What's new

New Stock

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi Panikz,

whos the breeder of the Haze you mentioned 2 days ago in this thread?

+1
Also interested

Think its chimeras gear it was in his stock I found..

Hey guys,

I am curious as well. Trying to read between the lines has brought me to a point of pure speculation; but I think possibly it’s straight Incense Haze, truncated to Haze... a seed line not crossed to Jack or SS, possibly the line from which the mother of each hybrid line was selected... or maybe just a mislabeling for Frankie’s Incense Haze (x Jack). Which then brings into question whether the listed Frankies Incense Haze is pure, or (x Jack).

To piece together this speculation, I consulted Kalbhairav’s excellent GRM Archive, found here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300945

A must read for anyone interested in acquiring Chimera’s genetics (which are worth the asking price).

If we're lucky, someone in the know will stop by and fill us in... :)

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
I will ask chimera but pretty sure this is not a labelling mistake as I sent him the pictures of the seeds and packs to confirm..

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
What about the pack specifically labeled haze?
Lineage possibility?

You'll have to forgive SB/SB for this one... these seeds had been sitting at their locale for a LONG time misplaced- as it were. Normally I would have the lists right n front of me, but I was told this order never arrived long, lng ago and it recently just appeared in a box of stock in the office.

I suspect they are the Tom Hill Haze, but sadly- I can't be %100 sure. We never made a pure Haze line for sale, and since the other crosses would have been labeled with house cods (as they are in the pic), my tendency is to believe these are Haze seeds - which makes sense as SB went through those more quickly than the X18.

HTH,
-Chimera

I

Ignignokt

They NEED to germ test their older stock or at least put a 'caution' message that they are old.
Too many old seedbay seeds wont sprout.
I did message PANIKZ about this but he never replied, but apparently told someone else who messaged me that i need to check my germination methods.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
They NEED to germ test their older stock or at least put a 'caution' message that they are old.
Too many old seedbay seeds wont sprout.
I did message PANIKZ about this but he never replied, but apparently told someone else who messaged me that i need to check my germination methods.

Just want to say that I don’t have experience trying to pop old Seedbay stock... and, I wouldn’t consider this Chimera stock as old, if properly stored... and Gypsy has already clearly stated that germ ratios might not be ideal... that’s why prices are reasonable, for older Bou/Bay stock... and freebies thrown in... moreover, this current offering hasn’t even been listed yet, let alone prices set...

Chimera

Veteran
FEIW I asked all older found stock be returned or at least germ tested before being sold.’

I can vouch for seeds in my possession up until shipped to resellers. Even “old” stock can germinate near %100 if stored properly as we do. I pulled 100 gf x bb the other day at 99 popped within 36 hours.

That said, what happens to the seeds when out of our hands is completely out of my control. Resellers should store seeds in a fridge - it’s simple and cheap.

I would rather the properly stored seeds are put in the market - I can’t guarentee the others at this point and if they haven’t been stored properly, it creates an impression the stock isn’t good. The stock itself is fine- I check our holdings often.

What always amuses me is when people start getting huffy about seeds a decade old - whereas the truth is, if matured and birthed properly, dried and stored with care, seeds can last well past 25 years - easy.

FEIW I asked all older found stock be returned or at least germ tested before being sold.’

I can vouch for seeds in my possession up until shipped to resellers. Even “old” stock can germinate near %100 if stored properly as we do. I pulled 100 gf x bb the other day at 99 popped within 36 hours.

That said, what happens to the seeds when out of our hands is completely out of my control. Resellers should store seeds in a fridge - it’s simple and cheap.

I would rather the properly stored seeds are put in the market - I can’t guarentee the others at this point and if they haven’t been stored properly, it creates an impression the stock isn’t good. The stock itself is fine- I check our holdings often.

What always amuses me is when people start getting huffy about seeds a decade old - whereas the truth is, if matured and birthed properly, dried and stored with care, seeds can last well past 25 years - easy.

Agreed and even if those seeds that were lost in storage, the genetics on them r invaluable..I hope to c more of ur genetics in the future sir

I

Ignignokt

Agreed and even if those seeds that were lost in storage, the genetics on them r invaluable..I hope to c more of ur genetics in the future sir

If they germinate then they are worth something.... if they don't they are worthless.

I have shopped with seedbay for a long time, so i'm not trying to be critical, just calling a spade a spade.

Chimera

Veteran
Was your problem with our seeds?

Because if they weren't, it kinda seems like you are making your issue with someone else's stock into something broader concerning us.

I have asked the seeds be tested before being listed.

I have asked the duplicate seeds for which we have sent properly stored replacements, be returned.

With the rare, otherwise unavailable seeds like the TH Haze and Lapis, it's caveat emptor as we have made the information available.

If you don't like it, don't buy them - there aren't enough to go around anyhow.

I

Ignignokt

Was your problem with our seeds?

Because if they weren't, it kinda seems like you are making your issue with someone else's stock into something broader concerning us.

I have asked the seeds be tested before being listed.

I have asked the duplicate seeds for which we have sent properly stored replacements, be returned.

With the rare, otherwise unavailable seeds like the TH Haze and Lapis, it's caveat emptor as we have made the information available.

If you don't like it, don't buy them - there aren't enough to go around anyhow.

No, it wasn't with your seeds specifically.... sorry for the confusion.

If they germinate then they are worth something.... if they don't they are worthless.

I have shopped with seedbay for a long time, so i'm not trying to be critical, just calling a spade a spade.

Spot on..all I need is one to sprout tho..and hopefully they were stored properly after leaving chims hand..regardless will b rly nice to get those genetics back

Chappi

Honestly need to know how all these seeds were stored before atempting to buy anything. If not cold stored, forgetaboutit!

M

metsäkana

most big seed companies dont have fridges what i asked.. but they only keep stock limited time and then return it.. someone should make bisness with proper fridges or cold rooms and make video the room or space for customers.. last place tought i was goingto rob them when i asked if they have video or pics about how they store the seeds lol

Latest posts

Latest posts