What's new

New Website Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
How do I change the background. It's too damn bright. I feel like I'm staring at an LED. All the white makes the text hard to see. And I'm not THAT old.. dammit lol

El Timbo

Ok click New Topics. The page of threads appears. Where can you go to the last page of the thread from there without clicking on the thread.

sorry I was mixed up up... I've been going on latest activity then filter turn off new topics. Annoying that when I refresh that page I have to redo 2 steps to get back to where I want to be

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
My old pics have disappeared,

My (ours) my icmag has disappeared.

My (ours) signature has disappeared. (No more links thank you very much, not very good for sponsors hey?)

You can't sellect the last page of a thread in the forum section. When you click the thread you have to go to the bottom of the page to sellect the last page.

This is in bold because i feel like i am being publicly flogged by
LITE text....

There's a tab next to "Posts" that takes you to the last page and post "Latest Activity." On desktop it's right there in the open, on mobile you can choose from a drop down menu.

Lester Beans tried to multi quote you on this as well, but couldn't figure out how. 🤔

LouDog420

Bring back rep messages with the scales... Now we can only like posts and even then, no central place that I've found to see them... I like sending rep messages instead of just clicking a like button as it's more personal

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heads up webmaster... Using insert Media doesn't work.. It shows a pic of the vid but it will not play ..

Fitzera

Mobility around the site seems wonky...as in, hitting the back button does not take me where I just was, rather it takes me to the top...hit back again brings me to the same spot, and once again finally brings me to the last place I was trying to get to.

I agree the text background isn't ideal, I'd prefer it to be darker like the old page. And I agree on the spacing as well. Needs to be condensed somewhat to make it more user friendly....I think thats what people are saying about it looking industrial/sterile.

I dont like drop down menus as much as I liked having tabs, it's an extra click, scroll, click than just one click. Also I'm finding, when using the drop down menu and going to the page I click, then to a page from there, if I hit back it takes me to the original and I have to use the drop down all over again.

I'd like an option to get rid of this chat head that's always on top of the screen.

The time setting seems off, while I am on the right setting, my posts say I've posted an hour into the future. And it doesn't accept changing the post count per page.
edit: time is working correctly on my end now

I'm also hoping the limit on pictures is resolved, it was nice to be able to have everything in specific folders and labeled. Now I'm having to use an image hosting site and lose that ability here. I tend to only upload a couple pictures here and there on other forums...I really don't want to start a full grow log elsewhere just to try and use that site as the hosting site for pictures here.

And once alot of kinks are worked out, new stickies should be made explaining how to do things.

Still having some times where I'm logged out all of a sudden.

Anyone know how to put a hyperlink in your signature? I'd like to condense my signature by placing the links into the text but I've tried a few different code and none worked. I'm not a coder, I haven't done anything close that that since information tech many many years back (c++)
edit: figured it out

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mobility around the site seems wonky...as in, hitting the back button does not take me where I just was, rather it takes me to the top...hit back again brings me to the same spot, and once again finally brings me to the last place I was trying to get to.

I agree the text background isn't ideal, I'd prefer it to be darker like the old page. And I agree on the spacing as well. Needs to be condensed somewhat to make it more user friendly....I think thats what people are saying about it looking industrial/sterile.

I dont like drop down menus as much as I liked having tabs, it's an extra click, scroll, click than just one click.

I'd like an option to get rid of this chat head that's always on top of the screen.

The time setting seems off, while I am on the right setting, my posts say I've posted an hour into the future. And it doesn't accept changing the post count per page.

I'm also hoping the limit on pictures is resolved, it was nice to be able to have everything in specific folders and labeled. Now I'm having to use an image hosting site and lose that ability here. I tend to only upload a couple pictures here and there on other forums...I really don't want to start a full grow log elsewhere just to try and use that site as the hosting site for pictures here.

And once alot of kinks are worked out, new stickies should be made explaining how to do things.

Anyone know how to put a hyperlink in your signature? I'd like to condense my signature by placing the links into the text but I've tried a few different code and none worked. I'm not a coder, I haven't done anything close that that since information tech many many years back (c++)

You need to go to your User Settings scroll down to edit signature (text is green) You can put a hyperlink into a word using this. It took me a min to find it. I was able to put one in my sig.

Sampas92

Just newbin
My suggestion to the new site is, please, everyone dont leave.
this is a great community, people respect each other, no many egos, a lot but a lot or really good content and knowledge.
Icmag will not be icmag without its people, its hard to learn, but hey, remember when you were learning how to grow and you didnt quit?please dont do it now.

woolybear

Veteran
Indeed, ICMAG has been a resource for so many years, no need to toss the baby out with the bathwater.

I also enjoyed the old site, but recognize that it was indeed, ancient, and probably very bad from a security/updating/software standpoint.

ICMAG Mods/admins, you are appreciated, change is tough!

ICMAG readers, please continue using the site, even with the bugs. After all, there is no equivalent cannabis site out there. They may look similar, but the content and people are not there.

antheis

Veteran
Well on mobile the website looks great. But as I’m typing this out I can’t see any text. That’s weird

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I vote to bring back the old site... This format is not use friendly at all. I can’t recall anyone complaining about the original, but this will be the nail in the virtual coffin for most.

Should have just created an icmag app...

-DD
I like the idea of a newly updated system, but also the old system integrated so old users can still use the old software. A app or something separate seems like a good idea to keep everyone happy. The old software had a computer style file structure, and made it very easy to navigate. Even though it looked aged, it was very simple to navigate through thousands of sub files, just like old computers.
It would be nice to not just throw the old software in the trash, and try and find a way to make it a switchable feature to use on the new website. So users could just choose which site look they want to use

bibi40

I like the idea of a newly updated system, but also the old system integrated so old users can still use the old software. A app or something separate seems like a good idea to keep everyone happy. The old software had a computer style file structure, and made it very easy to navigate. Even though it looked aged, it was very simple to navigate through thousands of sub files, just like old computers.
It would be nice to not just throw the old software in the trash, and try and find a way to make it a switchable feature to use on the new website. So users could just choose which site look they want to use

That' s an excellent idea !!!

Fitzera

I think what ATUK has basically said is that while the old system looked fine on the outside, it was a disaster of things patched together on the inside. That's a big part of why this update needs so much tweaking to make it work seamlessly

OldSSSCGuy

Maybe some folks have underestimated the sometimes horrific tech pain that can some from any upgrade. vBulletin is just not that easy to wrangle through upgrades and I can only imagine the size of this site's dB and the challenges faced. I was amazed by the quality of the resulting upgrade whether I like all it's features or not. It would have killed a lesser site - having walked in those shoes myself before. More than a few forums have been absolutely destroyed through upgrades - and this site ain't one by any means.

Now if I could figure out how to stop the chat bell from making me think I am infected with some malware COVID I would return to my normal state of stoned complacency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts