve traded defensive stars because they wanted to spend money elsewhere (richard seymour, jaime collins, chandler jones), they sign free agents whose old teams were misusing them (kyle van noy), trade for players in the same situation (randy moss, wes welker), in the draft they concentrate on what players can do well not what they cant do well, and sometimes on gameday they run the hurry up so fast that opposing coaches complain (harbaugh with the ravens) or yes, deflate the balls because brady likes them at the lowest end of the permissible range.

Despite all that, they can be beat, and i think the rams will do it. Rams 38, Patriots 28.

We'll see what mcvay has gameplanned, Pop. The patriots were successful in pressuring the qb with their stunts and twists in the playoffs, maybe youre right and theyll have goff move the pocket a bit, keep them guessing where he's going to set up. He's no rodgers or wilson as far as mobility goes, but as long as his movement is part of the play design and not a scramble he should still be able to throw effectively.

It's funny you mention the rice, i read that in a recipe recently, you want to taste the water/flavoring that youre cooking the rice in, because that's what the finished product will taste like. I mean, it makes sense, duh, but it's not something amateur cooks always realize...

Your tip on penne sounds like a good idea, those tubes can hold a lot of flavor, cheese, meat etc. Might have to try that out.
Shredded cheese is very convenient, but i myself have a bunch of blocks of cheese around, the hard cheeses can last a long time in the fridge, so im slowly but surely using them up...

Americangrower

Veteran
You could have hidden video of the Patriots cheating and some of you guys will still deny the Patriots of any wrong doing.

I'm done with this thread till next year probably.tired of all the smug Patriots fans.not talking about you guys in particular

There's not a team in the league or any major sport that doesn't look for an advantage aka CHEAT.
From scuffing balls to hacking other teams computers for draft info.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the pats also manage the clock well
i wouldent be surprised if they work the clock against the rams if they can take an early lead
i tihnk you are pretty much spot on baba'; the pats take it all the way to the limit and sometimes will go too far and they get the most out of their roster
the magic between brady and belickick is also a big part of their success

that would be a drag if you bailed on us hawk'; this is when things are getting good
regardless of who is playing or how they got there is the super bowl brother

i like to keepa bunch of cheeses around the house too baba'
like you said the hard cheeses last forever when you take care of them and even if they get a little too hard they still shred up nicely for things like soups and garlic bread
/we ussually throw our old pieces into the sauce pan to give it extra richness
so the mrs made biscuits and gravy this weekend and she totally knocked it out of the park on the biscuits
she said she used butter milk and butter
we dont have buttermilk so she put lemon in it and they came out with an almost sour dough taste
these thigns were crispy on the outside and super light on the inside
we are going to be making them again here soon and are talkiung about making a chicken and dumplings too
good biscuits are a thing of beauty for sure

hope everyone has a good start to their week and are getting ready for the big game!
let the pregaming bagin!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Nah, dont worry about hawk, im sure he's going to watch the superbowl. For the commercials, if nothing else.

The patriots had a 2:1 advantage in possession time over the chiefs, 40 mins to 20 mins, and that was before overtime where the chiefs never touched the ball. Grinding out first downs on the ground and in the air, keeping mahomes on the sidelines, worked out well. Theyll find it harder to move the ball against the rams though, aaron donald is the Def POTY (twice in a row) this year, and Suh has really stepped up his play in the postseason. If they can get consistent interior pressure against brady, that makes things really difficult for him, because he's one of the slowest qb's in the league.

One of the main reasons people get so upset about NE crossing the line is that theyre so successful. A year or two ago the browns were penalized because their GM texted some tips or instructions to a coach during a game, but no one really cared cause they sucked at the time.

Obviously you need the QB to win multiple titles, but no one in brady's generation has won more than 2 and he's won 5 (so far). Rodgers has one, Peyton has 2, Eli has 2 (somehow), Ben has 2 (first one his defense was mostly responsible for). No other franchise has been as consistent in maximizing their QB's talents like the patriots have.

That's a good idea, throw the ends of the cheese that are too small to use the shredder on into a pot of sauce or something.

Ive heard of that, using milk and either lemon or vinegar to simulate buttermilk. Because buttermilk can be hard to find and expensive too if you can find it. I last bought buttermilk years ago when i marinated some chicken for frying in it, really made a nice difference, makes that meat nice and tender, but unless youre a southern cook like paula deen i cant see always having a supply of it on hand.

Was the gravy made with sausage? One of my favorite things to order at diner-type places is biscuits and sausage gravy, even tried to make it a few times too but never could get it right. Maybe ill try again, im a better cook than i was before, when i put my mind to it.
biggrin.gif

But i agree, good biscuits are a great and easy substitute for good bread. Was the butter cold when she cut it into the flour? I think that's how you get flaky biscuits.

Americangrower

Veteran
I may be wrong but I think Suh and Donald inside pressure plays right into the Pats hands. They love screen passes, quick slants and passes to the running back. The Rams linebacks are undersized shit 1 of them is a safety. I see Gronk having a good game since I'm expecting lots of PI to be called after last game. If they aren't aloud to mug him it's going to be a long day.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'll watch the Superbowl but I'm gonna watch it with people even more pissed than I am so I'm just a little tired of all this drama. I will say that if it wasn't for Parkey I think the bears could have won the SB.so that's why I'm pissed.

Watching the Bears YouTube channel now.Pagano is gonna be the new DC.see where that goes I guess.

As for gravy I like good ole red eye pepper gravy.
Everyone is so pissed and miserable here with the weather don't know what I'm gonna do for food.if this weather don't get better we're gonna starve to death! Can't even leave the dry way! Lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
red eye gravy is where you put coffee in it, right?
that might be something to try, is it just coffee,blk pepper and the roux?
that sucks that you guys are socked in, time to get creative with what you have in the pantry and chef something up my man!

yeah we had sausage gravy, with the real sausage
the mrs is always trying to eat healthier and last time we made the gravy with those fake vegitarian sausage patties you get at costco
this time we made the real deal and it came out just right
im the same baba' and my love biscuits and gravy, throw a fried egg over the top and its on brother!
yes, the butter was cold and she cut it in with the pastry thingy, you could also use a fork or two knives, just dont use your hands because the butter will melt from the heat of your hands
shes been working on her biscuit game for a couple years too, so if at first you dont succeed...
you got this baba
i would have never thought of adding vinegar to the milk but i guess its the same, both are acid
but with the vinegar, i wonder if different flavors cuold impart something unique?
/obviously balsamic v. white

you make a good point ag about how the rams pass rush comes from the interior and leaves a gap on either side
gronk might be too big for a safety so they will have to put a linebacker on him creating a mismatch because of his speed
hopefully the terrible twosome will be able to collapse the pocket on brady and the ends can bring the pressure from the edge
the whole D needs to bring their A' game for this one

so i heard an interview ith brady this morning and the reporter asked him, "what advice would you give to j.goff"
his reply was, " ...im not going to give him any advice"
straight baller!

cant wait for the big game!