What's new

New Website Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i don't want to insert a URL to upload a pic.
especially if that URL identifies my computer/provider.
is there a workaround?
file where my photos are doesn't appear to have an URL....
used to be able to post from my photo album here...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hit the grey camera image on the top left of the reply box , select from album

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
if you are replying to me, there is no album to select from.
it says insert URL.
i cannot find my albums

edit
found them thank you.
only some pics survived.

Fitzera

i don't want to insert a URL to upload a pic.
especially if that URL identifies my computer/provider.
is there a workaround?
file where my photos are doesn't appear to have an URL....
used to be able to post from my photo album here...

Like GMT said, if you run into size limit issues you'll have to hold tight until they get that part straightened out. I'm using a hosting site that I feel is more secure/private...but im also not on a computer so I can't right click the images and see what info is viewable :/

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah I found 34 of your photos in your media tab trich, but only the one album.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Going to be a while to sort this out, first reaction was negative, no more micro grows, ugh.

acespicoli

nice to see some features reappearing my opinion is changing, I absolutely love the scrolling of the photo albums and post pictures
GREAT WORK now that the message center is back and sub menus :groupwave:

acespicoli

I'm sure its already been said but the military green borders gotta go!

not sure if I imagined this, but it almost had a magic eye 3d effect after zoning for awhile lol
being able to select a black theme would be awesome

Blazeee

Veteran
Has anyone else figured where the Search / advanced search button is hidden.

Currently the only way Iv'e found to get the old search function back is to go to icmag.com/search

Could we possibly have a button or the search function added to the top of the page. Or is it somewhere else obvious that im missing?

acespicoli

Has anyone else figured where the Search / advanced search button is hidden.

Currently the only way Iv'e found to get the old search function back is to go to icmag.com/search

Could we possibly have a button or the search function added to the top of the page. Or is it somewhere else obvious that im missing?

it was a magnifying glass top left its gone for now I suspect it has to do with them recently adding sponsor banners and the ic logo moving
my new search bar is google i.e.GOOGLE: icmag kerala :D

or

https://www.icmag.com/search

(code is there, the position must need to be changed)

</div> <!-- <div class="toolbar"> <ul class="h-right"> <li class="search-container"> <form id="searchForm" action="https://www.icmag.com/search" class="h-left" method="GET"> <div class="h-left"> <div class="search-box h-clearfix"> <div class="search-term-container"> <input type="text" name="q" id="q" placeholder="Search" class="search-term b-form-input__input b-form-input__input--shadow" autocomplete="off" /> </div> <button type="submit" id="btnSearch" class="search-btn" title="Search"><span class="b-icon b-icon__search"></span></button> </div> </div> </form> </li> </ul> </div> --> </div>

Last edited:

ATUK

Administrator
The search index is currently being rebuilt and will not return decent results until it is finished. Once the index has been built we'll add advanced search back to the desktop.

The moving of the banner on deektop was to tighten the spacing at the top of the site on desktop.

Please bear with us.

Thanks

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Could we have the new threads, your threads and active threads and repped threads or how ever the options were listed (probably nothing like that), on top right, back again..they were very handy to pop in and see whats going on..Also the screen with the information on relative to the background is much smaller than before, the background is nice but I am here for the text and pictures and the background takes up too much space?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
When viewing a thread with tiny pics in, and you click the pick to see it, how do you then return to the thread. The close image cross at the top right does nothing, and the back button is like the hyperdrive button on asteroids, you could end up anywhere from forums list to another thread you viewed earlier. Pretty much anywhere other than the post you clicked the photo in.

clearheaded

auto logs me out, not a big deal if purposefully for safety

Selecting newest page of a thread.. no way to click from the forum and have to scroll to the bottom of the page to skip to the latest page. if that makes sense. ie they used to list pages on the forum list. long story short hard to jump to newest posts.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
one could use more than a dozen or so entries in the 'new topics' on one page. too much wasted space and time/effort involved searching for topics. jmo

Cuddles

I hated the new site when I first looked at it but decided to wait and see if maybe I get used to it after all, before complaining.

Well it´s been nearly a week now and I still hate it. The white background is just too harsh on the eyes, at least for mine anyway.
So my suggestion is: can we give the whole thing a little background colour again? That would be great.

Also, the green text is too pale and doesn´t offer enought contrast. So if this could be made a really dark green it will be a little easier to read as the text will stand out more.

Cloneman

Veteran
My signature comes and goes, one day its here next day its gone, bizarre.
Today its not here...

Edit; its here when I'm not logged in, but not when i am logged in?

Last edited:

ATUK

Administrator
My signature comes and goes, one day its here next day its gone, bizarre.
Today its not here...

Edit; its here when I'm not logged in, but not when i am logged in?

Out of interest, do you have display signatures disabled in your profile?

Cuddles

wow, thanks for the new background. I assumed it would be pale green but even the grey is much better, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts