What's new

New To Growing - Secuirty Question

Frozenguy

Veteran
Thermal imaging cannot see through walls.

So, it will be looking at the temperature of your external walls, your roof, and vents to outside.

If you vent your growroom to your basement and you're only using a 600, your basement walls shouldn't be showing anything odd whatsoever.

Thermal imaging will not under any circumstances, see a grow tent heat signature behind the walls no matter how hot your tent gets and how lacking of 'ir blocking material' it has.

The hot exhausted tent air will heat up your basement air which will heat up the external walls of your entire basement evenly.

So put your 'ir blocking material' (insulation) on your walls of your basement to keep them from heating up, because thats all thermal imaging will be viewing, is external walls, roof, and ventings to outside.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Sounds like you have been doing some shopping, and have all the right stuff out of the gate. The only thing I'd skip for now (One man's opinion) is the light mover.
Since you said it's your first grow, it might pay off to only fill half the tent, to give yourself room to work, and fix any problems that arise.
I'm running 2400w in a 6x8 foot space, and when I load it up, I cross my fingers nothing goes wrong. I don't have enough room in there to change my mind, let alone fix something major...
I have fiddled with a few tents, and highly recommend you hang larger carbon filters through the roof of the tent, to a ceiling joist. (I've used 3/16" hardware store cable, and the crimp ferrules to connect it) You can't move the tent, but you eliminate the risk of collapsing the whole contraption on your plants, which would also drop your light...And your flame defender, and well.... Not a good day!
A fan muffler can be constructed for $15, with a box made from chip board, and some foam insulation board on the inside.
I've noticed that 50% of the noise comes from the air rushing through flex duct, so you might wanna consider the duct insulation also. All can be had a Home Depot, or Lowe's.
Keep up the good work!

Phat filters have worked well for me so far, and they're a lot lighter than pelletized carbon filters. Def easier to deal with overhead.

Latest posts

Latest posts