What's new

New setup :-D Pretty excited

Quick little update on the room :-D

Quick little update on the room :-D

Hello friends. welp...the room is pretty much finished....
Link to video is at bottom of post. But there is no commentary
during the video, so details are described below.

Just got the lights on to keep the little ones I got flowering, flowering. They are in week 5. Cant wait till they are finished... its a cluster fuck in there with these Coco ones taking up room... and adding a lot of unnecessary humidity...but ya.. 4 more weeks and they will be gone and it will only be the RDWC buckets in there.

Don't mind the temps... they say they are high..especially the OUTDOOR probe...the heat of the LIGHT maybe 94ish...BUT the heat on the actual plants with fans taking into play...isn't any more then the indoor temps that are around 80-84.

we'll have to see how the temps are once I have all 3 lights running. Its a nice 76 in there usually..but I watered those cocos...so that added humidity really kicked up the heat on the thermometer, BUT that's humid heat :-D So its all good.

Hard to really get a nice look at the plants with those HPS light shining like they do, but whatever, they are healthy and happy.
Will be some nice 2grammer buds all over these little guys, probably get about 2-3oz per plant.

Notice the cages i show, I might take off another row to make them shorter, they would be 11inch high then, I think they are 15inchs now. I'm thinking every other bucket is going to get a cage...since the plant next to it will be able to benefit from the support as well. I was gonna give each bucket there own..but after seeing the 2 finished cages sitting next to each other, I don't think ill need one on each bucket...might not even need them at all though.

I show the res for a few minutes...pretty straight up..3inch return pouring into the res..

OH ya.. i show you guys the 1/4inch feed lines running to each bucket...I'm going to be adding a 2nd 1/4in feed line to each bucket so they get more flow. had to do this because the pumps i got were not strong enough to push the 1/2inch lines. Gonna be doing some irrigation reading in regards to water pressure traveling through piping and calculating the resistance and what not. Next setup is getting 1/2in feed lines for sure...what flow that you see coming from that 1/2in line that i hold over the hydroton inside my res.

also that Hydroton that is inside the res.. is going to be the main home for the beneficial bacteria that will come from the tea im brewing.

I also jump over to the veg room, where I have been having some issues for the past weeks... BUT finally it seems to be coming back around now...suck it set me back about 2-3 weeks...BUT that's alright..id rather have healthy plants with nice root systems then junky ones that wont give nice dense buds.

Those plants in the tub on the left are trash, im dumping those today. the other tub on the right though is coming back nicely. Each plant is really looking better and are actually growing now. They were that size for 3 weeks....there roots just kept getting attacked. Forked all the roots and cut out as much brown as I could... rinsed them well.. and put great attention to the water in those tubs.

finally a nice steady ppm of 800...with a pH of 5.9 id say... they look MUCH better...

question regarding pH adjusting... how much pH up/down need to be used in order to start using TO MUCH?
For 10 gallons I have used roughly 5ml so far.

I think i might through these vegging plants under a 400MH for a week or 2.. to really get them to bulk up and grow some nice roots before I throw them into flower, which I expect to do within the next 2 weeks.

still always a lot of work to be done...funds are really getting tight also...so kinda making it harder. BUT i am kind of patience so I have no worries hehe.

The strains in there are...
Big Bud...
Blueberry...
Bagseed that is a female I found out...and
BG..that Im guessing is Bubblegum.

I REALLY wanna get some real strain seeds though... I am working with some old ass generations here...and they are truly showing their age with out touchy they are... Big Bud shouldn't be this touchy.

So lastly...here is the video that I just took.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4xsJLMipSQ

stankj

sweet vid... sure is a tight squeeze in there.
from my reading on here, lava rocks
are a better home for bennies than hydroton.

Last edited: