What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I heard an interesting rumor, from a Mark Davis interview with espn a week or two ago, that the raiders dont currently have a place to play next year, so they might actually play in san diego for 2019.

Mark has a lease proposal ready to sign with oakland, but theyre pissed at him for leaving and might sue him instead of giving him one more year. And his vegas stadium wont be ready till 2020 so the raiders need a place to play for 2019.

At first glance i think this would go about as well as the vikings or lions moving to chicago if the bears leave (like, not well at all, even though im sure theres a decent amount of michigan and minnesota people living around chicago), but on second blush, there's a lot of raiders fans in LA that might make the 90min drive south to catch home games.

Ur right about the giants, i think team executives privately wish eli wouldnt win any more games so they can get a higher draft pick so they can get their pick of the qb's next year.

I think the big tub of ice and brine should do the trick nicely, and the rub will just add more flavor. Let us know how it works out. Plus, what really makes the thanksgiving meal are the side dishes, imo.

i have some meats in a rub im going to grill up and a bunch of weed to burn
might break out some hash today too
hope you enjoy the games!

Youre living the dream life, bud! Grilled meat, bong and weed and hash, nothing better in life...

iTarzan

The Bears appear to be for real. I hope they keep on winning. I like it when old NFL teams have surprise seasons.

Luck had 3 tds for the seventh game in a row for 3rd place all time. Manning had an 8 game streak and Brady had 10 for the record..

I saw the Steelers were losing on ESPN site. I knew it was on TV. There was like a minute left in the game and I thought it would be nice to watch them lose. Wrong!!! Miracle finish and the Steelers win.

shithawk420

Veteran
Bears looked pretty good except for a few fuck ups.
They are gonna clench our division for sure.

Pretty disappointed with the Falcons

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
What up Tarzan, long time no see. Hope youre doing well.

Colts are 5-5 after a 1-5 start, theyre getting healthier and may be fighting for a wild card spot. Jaguars are trash (good D tho) and titans are inconsistent, but the texans are 7-3 after an 0-3 start (supposedly first time in 90 yrs a team has won 7 in a row after an 0-3 start).

The colts and texans play once more in 3 weeks, that could be big to determine the division winner, although the texans won the first meeting.

Luck and the offense is playing so well, he's a lock for comeback player of the year, and will probably up top 5 in mvp voting (with brees, mahomes, gurley, maybe roethlisberger). All this after the colts were voted like the 2nd worst team in the league in the preseason...

Hey Hawk, good to hear from u again! Hope youre doing well also. Sorry to hear that the falcons are disappointing you, but the cowboys are playing pretty well now, so not surprising they lost. Falcons play the saints on thanksgiving, which may be a massacre given that the saints tied the record for most 40pt games in a season with 6 games left. We'll see if they can put up some points, make it competitive at least...

I was overall pretty satisfied with the bears game, they went up 14-0 in the first half, but could only muster a FG and def TD (and 2pt conversion) in the 2nd half. Vikings have a good D, they were tight on the receivers all night, and forced the bears playmakers into 3 TO's (2 ints by Trubisky, 1 fumble by Cohen).

Bears D did let up a bit in the 4th quarter again, giving up 2tds, mostly garbage time tho, since the last td came with less than a minute left and brought it to within 5. After a failed onside kick, bears were able to kneel out the clock.
The margin of victory came from a defensive TD, im not sure that's a sustainable formula for winning in this league but hey, bears are in first place in the north in what seems like forever so ill take that. Bears next play their 2nd game against the lions on turkey day, they waxed detroit just last week but then the lions go and beat a not bad carolina team, so who knows what to expect.
Vikings next face the packers, they tied their first game of the season, should be interesting to see how they fare the 2nd go round...

Still got another great game tonite, chiefs at rams, 9-1 vs 9-1. Although i do like the chiefs (have mahomes on one of my fantasy rosters) ill go ahead and root for the rams tonite, in honor of Poprocks.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks baba', we will both be rooting for the rams tonight brother
tonights game is going to be close with two high powered offenses
im hoping the rams D can handle the action out of KC's backfield but they have a mobile qb and an excellent backfield
/this plays right into a major weakness on the rams D
the chi game was a fun one and i like what i saw from chi on both sides of the ball
trubinsky looked like he was able to read the defense well and made good decisions overall
the chi defense played lights out sunday night and totally over matched the vikings o'line
mack is playing like a monster and hasnt even settled in yet; i cant wait to see how that defense looks once everything comes together
/that forced fumble/ recovery was a pure beastly move
you guys had a top defense before the mack deal; now hes taken that whole unit to the next level
i can see the bears making the playoffs this year and being a team no one want to play in the playoffs
so the chargers shit the bed in epic charger fashion in their loss to the broncos
this weeks loss was unusual because it was phillip rivers gave up the game
/ his third down pass into the dirt killed the clock and gave denver the time it needed to score with ease
what happened to the falcons secondary? the defense used to be a strong point in the atl
luck looks like he is back and his arm looks healthy, lets hope he can keep the ball moving and get a little help from the rest of the team

the steaks came off the grill almost perfect and i had them with some mashed potatoes, cauliflower and peas
i have a bunch of outdoor i grew out at a friends house this summer sitting in plastic tubs and i dont know what to do with it
it still needs a finish trim but im just about over it (of course i will keep the best tops but the rest will be turned into something else)
we will probably make hash with most of it and i will give whats left to the mrs so she can make edibles
hope you are enjoying a short week and ready for the holiday!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Wow, what a game that was between the chiefs and rams. 54-51 rams win, first time in nfl history that a team scored 50 or more pts and LOST. 14 total TD's, including 3 defensive td's. Just wow, it was riveting from start to finish.

Somewhat surprised that Mahomes had 5 turnovers (3 ints, 2 fumbles), he seemed so careful with the ball before. Although i did hear that in training camp he threw a bunch of int's, but i chalked that up to trying out new things, see if they work.
Still, he had 478 yards passing and 6 tds, even with the turnovers he got me 50 fantasy pts in one league, i think i damn near set a season high for all teams in that league, even though im still out of a playoff spot (have to either win out or hope the 2 teams in front of me keep losing).

I'd really like to see a rematch of these teams in the superbowl, that would be FUN. Although the rams would have to get past the saints, and the chiefs past the patriots and/or steelers).

Bears also host the rams on sunday night football on Dec 9 (i think), that should be real fun, i'd like to know how the bears D would match up against that rams O. I'm thinking even with a fully healthy defense the bears would struggle to hold them under 30, but nice thing is that the bears offense can put up some points themselves, could still be a competitive game.

Yeah Pop, that chargers loss to the broncos was somewhat surprising, but chargers lost their best linebacker and also corey liguet, even though bosa ended up playing their run D still suffered. And ur right, rivers throwing the ball into the dirt instead of taking a sack left too much time on the clock, at that point of the game 40 secs being burned off the clock was more valuable than not taking a 5 yard sack. But y'know, chargers gonna charger, although theyre still in prime wild card position for the playoffs, maybe even division winner over the chiefs if they can beat them in their 2nd match up (they play on thursday night, Dec 13th).

What's a perfect steak for you, medium rare? Must be nice to live in socal, once the temp hits 40 or below i have little desire to go outside and cook.
Must be nice to have more mj than u know what to do with, but i have hope that IL will go recreational someday soon. Michigan just passed their rec mj law, and theyre broke as fuck (F* Dean spanos) if IL sees theyre making money with weed i have a feeling theyll follow...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Rams/Chiefs game was electrifying eh? I felt almost scared the whole time. Wanted the Rams to win so I did have some stake in it living here in socal.

Have to wonder how those two teams can do seeing that you can score at will on them. Secondary looks weak on both. Gurley was not a factor in the game which surprised me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a shoot out! this had to have been the best game of the season so far
i had a feeling it would be a great game but i wasnt expecting the fireworks we saw from both teams
yeah yesum, it was all about the passing game and both qbs played extremely well
goff put up solid numbers as did mahomes, but you know the stats
/over 800y passing with 10td between them
while both qbs put up stellar numbers, there were times that you could see that they were still both young and just whipping the ball down field
/i even made a joke to a friend that the next play would be a long pass
"im throwing em' deep" -said both qbs
if not for the turnovers by mahomes this could have easily went the other way
it came down to the rams defense and the outstanding play of samson ebukam
/i was going to say that mack and the chi D were the most beastly unit this weekend, but the rams stepped up big time
hopefully they will be able to take things up another notch, especially in the playoffs

i like my steaks more on the med side, just a little pink in the middle and would rather it be a little more done than red in the center
its nice being able to grill year round but this isnt the socal i grew up in
things are so different and the price of evrything is through the roof
sometimes we take about moving away, especially once the kids are out of school
/out youngest is a senior in high school
it is nice not having to worry about smoke and i am blessed to have so much smoke, hash, edibles
its something i really enjoy and i like keeping a variety on hand
man, i wish i could pass a joint or two your way brother and i hope one day its legal across the board
/not just on a state level but a national level

hope your week is wrapping up nicely and you are ready for the holiday weekend!

eta:f-spanos!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i think gurley's issue was his ankle got tweaked on tackle early on (first quarter i think a chiefs defender grabbed him from behind around the waist and dragged him down, but in doing also landed on gurley's feet and ankles as gurley fell out of bounds) and after that he wasnt quite right, although with the bye to heal up he should be fine going forward. But yeah, definitely weird he had so little impact on a game where his team scores 50+.

Normally such unstoppable offenses offends my old school sensibilities, but given that there were multiple big time defensive plays in the game (3 Def td's, a bunch of turnovers as well) it was nice to see that that side of the ball wasnt completely helpless, even though the refs called like 7 penalties on the chiefs D in the first 7 minutes.

And ur right Pop, that ekuban guy going off for two TD's, when he'd never had an interception or fumble recovery in his career before this game, was surprising and huge for the rams.

Dont worry too much about me brother, ive still got a rainy day stash for when i feel the need to indulge, but right now im living life sober (well, mostly, except for a bit of alcohol, but that doesnt count, right? :biggrin:) and enjoying it for the most part. I guess. Maybe. Shee-it, im not sure. Lol.

Anyway F-Spanos...

Would you ever consider moving to Mexico, Pop? I think jesse venture (former pro wrestler and governor of Minnesota) moved there after retiring from politics, has a place up in the mountains somewhere, lives off the grid (on solar panels), no one bothers him. Not sure if he's into mj but wouldnt be surprised if he maintains a plot. I just figure youre so close to the border there, it wouldnt be so far from family and friends.

Bears-Lions kicks off the holiday games tomorrow. Bears are coming off sunday night football, so less than 4 full days recovery time for them, also they probably won't have trubisky, who got injured late in the vikings win on a penalized hit by their safety, harrison.

But the lions will be without two of their main weapons in kerryon johnson and marvin jones jr, so the bears D might still be able to pull this out, even if chase daniel doesnt do much...

shithawk420

Veteran
Too bad I was too tired and drunk to remember but we won.First time in a while but the Bears are going to the play offs.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, chase daniel wasnt great but he did enough to help the bears win, although we needed a defensive TD again for the go-ahead score. Dang, i wish i had traded for the bears D in my fantasy league...
Bears are 3 games up in the division but we'll see what happens between the vikings and packers sunday night.

Hope ya'll had a great turkey day and stuffed yourselves silly. I didnt drink or smoke at all but i did overdose on pecan pie if that counts. Sugar is a drug, right? :biggrin:

Football games were all right i guess, but nothing compared to MNF rams-chiefs. Glad to see the bears get a win early on, then the cowboys waxed the redskins behind a big day from amari cooper (boys are first place in nfc east, maybe jason garrett wont get fired?, not sure how cowboys fans feel about that) and saints beat the falcons handily but didnt exactly dominate them, but that's division games for you.

shithawk420

Veteran
All i had was a fucking turkey sandwich with deli meat.you had Fucking PECAN PIE!? Lucky bastard! Lol I know I shouldn't say this but I hope the Packers beat the vikings.i think they will too.on the flip side I think they will hurt Rodgers

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah crap, sorry to hear your thanksgiving sucked, Hawk. But at least you got drunk. That's something, right? :biggrin:
Tell you the truth, i hadnt really bothered to celebrate the winter holidays with traditional food the last few years, but decided to do it up this year for some reason. Turned out all right, and wasnt as much work as i thought it would be. But the sucky thing is that ill be eating leftovers till christmas, when i have the pleasure to do it all over again...:comfort:

It would certainly help the bears if the packers beat the vikes tomorrow night, the pack and vikes would both have 5 wins if that happens and the bears would be 3 games ahead with 5 games left to play. So, not often a bears fan wants the pack to win, but in this situation it would be appropriate.

Im sure the vikings will rough up rodgers a bit, but rodgers seems as healthy as he has been all season, i think he's not even wearing that knee brace he wore after he hurt his knee in week 1 vs the bears. But the vikings are top 5 in sacks and pressure, i think, so theyll hit aaron a few times for sure.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellow turkeys
looks like we all made it through another thanksgiving
we hosted mrsChickys family this year and had blast eating good food and watch a fun day of football
/at least i was into the games and i ended up smoking em right on the couch
the saints/atl game was fun and the c'boys v washington was ok football (of course the non football people had to point out how it was cowboys vs indians on thankgiving... can i get ya another drink*)
but the game of the day was da'beahrs
when i heard trub wasnt going to be starting i had that feeling in the pit of my stomach...i could not have told you who their back up qb was
but it was the chicago defense that put the game away
im excited about the nfc playoff pic because we are looking at the top teams coming in really good defenses
the weakest unit in that catragory would be No, bit the have old man drew under center

only a sandwich with deli meat on thanksgiving, eh hawk?
next time treat yourself to a bag of chips too brother
its not always the food that makes it special and i hope you were at least medium drunk on this day of thanks

cant wait for this weekends games
so who do you think are the top teams in each division?

*glad you dident indulge baba', cause i had enough for both of us brother; cause you know poprocks gon'drank

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, the whole 'redskins' name has been a source of controversy for washington for a while now. Maybe they'll change it in the future. But cowboys and indians, doesnt get more iconic than that...

Glad you enjoyed the bears game, i was cooking during most of it but caught all the big plays, including the go ahead touchdown by the bears safety, eddie jackson. Do you know he's got as many touchdowns the last 2 years as Julio Jones, one of the best receivers in the league? Crazy...

For best teams in each division, i'd have to go bears in the north, saints in the south, rams in the west. For the AFC, chiefs in the west, patriots in the east, and texans in the south (but the colts are pretty close, only watt and clowney take that defense to another notch that colts cant touch, yet, but the colts offense is probably better than houston's).

Thanks for indulging, i feel like im living vicariously through you Pop. Keep on smoking and drinking and eating, and i'll try to keep up, or make it up when i get the chance!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
more than happy to do my part baba'. im pretty sure i smoke enough for two anyway
the thanksgiving games were fun and the playoff picture is starting to come together
the packers could help you out with a won over min, but it looks like the bears are pulling away with that division
now its up to them to hold on to their lead and go into the playoffs strong
the thing i liked most about thursdays win was they were able to get the W without trubinski starting; it seems the best teams can win with their offense or defense and it was the bears defense that led the way on thanksgiving
looks like i will get to see the pats play the jets early and then the chargers v arizona or pitt v denver in the afternoon
im taking monday off so i will be going strong when the vikings play the packers

leftovers can be part of the fun baba
we are still eating the turkey and stuff like we did on thanksgiving but tomorrow im going to take some of the leftover turkey meat and chop up some veggies and make the pot pies
if i had more mashed potatoes i would also make some mashed potato balls with the stuffing, but those went really fast
we had some pecan pie too and it went really fast
the other one that went the fastest was the lemon meringue pie, i totally went for the clean sour taste after eating all the gravy and stuff like that

enjoy the games and the leftovers!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it's nice to see the bears with a good defense again, khalil mack really took them to another level, as you said. The only downside to that is that if he's hurt the D isnt nearly as effective, but the nice thing is that the offense is actually pretty decent now so they can still beat teams (but maybe not good teams) even without mack at 100%.

Thats the nice thing about cannabis, is that the more you smoke the more tolerance you have. Im sure if i ever start up again ill have zero tolerance and will get high off just a puff or two. Looking forward to it, maybe that'll be my christmas present to myself...:biggrin:

I love holiday leftovers, generally, but i think i went too big on the baked mac and cheese, i literally made like 5lbs of it and have 10 ziploc bags of mac and cheese. I'll give some away to family members tho, and dogs like mac and cheese too, so none will go to waste. :)

The only pie we had was pecan, a big one from sams club, still eating a slice a day as a matter of fact. Sometimes i feel like im the only one who likes sweets in this family. Sacrilege, i know.

How did the turkey pot pies work out? Do you make your own crust? Ive made pie crust before, it's not that hard, just butter and flour and kneading and rolling it out, although half the time it seemed i never had a rolling pin and had to make do with a wine bottle or something. :comfort:

Well, vikings beat the packers, as expected. Rodgers didnt have a great game, missed a late TD throw that would have brought them within 3, had to settle for a field goal to close it to within 7. He missed a late 3rd and 2 throw in the hawks game before that. Speculation is that he's deliberately missing some throws to lose games so he gets a new coach, because supposedly there's friction between him and mccarthy.

I didnt watch too much of the titans-texans game last night but texans won handily even though mariota played well for the titans. Lamar miller ran all over that titans defense, who came in as one of the best defenses against running backs. Im excited to see the colts texans matchup in 2 weeks (bears host the rams that sunday night as well) even though i dont think the colts can catch the texans in the division, should still be a good game.

MrBungle

Rodgers isn't deliberately missing passes.. maybe he isn't putting his best stuff on the field, but he's a gamer, he ain't just rolling over for a new coach....

The Highlight of the weekend was when Demarius Randall picked off Andy Dalton and handed the ball to Hue Jackson after the play...... ::fist pump::

OH and The Buckeyes laid the paddle to that weak ass team up North... Queue up the fighting song!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTljMX7FW4

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it's not like any pro athlete, especially a great one, to start bagging games. Maybe rodgers is just going through a funk; he's been sort of up and down since 2015, he had a 16 game stretch a couple years ago where his stats and play were very subpar for him. Maybe he's going through something similar.

Browns have won 2 in a row after firing Hue, mayfield is playing very well, and they still have an outside chance at the playoffs if they keep winning. Not bad, not bad at all...

I'm no fan of michigan but i was surprised they gave up 62 to ohio state. I guess after the buckeyes plaster northwestern in the B10 championship they should be in line for an invite to the playoffs?