What's new

New kelp derived paclo

SativaBreather

Veteran
:

Interesting, Ive heard it can be used for stretch, I just used it the first time to prevent hermies from a light leak. This shit stinks when its being sprayed, it gave me a headache, l guess its from the ethylene off gassing, definitely gonna use a respirator next time. Did you use it right at flip or wait till day 7 like the instructions say? Does it have a drastic hault on vertical growth like paclo or does it just slow things down with some minor strech? How many applications do you use? Standard application rate?

i do one application when Im happy with height
it halts stretch quite significantly except on very sativa dom plants

milkyjoe

Veteran
They also put out a lot of shite:) I had to laugh re another thread that is going on about Carboload on this site. It's 250 grams a litre of glucose and some (low levels of) fulvic acid (FA) which given their use of lignite derived FA is pointless because there is jack nothing of FA and lots of humic acid (HA). Actually here's the formula they used (and probably still do - see following). I have most of their original formulas as a result of a bad debt being paid off (20K for a bunch of very average formulas that were less than impressive). A good friend of mine and colleague in Australia (a molecular biologist) reformulated their nutrients because they were precipitating. Couldn't believe it - their 200 PhD chemists had used mono magnesium sulfate in solution which is about as dumb as you get from a chemistry perspective because it has low solubility. They also do some other stupid things ------ bottom line is, if they have PhD's working for them... PhD refers to 'prefers hard drugs.' Anyway, carboload formula - go the most expensive sugar on the planet!

FORMULA C-1 CARBOLOAD (LIQUID)
BATCH: 400 L / 1000 L
INGREDIENTS QUANTITY (400 L) QUANTITY (1000 L)
1 Sodium Benzoate 2.4 kg 6 kg
2a Xanthum gum 1.8 kg 4.5 kg
2b Isopropyl Alcohol 3 L 7.5 L
3 Glucose 100 kg 250 kg
4 Fulvic acid 8 L 20 L

What kind of ca:mg ratios are you recommending for veg and flower? And can't foliar be used to change ratios...say simply spray mg in flowe?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
glow....what do you think about Spurr's feeding chart?

In my experience ..the Low P helps a lot with stretch... but I have also noticed less dense flowers...with possibly a little bit lets Crystal formation

It works on everything though...from seedling to 10ft trees...

I noticed a huge difference between this formula and the Lucas

picture.php

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
They also put out a lot of shite:) I had to laugh re another thread that is going on about Carboload on this site. It's 250 grams a litre of glucose and some (low levels of) fulvic acid (FA) which given their use of lignite derived FA is pointless because there is jack nothing of FA and lots of humic acid (HA). Actually here's the formula they used (and probably still do - see following). I have most of their original formulas as a result of a bad debt being paid off (20K for a bunch of very average formulas that were less than impressive). A good friend of mine and colleague in Australia (a molecular biologist) reformulated their nutrients because they were precipitating. Couldn't believe it - their 200 PhD chemists had used mono magnesium sulfate in solution which is about as dumb as you get from a chemistry perspective because it has low solubility. They also do some other stupid things ------ bottom line is, if they have PhD's working for them... PhD refers to 'prefers hard drugs.' Anyway, carboload formula - go the most expensive sugar on the planet!

3 Glucose 100 kg 250 kg
4 Fulvic acid 8 L 20 L

Do you know the process used to extract the xanthum? Did you talk to Rico Cortes about this stuff or did they just give you a list of ingredients?

glow

glow....what do you think about Spurr's feeding chart?

In my experience ..the Low P helps a lot with stretch... but I have also noticed less dense flowers...with possibly a little bit lets Crystal formation

It works on everything though...from seedling to 10ft trees...

I noticed a huge difference between this formula and the Lucas

View Image

It looks just fine Storm Shadow - I think you mentioned this one before but looking at this feed chart he's running 54ppm of elemental P in solution. Ca to Mg ratio might want a tweak although perhaps not. I tend to aim for a 3:1 Ca Mg ratio in coir but frankly 2:1 - 2.5:1 works just fine also. I think the important thing to realize also re optimal nutrition is that what works in run to waste may not work so well in recycling due to preferential nutrient uptake - so the elements/ions N, P, K and Mn are taken up in very high amounts and can quickly become depleted from the nutrient tank. RTW/DTW maintains better nutrient status (fresh feed every time) particularly where high frequency feeds are used so you can run very low levels of P as long as you regularly feed. For example, research by Mohamad Zamri Sabli (2012) with bell peppers has shown that where high frequency irrigation is used, Leaf-P increased with increasing fertigation frequency and was highest in the 20-irrigation events day. There were negligible differences in concentration of nitrogen (N) and potassium (K) in leaf. This indicates that the differences in bell pepper performance subjected to different irrigation frequency can be attributed to better uptake of phosphorus.

So basically, while that formula would work just fine in RTW it may actually be light on P in a recycling situation. I'm finding 60ppm of P works just fine myself for RTW. You only drop P to 25ppm or there abouts during stretch. Thereafter you lift P again.

glow

Do you know the process used to extract the xanthum? Did you talk to Rico Cortes about this stuff or did they just give you a list of ingredients?

Xanthum is a cheap thickener - nothing else. No the formulas came from the onetime Australian AN distributor who was stood over by some scum bag low rent bikies and forced to give them to the psycho from Cyco. As he was bankrupted he couldn't pay off a bad debt he had held with me for years, so he handed me the Cyco and Advanced Nutrients formulas. They're pretty damn average formulas - I certainly don't use any of them. AN have tried to enter the Australian market several times now - they pretty much have had very limited success there (tiny market share). Guess Aussies just don't buy the bullshit.

BubbaBear

I wish him the best and hope he can run an honest race in future. A one part for growth and bloom though makes no sense as flowering plants have very different NPK etc requirements during different stages of growth. What's the guaranteed analysis tell you?

Ubers Uni base is 4-3-7
It claims it automatically adjusts its NPK ratio to match the needs of your plants. They call it a Nutri-Sence NPK auto-sensing technology. They claim one third of the NPK is encapsulated and is released when the plant releses specific plant acids that they release in different parts of development so as the plant needs certain elements for different parts of development the plant releases different kinds of acids which then break the encapsulation and the nutrient the plant needs is made available to the plant.

The whole Uber nutrients line is pretty advanced and unique.

BubbaBear

3 Glucose 100 kg 250 kg
4 Fulvic acid 8 L 20 L

They do put out a lot of shite but they put our some good products as well, every line had its weak points and products that arent needed just so they can make more money, lets face it the hydro game is just shady period, I just like giving props where props are due. Advanced may of got there start from coping GH three part base but, it didnt take long for GH to start coping the Advanced line, most nutrient lines are bases of Advanced nutrients line these days, base+silica+humates+beneficials+sugars and PK boosters. Advanced was doing it first now thats what % 80 of the nutrient lines that are out are based off of. They were the first people to come out and say there nutrients specifically for growing marijuana and give advice on how to use there products to grow marijuana. They were the first company to put as much science behind nutrient for specifically growing weed and they continue to do so, that being said the only products of theres I use is there PH down and Budfactor X, just giving props where props are due.
Oh and there products have been tested for PGRs several times and always come up clean so at least they have good morals when it comes to that. Every time I see there newest cartooniest bottle makes me cringe a little inside, they clearly aren't advertising to adults.

glow

Ubers Uni base is 4-3-7
It claims it automatically adjusts its NPK ratio to match the needs of your plants. They call it a Nutri-Sence NPK auto-sensing technology. They claim one third of the NPK is encapsulated and is released when the plant releses specific plant acids that they release in different parts of development so as the plant needs certain elements for different parts of development the plant releases different kinds of acids which then break the encapsulation and the nutrient the plant needs is made available to the plant.

The whole Uber nutrients line is pretty advanced and unique.

Steve Berlow's bullshit is definitely "advanced" and "unique". Do yourself a favour and use a good grow nute in grow and a good bloom nute in bloom. You've just quoted alien speak. More crap out of the mouth of a business sociopath. 4-3-7 is elemental 4- 1.29 - 5.81. That's an aggressive bloom nutrient.

glow

They do put out a lot of shite but they put our some good products as well, every line had its weak points and products that arent needed just so they can make more money, lets face it the hydro game is just shady period, I just like giving props where props are due. Advanced may of got there start from coping GH three part base but, it didnt take long for GH to start coping the Advanced line, most nutrient lines are bases of Advanced nutrients line these days, base+silica+humates+beneficials+sugars and PK boosters. Advanced was doing it first now thats what % 80 of the nutrient lines that are out are based off of. They were the first people to come out and say there nutrients specifically for growing marijuana and give advice on how to use there products to grow marijuana. They were the first company to put as much science behind nutrient for specifically growing weed and they continue to do so, that being said the only products of theres I use is there PH down and Budfactor X, just giving props where props are due.
Oh and there products have been tested for PGRs several times and always come up clean so at least they have good morals when it comes to that. Every time I see there newest cartooniest bottle makes me cringe a little inside, they clearly aren't advertising to adults.

Yes to ANs credit they do not use PGRs and have actively lobbied against them (applause there, albeit they probably are doing it purely for commercial reasons). And yes like all brands they have a few good products - shame that they talk so much shit and treat hydroponic consumers with contempt.

BubbaBear

i do one application when Im happy with height
it halts stretch quite significantly excepEthephonon very sativa dom plants

Cool, thanks for the info, im gonna give it a shot, most my plants are heavy stretchers though. I believe the PGR in it is Ethephonon, the same stuff they use to make seedless watermelons.

Glow- do you have any info on this PGR? Do you know if its considered Safe?
Does it kill oil production like paclo?

BubbaBear

Steve Berlow's bullshit is definitely "advanced" and "unique". Do yourself a favour and use a good grow nute in grow and a good bloom nute in bloom. You've just quoted alien speak. More crap out of the mouth of a business sociopath. 4-3-7 is elemental 4- 1.29 - 5.81. That's an aggressive bloom nutrient.

lol, thanks I just like to experiment. I run several tables in a perpetual set up and like to see how different nutrients and boosters work. Its not the only line im runing im just trying out Uber, seeing how it stacks up to Heavy 16 If l can find something to make my life easier improve quality and yield im all about it. Theres so many nutrient lines and you cant trust much info that hydro store guys give you so you need to do your own homework and experiments.

dabking

Yes to ANs credit they do not use PGRs and have actively lobbied against them (applause there, albeit they probably are doing it purely for commercial reasons). And yes like all brands they have a few good products - shame that they talk so much shit and treat hydroponic consumers with contempt.

yes they do. Tricantonol its in bud factor x. But its a safe pgr

glow

yes they do. Tricantonol its in bud factor x. But its a safe pgr

Indeed - sorry I was talking about chem PGRs but perhaps should specify that (also subclass growth retardant). Tria is safe and a good thing when used correctly.

glow

lol, thanks I just like to experiment. I run several tables in a perpetual set up and like to see how different nutrients and boosters work. Its not the only line im runing im just trying out Uber, seeing how it stacks up to Heavy 16 If l can find something to make my life easier improve quality and yield im all about it. Theres so many nutrient lines and you cant trust much info that hydro store guys give you so you need to do your own homework and experiments.

Agree completely BubbaBear - that's smart growing practice. As for Ethephon. Not up to speed on it. What I do know about it would lead me not to use it. Its still a herbicide and still systemic. It's also an organophosphate.... see http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/dienochlor-glyphosate/ethephon-ext.html and http://eurekamag.com/research/031/580/031580058.php

Mate - I've never had the need to use chem PGRs - it really comes down to smart growing practices. Leggy genetics should be grown in greenhouses if they are unsuitable for under lights. No med should be produced using products that potentially harm the end consumer - its that simple.

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Xanthum is a cheap thickener - nothing else. No the formulas came from the onetime Australian AN distributor who was stood over by some scum bag low rent bikies and forced to give them to the psycho from Cyco. As he was bankrupted he couldn't pay off a bad debt he had held with me for years, so he handed me the Cyco and Advanced Nutrients formulas. They're pretty damn average formulas - I certainly don't use any of them. AN have tried to enter the Australian market several times now - they pretty much have had very limited success there (tiny market share). Guess Aussies just don't buy the bullshit.

It's my understanding the xylose in carboload makes it a superior product to many of the other carb products on the market. Actually Xanthum isn't just a cheap thickener. There's a proprietary method Rico came up with to extract these things. If you mix your five ingredients together you'll see you don't get carboload. The same way if you mix the ingredients listed on the back of a can of pepsi you don't get something you'd want to drink.

glow

It's my understanding the xylose in carboload makes it a superior product to many of the other carb products on the market. Actually Xanthum isn't just a cheap thickener. There's a proprietary method Rico came up with to extract these things. If you mix your five ingredients together you'll see you don't get carboload. The same way if you mix the ingredients listed on the back of a can of pepsi you don't get something you'd want to drink.

That's really odd GreenintheThumb - my friend used to mix it and it was carboload. Nothing proprietary there unless you call glucose and xanthum proprietary.

Oh BTW - I've heard that Pepsi spin before. I think AN or Dutchmaster used it and actually you could easily create Pepsi from the list of ingredients just as you can create a nutrient within 98% accuracy of the original from lab analysis. Why people compare nutrients to Pepsi is sort of beyond me though. Pepsi is Pepsi and a nutrient is a nutrient is a nutrient.