What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newsflash: Corporate MMJ market hand-off in California in full effect

oceangrownkush

Veteran
so what does this mean to those of us that have corporations?

New taxes, shrinking customer base as current recommendation holding patients expire and do not qualify for new med rules, if you're unlucky your county can ban your activities entirely and has a newly funded office of MMJ to help them regulate you.

N

NonDa

That is almost a sad as prohibition it self. I am still optimistic for Oregon wanting to preserve a craft marijana industry, but yeah they want shut down OMMP here.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
We need to demand to be treated as agricultural producers like Tobacco farmers. We don't tax farmers in America.. Much less medicine farmers!! Then again none of this looks very American..

this this this!

i've been following along on IG.

ab266 is pure evil fuckery.

cchi2016 seems like a great solution.

O

Oakhills

What I'd like to see in the draft would be a subsidy for the farmers!

MountZionCollec

Just so everyone knows. The emerald growers association, who claims to represent you the "small farmer" was very instrumental it giving this bill feet back in the spring and still 100% supports it today telling congressional officials small cannabis farmers support it.

Ab266 along with another bill (not ab243 the other I forget) got totally gutted of the original language. I had been following this since the spring but since the governor got involved no one really seems to know what's going on....I believe they only have a day or a week, not sure, to pass it and if they don't it will be shelved until next year.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
We need to demand to be treated as agricultural producers like Tobacco farmers. We don't tax farmers in America.. Much less medicine farmers!! Then again none of this looks very American..
tobacco farmers get heavily taxed...I was once gonna grow 5 acres till I talked to the local aggie guy...fuck em..yeehaw..your missing the point weed will replace the revenue slowly dwindling from tobacco and then surpass it by far ...we are the new cash cow ...well buying smokers are cause they wont see much of my cash,,, I sample now an then

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
We will always be one asshole president, congress and senate away from losing any gains we make.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why does it seem as if those people that have to lie to their doctor to get a card are bitching the loudest & the most?

Maybe it is time for change in Cali...

Get a legalization initiative started in order to change the states Constitution.
All else is playing with gasoline in a fire.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
nobody has to lie to a doctor they prescribe it for just about anything if you go to the right place...yeehaw...I have never heard of anyone with half a brain being refused a med rec..just have to have the cash$$$ 25$ and up.depending on what you want growers exemption or id card with picture and 24/7 verification..thats like 80$ or so...its gotten cheaper looking in the local san diego reader magazine...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
regardless if people are lying to be legal; the way ab266 monitors doctors that do recommend cannabis is completely unjust...they're trying to scare doctors into not reccomending cannabis to patients in fear that they will be audited. doctors go to school for a very long time to be able to have the powers/responsibilities that their career carries, if a licensed doctor only wants to recommend cannabis to people that "may" benefit from it, that's their prerogative, and if that the type of practice that they want to operate than it should be their choice...almost every doctor I've talked to has said that they're involved with this industry because not only have they seen it work, but billing is much easier with stoners than insurance companies.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Why does it seem as if those people that have to lie to their doctor to get a card are bitching the loudest & the most?

Get a legalization initiative started in order to change the states Constitution.
You must not be paying attention..

oceangrownkush

Veteran

Hey Mj Passion let me educate you real quick about California, you see the way prop 215 is set up anyone who would BENEFIT from Cannabis use, where that BENEFIT would outweigh the RISKS involved in using Cannabis, you are then legally considered a medical cannabis patient. Why is that? That's because Dennis Peron (and myself) believe that ALL CANNABIS USE IS MEDICINAL!!!!! Ask any old stoner why they smoke weed and I guarantee you they list a reason that also has a counterpart pill that a dr could prescribe. Cannabis is medicinal no matter which way you slice it.

WE DONT TAX TOBACCO FARMERS OR BIG CORPORATIONS WHEN THEY SUPPLY US OXYCODONE WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE TAX MEDICINAL CANNABIS FARMERS?? WHICH AMERICA DO YOU LIVE IN?

EDIT: I was wrong about the Tobacco thing, still fuck you.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey trout...

If a dumb ass that doesn't get migranes goes to the doc & says they get migranes... So they can get a card... That's lying to their doctor...

Far as doctors protecting their jobs...
Completely understandable...

I am of the opinion that licensing patients is the wrong way to go about this issue anyway.

Doctors already have to have a license to practice medicine & they all have to take the hipocratic oath to get it.

Why is this not good enough?
The entire med cannabis system, world wide, is nothing more than a sham used to line the pockets of a few people while attempting to control the remainder. Its a scheme to relinquish personal control and put it in the hands of a very few.

Why do the powers need your name on a list?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah yeah yeah... That "all cannabis use is medical" idea is bull shit!!!

If thats the case then all opiate use is medical as well, along with alcohol, tobacco, meth or anything else a person want to insert, in some way, into their bodies

And why ya yelling about the tax issue?
Show me a tobacco farmer that doesn't get taxed? Your lying to yourself & every time you say that your lying to everybody else!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess I don't understand your comment shcrews.

I caught a brief lil something about a possible legalization bill... Nothing concrete however.

If the State Constitution is not being ratified then anything else is just playing with fire since politicians can do whatever they please with regulations & statutes.

O

Oakhills

I noticed the Nurse Practioners are doing to exams and issuing cards, not doctors. This was the case when I took my father in-law in to a very reputable place in Fresno, so he could legally use cannabis oil in order to hopefully cure his stage 4 cancer.

I realized the only Doctor needed was to own the business and Nurse Practioners can do the rest (write prescriptions).

snake11

Hey trout...

If a dumb ass that doesn't get migranes goes to the doc & says they get migranes... So they can get a card... That's lying to their doctor...

Far as doctors protecting their jobs...
Completely understandable...

I am of the opinion that licensing patients is the wrong way to go about this issue anyway.

Doctors already have to have a license to practice medicine & they all have to take the hipocratic oath to get it.

Why is this not good enough?
The entire med cannabis system, world wide, is nothing more than a sham used to line the pockets of a few people while attempting to control the remainder. Its a scheme to relinquish personal control and put it in the hands of a very few.

Why do the powers need your name on a list?

It is sad to see how little you know about the medical system or medical patients. Sham?!?!? Really?!?!?