What's new

New to Organic Soil, using Super Soil. Why don't u come by and give some input.

311, is your mix one page one the new mix from Sxxxxxx's mix?

Not sure if ur askin if the recipe on pg 1 is the new SubSoil.
If that is ur question, no it is not the Revised 2010 Subsoil recipe. The NEW Subsoil has NO Rock Phosphate, NO Steamed Bone Meal, and 2 bags less of Root Organics. He now adds 2 bags of Bio-Bizz Light Mix, and Fish Bone Meal.

This (in)famous soil mix recommends using Rock Phosphate vs. Soft Rock Phosphate?

Wow!

CC

U kno I was afraid of telling my Subcool story, thinking ppl were gonna start arguing, giving their 2 cents, wanting a nickel back and shhhtuff.

Kinda funny how it's sorta the opposite. LOL
So here's the question I'm hoping u were expecting me to ask......... WHY Soft Rock Phosphate, over Rock Phosphate. And u shouldn't have made the comment if u didn't want me to ask. LMFAO!

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Thanks for that CC, you are always full of great info.

I can assume you would add "soft" rock phosphate at the same rate then?

Edit: 311, sorry to ask so many questions in your thread. If you have a problem with it just PM me.

Thanks for that CC, you are always full of great info.

I can assume you would add "soft" rock phosphate at the same rate then?

Edit: 311, sorry to ask so many questions in your thread. If you have a problem with it just PM me.

HELL FU@$IN NO I HAVE NO BEEF WITH THAT BRO..... U WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT? LMFAO. JUST KIDDIN(I MEAN THIS IN EVERY WAY.I REALLY AM KIDDIN)!

Sorry about the ruff humor( that TOOLS post up there got me HEATED!

But getting back to ur comment.

DOOD We're here for the same purpose. KNOWLEDGE! So ask away, cause ur asking ??? I wanna know! Trust me I'll be checkin in on ur thread 2 bro. I'm trying to find answers also, ya kno!

Now to attack CC with some ????? LMFAO

Correct...............

CC

Fine BUT WHY...... WHY........ WHY........ Why "Soft"? I WANNA KNOW!!!!! LOL

I know u might get tired of explaining but I have no idea wat the difference of one from the other is, except one of them has the word "SOFT" in front of Rock Phosphate. That as much as I know about that! LOL

echo_chamber

You're using almost identical products i am dude. That mix works AMAZING and i dont let it bake in the sun, i use it raw. I do layers in a 3 gallon pot. I mix up 1 gallon of super soil for the bottom layer. I do another gallon of just roots soil with EWC/Humus/Azomite/Guano/Dolomite Lime for 2nd layer and then a top layer of just roots organics soil with dolomite/ewc.. I'd grab Great White mycorhizzae just cause it has alot more types of fungi in it. Zho is good though. I'd say the most important things for me are the Humus/Humic Acid/Mycorhizzae/Azomite... Azomite gives the soil an amazing flavor... All i do is add water with Cal/Mag cause i'm using RO and i PH the water down to 6.3.... I grow multiple strains and they all love the mix and don't ask for anything extra. And the taste of the buds......mmmmmmmm :D

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Not at all Bullfrog - if I missed the deal about rock phosphate vs. soft rock phosphate then I apologize.

The availability of Phosphorus from rock phosphate is probably something anyone considering using this would want to take a look at.

Even then - in the soft rock phosphate product it usually has a label with something like "Phosphorus - 24% - Available Phosphorus - 2.8%"

Here's an overview of these phosphate agents - Soft Rock Phosphate

CC
The reason for Soft over normal rock phosphate is stated in CC's response. It is the link at the end, and it was a good read.

M

Mountain

Tennessee Brown phosphate. TB has about 27% P by weight, about 6% available and you get much less heavy metals than soft rock. TB is the consistency and color of rich soil.

for anyone who thinks I'm hatin on Sub?

for anyone who thinks I'm hatin on Sub?

if anyone else thinks I'm hatin on Sub, why is 95% of this grow a TGA grow? LOL. Here are some pics. With the acceptance of 3 girls, which are Dutch Passion's White Widow & Orange Bud, and Kannabia's Special, the rest of the girls are TGA's- 2 Dairy Queen, and 7 Vortex. This pic was just taken, and it's only been 4 weeks since 12/12 flip. Just figured I'd take the opportunity to show the girls off. Enjoy.
IMAG0024.jpg IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg IMAG0037.jpg

I've been using SuperNatural Brands nutes for 3 grows, with killer results. Easy, not many bottles, no pHing, and girls seem to love it. I have used EVERYTHING from Dutch Master Gold to Bio-Bizz. Also bought one of those Digilux bulbs for 1 of my lights, this grow. The other I'm still running Eye Hortilux Blue, both 600w. Straight coco, recirculating. The resin production with this nute co is insane.

I also like Cutting Edge Solutions. Honestly I like Botanicare CNS17 for veg, great results. But haven't tried Pure Blend Pro yet. Was gonna try next round, along with the Super soil(not use it on the Super Soil. Run a table along side an organic run), BUT, decided to finish off my ARSENAL of nutes before going to spend more $$$ on new nutes.

Am I crazy talkin about Hydro in this thread? LOL. Of course I'm gonna have to keep a table running for at least a few grows, until I am convinced that Organic is the only way.

Ok.. So I've read on different threads, ppl suggesting adding Alfalfa Meal to similar recipes. This is what my local garden store describes Alfalfa Meal as.

Alfalfa Meal

This soil conditioner is a reasonable alternative to blood meal. Its carbohydrates and proteins encourage microbial activity in soil. The alfalfa's extensive root system provides micronutrients to plants from deep below the earth's surface

Running into town 2morrow to get some SOFT Rock Phosphate ;-) Thanks for the help CC, and some Kelp Meal. Just wanna make sure I'm not over doing it, by adding Alfalfa Meal, if it's saying it's an alternative to Blood Meal, and I already have Blood Meal. Will it hurt the mix, or make it better?

Anyone ever use Feather Meal instead of Blood Meal? It has the same 13-0-0 ratio. I have read somewhere that Feather Meal takes longer to decompose. Is that true? If so, that would explain why I can't really find much on it, and cannabis.

OhighO

yes feather meal is a slow release form of nitrogen. I would not replace the blood meal with it. The microguys use lots of nitrogen and they will need the fast N from the blood meal. I think the addition of kelp would be good too.

I have never used the S*bs super soil anyone have opinions on it?

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I have used his supersoil mix for 3 outdoor seasons now. I have nothing but good things to say. If anything, the nutes could last longer, which is why I say add the alfalfa. Around Augest the last couple of years I have had to start feeding liquid nutes do to the lack of nutes in the soil. I used the mix just as sXXXXXX's directions said the last couple of years. This year I will be adding Kelp, Alfalfa and organic rice hulls (my store didn't have Pumice)

I am really excited about this years mix. I hope everybody else has as good of luck as I have with this mix.

If this will make a difference with my SuperSoil, i need to know. I will be growing indoors. Will this be a problem? I am going to veg for 1 to 1/2 months, from seed. Anyone see any problems with that? And i kno not to start in the SS. But will roots have chance to get to SS in that time, in a 7 gallon pot?

You're using almost identical products i am dude. That mix works AMAZING and i dont let it bake in the sun, i use it raw. I do layers in a 3 gallon pot. I mix up 1 gallon of super soil for the bottom layer. I do another gallon of just roots soil with EWC/Humus/Azomite/Guano/Dolomite Lime for 2nd layer and then a top layer of just roots organics soil with dolomite/ewc.. I'd grab Great White mycorhizzae just cause it has alot more types of fungi in it. Zho is good though. I'd say the most important things for me are the Humus/Humic Acid/Mycorhizzae/Azomite... Azomite gives the soil an amazing flavor... All i do is add water with Cal/Mag cause i'm using RO and i PH the water down to 6.3.... I grow multiple strains and they all love the mix and don't ask for anything extra. And the taste of the buds......mmmmmmmm :D

ur using 3 gallon pots? This recipe apparently is for 7 to 10 gallon pots. I'm trying to find threads with succesful grow using 5 gallon pots. Im afraid oif using them and killin the ladies.

vancerz

I grown using super soil in 3 and 5 gal pots inside per directions with no problems. 1 gal of soil per 1 month of growth indoors is what I follow currently, I also use alfalfa meal with blood right now i just cut back on the blood a little with no problems at all.

I grown using super soil in 3 and 5 gal pots inside per directions with no problems. 1 gal of soil per 1 month of growth indoors is what I follow currently, I also use alfalfa meal with blood right now i just cut back on the blood a little with no problems at all.

Thanks. I finally found a couple of threads, with ppl using 5 gallon pots. being that i'm not vegging that long, I'll go with the 5 gallon pot.

My Bat Guano and Humic Acid arrives 2morrow. So I will make my mix tomorrow. I will be mixing in 1 of these. 7ca80109-0dc3-4479-b983-68b19cca70b7_400.jpg

If I'm making 1/4 of the recipe should I use 1/4 amount of the water to moisten soil?

How often should I throw mix back in mixer and mix again, or should I just put SS in bin and leave alone for a month?

Bullfrog44

Veteran
The more air in the mix the better. It wouldn't be a problem if you left it in a garbage can for a month. (add a little water) However, I think your bio life would be even better if stirred once or twice a week.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran

A couple of other questions for you!!!!

Are you familiar with WormPower castings by any chance? They're based in Upstate New York.

And just because I'm an asshole - what price are you paying for Roots Organic out of Eugene, Oregon?

Just curious as usual.

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts