What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Year, New Ace Plants: New Golden Tiger, Haze x Hond., Pan Haze, Skunk Haze x GT

Kaskadian

Veteran
Gt is that powerhouse daze effect, off in sativa dreamland ha ha. Smell is still a spice & orange when ground. Very nice, still needs a long cure to round out the effects. But it's strong herb, very happy to have kept a cut.

The green haze Honduras has just finished/is finishing the drying process. Smells kinda went rotten fruit with strong lemon peel. It should change up a bit during the cure.

The terp winners of this grow were the Panama haze (lemon, wood, bacon incense) and one of the gt x skhz (fruit gummy bears).

However, nothing has dethroned Panama x Malawi yet in terms of effect. I have found a few plants that are stronger in terms of ... fortitude of the effect, but nothing close in the well rounded feel good, "sunshine on a spring morning" smile inducing (&panty dropping) effect of the panlawi. I'll happily keep looking, though. Many Panama, Honduras, tikal and other beans I've yet to try.

The last GT (chang mai) is a few weeks from finishing. Here is a pick of the green haze Honduras that is sitting in mason jars to cure up.

View Image

Looks lovely bro! Sounds like it's some killer medicine too! I'm looking forward to your post-cure smoke report.

Sticky Sat

Hey Ncali ! :) Thanks for this yummy bud pic and the smoke report ! :)

However, nothing has dethroned Panama x Malawi yet in terms of effect. I have found a few plants that are stronger in terms of ... fortitude of the effect, but nothing close in the well rounded feel good, "sunshine on a spring morning" smile inducing (&panty dropping) effect of the panlawi.

Definitely a kind of high to look for as i fail to find pleasure in being smashed... :)
Glad to have 3 Panlawi seeds waiting ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent news Ncali :)

Thanks for your updates about all the ACE strains you are working with :yes:

Glad you plan to go even deeper with the Golden Tiger selections, with interesting females from the 3 GT versions and a solid male you are in a good position to start to bring the line to your taste.

Through interbreeding the 3 lines it should produce really interesting recombination possibilities, especially combining GT 2nd and 3rd version, for that you can use your best 2nd version GT females and pollinate them with a good and sexually firm male from the 3rd version, this would produce a new regular GT version with 3 Thais.
Another way to accomplish this through feminized breeding would be to reverse your favourite female from GT 2n version and pollinate a nice female from the 3rd version.
Just a bit of brainstorming :D

Very happy to hear the new Green Haze x Honduras finished with satisfying terpene profiles and that the early smoking tests are promising so far. I used P1 generation Honduras males to produce the Green Haze x Honduras so i was a bit worried about the sexual stability of the cross, but i'm glad they have performed without problems, usually Green Haze 19 parental plant produces more sexually firm offspring than other Haze parental plants we have worked with. Looking forward to hear your opinion of this new pure sativa F1 after drying and curing process.

I also love the outcome of the Panama x Malawi F1 limited edition :dance013: outstanding females can easily be found in this feminized hybrid that combines our best Panama and Malawi parental plants from latest generations. I'm curious to know your opinion about how the recently harvested Panama Haze compares after curing with the Panama Malawi in the throne ;)

Another interesting breeding route would be to cross Panama Haze or Panama/Malawi with Green Haze x Honduras, or vice versa. Many interesting sativa phenos would pop from poly hybrids of this kind.

Ncali

Veteran
16 weeks Golden Tiger (Chang Mai x Killer)

16 weeks Golden Tiger (Chang Mai x Killer)

So GT gen 3 is down at week 16. I think she would have liked to continue flowering indefinitely like a haze, continual new pistils. Lemon and light chocolate richness are the terps I'm getting right now. Set to hang/dry today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180514_212357.jpg
    20180514_212357.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180514_212516.jpg
    20180514_212516.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180514_212616.jpg
    20180514_212616.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180514_212044.jpg
    20180514_212044.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180514_191840.jpg
    20180514_191840.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 14

Ncali

Veteran
cont

cont

attachment.php

attachment.php

I really enjoyed this grow. Sativa hybrid grows yield bountiful harvest of such exciting things. Exotic smells, tastes, & effects.

It is late as I'm putting these up. I'll continue with some final thoughts about t his grow, future ace planned grows and future golden tiger gen one stud breeding plans tomorrow.

Very quickly, thank you guys for tagging along. I think I will try a bit harder for more regular flowering picture documentation on the next Ace journal. I think it might be time to look for some interesting very sativa males from exotic terpine lines... if anyone has ideas! I like dubi's GT gen 3 male idea after growing this female. This line has terps for sure. I'm thinking green haze or OT haze would be good, maybe Guatemala or tikal, or perhaps pan x honduras... I'm looking to cross these males to some hash plant type females (Afghan x hpg13 crosses).

I'm rambling, scissor hash oh boy. I'll make a more coherent post tomorrow.

Good vibes & much love for this community.

:tiphat:
NC

Attachments

• 20180514_212255.jpg
    20180514_212255.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180514_212006.jpg
    20180514_212006.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 13

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Good job Ncali,
I just started my Old Timer's Haze x hybrids on 12/12 yesterday, can't wait. I hope I can tame them like you and Kaska.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ncali,

Chocolate thai terps! :yummy: Congrats on the harvest of the new and third Golden Tiger version.
I think you are the first person to harvest this new GT line so i'm really eager to know your opinion about her after drying and curing, and how does she compare with previous 2 GT versions.
Love the reddish foxtailed thai buds you got from this plant, i think she could go a bit longer but guess it's also fine to harvest her now.

Enjoy the well deserved flowers from this cycle, and looking forward to follow your upcoming grows. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us! :)

K

Kind024

Greetings Ncali,
how did the Skunk Haze x GT turn out? Sounds like it would be a good one.

Send a PM if you get a chance, I don't have enough posts to use that function yet...I had a question.

thanks,

Ncali

Veteran
Greetings Ncali,
how did the Skunk Haze x GT turn out? Sounds like it would be a good one.

Send a PM if you get a chance, I don't have enough posts to use that function yet...I had a question.

thanks,

Hey bud! The skunk haze x GT turned out great, had very fruity flavors was probably the strongest positive feedback. Her high was great, more leaning towards the middle of sativa/indica. You can feel some body, but the mind is very uh... high? lol. We are testing the La Nina x GT now, the gt dad adds some stretch to the cross, BUT also flavor and resin, and bud density strangly. She looks nice, pics in next post.

Hi Ncali,

Chocolate thai terps! :yummy: Congrats on the harvest of the new and third Golden Tiger version.
I think you are the first person to harvest this new GT line so i'm really eager to know your opinion about her after drying and curing, and how does she compare with previous 2 GT versions.
Love the reddish foxtailed thai buds you got from this plant, i think she could go a bit longer but guess it's also fine to harvest her now.

Enjoy the well deserved flowers from this cycle, and looking forward to follow your upcoming grows. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us! :)

Dubi my humblest apologies. I feel absolutely rotten for not responding to your post. Your kindness, generosity, and patience are remarkable, again our biggest thanks for the opprotunity to grow the new GT v3.0.

It is very strong dubi. Very. I could, and probably should, have let it grow longer. I think that would have tempered/mellowed the effect some, it is intense. I have trouble convincing folks of the creeper effect, people often smoke too much before the full effects kick in. a recent report from a friend who was given some to sample:

Weird Flavor
Weird bud structure
And Hella creeper
Always smoke too much then half hour later I'm in a unrecognizable death spiral
..in response to flavor
Almost like ...some tobacco... nag champa incense
GT wasn't his favorite, I find the effect is nice when you get there. But it is abrupt in its arrival. The terps have settled out of fruits or chocolate, just interesting Thai; leathers, wood, tobacco, incense. I kept a cut and will be running her to preserve her strength and quality of effect with hopefully more kind delivery. It was a beautiful girl, I like her and the gen 1 GT girls. Gen 2 I have many many beans and I will be looking through them more in the future to find more keepers. I still want to do a gen 1 open pollination to keep that pool around for a while yet.

Again thank you my friend for your work. Hopefully my breeding the gen 1 male is ok, he makes very nice offspring. I hope to find a good pairing with him and breed that progeny to other southeast Asian sativa to keep the power, strength of gt with a little bit more desirable structure of bud. His terps he passes on (fruity like punch, or gummy bears) is fucking fantastic. The skunk haze x gt tastes like red gummy bears, sweet taste in the smoke I swear it. Truly an amazing gift man.

Hats tipped to Dubi and friends for their wonderful work.

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
(MM x ww) x GT ~8weeks

(MM x ww) x GT ~8weeks

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

While to go yet, few weeks at its soonest. Much love to ace fam bam.

:tiphat:NC

Attachments

• IMG_8168.jpg
    IMG_8168.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8174.jpg
    IMG_8174.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8166.jpg
    IMG_8166.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
ace always in the runs

ace always in the runs

Panama fem getting ready to jump into a tester/seed run

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20181124_211950.jpg
    20181124_211950.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 11

Buddler

Veteran
Ncali how goes it ? good too see some fresh pans on the go round here .Are you going to take clones or just run the seed plants..B

Ncali

Veteran
Ncali how goes it ? good too see some fresh pans on the go round here .Are you going to take clones or just run the seed plants..B

It's going well, buddler. I hope you and yours are well also.

I will save a cutting of the seed plants, and flower the seed plants. With any luck there will a f13 male from original seed stock present and dusting the panama, g13haze, Golden Tiger v3.0, f13 and f13tb. The extra vigor from seed moms should make nice healthy beans. Should make for some fun future seed material.

How goes your flower room? Hope it is shining and growing beautiful flowers for you and yours.

Buddler

Veteran
It's going well, buddler. I hope you and yours are well also.

I will save a cutting of the seed plants, and flower the seed plants. With any luck there will a f13 male from original seed stock present and dusting the panama, g13haze, Golden Tiger v3.0, f13 and f13tb. The extra vigor from seed moms should make nice healthy beans. Should make for some fun future seed material.

How goes your flower room? Hope it is shining and growing beautiful flowers for you and yours.
Those should be some nice beans Nc. i have Four a5 ms in three weeks of flower getting thru the stretch the nev mal is almost hitting the roof hopefully shes done.I Am trying to get some shots its hard in these tents.
Keep those updates coming enjoy your grows.:tiphat:

Ncali

Veteran
Those should be some nice beans Nc. i have Four a5 ms in three weeks of flower getting thru the stretch the nev mal is almost hitting the roof hopefully shes done.I Am trying to get some shots its hard in these tents.
Keep those updates coming enjoy your grows.:tiphat:

I really have enjoyed watching others grow those testers. I know you will make them shine, I look forward to seeing them! Besides the crazy stretch, what else has been notable of them this early? Those terps from the Dutch haze cuts should be special. Malawian weight add a really heavy punch, idk haven't grown or smoked yet! I was suprised (and not) of the choice to cross a5/nev to malawi... what about a central American like honduras or Panama princess... it could be fun.

I dont know what the details are with releasing those a5 & nev crosses ... I dont like hoarding and that part of cannabis scene. I understand this is part of the scene, though. If and when they ever become commercially available, I'd like to purchase some. I get a funny feeling around a5, c5 and all those guarded Dutch cuts... I'm rambling....

I really have a lot of ace beans, many with personal projects in mind for crosses or pheno hunts, terp hunts, effect hunts... ugh so much wonderful growing to be done. I have learned a lot with them over the years, looking forward to more

Buddler

Veteran
i think most of the four i have are Malawi dominant in smell but buds all vary the nev mal grows the classic long spears #2 is fast finisher short nodes frosty 1and 2 are longer and grow massive buds . What i notice most this early is the growth ..Cheers Bud

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi my humblest apologies. I feel absolutely rotten for not responding to your post. Your kindness, generosity, and patience are remarkable, again our biggest thanks for the opprotunity to grow the new GT v3.0.

It is very strong dubi. Very. I could, and probably should, have let it grow longer. I think that would have tempered/mellowed the effect some, it is intense. I have trouble convincing folks of the creeper effect, people often smoke too much before the full effects kick in. a recent report from a friend who was given some to sample:

..in response to flavor

GT wasn't his favorite, I find the effect is nice when you get there. But it is abrupt in its arrival. The terps have settled out of fruits or chocolate, just interesting Thai; leathers, wood, tobacco, incense. I kept a cut and will be running her to preserve her strength and quality of effect with hopefully more kind delivery. It was a beautiful girl, I like her and the gen 1 GT girls. Gen 2 I have many many beans and I will be looking through them more in the future to find more keepers. I still want to do a gen 1 open pollination to keep that pool around for a while yet.

Again thank you my friend for your work. Hopefully my breeding the gen 1 male is ok, he makes very nice offspring. I hope to find a good pairing with him and breed that progeny to other southeast Asian sativa to keep the power, strength of gt with a little bit more desirable structure of bud. His terps he passes on (fruity like punch, or gummy bears) is fucking fantastic. The skunk haze x gt tastes like red gummy bears, sweet taste in the smoke I swear it. Truly an amazing gift man.

Hats tipped to Dubi and friends for their wonderful work.

No worries friend ;)

I also left this room a bit unattended for the last weeks due to work duties and health issues. It's always a pleasure to read you back hehehehehe sounds like the 3rd Golden Tiger (Thai Chiang Mai x Malawi) is really hitting hard between your friends :D I think it is the most Thai dominant Golden Tiger version we have produced up to date. We have been lately introducing the new Thai Chiang Mai into new breeding projects with great success (like Thai Chi). Really like your description on the terpenes of your GT 3.0: leathers, wood, tobacco, incense are really classic and desirable Thai traits, usually more enhanced in hybrids. Golden Tiger is very strong, and usually not in a kind way hehehehe

Nice to see you are doing good hybrids with her! And best wishes with the new Panama grow. Much love back to you and yours! :huggg:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ncali stumbled upon this thanks to a link on Kaskadians post. Read the entire thing. You did an excellent job of documenting and presenting your images. Just wonderful, thanks for sharing...DD

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words! I have some girls in flower now, you can check out my sig.

Of course I have some ACE gear running, Panama green pheno is doing well in some organic mix, only h20. She's very pretty as she fades in combo with cold temps.

Thank you guys for checking out this journal, I hope to do more ACE bean exploring in the future. GT and Panama have my eye always. Honduras and Guatemala also, I love central American.

I have very many ace beans, many grows in the future.

Much love to ace community.

NC