What's new

New Place, New Grow

B

basement420

So I have been working on getting everything ready for this grow for the past two weeks. Moved to a new place. No longer have a basement but I now have a second bedroom and no roommate this time. So of course the second bedroom is going to be used for storing my crap and growing some herb. Decided to get away from the simple DWC and have made the jump to recirculating DWC, have been thinking of switching to Ebb and Flow but not sure yet we'll see after this grow. I am running the GH Flora Series Nutes and I am trying out the lucas formula on this round. I have a 600W HPS to replace my 400W. I was, thankfully, gifted some cuts from another member on here, if you read this thanks again. I was gifted cuts of Strawberry Diesel, Blowfish, Green Crack, SSH (Romulators Cut), Neville's Haze (Maple Cut), and Joe Schmoe's Kali Mist. The Neville's Haze died before I could get it to take root, but thats fine still have plenty of other great strains. This round I am running the Kali Mist, Strawberry Diesel, Blowfish, and Green Crack. PH is at 5.8 and I have my nutes mixed up to 369ppm for the new clones. Enough of my rambling here are some pics from this morning right after I placed the clones into the system.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
nice work base>> props to you >>>>>
i got some green crack going right now looks sweet ,, and smells like a skunk massacre...

i also have some kali cross plants gifted to me indirectly from joe ...they are also killer plants so far ..ill be watchin and looking forward to seeing some buds >>> keep it up

set up looks fantastic. interested to see if you go to ebb and flow next grow. found information on more odor control if ur interested. good luck.

no bars can hold me
no whores can control me

MedTokeRx

sweet setup. i just changed to a recirculating DWC too with sensi star. it will be cool to watch both grows good luck im definatly watching this one.

B

basement420

One week later and not much progress but the root systems are getting better and have all reached the water level. I had a few problems with water leaks this weekend while I was gone for 4 days. All in all everything seems to be doing fine so I am going to hope for the best. Water is at a PH of 5.8 and a PPM of 420, lol. The Kali Mist and Strawberry diesel seem to be doing the best, blowfish is doing well and the Green crack is iffy. Here are some pics:

And some Clones:

S

stoned teacher

Pumped to see you rock it out, basement... :rasta:

Beware of the stretch, especially on that blowfish and Kali Mist ...Height could become an issue once these hit flowering and explode upwards.....the Strawberry Diesel too, but to a lesser extent then those others.... seriously....they explode upwards...

Here's my blowfish now, 2 weeks into flower.... 4 feet tall...they were definately under 2 feet 3 weeks ago...

Blowfish on the right, strawberry diesel towards the left...one tall casey jones in the middle

just blowfish...everything you see here is "stretch" that just happened

Now the good news...what it'll look like soon if all goes well :muahaha:

(midplant shot but I like it anyway....really shows how blowfish buds....45 days into 12/12....

Good luck
teach

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

very nice pics stoned teacher had to give ya rep for them!

Love the new grow here.. Green crack should be fun if it works out... GOod luck and I wish you the best

REp +++

B

basement420

The person who gifted me these cuts has just informed me that the cut of Blowfish is actually a pheno called the katsu cut of Blowfish. Thought I would add that for accuracy.

B

basement420

Finally starting to see progress in the plants. It has been 10 days since they were introduced to the system. The beginning 4 days were under one 43W CFL and then from that point on they have been under the 600W HPS. I added 2 gals H2O to the system this morning and also added nutes until the PPMs = 520.

The screen is set at 5" above the top of the buckets. And the first plant to reach the screen was the Kali Mist.

Here is the Kali Mist:

The Strawberry Diesel:

The Blowfish:

And the Green Crack, which is the slowest to get going I had a clog in an airline which I didn't catch until yesterday the roots are just now starting to reach out from the net cup. All of the other plants larger root systems:

Last edited:
S

stoned teacher

Good progress...

stretch wise, the green crack is gonna be left in the dust when flowered with the others. :)

S

statictattoo

Nice set up man, I want to ditch the roommates and set up a bigger 2k grow.. someday the weed i grow will pay their rent :joint:

B

basement420

Teach - If you say these are going to stretch so much, would you be able to make any recommendation as to when to flip them to 12/12 so as to fill the screen? And thanks for stopping by to give your advice and feedback.

Statictattoo - Thanks for the compliments and thanks for stopping by, I am only at 600W but I hope to continuously grow larger after every harvest, last harvest bought me the 600W and hopefully this one will buy me a 1000W.

Cocktail Frank - Thanks for stopping by, I have three ROM SSHs that are sitting in my cloner getting bigger and more developed root systems. I plan on letting one become a mom and gifting out the other two to others whom I know. I am also going to clone the plants currently in the system to make some moms for each strain. I cant let one in this round though. I have the Kali Mist which will flower in about the same time as the Strawberry diesel so those two can be harvested a few weeks after both the Green Crack and Blowfish. So I can have a harvest that seems to keep on giving.

S

stoned teacher

YOu can keep the blowfish relatively close to the others as far as stretch and time goes ( except the GC)...I've let blowfishgo 65-70 and it aint bad....

hmmm its kinda tough for me to recommend....you're trying to get a shoot through every hole in the screen via pure scrog?

My worry for ya is height and the green crack just getting left in the dust to not get much light....I haven't done scrog with any of these strains, but my ignorant recommendation would be to keep em short and keep topping each shoot till you have the beginnings of almost enough shoots to fill the screen.....keep em short till flower....they will be up to your net/screen in no time..then through it....then right up to that light :) ...

Yeah that roms SSH..man I hardly got 2 ounces off of a really really big plant of it, but man it was incredible smoke...definitely the head stash that I saved for me, and for anyone to check out that I wanted to impress....smell taste and high...wow incredible weed..yeild-wise...ouch...but it keep me coming back....serious dankness!

Even if the green crack gets dwarfed, I know your gonna enjoy this grow and the results of it....

Last edited:
great progress

great progress

As a first time grower, it is inspiring to see not only your setup but the growth involved. i will keep a good eye on this grow because it is teaching me quite a bit. thanks for the direction on finding information on the godberry. good luck.

-keep my feet on the ground and my head in the cloud.-

B

basement420

Well it has almost been another week, week three of veg started yesterday. I had some troubles this week. To start off the entire system began to leak and I apparently didn't notice until it was too late cause I woke up and went to check on them only to find 12 gallons of water on the floor twice this week. Well it turned out to be a few of the nylon bushings I am using to water-seal the return lines had backed off their threads alittle and the three that did this were enough to drain the system. My advise to anyone thinking about constructing the recirculating system is to invest your money right, buy proper ebb and flow fittings, they will save you tons of frustration (wish I would have). Secondly the dog got her head shoved into the plant area and snapped the kali mist clone at the lower section of her growth but I tied her up and she has healed finely with no indication of slowing down. Other than that things are going great at the moment. I have the system set to a PH of 5.9 and their has been a slow drift that I have allowed up to 6.3. I have also moved the PPMs up to 620 and the plants seem just fine with that. So for being long here are some pics:

The Kali Mist Tied Up:

As you can see the Green Crack clone is not doing so well, I have switched it out to this newer green crack clone that hopefully will provide some better growth once acclimated to the system, the other was showing no growth what so ever:

B

basement420

Well today started week four of veg state. The Larger plants, (kali mist, strawberry diesel, and blowfish) are starting to fill their screens nicely, I think they will get put into 12/12 on saturday, after I have a few more days to train them alittle further. The Green Crack Clone is finally starting to grow, some but not much. I think I am going to stretch the blowfish over to take up more of the screen where the green crack clone would have been. I will most likely take this green crack clone out of the system and plant in soil to make a mother plant so I can try to run the strain again in the future. I am working on a veg area above the current grow so I can keep some moms and some cuttings. I have my PH set to 5.9 and my PPMs are set at 910. I am using some GH micro/bloom at a rate of 1-part to 2 parts. using some Floralicious Plus and some H2O2. I also added some air-stones to the reservoir and it has seemed to help in keeping my PH steady. Sorry for the long post again, here are some update pics:

Latest posts

Latest posts