What's new

New location, new system.

RudeDog

Veteran
Informative thread you got going here Speede. Bring on the pics.

How much headroom you got in there?

S

speedemon

Informative thread you got going here Speede. Bring on the pics.

How much headroom you got in there?

Thanks my friend, I try :)

As for head room then the total height is about 6' so after all the sound proofing and the system etc I have about 2.5' from the top of the SCROG screen for the buds, hence why I am focusing on bushes and not trees :)

your a gent mate

did I get the layering right ?

I may give this a go

peace

Hey bro,

You have the layering right as thats how I have done it with spot on results. The way I know I have spot on results when we go to bed the wife does not bitch at me about the noises lol, if she's happy then I am happy. If she is not then I am in the loft trying to stop the noises lol as its harder to sleep through constant moanings than it is to put up with the noise.

Right here is your fill of pics now mate, and I am totally impressed with the root growth considering not one airstone in any of the system:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
mmm where's the bolognaise sauce lol

there coming on a treat mate and that cooler looks sexy in the corner gotta get me one of those

peace

L

LEX-UK

Sweeeet... Damn she got legs up to ere, bit young for me tho lol. Only 6days that is impressive mate.

Thank you for the soundproof info very handy.

All the best bro.

L

LEX-UK

So how much does the chiller up the humidity? Does it works same as a evaporator

E

Easy e

I'm glad I caught this early enough , gonna be some monsters in there :)

Sweet set up mate I'm sub'd

Edgey

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
So how much does the chiller up the humidity? Does it works same as a evaporator

I dont think it does lex if its cooling it's trying to make things comfortable I think it dehumidifies the evaporation process too al have another look

edit

haven't a clue but it's wattage is 125w if it takes the heat off the canopy then it's well worth it

peace

S

speedemon

Hey bro, the humidity in the room is a comfortable 45% RH it has not affected it at all in fact its brought it down sklightly if anything :)
Edited to add: I do have a dehumidifier with humidistat for the flowering period just in case as bud rot on the Kali if she went past 35% RH can be severe I have read, so that's why I bought a dehumidifier but with humidistat so that I could set the RH depending on stage, its also useful beside my custom drying box to aid the drying stage.

I'm glad I caught this early enough , gonna be some monsters in there :)

Sweet set up mate I'm sub'd

Edgey

Great to have you on board my friend, hope your right, welcome to the show. :tiphat:

I dont think it does lex if its cooling it's trying to make things comfortable I think it dehumidifies the evaporation process too al have another look

peace

Spot on my friend it works a charm ;)

Peace

S

speedemon

The roots are going crazy so I have now added the push on copper filtration screens to the exiting pipes before the pump to stop any root blockages :) I have made enough to put over each exiting pipe so the roots are contained in each system rather than growing through the pipes. I made these when I read that Heaths system blocked with roots and each system was running at full level as the roots where stopping the current flowing through. They where simply made out of 40mm screw on collars and cutting some 40mm discs out of copper mesh sheet for filtration as smaller hole mesh, then siliconing them into the collar which then just fits over the pipe. Easy and will save any blockages, so worth doing on this type of system as root growth is phenomenal.

L

LEX-UK

How does one rate a thread?

Very cool that chiller will look into it more, not that its needed I battle with colder temps most. Very cool speed, gotta admit u & ril threads has inspired me to put more effort into my old hobby.. So thank u for that boys!

L

LEX-UK

The roots are going crazy so I have now added the push on copper filtration screens to the exiting pipes before the pump to stop any root blockages :) I have made enough to put over each exiting pipe so the roots are contained in each system rather than growing through the pipes. I made these when I read that Heaths system blocked with roots and each system was running at full level as the roots where stopping the current flowing through. They where simply made out of 40mm screw on collars and cutting some 40mm discs out of copper mesh sheet for filtration as smaller hole mesh, then siliconing them into the collar which then just fits over the pipe. Easy and will save any blockages, so worth doing on this type of system as root growth is phenomenal.

Awesome idea thanks for sharing!

S

speedemon

How does one rate a thread?

Very cool that chiller will look into it more, not that its needed I battle with colder temps most. Very cool speed, gotta admit u & ril threads has inspired me to put more effort into my old hobby.. So thank u for that boys!

Hey bro, glad we inspired you :) To rate a thread go into the post and along the top in the green bar you will see "rate thread" and an arrow, click the arrow an you will see 1-5 stars, just click on what you think the thread deserves.

The aquarium chiller was one of the best things I bought for the reservoir and the air cooler is the best thing I have bought for under the reflector temps and so cheap to run as well, with all my lights fans cooler etc I am only using 25p per hour for everything in the house including my room :)

L

LEX-UK

U burning 600's or 1000's yet? 25p per hour sound scary to me lmao I better go double up on lights then as I've got no kettle microwave washing machine house lights or even a fridge to draw power.. I'm paranoid nice to meet u lol

S

speedemon

U burning 600's or 1000's yet? 25p per hour sound scary to me lmao I better go double up on lights then as I've got no kettle microwave washing machine house lights or even a fridge to draw power.. I'm paranoid nice to meet u lol

600s mate lol you think 25p is scary, when I was running with a/c I was getting 45p-50p per hour and that's before I crank up the bulbs to 1100 watts each.

Edited to add you have no "kettle microwave washing machine house lights or even a fridge" How do you navigate around your house at night and keep your beers cold? Also how do you make a hot drink without a kettle? lol

L

LEX-UK

600s mate lol you think 25p is scary, when I was running with a/c I was getting 45p-50p per hour and that's before I crank up the bulbs to 1100 watts each.

Edited to add you have no "kettle microwave washing machine house lights or even a fridge" How do you navigate around your house at night and keep your beers cold? Also how do you make a hot drink without a kettle? lol

Candles.. Not much of a indoor beer person tbh & well.. Candles lol:smoky:

S

speedemon

SCROG Screen on

SCROG Screen on

Today I have put the screen across them and taken another root pic, as I do not know how easy root pics will be once they start pressing against the screen, but the pics give you an idea of just how fast growth is in this system. Specially now the PH is settled at 5.8 constant with no adjusting needed any more, so glad I did not buy the ph nanny.

L

LEX-UK

Nice they certainly are moving at a pace.. Nice root shot.

You find that plastic screen Tobe strong enough mate?

Is that a canna ph down bottle I see? I may have to try these mutes out as I'm having to add lots of down continually with the canna range.

Alls looking pukka mate, I would trim some lowers to get the tops in screen quicker, but I'd imagine ur onit lol.

Gd lk SD!

S

speedemon

Nice they certainly are moving at a pace.. Nice root shot.

You find that plastic screen Tobe strong enough mate?

Is that a canna ph down bottle I see? I may have to try these mutes out as I'm having to add lots of down continually with the canna range.

Alls looking pukka mate, I would trim some lowers to get the tops in screen quicker, but I'd imagine ur onit lol.

Gd lk SD!

Hey my friend,
Yeah I find the 15mm pipe strong enough for the supports of my screens, I find lots of uses for that stuff :)

Yeah that's Canna PH down Grow and I also have a bottle of Canna PH Down Bloom, its good stuff and very little is needed.

I will be starting to trim away a few of the light blocking fan leaves soon that's covering the lower branches, then once more established the hard work begins with training and clearing the under growth. :tiphat::ying::ying: