What's new

New sub-forum suggestion...12/12 from seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkie

1 month in

1 month in

Hey all posted a pic before of my cab and since then Ive gotten a 250 hps (had 325 watts of envirolites before) anyway here are my 6 ladies (4 of which were bagseed and ALL turned female! :woohoo: The big one is an 12/12 I put in back in October, it was mistreared and left alone for 2 1/2 weeks so it suffered a bit. Im chopping it in a few days to free up space for that 1 plant which is still in it's small pot.

Lst has been working well, I noticed the new growth is the only part which is flexible, the rest is firm. Ok enough talking, onto pictures!

H

Hal

Munkie...

So, let me get this right...you are doing both 12/12 from seed AND low stress training? Just not quite sure by your post.

munkie

Yes, Im doing both, as you can see in the middle pic in the post above, the one plant is horizontal and has about 4 or 5 budsites growing up (somewhat) evenly. I only have 3.5 feet of height to work with so I cant afford for them to shoot up past my light :bat:

I know the plants slow growth when doing this, but for 5 budsites evenly getting light compared to 1 Im willing to leave them in for extra time.

J

JackKerouac

Hey Hal,

I think you have an awesome idea, and I think you have a lot of enthusiasm. I would support an "official 12/12 from seed" thread, but looking at the forums, they are more about the medium and location of the grow than the method.

If that were the case, we would have to give subforums to things like SOG, SCROG, etc.

Best of luck, bud.

JK

Lofty

Hi Hal i'm running a project at the moment (growing under my floorboard) and after this test run i'm guna try 12/12 from seed with som training, i intend to use mazar but for the purpose of his thread and experiments i'm open to suggestions.

H

Hal

JackKerouac said:
Hey Hal,

I think you have an awesome idea, and I think you have a lot of enthusiasm. I would support an "official 12/12 from seed" thread, but looking at the forums, they are more about the medium and location of the grow than the method.

If that were the case, we would have to give subforums to things like SOG, SCROG, etc.

Best of luck, bud.

JK

Hey Jack...

I agree with ya. When I first started this thread, I was under the impression that the only way one could do a confined search was to do it within a "sub-forum." I soon noticed that it was possible to search individual threads as well, which would make doing research on the "12/12 from seed" method immeasurably more efficient and easier.

So, learning as I go, I now feel that a thread, devoted to this method, would definitely suffice. That being said, I feel that it is important to assign this thread with a "sticky," so that it can remain up front and accessible if it goes a few days without getting any hits. The reason I feel this is important is because this method should be a consideration for many new growers who don't have much space to do their growing in.

Additionally, I think a "stickied" thread in the grow diaries would be a good move. That may be the most important line of information to have for those who choose to grow this way...picking the strains that respond most positively to this method. My current grow, using Nirvana's Bubblelicious, is growing very differently than my first grow using this method (Nirvana northern lights), and would present problems for those who are limited by height considerations.

Here's a note for those who were following the OG thread about this method...Atmosphere 1 has been contacted, and is supposed to be visiting this thread to spread his expertise. I'm sure that we all look forward to hearing from him.

Finally i can start posting !

Some 12/12 related pics :

19355100_0904-med.JPG

Nice field of female seedlings ( 2 strains )
19355IMG_03873-med.JPG

To start with :
The succes of his method depends a lot on the speed of development in the first 3 weeks. you must grow strong wide and very short seedlings . start with lots of light right away .

For the best yields per square meter per 2,5 month you need to use lots of plants . This is the most efficiënt way to do the 12/12 from seed method .
Less plants that have to veg first gives you a lot of open space in your garden in the first weeks . Lots of light wont even reach leaves but in stead heats up your soil . This also goes for clone growing . Its the most efficiënt to start with a lot of green(leaves) to prevent inefficiënt open spaces/los of light.

19355Bigbuddag50blloei.jpg

Clones are from a selected mother that yielded well , but clones have the disadvantage they have in incomplete root system in the first weeks, wich slows down development. In general they are also weaker en less resistant.

The 12/12 from the start forces the maturation process to take place aerlier but this still takes about 3 weeks time untill the first signs of flowering become visible. Inmature plants can't flower (by defenition.)

G

hey atmo, glad you could make it. i've been following your threads at wietforum.nl, but for everyone here could you post a list of all your numbers, like seedlings per area, final plant spacing, timeline with plant heights and devolopment, distance of light from seedling etc? nobody can argue with numbers... :dueling:

Last edited:
H

Hal

Welcome Atmosphere!

Thanks for visiting our discussion dude. Hope to see you here on a regular basis...you know more than anyone else on what makes this work. Your words are needed to fend off all the naysayers who like to dismiss this growing method...yet have never actually tried it themselves. There have been only a few who have worked with this method, and none that I know of who have compiled the data that you seem to have.

We need you here...thanks for joining the party.

Some growers over here use this method in relatively large scale setups. 1 room thats always on 12/12 . 3 weeksbefore harvesting new plants are started in the same room. This way there are always flowering plants. yield average 1 gram per watt .

Without time on 18/6 (veg) seedlings will grow into one narrow bud with little leaves , this is way you can plant more of them per square meter , up to 35 .

seedling that had lots of blue /white light ,at half an inch distance from lots of fluro's. You can also use 600 watt HPS at 55 cm distance.

19355doublefun12dagengroei002.jpg

I try and give more details later on .

Last edited:
H

Hal

Thanks for the info Atmosphere....1 gram per watt is an excellent yield by any measure, not many would disagree with that!

One thing I have been wondering about....What strains have you grown using this method? And how have they responded, e.g.: have all the strains you have grown developed the "pole" shape? I am currently growing Nirvana Bubblelicious, and it is showing considerably more branching, and height, than my previous grow with Nirvana Northern Lights.

Are you still working with primarily sativa/sativa dominant strains?

Thanks for all your help!

Lofty

thats really inspirational atmospere, i'm def guna giv it a go. i've got 17 seeds just popped out if nobody as got a problem with it i'll do 12/12 with them and post the pics on this thread. it shud b a laugh as its a first for me :wave:

yea i recently had some going 12/12.. but i didnt have the proper root space.during the veg period,and they stayed kinda small, except for one. i tried using the 2 liter soda bottles. and i had to start over.. but it was trippy like 31 days from seed i was kinda forced to kill them.. but they were just starting to pump out the trichs.. sexed at like 21 and by 31 they were in full flower.. crazy.. i regret having them killed so young.. because harvest would of been in march.white rhino and b52. i try not to think about it.what crazy is i still coped a decent premy high using my vape..this time i have ak48, whiterhino, and a bubblicious going.. they are just about to sprout.. im contemplating trying again... but this time start them off in bigger containers and just leaving them ... good to see atm in the building , i remember his thread from og.. classic..later.

H

Hal

Dude06.....

Ouch! We feel your pain. What exactly happened to the plants? Those 2 liter soda bottles hold more soil than the containers I am using.

Let me know if that Bubblelicious is a stretcher...I have 5 going currently, and they got pretty damn tall.

Hal said:
Thanks for the info Atmosphere....1 gram per watt is an excellent yield by any measure, not many would disagree with that!

One thing I have been wondering about....What strains have you grown using this method? And how have they responded, e.g.: have all the strains you have grown developed the "pole" shape? I am currently growing Nirvana Bubblelicious, and it is showing considerably more branching, and height, than my previous grow with Nirvana Northern Lights.

Are you still working with primarily sativa/sativa dominant strains?

Thanks for all your help!

I use unknown strain , and also "Double Fun" a 75 % Indica plant , and some crossings i developed myself . I don't know what kind of shape you are refering at when you say "pole" shape, my English kind of sucks ,you know .

Most grows i start in 1 liter containers and after sex showed i plant them in one large container with lots of soil . For example 15 females in 150 liters of soil . The soil is a home made mixture of 20 % natural clay soil , 30 % cocos and the rest normal pot soil ( how do you call that?) and some natural nutes(from "no mercy supply") and compost.

Although its easy for me to buy some klones (cost only 3 euro's each) i still start from seed .

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Cool thread!

As a outdoor grower, indoor growing is something I generally only do when I have a harvest shortfall outdoors. For me, going to the trouble of finding mothers and making clones is alot of unnecessary trouble.

Growing straight from seedling to harvest in a quick simple manner like this would be a good method for those that have access to lots of cheap seeds, like me, especially since I am now (personally)shunning clones for outdoor use, and don't need to find them.

I may have my newbie grower freind try this method indoors to help him learn the basics of indoor growing, since I won't be growing indoors this winter.

If they won't give you guys a seperate forum, I would suggest that those of you who do use this method should start a new thread, and do it team style to give a strong fondation and example of the method, similar to the 150wHPS club. A thread featuring multiple growers, starting from the begining and moving through harvest after harvest. Soon you would pick up many new members, and make the thread and the method a known force, then maybe they will give you guys a new forum.

Good luck guys!

well i dont think the 2l bottles where the problem exactly... it was probly a combination of crappy soil (not good drainage, very heavy etc) and i sexed in very small containers.. they might of turned around and been fine now that i look back and think about it, because they were only 31 days old when killed.and probly had alot more stretch to go.but ill never know now. which is why it sucks so much..this time im going to add some perlite to the mix for better drainage.i think thats where the majority of my problems came from..ill start a thread when i get a digital cam , i have a cell phone cam but im to paranoid to use it on live plants..it sucks starting over when i could of had my harvest mid march...yikes...

H

Hal

Hey dude..

Yeah, soil mix is real important. If you don't want to buy some bagged soils like Foxfarm Ocean Forest, then you should definitely mix up some good soil on your own. If you do a search for "soil mix" you should get a bunch of threads that will provide you with some basic recipes.

Drainage is also crucial. I have been using the Foxfarm OF, and I mix that with perlite, so that my final mix ratio is 2/3 FFOF and 1/3 perlite. This leaves a bunch of little "empty" spaces in the soil mix that hold water immediately after watering, and then as the plant drinks up the water these spaces remain open to hold air and oxygen for the roots.

Definitely look up "soil mixes" in the search function. Mid March...thats just about when I will be harvesting my 5 Bubblelicious...they are starting to smell oh-so-sweet!

EDIT: Just noticed...there is an entire sub-forum dedicated to organic soil, which is where you will find the recipes

Last edited:

Lofty

A grow for the thread

A grow for the thread

i've got 17 seeds germed a week ago, i think it wud b fun to let the tread members control the grow, so heres wat u've got to work with.

17 seeds, named Pepsi, pheno is very much like AK47.

i've just put them into my grow room tonite, this is wat they look like at the mo

it's all up to the thread members now, u tell me wat to do, nutes, lites, containers etc. i've got a spare 600hps but if u want me to use something else just name it and i'll get it. Well Hal its up to u now, rally the troops and get the icm army to make som comments, i await yr instructions guys! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts