What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newsflash: Corporate MMJ market hand-off in California in full effect

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Yeah yeah yeah... That "all cannabis use is medical" idea is bull shit!!!

If thats the case then all opiate use is medical as well, along with alcohol, tobacco, meth or anything else a person want to insert, in some way, into their bodies

And why ya yelling about the tax issue?
Show me a tobacco farmer that doesn't get taxed? Your lying to yourself & every time you say that your lying to everybody else!

I could be mistaken about the Tobacco tax thing, Im double checking right now but I'm almost certain Tobacco farmers pay no tax when unloading their crop, they pay income tax and plenty of sales tax equiping their farm but no tax on their actual product, IIRC, might be wrong I'm trying to find where the fuck I read it right now.

Where you are wrong, and fully full of fucking toxoplasma gondii infected cat shit up to your ears, is comparing Cannabis to alcohol/opiates/meth. YOU CANT FUCKING BECOME PHYSICALLY DEPENDENT ON OR FUCKING DEAD FROM CANNABIS SO LETS JUST DROP THAT COMPARISON RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!! You might not agree that ALL CANNABIS USE IS MEDICINAL but you can't fucking prove it wrong even for a split second!! We've been operating in California under this system for 20 years and even if 99% of the people involved in the industry don't recognize it or care ITS STILL FUCKING TRUE. Show me one god damn person on this earth who doesn't use their herb to get to sleep or to raise their mood or any number of reasons AND ILL SHOW YOU A FUCKING FLYING PIG YOU MORONIC FUCK!!

For the record I was ADDICTED TO BENZODIAZEPINE MEDICATIONS DOCTORS PRESCRIBED ME AT AGE 16 AND SPENT A YEAR ADDICTED TO THEM BEFORE GETTING MY RECOMMENDATION AND MEDICATING MYSELF WITH CANNABIS!!! I WAS AND AM ABLE TO LIVE WITH NO SYNTHETIC PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS IN MY SYSTEM BECAUSE OF CANNABIS AND BECAUSE OF GROWING MY OWN AND BECAUSE OF MY BROTHER FARMERS WHO HELP ME WHEN I AM IN NEED, AB266 DESTROYS THIS CULTURE OF SELF MEDICATION

SocalNugz

What we really need is a growers union and our own well funded lobyists....
Gotta play the real game to win.... cant be playin monopoly rules tryin to win a game of chess.
We make plenty of money if we started flexing our money muscles like the douchbags who dont want this to go thru we would shut em down.
Think about the numbers of patients and the amount of cash we make....
If this passes its our own fault for fallin asleep at the wheel an watching it happen lord knows if growers united we would have plenty of resources to bring to bear to fight for our rights.
Our enemies dont rest neither should we.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
a lot of doctors wont prescribe mj here in sd ...... but the back 5 pages of the sd reader list a lot who do..... and for many reasons not even listed in the original prop 215 wording..which is fine with me as theres lots of medicinal benefits for peeps...i was in on the beginning of med mj here in sd and watched what happened to shelter from the storm ,,,,as it was right down the street from me and I met and talked to steve m a lot......yeehaw..... I am ok with things the way they are...some greedy fucks want to find a way to screw us and make lots of cash..to them I say fuck you and if your facility suddenly explodes ,,,,gets mites,,,,catches on fire then that's KARMA mutherfuckers.....if the greedy bastards win the black market prices will rise a bit most likely.''''.i say if it happens we form a strike force and pollinate all their crops...don't even have to enter facility ..a drill bit and some way to blow in pollen..maybe compress co2 like a seltza bottle?? dry powder fire extinguisher??? ha ha.....a few peeps with the right gear and knowledge could raise hell without any problem...no violence needed....either way I will do what I want as far a my medicine is concerned,,, always did always will..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picarus

I am all for freedom and small gov't, but we should all be aware that political headwinds are blowing. More rules, more regulation, and more taxation. If you are willing to fight and stand up for your personal freedoms, well thats all we can do. Go to local meetings and show them not all growers/advocators are to be feared or shunned. Be active in the community, and give back when you can. They already think we are gunblazing gangsters, lets kill them with kindness.
On the other hand, a bit of regulation and oversight may be in order. I'm already registered with the BOE, state, and city. Honestly it helps me sleep at night.

I can't believe it when I watch youtube videos of grows, or bho extraction and I hear the tv in the other room blasting cartoons and the sound of kids. There are a lot of shit bags out there putting themselves, kids, and neighbors in situations that should be regulated to designated areas.

MJPASSION: Lost respect for you in this discussion. You are missing the root of the issue. Oceangrown held it together and even tried to respectfully clarify your misunderstanding after your initial comments. No agency should have the right to determine what you put into your body. No matter the reason. Abuse of pharmaceuticals is far and away more dangerous and accessible than cannabis. When prohibition was law doctors prescribed whiskey as a cure-all medicine available by prescription. None of this is new.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I could be mistaken about the Tobacco tax thing, Im double checking right now but I'm almost certain Tobacco farmers pay no tax when unloading their crop, they pay income tax and plenty of sales tax equiping their farm but no tax on their actual product, IIRC, might be wrong I'm trying to find where the fuck I read it right now.

Where you are wrong, and fully full of fucking toxoplasma gondii infected cat shit up to your ears, is comparing Cannabis to alcohol/opiates/meth. YOU CANT FUCKING BECOME PHYSICALLY DEPENDENT ON OR FUCKING DEAD FROM CANNABIS SO LETS JUST DROP THAT COMPARISON RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!! You might not agree that ALL CANNABIS USE IS MEDICINAL but you can't fucking prove it wrong even for a split second!! We've been operating in California under this system for 20 years and even if 99% of the people involved in the industry don't recognize it or care ITS STILL FUCKING TRUE. Show me one god damn person on this earth who doesn't use their herb to get to sleep or to raise their mood or any number of reasons AND ILL SHOW YOU A FUCKING FLYING PIG YOU MORONIC FUCK!!

For the record I was ADDICTED TO BENZODIAZEPINE MEDICATIONS DOCTORS PRESCRIBED ME AT AGE 16 AND SPENT A YEAR ADDICTED TO THEM BEFORE GETTING MY RECOMMENDATION AND MEDICATING MYSELF WITH CANNABIS!!! I WAS AND AM ABLE TO LIVE WITH NO SYNTHETIC PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS IN MY SYSTEM BECAUSE OF CANNABIS AND BECAUSE OF GROWING MY OWN AND BECAUSE OF MY BROTHER FARMERS WHO HELP ME WHEN I AM IN NEED, AB266 DESTROYS THIS CULTURE OF SELF MEDICATION

I smoke because I really really like to. Ok... I honestly have no other reason to use cannabis what so ever!
While it does help me get some shut eye at night, if I were to quit smoking right now, I would only be sleepless for the first couple nights then after that would sleep like a baby most nights. I haven't taken a break from smoking for somewhere around 15 years.

No, I personally have no medical reason for smoking cannabis.
I guess, at this point, it has replaced my cigarette smoking habit, which I quit cold turkey after smoking cigs for about 6-7 years. I still like the smell of a freshly lit Marlboro but after that... Blahhh!

I don't understand all the egotistical, irrational yelling!

Anybody that's been paying attention to the way the legal system is shaping itself, yes... Shaping itself*, could see the corporate take over coming years ago. It was set up from the very beginning for this to happen.

*shaping itself? You may ask...
Exactly... The corporate system has been getting itself setup for this take over in California for at least 20 years!
Who has been writing the bills to be voted on?
Corporations!
Who has the deep pockets that sway political decisions?
Corporations!

California just wanted easy access... They didn't care how! This is still the case today!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Guess I don't understand your comment shcrews.

I caught a brief lil something about a possible legalization bill... Nothing concrete however.
to address your first point that i quoted, most people in CA dont need to be "lying to their doctors". You see, there are so many legitimate medical uses , both physical and mental, that a recommendation can be given for almost any reason given, including stress, insomnia, pain, depression, you name it....

why do some people think you have to be dying of cancer to have a legitimate medical reason to use cannabis. THat is one of the big problems with the bill being discussed in this thread, it puts extreme limitations on doctors

Also...

CCHI 2016 , my friend

educate yourself

Kozmo

Veteran
I like how when someone can make a buck the seed is considered a plant but a baby in the womb is major contraversy wether its a living person or not.

O

Oakhills

a lot of doctors wont prescribe mj here in sd ...... !

Nor will doctors in most places except the MMJ doctors. I asked two oncologists to write a script for a elderly man with stage 4 cancer..... They said it is not their thing and recommended to visit one of the MMJ doctors to get a script.

The medical industry in general is against cannabis in general because there is too much money at stake with big pharma. Corporations can't have a medicine that people can grow in their backyard, and most physicians are on the payroll of big pharma.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Shcrews.

I only made the comment because I know a lot of people willing to lie to get their card. Even a few in Cali.

As far as restricting patients with legislation... That, imho, is a violation of a doctors hipocratic oath and a violation of the Doc/Patient privacy relationship.

On that note,
Constitutional amendments are the only real protections citizens have from government intervention.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I smoke because I really really like to. Ok... I honestly have no other reason to use cannabis what so ever!
While it does help me get some shut eye at night, if I were to quit smoking right now, I would only be sleepless for the first couple nights then after that would sleep like a baby most nights. I haven't taken a break from smoking for somewhere around 15 years.

Like I said, consciously or not your health benefits your Cannabis use. Period. If you stopped smoking today you'd be astonished at all the new stressors apparent and a part of everyday life to people who consume no Cannabis and guess what son? Stress is a contributing factor to countless degenerative illness.

No, I personally have no medical reason for smoking cannabis.
I guess, at this point, it has replaced my cigarette smoking habit, which I quit cold turkey after smoking cigs for about 6-7 years. I still like the smell of a freshly lit Marlboro but after that... Blahhh!

I don't understand all the egotistical, irrational yelling!

Try passionate, infuriated, filled with animosity. I could give a fuck about myself son, hang me off a bridge by my thumbs on fishhooks with clap soaked gauze wrapped around my eyes for all I care, hell make it a standing ovation level clap, just keep your fucking dirty slave driving pig fingers off my peoples meds.

Anybody that's been paying attention to the way the legal system is shaping itself, yes... Shaping itself*, could see the corporate take over coming years ago. It was set up from the very beginning for this to happen.

*shaping itself? You may ask...
Exactly... The corporate system has been getting itself setup for this take over in California for at least 20 years!
Who has been writing the bills to be voted on?
Corporations!

In California? Since when, SB420? The supreme courts threw out that bill. Read up son. Prop 215 / CUA was passed by GRASSROOTS CALIFORNIANS SON.

Who has the deep pockets that sway political decisions?
Corporations!

California just wanted easy access... They didn't care how! This is still the case today!

FUCK YOURSELF MJPASSION, CHANGE YOUR NAME TO "MJLOVESGETTINGBUTTFUCKEDBYTHELAW"

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I thought I read July 17 somewhere for full compliance/enforcement

I'm OUT! asap!...

it literally puts the voters in a complete stalemate; people involved with this industry will have no choice but to vote yes on legalization, even if it is a terribly drafted bill that heavily favors the elite/super-wealthy. CCHI still needs signatures at this point to even make it onto the ballot; which will probably have more than a couple different legalization bills all with different texts for a larger percentage of the less-informed on cannabis public to sift through, the bill that provides the most $ to the state will ultimately be the one that gets the most support(but they're essentailly betting on the fact that by dividing each voters opinion on each bill the common voter is likely to pick their favorite of what's available and vote no on the rest, which ultimately may end up leaving all of the bills short of passing....then DOOM).... so essentially divide and conquer-

all the while ab266 and the dismantling of prop 215 will essentially turn a fairly large percentage of the state into "criminals" with no possibility of a medical use defense in court. people that have been making an honest living in this industry following the laws to a T, now these people have no way to provide for themselve, jobs are not easy to find in CA, especially if you have a 10 year lapse of employment on your resume...the state of CA makes A FUCK LOAD of money on the industrial prison complex and the revolving door that is called probation violations where even the smallest contact with law enforcement is enough for the state to cash another check....they will make their money either from incarcerating what I'd say is probably close to 1-2% of the states total population or by taxing the 30% to maybe 60% of the people that are currently part of the medical community including the regular ol 8th a week patients...either way the are getting paid.

prop 19 failed because a vast majority of folks that are already in the california cannabis industry are fine with how things are right now and didn't see a possibility of things going backwards(AB266) so they voted NO; ab266 effectively forces those same people to support corporate takeover of the industry.

S

StanKDanK

if we all help support CCHI in 2016 it will make AB266 dissapear !!
CALI RESIDENTS will be ALLOWED to grow 99 plants and not be bothered by police

www.cchi2016.org

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
THC is a neuroprotectant so if you've got even a tiny brain it's giving you a medicinal benefit.

plus humans have an endocannabinoid system for their entire lives, but the only place outside of cannabis to get cannabinoids is breast milk.

so unless you've got a very openminded donor or are currently lactating yourself, i think cannabis is a good way to get cannabinoids into the system.

and putting cannabinoids into your endocannabinoid system is good for your health.

so, medically beneficial to every human body IMO.

mingmen

GRI_Kief.jpg

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Every policy passed today simply promotes more extreme authoritarianism. Very disappointing. But I know it happened in Washington already.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Yeah yeah yeah... That "all cannabis use is medical" idea is bull shit!!!

If thats the case then all opiate use is medical as well, along with alcohol, tobacco, meth or anything else a person want to insert, in some way, into their bodies

And why ya yelling about the tax issue?
Show me a tobacco farmer that doesn't get taxed? Your lying to yourself & every time you say that your lying to everybody else!

I believe it was the Iroquois who said that anything that makes you feel good can be called medicine. There is pretty good support for this position if you think it through.

Anyway, not all use would be medical. There comes a point where things no longer make you feel good. That would be when you're overdoing it. If you're getting nasty hangovers, that's not particularly healthy. If you have a drink to ease some stress at the end of the night though there is a lot of evidence it can lengthen your life.

This idea of course ignores a lot of other more classic medical thought and research indicating that basically everyone could benefit from some external intake of cannabinoids. Chances are you will live longer if you consume cannabis. A lot of research supports it.

Anyway I'm not real sure why you're arguing about whether it's medicine or not. Totally pointless divisive argument.

I agree, this has been setup to centralize control. Almost every single policy that exists today from every single government goes in this direction. And that's not hyperbole.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
The people who just want to be left alone to live their lives and raise their kids to enjoy the most of their lives aren't interested in running for political office. It is the money hungry power seekers and repressive authoritarian types who who seek office because they feel the world needs their insight to control the population. And so we're left with sociopaths and control freaks to direct our society. It sucks, but that's the way it is. For sure this is a power grab, by law enforcement to get back the right to kick in more doors to obtain victims to feed the machine, and by the authoritarian control freaks who don't like getting high (the glimpses of insight scare them). Just like Washington State, they want to gut the freedom of individuals to grow their own. Cannabis is the new money bonanza and they want to set it up so that everyone who uses has to buy from Canna-Incorporated. Most of the Cali canna initiatives trying to qualify for the ballot are quite restrictive of personal grows. The plant count numbers are way too low to do adequate pheno searches, let alone try selective breeding to create cultivars which work for that individual's needs. The age of goodwill and compassion is being shoved aside in the money rush. It was a BIG mistake to use taxation as bait to entice voters to support legalization. It should have been an issue of fairness and eliminating an injustice in a society that embraces alcohol and tobacco use. Keep repeating that it's safer than alcohol.

And stop saying that smoking pot makes you a safer driver. The voting public simply won't ever buy that line.

CCHI 2016 really is the only hope, but the power players are strong, and I'm afraid too many voters will be afraid of the freedoms the initiative would allow. Maybe if the successes of Colorado can be publicized, then people can see that this won't be the end of the world. People need to realize that the authoritarians want to use this to turn their grandkids into fodder for the machine to keep Incarceration Incorporated floating in cash. It wasn't the growers who voted down Prop 19. We live in a small world here and don't recognize that we are a tiny portion of the voting public, with only marginal effect. Prop 19 was voted down by the seniors and baby boomer parents. People need to realize that it will be their grandchildren who will have their lives destroyed (not saved) by law enforcement if these restrictive measures are allowed to pass.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I think letting non violent Cannabis offenders out of jail will be a huge selling point.. Put the mothers of people who will be set free if it passes up on the ads..

Latest posts

Latest posts