What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Sativa Grower

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Good call. You can always turn it back up but I bet you see a positive result giving them a break.

How many watts per square foot were you running it at?

I had to turn my LED down also, it's tempting to use all the power but these new LED are no joke. Im running my 10 bar light at 260w (32.5w/sqft) and still debating if its too much.

I would get a cheap LUX meter if you can, it's way better than having no clue at all and at very least it gives you a metric to measure your own result against

Dr Bombay

Good call. You can always turn it back up but I bet you see a positive result giving them a break.

How many watts per square foot were you running it at?

I had to turn my LED down also, it's tempting to use all the power but these new LED are no joke. Im running my 10 bar light at 260w (32.5w/sqft) and still debating if its too much.

I would get a cheap LUX meter if you can, it's way better than having no clue at all and at very least it gives you a metric to measure your own result against

Thank you Chronosync. The light is 480 watts from wall. 6 bar. I have it at 50 percent in a 4x4. I don't know the math you did there off the top of my head. I quess l would need to
find out footage of ⛺. I have a math level below Sesame Street.😹 Given that you are thinking like things with the light of Truth then l feel better still. Our numbers may be similar.

You are right re Lux meter. Hard to find what people are doing re hanging hights and power. Folks seem fine with 600 watts etc.

Your gals are looking super great. Such a fine grow.

JustGrowing420

I was looking into some measuring tools also and found lots of items in a big chinese retailer site (don't know if I'm allowed to post link but I think you understand).
In some stores you can find a pH meter, a lux meter and an infrared thermometer(for measuring true leaf temperature and not ambient air temp) for about 15euro total, when local growstores here sell them for 30euro each. You could even get spares for insurance and still be under.
Worth a check, probably gonna take 2 months to get to you but you can't beat the price. Debating on placing an order myself.

Dr Bombay

Thanks again for sharing that. With special thanks to the Count. So it's 30 at 480 watts and 15 at half that. What number is a good number to shoot for?

Dr Bombay

P_20210609_102717_1.jpg
P_20210609_102724_1.jpg
They seem to be not bleaching more. The purple definitely is slowing down re water. I tried another frost pic.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Look at them buds!

Making the containers look small now too :) You got a jungle going on

30 w/sqft is the average norm and Ive found that to be true with the SIL (screw in light bulb) but COBS and strips are almost definitely more powerful

with my strip light I can tell it doesnt equal the SIL set up at the same wattage, its kills compared to the SIL rack

Sometimes plants just need a rest if theyve been pushed too hard, maybe you can try gradually raising the intensity and get back closer to 30w/sqft

Have I mentioned you can use 11/13 photoperiod?
I forget ... That's another way to reduce light stress (less DLI) and also help them finish sooner

Looking good man!

Dr Bombay

chronosync Thank you!!! I am hoping for a good smoke report. There is a thread on LED feed changes attributed to the difference in LED light compared to others. I have been trying to come up to speed by reading that. Based on that, I don't have the grow dialed in well enough to try 30 yet. 30 LED watts being considered intense by some. Your experience is echoed in the thread I think your suggestion of varying light intensity is spot on and l will try the gradual increase. One other piece of wisdom l read was letting the plants grow into light and keeping them further away. Straightforward yes, but worth a try next grow.🌄

So much to cram into the brain... Still trying to figure out the NPK university discussion on the implications of calcium supplements and application.

Your grow it is splendificent!!!🔥😻👍

Thank you again.

Dr Bombay

Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20210612_174408_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	17877844
Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20210612_174417_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	17877845
There's a light... Over at the Frankenstein place. It's at 75 percent of 480 watts at 30"s.
seems good. No further bleaching. Trying some flash!! Purple trichomes still clear. Click image for larger version  Name:	P_20210612_174408_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	17877844

JustGrowing420

Ahh my favorite time in the grow when branches flop all over the place with weight.
Can't wait to see some dry shots! The purple looks white...:D

Dr Bombay

JustGrowing420 Yes it is exciting. A first for me. Really shows me the value of scrog net.
​​​​​​
That purple smells putrid. If you didn't know what it was, you wouldn't want to smell it in your fridge😹. Another first. It overpowers the GT and Congo Kali.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you like the seedsman sugar haze?

JustGrowing420

JustGrowing420 Yes it is exciting. A first for me. Really shows me the value of scrog net.
​​​​​​
That purple smells putrid. If you didn't know what it was, you wouldn't want to smell it in your fridge😹. Another first. It overpowers the GT and Congo Kali.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you like the seedsman sugar haze?

Gimme some time cause I only smoked 1/3 so far. The other two are going to jars today/tomorrow, so have patience.
All I can say so far is the smell/taste of my #4 is amazing, maybe the best plant in my grow in this department.
Super tasty floral/herbal with earthy notes and a hint of rotten fruit or something gassy..
effect I need a little time to judge but all day comfortable stress free high is how I would describe it.

edit: smoking a joint right now it's really sweet also and smell translates pretty good to taste, can't wait to try it cured, I'm also already dreaming of running it again better this time!

Last edited:

Dr Bombay

chronosync

​​​​​​Thank you! I hope to land them yet. The new light setting seems not to strain them. Still learning tons... Yes, it's quite its own thing that smell. Durian fruit. Will look for that one! Should be near the stegosaurus tail bits. How often would you recommend checking trichomes? I think having some terps smell is great though. I wonder how it will smoke?

I will topdress ACE brood one more time.

​​​​​​​Your grows are really impressive and beautiful. Maestro! 🎄🧞🔥👍😸

Dr Bombay

JustGrowing420

Thank you for that #4 report 👍🔥. I like reading about your journey to self sufficiency and the creation of your stash! The buds look mouth wateringly good. Love the range of your grows and the new grow!

How many watts is your alien light?

Still figuring out site navigation and viewing.

Thank you again.

JustGrowing420

chronosync

​​​​​​Thank you! I hope to land them yet. The new light setting seems not to strain them. Still learning tons... Yes, it's quite its own thing that smell. Durian fruit. Will look for that one! Should be near the stegosaurus tail bits. How often would you recommend checking trichomes? I think having some terps smell is great though. I wonder how it will smoke?

Your grows are really impressive and beautiful. Maestro! 🎄🧞🔥👍😸

Haha! The big question always... will it keep the taste????

It's 300w, I got it for veg and for setting up a new tent.

Dr Bombay

JustGrowing420

Thank you. I'm sure it will.👍l am curious about how growers are using the led lights and the settings they use. There seems to be some quesswork involved in dialing them in. A great tool indeed for your perpetual grow.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
chronosync

​​​​​​​Your grows are really impressive and beautiful. Maestro! 🎄🧞🔥👍😸

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words!

check trich development every few days as its getting near, I usually start scoping during their last week and by the end im checking daily unless ive already decided theyre done

One thing I've been using to help with my light is a Kill-A-Watt meter.. It measures amps volts and watts being drawn from the wall. It really helps me know my light is working OK especially after it went haywire. It helped a lot in knowing how much my light was messing up also, when it was flickering with a bad dimmer. Before that I had it at my main outlet measuring the total draw for my tents but I had to put it on just the lamp. I'll probably get another one so I can measure the total watts again but I like having a dedicated meter for the light itself. There is no way I'd be able to tell the difference between (for instance) 250w and 265w just by eye.

Dr Bombay

chronosync Thank you. The kill-a-watt sounds like the ticket. The more control the better. Especially when you've had the issues you've had. I think it will take a couple of grows personally to figure it out! 😸

It is exciting to figure out when purple is ready. The Mills Brothers; don't want no silver thread amongst the gold in reverse. More silver less amber.

Latest posts

Latest posts